• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@John
I'm confused as to how you ended up getting Brawl in an online translation. I only see Dairantou Smash Bros. which is the name of the series in Japan. Brawl is also called X in Japan which just raises more questions.
That's the part that confuses me, too. I see a Japanese letter (or whatever they call their letters) in the right place that looks like an "X," but it is not the Smash Bros. "X."

Also, Sakurai got Biohazard (which is called "Resident Evil" outside of Japan): Revelations.
That's why I'm starting to already feel nervous. When was the Pokmon leak done?
About 6 months before the game was leaked, or about a few weeks before the big real leak that was 100% correct. Don't be too nervous. Plus at least we get to know early... maybe... ;) There will be a spoiler-free zone on the smashboards like in Brawl, though! ;)

Also, here is an interesting Sakurai re-tweet:
Masahiro Sakurai said:
懐かしい… RT @aki_takano: @Sora_Sakurai はじめまして、こんばんは。本棚からこのような物が出てきました。アンコールで、レインボークルーズのステージ曲が演奏され、会場中で手拍子をした楽しい思い出が蘇りました♪
which Google Translate translates in English as...
Masahiro Sakurai said:
Nostalgia ... RT @ aki_takano: @ Hajimema****e Sora_Sakurai, good evening. Came out from the shelf like this. For the encore, the song being played Rainbow Cruise stage, ♪ pleasant memories were revived in the hall clapping
By the way I cut out the link on that tweet, which is right here. ;)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
And the Google Translate Translation says...

I'm not really sure what the last part means. I get that there are two parts of smash bros means, but mentioning "two models of Wii U "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" sounds odd. Especially the part about BRAWL in there. What are we getting two Brawl's=???

Perhaps an actual translation from someone who writes and reads in Japanese and English is needed (or Japanese to any language).

By the way if you have a Twitter account, here is a link to Sakurai's twitter account. ;) My twitter handle is JohnWatson91 by the way. ;)
He is just tricking everyone. There is nothing significant.

I'm not afraid of being buried alive in a box though, nor do I have destructive relationships with men. Fear of driving is another thing though, I cannot drive.

Sup with the Twitter though??

Are they confirming Palutena..? Or what is it?

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
HyperFalcon, I mean going to the PC, as in actual computer to type out my answer :laugh:

Also, I doubt Impa will use a knife, as Sakurai blasted of that idea for Snake. It was seemingly too violent.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think people would prefer to have a character in as a clone then not at all.

And there's evidence to show that Sakurai likes them for the character itself. Young Link was added in Melee because he felt having Two Links would be important, meaning that he is of the opinion that two Links should be in Smash.
I think people need to sort out their priorities, or at least Sakurai should consider alt. models to shut people up.

I'm ok with liking a character for themselves, but I don't like it when they add nothing new that someone else can't do. Remember, Sakurai's criteria isn't about who's popular or who people would want to play. They have to have something that only they can do, and he hasn't kept his word well on a few characters (Lucas, Falco, Wolf, Toon Link, Ganondorf). Young Link being in makes sense and I agree with the reason, but that doesn't excuse the "cloneness" he has in Brawl.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@golden
A couple things:
1) I forgot she was in the reveal trailer
Regardless of how she ended up sharing a spot, she needs to have her own in the next game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
HyperFalcon, I mean going to the PC, as in actual computer to type out my answer :laugh:

Also, I doubt Impa will use a knife, as Sakurai blasted of that idea for Snake. It was seemingly too violent.

Because Snake uses his knife to cut people's throats. Impa never used her knife, so it would just be a smaller sword, with less range and perhaps quicker and more powerful. Almost like Pichu. :p

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That's why I'm starting to already feel nervous. When was the Pokmon leak done?
The leakers that were truthful did not start happening until the second half of 2007. By then Brawl was mostly complete, and probably in the debugging phase.

I am not expecting any leaks this early, so we will probably not know anything about what the newcomer Pokemon for Smash 4 are until the second half of 2014 at the earliest.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Here's the best Japanese quote translation ever! :awesome:
Masahiro Sakurai said:
雪+雷。珍しいなー。
which comes out as...
Masahiro Sakurai said:
Thunder + snow. I rare.
Best quote translation ever! :laugh:
Sakurai also linked this funny "Valentines" picture (I'm putting a collapse tag on it to make this post short)...

@ ChronoBound
Again, I expect some legitimate leaks about 2 to 6 months in advanced, plus maybe a few "accidental" ones like what happened with Jigglypuff (via a Shigeru Miyamoto interview -reMelee, and David Hayter pre-Brawl) and the accidental Ness/Jigglypuff/Lucario leak from Nintendo sticker videos! :laugh:

D

Deleted member

@golden
A couple things:
1) I forgot she was in the reveal trailer
Regardless of how she ended up sharing a spot, she needs to have her own in the next game.

For what reason, exactly? Why does she "need" to be seperated?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You guys still want Megaman in Smash Bros?

Apparently this is Capcom's idea of Megaman now...

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
LMAO

He really is the man now, he also needs to shave...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I was just about to post that.

I am still of the opinion that if there is only ONE newcomer unveiled at E3 2012 (and I am not expecting a E3 2012 reveal), it will be Mega Man.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This will now be the new future of Megaman. It is Capcom's secret game reveal for the 25th Anniversary of Megaman.

"MegaMAN - More Mega, and more Man"

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well I'm now going a break later tonight to dust off my old MM1 cart. lol

On a side note though, I hope MM sounds like this in-game. Either that or like the Terminator.

EDIT: Never mind there's a trailer. :p

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This will now be the new future of Megaman. It is Capcom's secret game reveal for the 25th Anniversary of Megaman.

"MegaMAN - More Mega, and more Man"
I still feel that announcing that Mega Man will be a playable character in Smash 4 would be the perfect way to celebrate the 25th anniversary.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If that's the new Mega Man, I really don't want him... Sorry.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I offically want BBA Mega Man to get his own spin-off. And did I see him using RM powers in the trailer? :)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Also, it is worth noting that it sounds like Ono is working on a Wii U version of SFxT currently. Which might mean we get an exclusive Nintendo character in that game like with Megaman and Pacman for the PS3/Vita.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Young Zelda /Impa instead of Toon Zelda/tetra. I actually think that would be pretty good, but I think other characters outprioratize that. (tingle,ghirahim,vaati,)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's a different topic. Does anyone think Zamus and Samus should be separated into their own slots? They might as well be since the only way to switch with them is through the final smash and it's arguably worse than the Zelda/Sheik transformation.
Personally, I think Zero Suit Samus should stay as Samus's transformation. Besides, in Brawl, you only have to press a certain button, depending on your controller, to start a match as Zero Suit Samus.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If we get a Wii U version with Falcon at E3, I can live with getting no infomation on Smash.

As a side note though, I like what they did with the background in that MM pic, it certainly gives me the chills to think of what they could do with a MM stage in Smash.

EDIT: Turns out that this may actually be a middle aged Volnutt. lol

Mega Man
Middle Aged Hero!

Known as a Digger, a person who digs up relics from the past for research. He is a hot-tempered man, but has a strong sense of justice and is also very polite. His weak point is that he is easily rattled when backed into a corner. He is always running around in a hurry due to the demands of his partner Roll, and this time he’s been asked to travel to Antarctica to retrieve a mysterious box.

D

Deleted member

You guys still want Megaman in Smash Bros?

Apparently this is Capcom's idea of Megaman now...
Pretty damn funny.

Honestly, if he was in for comic relief by Capcom, I wouldn't mind. Those who have followed Lupinko knew this was going to happen anyway.

@ChronoBound: Not sure why you think people would doubt Mega Man in Smash because of that?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Out of curiosity, I want you guys to mention which series do you guys play on a normal basis. By this, I mean that you have most of the main titles. Here are mine:

Mario, Zelda, Pokemon (Gen 1 and 3, some 4), Metroid, Starfox, Pikmin (just Pikmin 2), Sin and Punishment (just the first 1 for now). I've played games from Donkey Kong, Punch-Out, Earthbound, Kirby, and some others, but I don't have all the recent games from them. Not into Fire Emblem or Advanced Wars.
Just curious, is Fire Emblem anything like Final Fantasy? If, so, i'd probably get it, mainly because me and my brother are very in to that stuff, and as soon as we saw anything of Fire Emblem, we thought, "That looks cool, it definitely seems like the type of thing we'd like."

As for me, Mario, DK, Zelda, Yoshi, smash ( ;) ), Pokemon, Pikmin, Starfox, a bunch of other, smaller franchises, such as Secret of Evermore, Donald Duck Maui Mallard, Mickey Mania (which actually taught me a LOT about the history of Mickey Mouse!), BRUTAL (which is a fighting game, but much more traditional. Nintendo did add their own style to it by putting in animals rather than human fighters.) and so on.

I've played and finished games on ROM, such as Terranigma, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, etc.

I've played quite a few Sonic games but surprisingly don't own one or have a SEGA.

Metal Gear I (believe it or not) never heard of until smash, although my brother has played it a bit i'm fairly sure.

I've also got a little bit of Metroid, and 3 (yes, thats right, 3 of the SAME VERSIONS) games of Tetris on the Gameboy, along with Pokemon Red, 2 Poke yellows, Sneaky Snakes, Double Dragon, Alien, something to do with yoshi and eggs and matching up stuff, can't remember the name :3

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Just curious, is Fire Emblem anything like Final Fantasy? If, so, i'd probably get it, mainly because me and my brother are very in to that stuff, and as soon as we saw anything of Fire Emblem, we thought, "That looks cool, it definitely seems like the type of thing we'd like."
Not exactly like Final Fantasy, maybe tactics. Watch some gameplay, I do recommend it though. I knew nothing about it, played one and loved them, then proceeded to let a couple guys borrow my game and they all enjoyed it.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ahh, if it's like tactics, thats ok too, I became REALLY fond of Tactics advanced when playing it. I think I have seen a screen shot. It's battle system is similar yes?

But I also mean style. Medieval/before medieval, fighting against forces of evil and darkness, use traditional weapons such as swords and spears rather than guns and bombs, you get the drift.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Luco: I'm reviewing FE1 next in my review blog so I can hopefully answer some of your questions at least about the basic gameplay. I do already have FE2 up in my blog though...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Time again to bring up this as Marth's alternate costume. Unless he gets his FE11/12 look. Then he should get his Smash design as an alt since his new look is dumb and manly.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
EDIT: Turns out that this may actually be a middle aged Volnutt. lol
Guess he heard about Megaman Legends 3 getting cancelled and decided to pick up drinking. Might explain the belly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom