• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Unless you've actually played both Mario and Dr. Mario extensively like Metal Overlord and I have, you are in no way to label Doc. Dr. Mario has gameplay differences within his moves that overall give him a different feel than Mario.
There's a reason why Doc isn't in the exact same spot as Mario is on the Tier List, which he would be if he was an exact copy.
Going by that what you classify as an "exact copy", Falco should be labeled an exact copy of Fox in Melee. Only difference are properties in his moves and the fact he's a pheasant, not a fox. They even wear the same costume.

And really, what is the problem with him being an alternate selection from Mario? I always thought people just hated the idea of Doc taking his own slot, now the problem is that "he shouldn't be any more than just a simple costume for Mario with no differences whatsoever"? Sounds pretty selfish, if you ask me.

@Kuma: Bear in mind that Sakurai's not the only one doing the balancing this time. It should go much smoother.
Interesting... I'll look into it, and the copied moves, and the copied jumps, and the copied weight...

Dr. Mario... I just don't like the intrest of him returning, yet we look down on YLink and Pichu. Virtually, they're all the same arguement. Back in Pokemon Fanbase, Pichu is VERY popular. In LoZ fanbase, YLink is EXTREMELY popular, moreso than TLink.

It's just me, I suppose. Toad 4 Sm4sh, g'day.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Difference between Mario and Doc
-The Super Sheet is longer than the cape and has more lag, making it not as useful as Mario's Cape for recovery.
-His pills do more damage than Mario's fireballs.
-His Down Tilt sends opponents behind him.
-His F-air is not a Meteor Smash like Mario's. It is, however, a strong fist move, similar to Ganondorf`s, except slightly stronger.
-It is harder to break out of his Down B attack.
-He is slightly stronger in terms of damage and knockback.
-His Down B attack sends opponents in a random direction, while Mario's sends upwards.
-Dr. Mario's Forward Smash is stronger if the opponent is closer, which is the opposite of Mario. It also has less range than Mario's.
-His Sex Kick gets stronger the longer it sticks out.
-Slightly faster air speed.
-Slightly slower on ground.
-Forward Smash deals Electric Damage rather than Fire.
-Super Sheet - Gives a slight lift. This can be used once in the air to gain altitude, unlike Mario's-- which may be used more than once (Probably because his lift isn't as large as Mario's).
-Dr. Tornado - If one mashes B rapidly while Dr. Mario is spinning, he'll get a slight lift. Hold the Control Stick towards the stage afterwards so the slight altitude gained is not wasted. This can also be used only once in the air to rise.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Dr. Mario is actually heavier than Mario in the PAL release, but still.

But anways:
Dr. Mario-Planned for Brawl. Added in Melee to represent the puzzle genre.
Young Link-Not planned and replaced by Toon Link. Added in Melee under the prospect of having a "true" Link.
Pichu-Not planned and not properly replaced. Added in Melee as a joke character.

Not quite in the same boat.....

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oasis: Truuly, bucko! (-ò[]ó-)

But Sakurai added Doc due getting carried away by that whole requesting for Doc as an alternative costume and whole FIREBALLS WOULDN'T FIT-thing.

wildvine47

Smash Ace

Alternate Costumes are incomplete at the moment (I'm only up to Ghirahim as of now) but this is basically what I feel we'll end up seeing, give or take a few characters. Fantasic template by GoldenYuiitusin, thank you for that. And now on to explanations.

Mario Newcomers: Toad and Bowser Jr. - Both very well liked characters with interesting moveset potential and popularity. I'm not the biggest fan of either, but I feel both are pretty likely. Honorable Mentions: Paper Mario, Rosalina

Zelda Newcomers: The only "real" new character here is Ghirahim, because of his popularity and current-ness from SS. Also, his moveset pretty much writes itself. And while I don't think that Impa will get her own slot, I do feel she's likely to take over Sheik's role, and simply use all of Sheik's old moves. Sheik her/himself is included as an Alt Costume though. Honorable Mentions: Groose, Vaati, Tingle

DK Newcomers: King K. Rool: Honestly, probably the most important character to the series next to DK and Diddy, loads of moveset potential, and also has the benefit of being a popular choice. I know that Dixie was in Yui's original one, but I just don't see her being in over K. Rool, nor do I see DK getting four reps. She is, however, Diddy's alt costume. Honorable Mentions: Dixie, Tiki Tong

Metroid Newcomers: Ridley. The most deserving character left out of Brawl's roster IMO. Do I need to say any more? Honorable Mentions (And very likely if Metroid gets more than 2 reps): Dark Samus, Adam Malkovich, Melissa Bergman

Kid Icarus Newcomers: Now this is what I don't understand. Kid Icarus is almost definitely getting a new rep, but everybody seems to think it'll be Palutena. Now, I know she's important, and that she can have a moveset made for her, but I really don't see her being more likely than Medusa, who's got moveset potential all over the place, plus the benefit of being a villain. Although, I'd much rather have Palutena than Dark Pit or that Magnus guy. Honorable Mentions: Palutena

Kirby Newcomers: Bandana Dee seems pretty likely to me, with an already made moveset, lots of popularity, and being the only other playable Kirby character left. He also has the benefit of having somewhat of a history with the series. Honorable Mentions: Dark Matter (Sword Matter)

Starfox Series: Krystal is kinda so-so with me, but I'd say she's more likely than not, with Sakurai being interested in her. This is especially likely if the rumors of Retro's Starfox are true. Honorable Mentions: None

F-Zero series: Captain Falcon's been alone for far too long, and IMO the only real choice for a second character is Goroh. He's already been an Assist Trophy, has been Falcon's rival since the original game, and has more than enough popularity to warrant his inclusion. One of the more likely newcomers, I think, even more so if we do end up getting that Wii-U F-Zero. Honorable mentions: Black Shadow, Pico

Pokemon Newcomers: Mewtwo and Zoroark are really the only good choices here. Mewtwo never should have left in the first place, and Zoroark is the posterchild of Gen 5, just like Lucario was. Sorry Victini fans, but I just really don't find him all that likely as anything but a Pokeball Pokemon. I also REALLY REALLY wanted to include Deoxys here, but he's admittedly not all that likely anymore. Honorable Mentions: Deoxys, Meowth, Darkrai

FE Newcomers: Roy isn't really a newcomer, per se, but I feel like he's pretty likely to return, especially with the rumors of his game being remade. Seeing as how much backlash there was over his removal, I don't think he'll be skipping out on this Smash title. Although admittedly, if I was to try and cut this roster down, he'd be one of the first few to go. Also, I don't know where else to put this, but Marth is probably gonna speak English now, considering that his game's now available in English. Honorable Mentions: Chrome, Sigurd

Other Newcomers
Isaac: Loads of moveset potential, tons of fan support, and the added bonus of having been an assist trophy.
Little Mac: One of the most likely newcomers, with a good pool of moves, an important series to Nintendo history, and plenty of popularity.
Saki: Sin and Punishment just got a revival recently, AND both the original game and its sequel were ported to the US AND he was already an assist trophy.
Mii: Nintendo's been putting Mii's into almost any multiplayer game for a while now, and with Mii's being a bigger part of it's repetoire than ever before, I'm expecting to be able to play as your Mii by the time this game rolls around.
Starfy/Stafy: Despite the confusion about his name, this star has a number of great games under his belt, and has the popularity and moveset to prove it. His lack of a more recent game may hurt his chances slightly, but I still feel he's very likely to be playable.
Megaman: Easily the most deserving 3rd Party left, I can't see Megaman NOT making it in unless Capcom decides to keep him out. And I honestly think the whole Megaman "trolling" business has been thrown WAY out of proportion, so I don't see them preventing his inclusion.
Sukapon: The WTF character of my roster, Sakurai's been trying to add Sukapon to Smash since SSB64, but continually keeps running into problems with the Rayman-esque fighter. I feel like by the time SSBU rolls around, he'll finally get to put him into the game.
Shulk: Xenoblade has had a huge debacle over it coming to the US with Project Rainfall as of late, and with Nintendo seeming to have realized that people REALLY like this game, it's pretty likely that they'll capitalize on its popularity, and put Shulk into Smash.

Whew. I'm not gonna go into alt costume discussion as of yet (I'll save that for when I'm done adding them in). But suffice it to say, some of these characters I'm hitting a brick wall coming up with Alt Costumes for though, so help would be appreciated. (Ex. Zoroark, Game and Watch, Shulk, ROB, etc.)

D

Deleted member

That he did, Horsetail. That he did.

Also, I notice that is an edited image of my Roster....

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Didn't Sakurai rule out Sukappn back in Melee-days???

As far as I know, Sakurai's never ruled out Sukapon. I specifically remember that back in the Pre-Brawl days of his mailbag thing, Sukapon was brought up a number of times, and Sakurai said he'd been actively trying to get him into the game. So no, I don't think he's been ruled out.

Edit: Oh, and Golden, I credited you for it. If you want me to take it down, I can, but it's a really good template for editing.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_rumors

Ah ok, turns out I was remembering wrong. There's a section here on Sukapon and the Mii's. He had promised Sukapon, but only as a trophy. And as we all know, that didn't end up happening either.

OK then, time to switch him out for someone. Probably Mach Rider or an AC character.

Aside from Sukapon though, any other comments on my roster and choices?

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Man you guys are brutal. XD

I remember the picture of the Nintendog and the Villager, but things could have changed between now and then. Who knows?

Honestly I wasn't trying to offend anyone with that picture or the comments. It's just a list I thought was likely to happen, I'm not targeting anyone or anything.

D

Deleted member

Also, I know that Captain Falcon essentially took the prototype character's model from Dragon King: The Fighting Game, but I see that he didn't particularly take all his moves...

So what if the Dragon King character made his return as Smash's original character?
It's the red one. The others are alt. colors

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Everytime Sukapon is mentioned, my heart breaks.

I think all the talk about the Villager is even making me wish Sakurai didn't shoot down the idea.

D

Deleted member

It seems I have found the weakness for the Strongest. Therefore, I am now the Strongest!

Anyone want to comment on the Dragon King guy?

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
I think dragon king guy would be cool, being the smash original fighter. He already seems to have an A move set.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yui: Lolz- Asage, use Sukabombs wisely.

I dunno would that work, it would be somewhat oddball in a crossover game despite being the foremost thing about SSB.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Man you guys are brutal. XD

I remember the picture of the Nintendog and the Villager, but things could have changed between now and then. Who knows?

Honestly I wasn't trying to offend anyone with that picture or the comments. It's just a list I thought was likely to happen, I'm not targeting anyone or anything.
yeah we kinda debate what we got on mind often.

And its true that all roster character look same so through.

D

Deleted member

What would he even be called? Dragon King? Ryuoh? Some random name out of the blue?
I think Ryuoh would be the best bet.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
What would he even be called? Dragon King? Ryuoh? Some random name out of the blue?
I think Ryuoh would be the best bet.
How about he's called red, and then his name switches to blue, green, yellow, purple, black, orange, white or pink depending on the pallet swap. That would be Sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom