• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
<- Hot Purple. :awesome:

Anyway, DK Assist Trophies? Animal Buddies. 'Nuff said.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
She gets a new one. That's beyond easy to do anyway.

I mean, come on, is it really that hard to find a staff with magical properties in a vast universe?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
on the subject of animal buddies, i think it would be better to have them come out of boxed crates... randomly... not assist trophies.

D

Deleted member

*picks up a staff with magical properties out of nowhere*
*hides it*
Yes. Yes it is. *shifts eyes*

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Cranky Kong would still make the best assist trophy, as he could do virtually everything. Complain, throw potions, give people stuff, mess with your directions (left is up, up is down, etc), he could make you big, slow, fat, skinny, give you items, weapons, create enemies, teach you stuff... Cranky Kong could do ANYTHING!!!

@ disfunkshunal
Okay creepy monkey pedo bear. ;)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
CRANKY KONG. Otherwise known as Mr. Resetti #2.
There's 3 contenders for that position see: There's Resetti himself, there's cranky, and then there's Pofessor Oak, who will come lecture about one pokemon or another. It'd actually be fun if he did that, you could learn meaningless facts about Charmander's tail or Tepig's snout or Salamence's weight to wing power ratio. I dunno..... Something like that.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Johnknight1 was too cool to get pranked.
*now realizes this sets Johnknight1 to get pranked*
which was the plan all along...
:troll:

But yeah, more Donkey Kong assist trophies = YOU'RE WINNER!!!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
There's 3 contenders for that position see: There's Resetti himself, there's cranky, and then there's Pofessor Oak, who will come lecture about one pokemon or another. It'd actually be fun if he did that, you could learn meaningless facts about Charmander's tail or Tepig's snout or Salamence's weight to wing power ratio. I dunno..... Something like that.
Don't forget Pascal, Moe, and Goombella :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Back on to actual discussion about an actual subject...

What is all of you guys' most wanted assist trophy character(s)=???
Mine are:
1. Waluigi
2. Tingle
3. Impa
4. Ghirahim
... in order to kill all of those fanbases' hopes so they can stop annoying me! :troll:

No really...
1. Cranky Kong
2. Rush
3. Revolver Ocelot
4. Metal Gear RAY
5. Wart
6. Black Shadow
7. Peppy Hare ("DO A BARREL ROLL!!!")
8. The Masked Man
9. The Frog Wind gods from The Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker
10. Lanky Kong (because he is funny...ish...)
11. Old Man (gives you weapons and cryptic advice you don't need)

yani

Smash Lord
Hmm AT's?
Cranky Kong
Mallow (If Geno were to get in :glare:)
Bowser Jr.
Birdo
Impa (serious)
Black Shadow
Ghosts from Luigi's Mansion
Klubba

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Man sw, you've been on here for just over half the time i've been around and you're already almost up to me in terms of posts. I'm scared! :-P

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
New Star Fox game?

Well I bet Shortie's going to be the one who's going to have the most hype for that.
Nope, that'll be me. I've always been a fan of Starfox since I was seven.

She can't use her staff anymore since it got blown up along with the Great Fox.
The staff was never mentioned in Assault at all. For all we know, Krystal took that thing everywhere with her and we never saw it. Hammerspace is amazing at hiding things.

D

Deleted member

Luco pointed me here (I'm bored and Tumblr is being slow), so posting and stuff.

on-topic: when was the Kid Icarus planned for release?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
last year... like november i believe... no wait... wasn't it supposed to be launch?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Anyways, I think we will get some information at E3 2012 involving Smash Bros. Will it be a trailer=??? Not unless it is under 30 seconds!

Honestly, I think we will get a "sneak peak" trailer at Nintendo World in 2012 (if we have one, which is usually is in September, October, or November; we got the 2nd Brawl trailer there [the one with Fox]). I think at most we will see 2 newcomers, or 10 veterans (maybe 8 veterans, 2 newcomers). After that, I see us getting the first "real reveal" trailer at E3 2013 or somewhere around there.

And then we'll probably start getting daily/maybe once every three days dojo updates.

I've been warning that we probably won't get much (if anything) involving smash bros at E3 2012. I think given the current Kid Icarus circumstances, I am not changing my mind/opinion on that at all. :cool:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
When a user buys a premie membership they get the ability to prank 2 other users once a month iirc. If you're pranked you get a fuchisa name and your user title is changed to "pranked".

The DR is the disco room, luco. Think of it as the VIP lounge.

Most wanted ATs?
-mallo
-animal buddies
-kk slider
-Matthew
-team rocket (they wouldn't be pokeball Pokemon, sooooo yea)
-pico

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So.. Think smash4 will have DLC? Nintendo did put it in the 3DS so that game can get DLC chars too.

That can also mean more stages and stuff..

Also means patching can happen.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
patching can happen without DLC. all you need is a networking infrastructure with the game company, which we will get in the form of The Nintendo Network. If we get DLC, it will NOT be paid DLC, neither will it be new characters.

disclaimer: my definition of DLC is different.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So.. Think smash4 will have DLC? Nintendo did put it in the 3DS so that game can get DLC chars too.

That can also mean more stages and stuff..

Also means patching can happen.
Patches could happen in Brawl, but Nintendo chose not to patch the game. They probably didn't have an online update crew hired to fix their first/second party games.

If there is patches in these upcoming smash bros games, I only expect it to cover basic stuff. Like glitches that make the game unplayable (think freezes) or broken (think Meta Knight's infinite down B glitch), slowdowns in frame rates (like when playing multiplayer on Mute City, Big Blue, or Fountain of Dreams in Melee, or after hitting a Shy Guy on Yoshi's Story in Melee), and things like that.

Oh, and super broken (whether broken as in too strong or too weak) character attacks, options, and things like that. Like maybe Snake's hitboxes in Brawl (where he can kick you even if his leg appears about a foot or two away), or Mewtwo's hitboxes in Melee (his tail can go right through you, but sometimes it won't hurt you due to poor hitbox programming). Oh and the Jigglypuff final smash glitch (where it is frozen big) or the Landmaster glitch (where it falls through a much smaller hole). Maybe even (hopefully) Ness and Lucas' hitstun and how easy it is to chain grab them all day in Brawl. (imagine them not being so vulnerable!)

Of course, hopefully these patches come with an option to turn them off (offline) like with BlazBlue. Sometimes using these glitches is fun, ya' know=??? :awesome:

As for DLC, I wouldn't rule out paid DLC. Of course, I'm not expecting crap like these crappy Call of Duty games where they charge 10 bucks for 3 garbage maps. Rather, I could maybe see like 10 bucks for like 4 new playable characters or 5 maps. Those prices seem fair to me. Heck, I'd pork out money for any and all past smash bros stages (even the ones I don't like) just because I love all things smash (and I don't mind forking out some dough for some quality smash bros DLC). :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom