• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Guess he heard about Megaman Legends 3 getting cancelled and decided to pick up drinking. Might explain the belly.
Serious question; would you be OK with him for somewhat of a comic relief (being Bad Box Mega Man)?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Guess he heard about Megaman Legends 3 getting cancelled and decided to pick up drinking. Might explain the belly.
If so, I'd hate to see what happened to Captain Commando. lol

@Disfunk: Sweet.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You guys still want Megaman in Smash Bros?

Apparently this is Capcom's idea of Megaman now...
My god.... they finally did it... they turned Mega Man into a bara! Take my money, Capcom! :awesome:

I want THAT Mega Man in Smash! :troll:

D

Deleted member

<<<<<< Bad Box Mega Man For Smash!

(I'm starting to really like this idea. Still prefer Classic, thought)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
All this talking about a new online system makes me sad I can't even connect to nintendo Wi-Fi on my (friend's) DS. School starts soon, meaning i'll probably be going to my friend's house. He tells me he has nintendo wifi, so I can probably ask my other friend to allow me to lend it to him, which I think he won't mind, mainly because they're friends as well.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Mega Man in a nutshell... >_> Sad.

Anyways, guess what? I just got invited to a Modern Warfare 3 Survival party. See ya'll l8r >:]

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Aww, SSBF beat me to the avatar.

Oh well, I got the X Alt avatar last time, so I'll let you take this one. :p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I sometimes feel as though I'm the only one who has pretty much never changed their avatar. Actually, I did, from my original Lucas pic to the Lucas/Claus one star made for me. Apart from that original change, I doubt i'm going to be changing my avatar anytime soon. :-P

Arcade, looking at your avatar reminds me, there IS a pokemon center (not, literally, as in, more like a shopping mall kind of center) in Japan, isn't there? Is it in Osaka?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't know if this is a big middle finger to Megaman fans, pure trolling from Capcom, or what Capcom views Megaman as now.

D

Deleted member

I don't know if this is a big middle finger to Megaman fans, pure trolling from Capcom, or what Capcom views Megaman as now.
I think it's just pure trolling, not how they view Mega Man or a way to give Mega Man fans a middle finger.

@HyperFalcon: That art was done after the Japanese release, so that can't be it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Whatever this bulls*** is, I don't care. Mega Man Vulnutt is better than all of the Mega Mans, if ye ask me.

BTW, yes, I think Master Cheif would be an awesome character for Sm4sh. I saw this video recently, and it's not Master Cheif, but still shows that Master Cheif has all the possibilities to be in a Party Fighting game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpD8Xup6eqg&feature=related

I heard Pac Man is playable. What the flying hell is he driving?

Also, I'll be here for an hour. Than I'm outsy.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...Just give us a Nintendo Halo game, and yes, he'd be great.

@SSBF: Wasn't it promotional art for Classic MegaMan as is? Also, if it was made during development...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm surprised no one has commented that Pac-Man is riding a Mokujin mecha instead of fighting himself.

Is he that hard to create a moveset for?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Actually if you look on the MM sites, most fans are divided, some love it, some hate it.

I don't think it's a middle finger though. Capcom still cares about MM (such as RM Universe), and IMO I think all of this "trolling" is leading up to something that's going to be really big later this year (it is his 25th).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Who cares? This is the most awesome version of Mega Man I ever saw... I salute you, Ono... you are truly a master of trolling. Capcom needs to make a new Mega Man spin-off series featuring Bad Box Art Mega Man ASAP!

I am going to save up for a PS3 just for Street Fighter X Tekken and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 even though I don't know how to play traditional fighting games.

What I love the most about this manly Mega Man is that he pays homage to the box art of the first Mega Man game... and it is the 25th anniversary of the Mega Man franchise. It is fitting!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think it's trolling for the most part.

If you're gonna get those fighters, let me know. I'll help you with what I can. It'll be hard at first getting to the controls, but when you learn how to control one fighter, the basics are transferred from each fighter to another, just like platformers.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, yeah... and I forgot Super Street Fighter IV and Mortal Kombat (the one with Kratos), God of War games, Prince of Persia games, Batman games, and Castlevania games would be perfect for my future PS3 collection.

I love, love, LOVE this Mega Man incarnation. The best ever! The revelation of Bad Box Art Mega Man is the reason I will buy Street Fighter X Tekken just like how Pokemon Trainer's reveal pushed me to pre-order Brawl. I wonder if Sakurai would top Ono's trolling antics in Smash 4... Duck Hunt Dog for troll character in Smash 4! :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just curious, is Fire Emblem anything like Final Fantasy? If, so, i'd probably get it, mainly because me and my brother are very in to that stuff, and as soon as we saw anything of Fire Emblem, we thought, "That looks cool, it definitely seems like the type of thing we'd like."
Fire Emblem is more basic. You get lots of characters to create your army with, and the main differences are in classes, weapons (especially types) and statistics. You move around of the battle field defeating an army related to the story, most of the type capturing a fort from outside, to capturing thrones inside.

You get lots of different units, and when they get killed, they are gone forever. Main characters death = game over, but you actually mostly want none to die, which is easy with good strategy.

And strategy is cool cause of the weapon triangles. You have 4 main weapons, 3 melee, 1 from a far. Melee weapons are swords, lances / spears and axes. All weapons cancel each other out, swords > axes > lances > swords and effect the amount of damage (slightly) but mostly chance of actually hitting the target.

But avoiding and hitting is done automatically for you, and if your faster you can double attack, and avoid better. Statistics are very important here and there is quite a distinct in how much a character can get stronger. There are quite a lot characters stronger than others, but growth rate effects all. So this game is pretty much luck based as well as strategy.

There are also bows, only used by archers in which you can hit with 1 space away. But there is also magic, which is both ranged and melee (mages can't really take hits though) and healers using healing staffs (can't attack, only on later level).

Sort of classes you have in the game for example:

Lords: the main characters and leaders. Each game has different main characters mostly. Some rock, some are crappy, but you need them story wise.
Cavaliers / Paladins: You usually start with plenty of these guys. High movement, and most of the cool ones are often good. Most games feature them with lances, and swords. Mostly both. Not the greatest max stats, but good all around. In some games there are different sorts of horse riding fighters using all sorts of weapons, but these are most common, and all move the same way. You quite often also have Bow users on horses. Horses are not as mobile in woods though.
Knights / Generals: High defence, low movement, slow and strong. These are your walls you often tale hits for you, and generally hit hard. In most games they have lances. Can take weapons, hate magic.
Mymridons / Swordmasters: use swords, are fast and deadly. Not strong prese, but good with critical attacks and double attacking cause of speed. Lower defences and HP often though.
Mercenary / Hero: More balanced swordmasters, with higher strength lower speed but better defence and HP. Some also use axes at higher level.
Pegasus or Dragon Knights: flying units. Pegasus knights use lances and are often fast, Dragon Knights use axes or lances and are often strong. Both hate arrows, but have high mobility and can reach better places as mountains, and move above water and forests.
Mages / Sages: use magic, and are often a little faster, or at least, you want them to be fast. Deal higher damage to weapon units, cause their resistances suck. Lower damage to magical units. Very weak defences, not to be used on the front line.
Archers: ranged only fighters, use bows, strong against Pegasus and Dragons. Don't miss at much mostly. Faster, lower defence.
Fighters / Bersekers: Axemen who are strong, with lots of HP, ok speeds but can be slow, especially on low level. Defences differ, but can be low. Just hard hitters mostly.
Priests : heal damage with staffs, can't attack. At high level can learn magic. Get killed easy, slow, low defence, low HP.

I like it cause its a game that plays it own, with general good stories. You move the characters on your own, by turn. And its kind of addictive really.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Arcadenik said:
I wonder if Sakurai would top Ono's trolling antics in Smash 4... Duck Hunt Dog for troll character in Smash 4!
I seriously want this to happen and I have a gut feeling it will.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just want an XBox Fighting Party game that's like SSBB... That's all :(

Master Chief, Mason, Sonic, Dr. Richtofen, and others... Ya know, awesome characters facing off each other. I love SSB, but if they made a fighting game with Master Chief, I'd leave SSB in a heartbeat.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
^It's also interesting because chars who die, die and depending on what you do you can get some chars you would normally miss and it gets really ****ing hard at some points. Depending on the game I can say that the story is really awesome too.

Also with the newer games you've got your beast and bird classes...oh God I wanna play Radiant Dawn again.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
This sounds good so far. Is it TBS, or RTS? I can handle either, but is good to know. Or is it like Final Fantasy X-2 onwards, where you an choose either one?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I've become increasingly fond of these two songs, btw. I absolutely love to harmonize. As soon as I hear a song, I immediately jump in to harmony, and thats one of the reasons I really like gaming tunes, because they're soooooo easy to create good harmonies to. In any case, here are the songs:

Still Alive - Portal credits (spoiler if you haven't played, so don't listen if you don't want to)

Now I only want you gone - Portal 2 credits (Same, possible spoiler)

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
This sounds good so far. Is it TBS, or RTS? I can handle either, but is good to know. Or is it like Final Fantasy X-2 onwards, where you an choose either one?
Lets just say there is absolutely no point in the game where you will need to pause to take a break.

TBS.

Basically your party moves, then they get their turn and depending on how the story is going sometimes an ally party will go and if you reach the ally party you can sometimes take control of them completely or at least give them an objective.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yep, yep, I see. Hmm. I'll let my brother know about it, i think he'll be interested.

But, shortie, you can't leave! I still need a rost- forget it. :glare:

a_fartn_Spartan

Smash Cadet
This is the v2 of my roster. Let's see if this works...

It's a bit sloppy, but I don't think that matters that much. Credit to Mario_and_Sonic_Guy for most of the pics.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I love THIS Mega Man. Epic win on Ono's part and a collective epic fail on the butthurt Mega Man fanboys. :troll:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
it's creative...
i would like to know something, what do the Japanese think of this? how much of them know of our american bad box art of the original megaman game? There are fans of megaman all over the world, not just america. so why did ono decide to use the infamous bad box art megaman incarnation? clearly, because of how outspoken the americans are in regards to the things that have been happening as of late with CAPCOM. (i.e. DmC dante, Resident evil not being survival horror anymore, megaman game cancellations, MvC3... UMvC3..., dlc aplenty) now i don't know what kinds of voices have pleaded with CAPCOM from the japanese, but if i had to guess, americans are twice as vocal and twice as vicious.

with all things considered, CAPCOM is most likely making a comedic based RockMan game called MegaMan even in japan where the norm would be to call him RockMan. Ono's representation of BBAMM is likely the first stage in CAPCOM's goal to a new megaman game series spinoff. this stage would be to introduce this version to the japanese (my speculation... take it with a silo of salt)... and make fun of american fans at the same time... a twofer.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I do not know how much this matters, but I just found out Kirby's Return to Dreamland did really REALLY well globally. I'm actually shocked. Definitely think this means we will be seeing two new Kirby stages in the next game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I do not know how much this matters, but I just found out Kirby's Return to Dreamland did really REALLY well globally. I'm actually shocked. Definitely think this means we will be seeing two new Kirby stages in the next game.
Yes... hopefully one stage from Kirby's Epic Yarn and one stage from Kirby's Return to Dream Land.... NOT two stages from Kirby's Return to Dream Land. I like the differences in art styles. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom