• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If I still had flash, it would be very simple to make something like this

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
oh mah gawd... you just called smash bros stages maps... what the hell are you doing john? never do that again. it's not call of duty, they are stages, not maps.

but in all seriousness, oasis, how strong is your computer? i want to know if you're willing to get the "shop of photos" for a "five finger discount" by using the viking's "special offerings to the guild of humans", if you get my drift.

For all them Mewtwo fanboys who think he should be like one of the heaviest characters in the game

Sakurai : ***** PLEASE. I DON'T GIVE A **** *Insert face here*

*Makes Mewtwo lighter than Jigglypuff*

Yo

Anyone saw the SFxT Megaman trailer? I'm I the only one here that actually thought that Megaman was badass despite the number of doughnuts he ate?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
^ Yeah, we saw him

So.. Think smash4 will have DLC? Nintendo did put it in the 3DS so that game can get DLC chars too.

That can also mean more stages and stuff..

Also means patching can happen.
Yeah, I'm thinking so

As for DLC, I wouldn't rule out paid DLC. Of course, I'm not expecting crap like these crappy Call of Duty games where they charge 10 bucks for 3 garbage maps. Rather, I could maybe see like 10 bucks for like 4 new playable characters or 5 maps. Those prices seem fair to me. Heck, I'd pork out money for any and all past smash bros stages (even the ones I don't like) just because I love all things smash (and I don't mind forking out some dough for some quality smash bros DLC). :cool:
MW3 actually changed that model, at least for premium Elite members

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Idea ish thing. Mario transforms to paper Mario using final smash. After Mario does the fire part of Mario finale, he does a little victory dance... And a twamp falls from the sky onto him. Then the tromp disappears, and we now have paper Mario. Paper Mario becomes normal Mario by using his 2d - 3d ability for his final smash.

:phone:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd rather have Paper Mario have his own slot. And unless they can change into eachother using Taunts(like ZSS should be able to change back into regular Samus outside of the Final Smash), it'll become annoying as is.

Not to mention, Paper Mario reps a completely different set of games that regular Mario does not. There's barely one rpg influence with the Mario Finale, being Super Mario RPG. And that's generally questionable, as it could also be a Fire Flower at maximum power.

Paper Mario reps the rpg games(and his own series) much better. Just like Dr. Mario repped both puzzle games and his own series better than Mario would have. Albeit, he played almost exactly like Mario, so he's best off as a costume at this point.(even if that won't happen) Paper Mario, however, doesn't even use the exact same skills as Mario, or even has the same body design. In fact, if anything, he's closer to Mr. Game & Watch with a Mario flavoring.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Y'know, a Final Smash that pulls everyone into an otherwise unreachable stage like its another realm would be interesting. Of course, the stage should work very well with the character that the final smash belongs to.

D

Deleted member

What happened to Shortiecanbrawl's poll? Did it just get deleted?

I checked yesterday and today and it's nowhere in sight

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
A WHILE ago, someone came up with a Kamek moveset that was pretty unique. I liked the idea overall, but I thought the final Smash wasn't that interesting so I just thought of this:

For Kamek's Final Smash, everyone gets encased in an individual bubble and floats slowly upward for 15 seconds. During your time in the bubble, your damage% increases; it gets more painful for the last 5 seconds, and when time runs out, so does the Final Smash. Kamek's Toadies appear and carry the bubbled players off the screen vertically; this marks the end of the Final Smash and a loss of lives.

Its VERY wise to pop out of the bubble before the time is up, otherwise you'll be unable to escape and you'll lose a life. Everyone gets sealed in a bubble, no matter what, but luckily it is escapable (for 15 seconds atleast), however you'll take damage during your time inside. Remember, once the timer hits 5, the damage will start to rise dramatically. ALSO, the bubbles slow travel allow Kamek to hurt them to increase its effectiveness, but they'll eventually float above his reach. OH, and a significant amount of force will pop the bubble, essentially aiding their escape.

I'm aware of Kamek's likelihood, so how bout we put that aside and talk about the idea. Thoughts?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
A WHILE ago, someone came up with a Kamek moveset that was pretty unique. I liked the idea overall, but I thought the final Smash wasn't that interesting so I just thought of this:

For Kamek's Final Smash, everyone gets encased in an individual bubble and floats slowly upward for 15 seconds. During your time in the bubble, your damage% increases; it gets more painful for the last 5 seconds, and when time runs out, so does the Final Smash. Kamek's Toadies appear and carry the bubbled players off the screen vertically; this marks the end of the Final Smash and a loss of lives.

Its VERY wise to pop out of the bubble before the time is up, otherwise you'll be unable to escape and you'll lose a life. Everyone gets sealed in a bubble, no matter what, but luckily it is escapable (for 15 seconds atleast), however you'll take damage during your time inside. Remember, once the timer hits 5, the damage will start to rise dramatically. ALSO, the bubbles slow travel allow Kamek to hurt them to increase its effectiveness, but they'll eventually float above his reach.

I'm aware of Kamek's likelihood, so how bout we put that aside and talk about the idea. Thoughts?
The idea of Kamek being playable... Bleh. As for your FS, if the timer was at 12-10 instead of 15, it'd be ok*

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Here's that Kamek idea I read a while back. Ignore the part where Toad, Bowser Jr., etc are mentioned.

[COLLAPSE="Quote"]
I wanted to bring some awareness for possibly one of the most underrated characters I know of.

~~ Kamek ~~

With more appearances than Bowser Jr., with the long-running status of Toad, Kamek matches the pro's of each and excels. Kamek is arguably the BEST choice for a new expanded Mario series.

Kamek is the right-hand to the King Koopa, Bowser. He is also the main villain of the Yoshi series, having a knack for kidnapping the Baby Mario Bros.

Why Kamek is more deserving than....
Bowser Junior:

• Bowser Jr. was the main villain in only one game. Kamek has been in two-plus games.
  • When not a main villain, Bowser Jr. is only a support villain, and Kamek has done this more than twice as many times.

Toad:

• Kamek is one of the few remaining long-running Mario characters, like Toad. However, Toad is rarely important to the plot and is more of a faceless device used for stores, background, etc.
  • Kamek is a more direct storyline character, often the instigator, antagonist, or etc.

Waluigi:

• Kamek is also regularly featured in spin-off titles. Whether he is part of Mario Party as a orb or square.

While he would likely be a new Yoshi series rep, he should be considered one of the potential new characters! He has all the arbitrary parameters we put out for the characters. He's the perfect middle ground between all of them.

Moveset

I wanted to make the most of Kamek as a spellcaster, as such, most of his specials cause effects, and not so much damage.

• Special Neutral: Koopa Kast-Off- This is based on the Yoshi's Island series. Kamek sends out a large bubble. This bubble is very slow, and drifts fowards and upwards before popping. Any enemies that are caught by the bubble are lifted one Bowser off the ground, then put into a helpless state.

• Side Special: Duplikoopa- Kamek winds up his staff and sends out copies of himself. If it hits an enemy it does moderate damage, but if it does not hit any enemies, it is a long-range movement ability.

• Up Special: Magikoopa Kruise- Kamek flicks his staff, which causes a poof and reveals Kamek riding on his broom. While on his broom, he can move 360 degrees and quite quickly. However, once it's over, he falls off the broom and into a helpless state.

• Down Special: Farsight- After looking into his Crystal ball, Kamek gains extraordinary insight into any nearby enemies. Nearby enemies are now put into slow motion.

• Final Smash
Other Details:

• Kamek's Neutral attack is a constant stream of geometrical magic. It does less damage over time though.
  • Lightweight character.
  • Kameks attacks are mostly wide-ranging splash damage attacks.

---

Any thoughts?
[/COLLAPSE]
@Asage: I wasn't really envisioning him on a broom if he was playable in Smash. I was picturing the way in which Magikoopas appear in the Galaxy games. Floating slightly off the ground like Mewtwo would be nice. Plus, in Barbasol's idea, the broom only appears for UpB purposes.

LET IT BE KNOWN THAT I'M NOT TRYING TO BUILD SUPPORT FOR KAMEK. I saw an idea, thought it was cool, and decided to expand on it.

EDIT: For my Final Smash idea for Kamek, the timer will appear on the upper right corner, just like in Yoshi's Island when Baby Mario's in trouble.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why not go a step further and do like SFxTK and have special intros for teams as well?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Why not go 2 steps further and do like brawl and have special victory poses/taunts for all rivals not just starfox

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
oh mah gawd... you just called smash bros stages maps... what the hell are you doing john? never do that again. it's not call of duty, they are stages, not maps.
Maps, stages, same thing, lol! :laugh: Regardless, they are locations you play on.
You smell him?
You just jealous I smell like a clean baybeh.
MW3 actually changed that model, at least for premium Elite members
Oh great, more small feces (because crap is too good of a word) to pay Capcom a minor profit for! :laugh:
Why not go 2 steps further and do like brawl and have special victory poses/taunts for all rivals not just starfox
I like this disfunkshunal bro. He's a pro yo.. although I think the introductions should be kept short. The Street Fighter and Soul Calibur intros tend to be too long. :urg:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I always wondered why Starfox was the only one who got that treatment.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Because Sakurai loves the Star Fox series. Heck, he has even mentioned before he would like to MAKE a Star Fox game. Hopefully it would be without Krystal. :troll:

Also, the rivalries/relationships in Star Fox are the simplest to draw upon. Unlike Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, and Fire Emblem where characters occasionally talk, or Donkey Kong, Zelda, MOTHER, and Pokémon (the trainer and a few words by Lucario and Mewtwo aside) where characters never talk, in Star Fox, everyone talks often (and post-Star Fox 64 everyone talks TOO OFTEN!).

Plus unlike the other franchises with a character that talks, this series has all the characters talk, and multiple playable characters. Sonic and Snake may talk, but they have no one else in their universe to talk to. Consequently, the Pokémon Trainer talks sometimes, but Jigglypuff and Pikachu don't talk back (aside from being narcissistic and saying their names over and over again), and Lucario rarely speaks.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I should play some Star Fox! Yeah!

Also, not really looking forward to SSB4.

I remember seeing SmashChu saying that the community will die because we don't want to change our game.

So I think we should at least try to huddle up and not change together. : ]

We can't die if we don't let it die.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Wait a minute. SmashChu said the community will die if we don't want the game changed? Last I checked, it was the community's attitude that needs to be changed (and I admit, it does), but I can't recall SmashChu ever wanting to change the game based on his flawed logic and that the game should be made easier.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No I mean that we want to have a similar game and not want to move on to newer ones, which make sense because the earlier ones were pretty good.

I agreed with it.

Yeah the community's attitude may need improving, but we do have kids on too. Maybe when Smash gets a biitt more older maybe that will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom