• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So, Ranmaru, what would you like to see changed/added/removed/Sheik/Poison? I'm not talking about characters, strictly mechanics.

I would like the to go back to 64's simplicity in hitstun and DI while keeping Melee's insane mobility and defensive options and then go from there.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
As a community, I think we're pretty fine. Melee tournament attendance is great, Brawl tournament attendance is good, and Smash 64 competitive-wise is looking pretty good. Plus Smash Boards has never been bigger. I think overall we are also a mature fanbase, aside from those Japanese smashers and all their good manners, good attitudes, and approachability. :laugh:

The games are alright. Fix some stuff, make some stuff easier to learn (but still difficult to master), add this, add that, tweak that, and we're good. That sums up what we want in this new smash bros games... along with an entirely new smash bros experience.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
We need Super Smashes. It will be the middleman between smash attacks and final smashes, and they'll be generally upgraded versions of existing smash attacks.

@Kuma: Makes sense.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm not talking about attendance, John. I'm talking about the attitude of the players. People outside of the Smash community know about the things like the MLG incidents, M2K's occasional indecency and self-entitlement, etc.

@Birth Note
I've thought it should be like this. Super Smashes are the traditional fighting game super, meaning these moves are made with balance in mind. The Final Smashes would be like fatalities except without the graphic violence and stuff; basically, they would be cinematic finishers.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I'm not talking about attendance, John. I'm talking about the attitude of the players. People outside of the Smash community know about the things like the MLG incidents, M2K's occasional indecency and self-entitlement, etc.

@Birth Note
I've thought it should be like this. Super Smashes are the traditional fighting game super, meaning these moves are made with balance in mind. The Final Smashes would be like fatalities except without the graphic violence and stuff; basically, they would be cinematic finishers.
So they would just be flavor finishers? I don't think Sakurai would waste the resources on something that trivial. Also, it's a lot harder in Smash since they don't simply have a health bar that causes them to drop dead if it runs out.

:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
M2K has more than occasional indecencies, according to some people I know that have spent a lot of time with him.

But yeah, the people who judge us based on that are stupid. It's just like the people who think all professionals are thugs just because a few have committed felonies (although professional athletes commit a lot less felonies than the average man). All they have to do is show up, and meet the friendly faces. All the tournaments I went to, Melee, Brawl, or even the Smash 64 rooms, have all been nice, friendly, fun, and made me want to want to play smash MORE!!!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy and Cranky talked quite a lot in Jungle Climber, DK responded with grunts. Link had quite some character in all Zeldas past OOT as well.

What happened to Shortiecanbrawl's poll? Did it just get deleted?

I checked yesterday and today and it's nowhere in sight
He said he hated this thread and didn't want to ever return again yesterday or so? Nobody responded to that post actually.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So they would just be flavor finishers? I don't think Sakurai would waste the resources on something that trivial. Also, it's a lot harder in Smash since they don't simply have a health bar that causes them to drop dead if it runs out.
He wasted resources on SSE, it can happen. And actually, it's not that difficult to set the conditions:

1. Opponent must be on last stock.
2. Opponent must have 100%+ damage taken on said stock.
3. You must have your entire meter bar filled.

For how the matches would end from the attack, it can easily vary. Check out these to get an idea:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68tSUOL-kVo

M2K has more than occasional indecencies, according to some people I know that have spent a lot of time with him.

But yeah, the people who judge us based on that are stupid. It's just like the people who think all professionals are thugs just because a few have committed felonies (although professional athletes commit a lot less felonies than the average man). All they have to do is show up, and meet the friendly faces. All the tournaments I went to, Melee, Brawl, or even the Smash 64 rooms, have all been nice, friendly, fun, and made me want to want to play smash MORE!!!
I've gone to a Brawl tourney myself to see how the local scene was and they are indeed very nice, more than the SF community in the same area.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So, Ranmaru, what would you like to see changed/added/removed/Sheik/Poison? I'm not talking about characters, strictly mechanics.

I would like the to go back to 64's simplicity in hitstun and DI while keeping Melee's insane mobility and defensive options and then go from there.
Well insane mobility and defensive (and attack too because i'm aggressive) options I guess would be something I'd like. I know at's are out of the question, but I would like dash dancing at least. That wasn't hard at all and helps with mobility, instead of just jumping around. : D

Nothing big really. Just that I'm able to have fun with it. If it didn't do well, I'd just stick with Melee and try to support it, competitive wise and for fun. I'd only play Brawl for fun. If I would compete in it, it would be just to see how the Brawl scene is and have fun with other smashers. : P

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also I am not familiar with Brawl AT's. Some of the older ones, like Glide Tossing. I just didn't have a Wii to practice Brawl.

OH WAIT. NOW I DO. But lol, I have the Wii 43u. And I do have a gripe about not being able to use the GC Controller... I'll try it on the Classic Controller regardless.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also, I don't request for Doc in Smash 4 because I am afraid of how he would turn out. I did not like Mario in Brawl at all, Wario was better but sadly he was too heavy for me. : [

Diddy Kong sealed the deal tho.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DACUS is something I did from the start, but glide tossing with Diddy is something else. I can do it now, but only foreward effectively. But I like playing aggresively so it works fine.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
^ I'm really not good with heavy characters. When using them I feel like I'm in slow motion, it just doesn't feel natural to me. I am beast with toon Link though, I practically control the stage if it's like battle field or final D with a boomerang C4 technique.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Diddy and Cranky talked quite a lot in Jungle Climber, DK responded with grunts. Link had quite some character in all Zeldas past OOT as well.
Personality, but he didn't talk (except for a few words in the Wind Waker). Also, did Diddy Kong and Cranky talk in text or wit actual voice actors=???

I've gone to a Brawl tourney myself to see how the local scene was and they are indeed very nice, more than the SF community in the same area.
HAHA, well I actually am friends with a guy or two who are involved in the Street Fighter community, and whenever I play them, all they is complain about their elitist community. Seriously-they think they are cool because they play A VIDEO GAME (to all video games: you are THIS!).

I can imagine it now... some Street Fighter "I'm hardcore cuz I play a child's play thing" fools walking up to Ndamukong Suh and saying "b***h I'm way more hardcore than you. I play Street Fighter," only to never be heard from again. :laugh: :chuckle: :cool:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
^ I'm really not good with heavy characters. When using them I feel like I'm in slow motion, it just doesn't feel natural to me. I am beast with toon Link though, I practically control the stage if it's like battle field or final D with a boomerang C4 technique.

The only heavy I'm good with is D3. My Bowser is okay, my Ganondorf sucks, and I am terrible with Ike. I'm pretty good with Wario.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I hope to God that the designs for Starfox characters go back to the pre-Command art style. I don't want Taco Bell Fox in another game.

@John
I know all about the eletism, and I'm not talking about the big name players (some are pretty nice and Juicebox Abel is a former Smash player). My local community has its share of bad eggs, but it seems to have mellowed out with less trolling. Some people still have this mentality though that randomness is bad.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

I felt the same way with Ganon. I tried him out because people feel like Docs could easily transfer to a Ganon, I could not. Puff was more my fancy. : P

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm good with DK, but he's the fastest of the heavy weights. I'm also good with Ganondorf, and since of late, Wario. Wario feels a bit like Melee Jiggz, but heavier and slower. I liked Melee Jiggz, even before her rise in the tier list.

Ike is cool to, and am sort of ok with DeDeDe. Bowser I use online a lot, the only heavy I don't like is Snake really.

Also John, they had text only, but still had voices spoken into. Mostly just some noises though. Look it up yourself. The only one who really spoke was Xananab, but he only said banana, nana, and the like :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I hope to God that the designs for Starfox characters go back to the pre-Command art style. I don't want Taco Bell Fox in another game.
Gerro TAKKOO BEWWLLLL!!!!
But for realZ, keep Star Fox based off Star Fox, Star Fox 64, and Star Fox 64 3D. Outfits and looks for Fox, Falco, and Wolf from the other games can be alternate costumes.
@John
I know all about the eletism, and I'm not talking about the big name players (some are pretty nice and Juicebox Abel is a former Smash player). My local community has its share of bad eggs, but it seems to have mellowed out with less trolling. Some people still have this mentality though that randomness is bad.
Well the Street Fighter IV and MvC3 crowd were almost universally nice to the smash community. It's the "we play retro SFII, which makes us cool" folks that annoy the smash community. I remember I went to a Brawl tournament at San Francisco State and there was a Street Fighter III tournament down the way. Some guy was talking about how awesome the game was like it was a religion or some hipster fashion, as one of the best Melee Links in the world (whose' name escapes me now) walked by, who was buff as heck, decked out in tattoos, and was pretty dang funny! :laugh:
Also John, they had text only, but still had voices spoken into. Mostly just some noises though. Look it up yourself. The only one who really spoke was Xananab, but he only said banana, nana, and the like :laugh:
Yeah, I remember Xananab. He reminded me of "OOHHH BANNANNNAANNNAAAHHH!!!" from Donkey Kong 64! :laugh:

That was text only, although I think smash's story should have text for non-speaking characters like Diddy Kong and Donkey Kong who talk via text. That'd be cool bro. :awesome: :reverse: :cool:

@ Dexident
The only characters that aren't Nintendo owned who can appear in smash bros have to have originated in video games and have been on Nintendo console games can appear. Those Star Wars characters do not fit the former rule. Those are Masahiro Sakurai's words (the creator of the smash bros series, and the guy who IS the series), not mine.

Edit: @ Diddy Kong
Screw Impa, OLD MAN FOR SMASH FOURRRR!!!! :bee: (the original old person who helps Link, and the one who actually gave him weapons, moves, and cool crap!)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Because Sakurai loves the Star Fox series. Heck, he has even mentioned before he would like to MAKE a Star Fox game. Hopefully it would be without Krystal. :troll:

Also, the rivalries/relationships in Star Fox are the simplest to draw upon. Unlike Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, and Fire Emblem where characters occasionally talk, or Donkey Kong, Zelda, MOTHER, and Pokémon (the trainer and a few words by Lucario and Mewtwo aside) where characters never talk, in Star Fox, everyone talks often (and post-Star Fox 64 everyone talks TOO OFTEN!).

Plus unlike the other franchises with a character that talks, this series has all the characters talk, and multiple playable characters. Sonic and Snake may talk, but they have no one else in their universe to talk to. Consequently, the Pokémon Trainer talks sometimes, but Jigglypuff and Pikachu don't talk back (aside from being narcissistic and saying their names over and over again), and Lucario rarely speaks.
Well. that explains the way he *******ized kid Icarus

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Now that I've started playing Melee a lot, I noticed... Mewtwo has an old man voice when you Star KO him. :laugh:
Please Sakurai, if... no... WHEN Mewtwo makes it in Sm4sh, please don't change this. :awesome:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Yep, just look at that physique...

A true ninja master in the league of sheik

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To change this dreadfully old conversation, which I'm sure no one wants to hear yet again, let's talk about something else.

Character Entrances onto the stage. What do you guys think some potential newcomers would do?

Example: Muddy Mole pops out of the ground and waves at the screen.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Four new characters:

Luke Skywalker

Darth Vader

Han Solo

Boba Fett
My main will be binks.

I personally think Cole from inFamous would be a really cool character, he's going to be in some other game though so maybe Drake from Uncharted instead? Elena Fisher would be really great too.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well. that explains the way he *******ized kid Icarus
"THE FIGHT IS ON!!!" :pitbrawl:
Now that I've started playing Melee a lot, I noticed... Mewtwo has an old man voice when you Star KO him. :laugh:
Please Sakurai, if... no... WHEN Mewtwo makes it in Sm4sh, please don't change this. :awesome:
Nah, make his English voice as awesome as his Japanese (Melee) voice. Seriously, go look it up. It is AMAZING!!!

Random note: Did you know the Ice Climbers are hands down the best characters with items turned on in Melee=??? They can do INCREDIBLE combos with various items, especially sword-like weapons that you can hit with and throw! :awesome:

Mewtwo is also one of the best with items. They fill up a lot of his offensive weaknesses, both in strength and in range.

Again, eff that ugly old witch hag with saggy t**s, give me OLD MAN, THE ORIGINAL GURU OF THE ZELDA FRANCHISE!!!

(pure smash bros. material right there)

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Character Entrances onto the stage. What do you guys think some potential newcomers would do?
Little Mac could come out with a hoodie on while flashing lights surround him like paparazzi then he takes off the hoodie and bumps his fists together.

Also, I was thinking that it would be hilarious if MewTwo replaced pkmn trainer with his oddly colored pokemon clones. their final smash is him entering the battle.

As for closing comments on the zelda chars topic, 3DS should get SS chars, Wii U should get revamped OoT 3D designs and maybe use 3DS as alt costumes or Impa being a clone. But srsly don't bring it up again if you don't have somehting to add.

D

Deleted member

GREAT FLAMING EYEBROWS!!!
Aku for Sm4sh. He's even got a moveset to use from Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL.
People wanted Deoxys for his shapeshiftiness, Aku would be even better.
Especially since he's THE MASTER OF MASTERS, THE DELIVERER OF DARKNESS, THE SHOGUN OF SORROW!

JK. Though Aku would be pretty sweet.

Anyways, here's my updated Roster. It has less Krystal and more Little Mac.
Like the other, there is a Rockman version as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom