• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If Capcom keeps this up, the Mega Man fanbase might end up rivaling the likes of the Sonic fanbase in terms of nerd rage and insanity. :troll:

:phone:
Actually the fanbase is divided on this. Some hate, some love. It was also revealed that BBA Mega Man was used because Inafune suggested him.

The whole MM is dead is blown out of proportion, not every MM game was cancelled (Rockman Online) and there is still a heck of a lot of merchandise that is being sold.

Either way they'll have to beat the Smash fanbase first. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He might still be super vising the bigger name games I think? Who is gonna be president after him?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hmm... anyone notice how Bara Man's pose is essentially identical to Mega Man's jumping-and-shooting-at-the-same-time sprite?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm no Mega Man fan at all, but I did notice that the pose was the same. But again, is that really the new Mega Man..?

Anyone wanna Brawl some within now and an hour???

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm no Mega Man fan at all, but I did notice that the pose was the same. But again, is that really the new Mega Man..?
Bara Man isn't the new Mega Man. He IS Classic Mega Man. :awesome: But seriously though, he's the living parody of North American bad box art of the first Mega Man game on the NES. Rather fitting considering 2012 would be Mega Man's 25th anniversary and this is the first time we get to play as Bad Box Art Mega Man. I still say Capcom needs to make a new Mega Man spin-off game series featuring Bad Box Art versions of Mega Man characters. God, I gotta save up for a PS3 so I can play Street Fighter X Tekken... while Bara Man is the #1 reason for wanting to buy the game, I am also interested in Rolento, Poison, Hugo (I loved Final Fight games), Kuma, Bob, and Pac-Man. The other Street Fighter characters just don't excite me that much because most of them are already playable in Super Street Fighter IV anyway.

D

Deleted member

But again, is that really the new Mega Man..?
Most likely not. If anything, it's probably just for this game.
Though you have to admit, he puts the MAN in Mega Man. :awesome:
Or for all we know, this Mega Man could become a recurring Street Fighter character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Street Fighter x Tekken though? Doesn't sound too bad actually.

Anyone wanna Brawl?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I wish I could but, my online is ****ing up. The connection on my laptop is fine but when I try to connect online there is always an error. -_-

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hmm yeah mines ****ed as well, but it's still worth a try. Wanna see how good y'all are.

For the record, characters I play are Diddy, Donkey Kong, G&W, and a little bit of Ike, Ganondorf, Sheik (lol)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah I remember it, and Falco's bread. I don't remember the rest actually.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Heh... Sm4sh Memes?
Victini:
"Victory." (Shows Victini beating the s*** out of everyone.)
Duck Hunt Dog: "U MAD?" :troll: after it turns out he's one of the unlockable newcomers

Smash-related Advice Duck Hunt Dog macros, too... "Grab Smash Ball. Kill Yourself." http://youtube.com/watch?v=QEXuGLyBykA

Or... if he gets a Rest-like laughing special move (down B) where he laughs and gets shot but if he laughs while overlapping with another character, that character gets shot... "Shoot Yourself. Kill Others."

D

Deleted member

Ridley staring down a crouching Samus: "I'm sorry, did I make you **** your pants again?"

A.k.a.: Samus' PTSD Returns

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Seens how it's quiet round here, I saw this the other day, and here's my analysis on such.

<__> WTF IS THIS PONY ****?

Anyways, on track, I should have info about the PKMN Crossover game's release date comfirmation for the U.S soon ^v^

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Ugly mega man! I thought that was just Internet trash, but THAT'S HOW HE'S ACTUALLY GONNA LOOK IN TEKKEN X SF? AHHHHHHHHH

D

Deleted member

Yes. Mega Man will be Bad Box Art Mega Man, and he will fight like he does in SFXT.

As for Pac-Man, the Mokujin mech can be a FS. :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Ugly mega man! I thought that was just Internet trash, but THAT'S HOW HE'S ACTUALLY GONNA LOOK IN TEKKEN X SF? AHHHHHHHHH

You're joking, right?

This is fantastic! The most hilarious thing ever.

Too bad I won't be getting the game since I don't own any playstation systems.

It might as well be a playstation exclusive, because those characters are playstation exclusive and no way in hell am I going to be ripped off buying any other version

D

Deleted member

I'm really liking the idea of Bara Man for Smash. :awesome: I'd main him for sure!

Mega Man who? :troll:

You don't understand, that IS Mega Man.
He was used in advertisement for localizing Rockman's game. Then he was replaced by Rockman himself in advertisement while he stole Mega Man's name.

Now, after all these years of mistaken identity, unemployment, and too many McDonald's hamburgers, the real Mega Man returns to us in all his yellow and blue gun toting glory! :awesome:

To be blunt; this is his DESTINY!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mega Man's destiny... is to troll the butthurt Rock Man fans.

Bara Man for Smash!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You don't understand, that IS Mega Man.
He was used in advertisement for localizing Rockman's game. Then he was replaced by Rockman himself in advertisement while he stole Mega Man's name.

Now, after all these years of mistaken identity, unemployment, and too many McDonald's hamburgers, the real Mega Man returns to us in all his yellow and blue gun toting glory! :awesome:

To be blunt; this is his DESTINY!
Oh! This makes it even more funny...

He's called Megaman ALSO in the Japanese version? That explains everything, and just adds to the humor

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yes, apparently Bad Box Art Mega Man's name is Mega Man, not Rock Man. They are two different characters now. Capcom still needs to make a new Rock Man spin-off series starring Mega Man and Bad Box Art versions of other Rock Man characters.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wanna see Bad Box Art versions of Dr. Wily, Dr. Light, Proto Man, Roll, Bass, Rush, all the Robot Masters, etc. They are probably not robots, but humans in superhero costumes like Bara Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom