• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
UNLESS MY MEMORY IS OFF, When Sakurai made the demo for Smash Bros. to get the green light to--

Way to steal my thunder, Pichu. U3U

D

Deleted member

Really? That's....quite strange to me, actually. I'd expect at least Kirby to be one of the first...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Does Sakurai at all care about the proper Nintendo-representation we fans want...?

Toon Sheik, clones, occassional retros, WTFers...

Star might be right. SSB isn't that much of a true allstar? Just the mainstream of Nintendo duking out...

:phone:

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Think that might be it. I heard somewhere that Sakurai originally didn't want to even INCLUDE Kirby due to modesty.
I think you mean that he didn't originally include DeDeDe and meta knight in meele and original due to modesty. Then he thought brawl would be the last smash so he added both of his babies.

D

Deleted member

Nah, Dedede was cut from 64 for other reasons, like Bowser and Mewtwo.
Melee might have been for modesty, though.

EDIT: How likely do you guys think Captain Syrup is? Do you think that Wario is going to remain alone again?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Doesnt sakurai hate wario land? insert quotation here

No, that's just some assumption someone came up with due to the lack of Wario Land content in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

It's dumb though too that he makes Kirby suck on purpose. Crappy FS, easy to kill, and just is way too easy to predict.
(-l_i-)

Yes, because CLEARLY he'd go out of his way to make one of his own creations purposely bad for the sake of modesty.

While giving another a chaingrab, and making the last one broken.

EDIT: The point is, he doesn't deliberately make a character good or bad. Except Pichu. He was made deliberately bad for the sake of being a joke character.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I am well aware of what Mac CAN do (I own the Wii game, and I find it to be very enjoyable), and I know that it wouldn't be farfetched for him to borrow his opponent's techniques (except for some, like Great Tiger...), but does Sakurai?
I'm pretty sure at one point or another Sakurai has played Punch-Out. Really, even if his moveset is "all punches," at least there are tons of different punches, and there could be several specials. Heck, you could see that Sakurai knew what he was doing with Little Mac when he was an Assist Trophy character.
The fact that Sakurai didn't know about Krystal before Brawl, though gives me ammunition to get rid of her. But...who was it that said that Sakurai showed interest after he knew about her....?
Probably some liar. I haven't seen what you are talking about (aside from the stuff about Sakurai not knowing who Krystal was). Then there's what Kuma is saying, which I have seen.

Also, Sakurai has stated he didn't care for Wario Land too much, so I would doubt we would see Captain Syrup. Plus I dunno, Wario seems like the only character needed from either of his series as a playable characters.

I do think, however, that Issac, Little Mac, Saki, Paletuna, a retro character, Toad/Bowser Jr/Paper Mario (whichever isn't on your roster), a Pokémon (Meowth/Lucario/Jirachi/whatever), Roy/Chrome, or maybe another third party character (Tails/Pac-Man) should replace Krystal... definitely! I just... don't see Krystal happening guys...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My revised SSB4 roster/wishlist... now with moar Bara Man and Pac-Man. :awesome:

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
You mean pit will suck, palutena will have a chain grab, and medusa and her side boob will be top tier #1 BROKEN

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pit will most likely keep his Brawl moveset... maybe with a new Final Smash.... while Palutena gets Pit's old Final Smash (it is called Palutena's Army for a reason) and borrows Pit's new weapons from Uprising for her moveset.

And yes, Palutena and Medusa for God-tier. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure at one point or another Sakurai has played Punch-Out. Really, even if his moveset is "all punches," at least there are tons of different punches, and there could be several specials. Heck, you could see that Sakurai knew what he was doing with Little Mac when he was an Assist Trophy character.

Probably some liar. I haven't seen what you are talking about (aside from the stuff about Sakurai not knowing who Krystal was). Then there's what Kuma is saying, which I have seen.

Also, Sakurai has stated he didn't care for Wario Land too much, so I would doubt we would see Captain Syrup. Plus I dunno, Wario seems like the only character needed from either of his series as a playable characters.

I do think, however, that Issac, Little Mac, Saki, Paletuna, a retro character, Toad/Bowser Jr/Paper Mario (whichever isn't on your roster), a Pokémon (Meowth/Lucario/Jirachi/whatever), Roy/Chrome, or maybe another third party character (Tails/Pac-Man) should replace Krystal... definitely! I just... don't see Krystal happening guys...
You may be right. If Sakurai has played Punch-Out, then he might see through his eyes what we can see about Mac. As soon as my Roster guy is available, I'll tell him to replace Krystal for Mac.

Now that I think about it, I think it was Kuma that I heard it from.

That's where Sakurai and I disagree. I am very fond of the Wario Land titles....

Again, I said it had to be someone to fit within the row. Otherwise, my whole Roster will need a revamp. So Mac it is.

D

Deleted member

@Pichu fan: Exactly. Medusa sideboob will be Top Tier for sure.

@Horsetail: Mega Man will. How can he not be?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Arcadenik
I hope that is a joke roster.

On a side note, with all this Impa hype, every time someone mentions her name I'ma gonna say "Old Man for SMASH!!!"

Seriously, he guides Link in the first two Zelda games, teaching him stuff (including Link's smash bros up air and down air), selling him stuff, and giving him all kinds of cool weapons and hints. Who helps Link in A Link to the Past=??? Some old sage guy. Who helps Link in the Wind Waker=??? The King of Red Lions, who is a (:very) old man! :laugh:

OLD MAN FOR THE WINNNN!!!!!!

D

Deleted member

Yes. Yes I do.

@JohnKnight: Link's Uncle is better. He was actually on the Melee poll.

And he has a sweet "moostache". (Trying to sound like Mung Daal, but probably failing...)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You may be right. If Sakurai has played Punch-Out, then he might see through his eyes what we can see about Mac. As soon as my Roster guy is available, I'll tell him to replace Krystal for Mac.

Now that I think about it, I think it was Kuma that I heard it from.
What Kuma said was right (I remember reading it). However, if Sakurai says something like Krystal would make a better character than Slippy or Peppy, then it wouldn't surprise me-because it would be true.
That's where Sakurai and I disagree. I am very fond of the Wario Land titles....
As am I. Personally, I think a Wario Land stage would be great. I don't like Captain Syrup enough to want her, though.
Again, I said it had to be someone to fit within the row. Otherwise, my whole Roster will need a revamp. So Mac it is.
Include Cranky Kong instead for the WINNN!!!!!!
@JohnKnight: Link's Uncle is better. He was actually on the Melee poll.
And the Brawl mention poll thingy, too. But again, Link's Uncle in A Link to the Past... IS AN OLD MAN!
Link's grandfather in the Minish Cap... IS AN OLD MAN!
OLD MEN WIN BABY!!! OLD MAN FOR SMASH!!!!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Bara Man, as I like to call Bad Box Art Mega Man (aka the REAL Mega Man), is pure awesome. That's why. :smirk:

D

Deleted member

And like Zelda, Ganondorf needs a transformation. But not Ganon...that's FS.
I'm talking Agahnim. Ganondorf is the burly brawler, Agahnim is the tactical magic user. Two opposites. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom