• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
There is no correlation between what characters are important for Nintendo and who is important in Smash. This is why we still have Ness and other characters despite they haven't been around for years.

1)They don't have to use the Skyward Sword designs
2)It isn't that hard to make a design

Because people talk about a lot of characters. Doesn't mean we think they will get in.
Every character that isn't third party plays an important role for Nintendo and there series. Ness was the first international character for Earthbound. He would have probably added Ninten but saw more potential with Ness. You forget the historic value of them as well.

Why would they not use the Skyward Sword design? They've used the latest version of Link and Young/Toon Link in each Smash series.

No it isn't that hard to make a new design. It's just about half as hard as designing a new character. How would a Skyward Sword Sheik look?

Slime is the series mascot of Dragon Quest. And quite a few people have blown it off due to lack of limbs, actually.

Tails is a legit choice, as he has tons of games and various attacks, as well as two fighting game appearances to work with. As for him actually getting in, he's rather unrealistic since if we even had a chance to get another Sega character, I doubt it would be him at this point. If only because Sega loves to make him unplayable for the other "main" heroes.(Knuckles, Shadow, Blaze, Silver, mainly)

Paper Mario doesn't even playable like Mario outside of jumping on enemies. He has his own personality, a full-use hammer, and tons of various attacks using that alone. Likewise, he reps an entire spin-off RPG series that Impa does not.

Also, let's note Impaz in TP. Also, Impa has been around for ages, and still no love has been shown. She hasn't even gotten a freakin' trophy, which is kind of silly. It's unrealistic because Sakurai doesn't really care about her so far. Likewise, those other choices don't REPLACE anyone. There is no reason to replace a veteran for two games straight for someone who'll barely be different. It's actually a horrible idea to do so, and that's also business-wise. Many people loving playing as Sheik, and she's the sole OOT rep we have. The other ones rep tons of various games, but nobody reps OOT like Sheik does.
I think if Square is going to have any rep it's going to be someone from Final Fantasy just like what they did in the Mario Basketball game. I don't care because I don't care for 3rd parties. Same thing with Tails

I've talked plenty about my dislike for Paper Mario. Mainly because he is still the same Mario character featured in Smash with a different Game style. While we're at it lets bring back Dr. Mario and add NES Mario, Sport Mario, Party Mario, etc...

Impaz is not Impa. Yes she was based off of Impa but she's a totally different character. As for getting no love sheik hasn't gotten any since OOT. I also don't believe having a rep for an individual game is a good arguement. None of the other character in Smash represent a single game in a series with the exceptions to the ones who only have one game (e.g. Ice Climbers).

Also the reason people like Sheik in Smash is her gameplay. If Impa did the same thing then I doubt there will be much fuss over it.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Point me out where Sheik's role is in fact more prominent and we'll talk.
What you have suggested over the past however many pages goes against the way Sakurai operates. He does not replace one character for another needlessly, nor one that is and has remained a staple of the game since Melee. People thought Sheik would not be in Brawl because she was not present in Twilight Princess, but Sakurai made it work. The way he works is not limited by Zelda canon, rather he operates outside of it. It is not about the quantity of roles, but the quality.

If you wanted to go there technically Sheik is just as relevant as Impa because of Ocarina of Time 3D.

That was certainly unbecoming of you...

Don't you all see what this thread does to the conscientious minded? It pushes them to the edge of their wits before the innevitable retaliation!
It is not unbecoming when it is the truth. If there was hostility than I would agree, but I have none. Why should there be?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Naw, its not about any inkling of hostility only that you held your ground on what you thought was acurate.

[COLLAPSE="Attaboy"]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4112/4956267602_950191411e.jpg[/COLLAPSE]
Finally

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
So an idea would be that they could use OOT 3D Zelda which would look exactly like Zelda from Melee and have Shiek. So will they just have OOT Link and totally throw out Skyward Sword? I think the SS should be represented since from it's one of the greatest stories in Zelda history.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So an idea would be that they could use OOT 3D Zelda which would look exactly like Zelda from Melee and have Shiek. So will they just have OOT Link and totally throw out Skyward Sword? I think the SS should be represented since from my expierence it's one of the greatest stories in Zelda history.
That would be to confusing. Just have an amalgamation between the two in the same way that the Star Fox characters in Brawl blended their Assault and Command designs and be done with it. Having different designs for each character is needless. Also, there are other ways to represent series besides characters. People in general (and some specifically) need to learn this real quick.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He has yet to do so indeed, but Sheik -> Impa is actually the only cut that is highly neccecary.
This game was supposed to be a Nintendo ALL STAR fighting game (excluding the 3rd parties now). And besides the retros, most characters have multiple appearances, and are pretty much staple to their series.

People thought Sheik was not gonna be in Brawl, because of TP where right, up untill the point they learned she was considered, and had a model. That's the facts.

Besides, the cast of TP was still mainly Link, Zelda and Ganon, but also Midna. And Zelda herself had quite a lacking role in the whole thing, up untill the end. Sheik could infact fit in with her based on that, but not with this Zelda.

If Skyward Sword Zelda is in, Sheik is not.
It's simple like that.

Wether Impa should make it or not based on that, that's up to you.

Skyward Sword is the new direction the series is going to with regards of controlls. Miyamoto liked it, and felt it was a master piece. Not repping this game in Smash 4 won't work. And if Ghirahim makes it, so will Zelda / Impa. Ganondorf would be the unfitting "Toon Link" of this all.

But I don't think Ghirahim will make it, and what remains really is Impa.
It's Impa, or no Skyward Sword character at all (besides Link and Zelda looking like their SS parts, mostly).

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's weird, I've been taking a sociology class, and I've recently read a chapter in one of my books that explains this thread all too well.

@Kuma: You can probably check my VG review blog to see what I've been playing. lol

I'm mostly a Mega Man kind of guy. But I do love the Pokemon, Kid Icarus, Kirby, Vs games, and Fire Emblem series. Sonic Generations has also started to drag me in the Sonic series as well.

However, I've never really cared for the Zelda or DK series at all, and I'm not all that big into the Mario series either.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
No Skyward Sword representated... I'd RAAGGGE. It's my most favorite 3D Zelda these days and I don't even play 3D Zelda-games that much more than 2D Zeldas. (-l^l-);;

SSB4 might even break ALL THE traditions we know so far about SSB-series, so really, this WHOLE IMPA VS SHEIK-debate must stop.(->___l-);

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I highly suggest you to take up DKC, and DKC2 for the SNES. Those are classics.

@ Young Horsetail: Skipping Skyward Sword without a character wouldn't do indeed. But Ghirahim is kind of out the question I think. He would be cool, but Impa fit the bill better.

@ N: Where you part of a Golden Sun community forum once..?

@ ---: Thanks for posting that link, not that I listened to Mega Man, but this DKC medley is pretty great! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT9LaOcS25o&feature=related

And to be honest, if it comes down to it I really don't give a **** about Impa if we're talking about Dixie or King K.Rool. Their inclusion would mean much more to me than Impa. But still, Mewtwo, then Impa come close. I don't really tend to like new characters anyway.

But keeping Sheik with Impa around is kinda stupid. Skyward Sword will be a classic to remember later on when looking back to the series. OOT had it's prime time now. The series need to move past that. And I'm glad it did, finally.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Hey I'm game to change the subject but it usually turns to some other characters I have not interest in talking about. Since I'm a big fan of the Zelda series and I've been playing it since the NES days, Impa is a very interesting character for me.

Now I wouldn't mind discussing possible gameplay ideas that Sakurai has talked about. He wasn't clear but he wants new features. I'm assuming adding games like boss battles or multiman melee. I'm curious what kind of new gameplay could he impliment in the Smash world.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Um Diddy, meant by the game, not necessarily the characters... But it wouldn't be that bad though if we got a SS-character. (-l,l-);

But I also suggest starting with DKC and then to DKC2. I love DKC3 though...

Kevin: Kid Icarus Uprising would at least do some inspiration and influence to those new ideas. So I think I'd wanna try the game first out. I want the fast frantic gameplay of Melee back though.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes me to, but DKC3 is more for the real fans. If you don't like the first 2, chances are you dislike DKC3 more.

Ohhh, well you got me beat then --- ^^ Very good song from DKC, makes me look back to the game fondly. Hopefully the series will recover to their glory days before I become to old for like it.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
He has yet to do so indeed, but Sheik -> Impa is actually the only cut that is highly neccecary.
In your opinion. There are few others I see calling for this.

This game was supposed to be a Nintendo ALL STAR fighting game (excluding the 3rd parties now). And besides the retros, most characters have multiple appearances, and are pretty much staple to their series.
The day that Roy became a playable character in Super Smash Bros is the day the idea that only "All Stars" can be included flew out the window. People read far too much into those words only to end up using them to bludgeon ideas they disagree with. Multiple appearances do not guarantee a spot in Smash Bros or make a character important for that matter. Some of the most memorable characters in video game history only appeared in one game. Does this somehow make them any less important? Certainly not! This idea that you have to appear in "x" amount of games to be prominent is absurd.

People thought Sheik was not gonna be in Brawl, because of TP where right, up untill the point they learned she was considered, and had a model. That's the facts.
Are you trying to insinuate Sheik was not going to be in Brawl? If so you are going to need to present some evidence for that assertion.

Besides, the cast of TP was still mainly Link, Zelda and Ganon, but also Midna. And Zelda herself had quite a lacking role in the whole thing, up untill the end. Sheik could infact fit in with her based on that, but not with this Zelda.
Again, opinions.

Wether Impa should make it or not based on that, that's up to you.
You're right, it is not up to me, but it is up to Sakurai.

Skyward Sword is the new direction the series is going to with regards of controlls. Miyamoto liked it, and felt it was a master piece. Not repping this game in Smash 4 won't work. And if Ghirahim makes it, so will Zelda / Impa. Ganondorf would be the unfitting "Toon Link" of this all.

But I don't think Ghirahim will make it, and what remains really is Impa.
It's Impa, or no Skyward Sword character at all (besides Link and Zelda looking like their SS parts, mostly).
You see this is the fundamental root of the problem. You think a new direction in the series somehow must correspond in Super Smash Bros. When Smash Bros is a game not based upon canon. You believe that a character is the ONLY way to represent a character, which is not true. We have characters, stages, music, trophies, possibly stickers aand whatever else Sakurai decides to implement. Characters are NOT about representing series; they are chosen because there is something inherit in them that set them apart from others or bring something different to the gameplay. Popularity (based upon Nintendo's own polls) and how a character is liked is also important, but they are not always the main driver behind the development teams ultimate decision. Otherwise characters like Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B would never have appeared. Sheik was chosen a long time ago for these reasons and has remained popular because of Super Smash Bros. If that is so difficult to understand then I cannot press the issue any further. I may not be eloquent like some of the others, but I know what I mean.

With that I'm out.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
You see this is the fundamental root of the problem. You think a new direction in the series somehow must correspond in Super Smash Bros. When Smash Bros is a game not based upon canon. You believe that a character is the ONLY way to represent a character, which is not true. We have characters, stages, music, trophies, possibly stickers aand whatever else Sakurai decides to implement. Characters are NOT about representing series; they are chosen because there is something inherit in them that are unique, enjoyable or bring something different to the gameplay. Sheik was chosen a long time ago for these reasons and has remained popular because of Super Smash Bros. If that is so difficult to understand then I cannot press the issue any further. I may not be eloquent like some of the others, but I know what I mean.
Goolly, that's quite harsh if that's very true. I mean, if SSB's so popular yet not a real all-star game...

I guess there's I lost my ability to predict characters for Smash now on... maybe temporarily.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik was chosen when Ocarina of Time was at it's height of popularity actually. Her recent role in it is an undeniable factor which made them put her in there in the first place. Hence, they do look at the overall series and the characters in it.

I explained before that Ice Climbers, Mr.Game & Watch and R.O.B are retros, and are revived for Smash on purpose. They fit the bill of being ALL STARS quite well, as they come from a time before all the more popular characters where created.
I still don't consider Sheik to be a retro. Neither very memorable.

And Metal Overlord said I was a buzzkill with wanting Sheik gone, and predicting it before it (yes infact) needs serious consideration. Yet what you do is ruling out pretty much new characters for any series... :/

At least we Impa supporters agree with each other on fundamental basics.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I just wanna say; I like Impa a lot more than all other Zelda characters seen thus far. Her role, is one of dedication, in which I can relate most out of the characters of SS. It's very well possible you overlooked this in the game, but she takes the whole seriousness of the main good guys all upon her, so that Link and Zelda can chill pretty much. And that's why I like her, deep character development; but only if you see it.

Sheik is quite a generic fighter in Smash anyways. She screams generic ninja moveset nr.3, that combined with her sole appearance in OOT which was not great to begin with at all, and having had the cuts of characters of the like of Mewtwo before, I do strongly think Impa is the better choice to Sheik, regardless of "establishment". But then again, it's kind of my role to go against which has been established and makes no sence...

Zelda / Sheik has problems, Zelda mains want her to have a Down B, Sheik mains don't want Zelda around, Sheik cannot excist without Zelda, Impa is her own character with a recent good role which could be seen as "promotion material" to her series - this all makes me add up to the conclusion besides what I want myself.

If I WANT a character to happen, it's K.Rool. But unfortunately I cannot defend him more than what has been said. And luckily, most agree with points that could lead to his inclusion.

D

Deleted member

Diddy Kong said:
Zelda / Sheik has problems, Zelda mains want her to have a Down B, Sheik mains don't want Zelda around, Sheik cannot excist without Zelda, Impa is her own character with a recent good role which could be seen as "promotion material" to her series - this all makes me add up to the conclusion besides what I want myself.
How to give Zelda a Down B without Removing Sheik:

Map tranformation to a taunt button.

Game. Set . Match.

And I don't think Impa can work as a promotion material.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I like the idea of Impa, simply as a Sheik clone and nothing else. She can have her own moveset slightly different from Sheik. She had her magical guard where she ran at Ghirahim which could replace the chain with something more similar to puff's pound but also shoots back projectiles with ore force or controlled direction.

She also has her blue bomb to replace vB and doesn't use needles so she could have something else. Sheik should remain however, and while I can agree she and zelda should remain separate entities, it doesn't matter if you get rid of their vB, infact I'd advise against it. Sheik mains use zelda for recovery, Zelda mains get the best vB in the game, at least in melee they do. And no one is stupid enough to press vB if they don't want to, any new special will probably go unused in competitive play, what they both is need aerials and tilts more than. say. a counter move or some **** like that.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Nooo, Star left. I was just about to make a music suggestion. WHEN DO I DO THAT?!

It's Animal Crossing's "Marine Song 2001": http://youtu.be/6LFAfRMOTBM
Aaand here's K. K.'s version: http://youtu.be/UKy-KVwIChY?t=41s (why are THESE the versions everyone puts on YouTube? It makes them all sound the same. >:I )

This was the song Kapp'n sang while taking you to your island. I would think that makes it a rather notable and memorable song. I certainly enjoy it. NOT SOMETHING RANDOM LIKE 2 AM. Although I love that song too~ I wonder how it might be remixed?

YOU KNOW WHAT, they should use it on the Pirate Ship stage~

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Common sense ftw? Sometimes the easiest answer is the best however the only time anyone wants to transform is while recovering to utilize the better range of zelda or maybe Shiek's chain, so it would have to be usable in air. Not that it can't be done, they're the game developers...they just don't include code to restrict it, easier than the other way around.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'd like that Mewtwo more if he started off as Level 1. You know, so we can train it well ourselves. My only main problem with Events is the idea of putting them at such high levels that they're barely useful at times, and maybe at best allowed in PvP.
Umm... What? Not anymore, Grampa ;) B&W Allows training for lvl 100 as well for EVs (Effort Values). At 70, you could power up such, and not even level up until you get all target stats EV'd (Pro Tip: Mewtwo need Sp.Att EVs, not Attack). Also, some people RNG Pokemon to make their IVs (Individual Values) to make them even more powerful. RNG'in is legal modding.

Yes me to, but DKC3 is more for the real fans. If you don't like the first 2, chances are you dislike DKC3 more.
DKC3= Bleh
DKC1= Ok...
DKC2= Hell yes.

Game. Set . Match.

Impa this. Impa that. Impas. Impas everywhere.

Nooo, Star left. I was just about to make a music suggestion. WHEN DO I DO THAT?!

Aaand here's K. K.'s version: http://youtu.be/UKy-KVwIChY?t=41s (why are THESE the versions everyone puts on YouTube? It makes them all sound the same. >:I )

This was the song Kapp'n sang while taking you to your island. I would think that makes it a rather notable and memorable song. I certainly enjoy it. NOT SOMETHING RANDOM LIKE 2 AM. Although I love that song too~ I wonder how it might be remixed?

It's not bad, I suppose...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

That is a good song, not as good as this one, but good enough. Given the pace I could see an oriental-seafarer feel given to the song. Or there is always dubstep.

Has nyone here played that Super Smash Flash 2 game? Besides the anime characters I think the game is rather remarkable. I love the way Black Mage and Megaman play. Also, the Cuccoo item is ingenious and needs to be in the next game.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Has nyone here played that Super Smash Flash 2 game? Besides the anime characters I think the game is rather remarkable. I love the way Black Mage and Megaman play. Also, the Cuccoo item is ingenious and needs to be in the next game.
I have. The game's a collection of Fan wants with excellent controls. Obviously it'll be good. But Lucario isn't on there. *leaves*

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That is a good song, not as good as this one, but good enough. Given the pace I could see an oriental-seafarer feel given to the song. Or there is always dubstep.
Remember this one? I never liked it, because it always gave me a feeling of uneasiness, or that I didn't have much time left to do WHATEVER mundane task I felt was necessary at the time. HOWEVER, that would translate well into Smash, I think. :3

It's weird how simple these songs are, yet you hear them so much every day that they're Seared into your memory. You just hear the first few seconds, and you're like "Oh, this one!" Though there was a weird one with cats meowing. Not so easily forgotten either way.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Remember this one? I never liked it, because it always gave me a feeling of uneasiness, or that I didn't have much time left to do WHATEVER mundane task I felt was necessary at the time. HOWEVER, that would translate well into Smash, I think. :3

It's weird how simple these songs are, yet you hear them so much every day that they're Seared into your memory. You just hear the first few seconds, and you're like "Oh, this one!" Though there was a weird one with cats meowing. Not so easily forgotten either way.
That is why the original Animal Crossing for the Gamecube was so good. The music for each hour was so memorable and distinct. In the later games they were not so distinct and tend to blend into the other.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Now I wouldn't mind discussing possible gameplay ideas that Sakurai has talked about. He wasn't clear but he wants new features. I'm assuming adding games like boss battles or multiman melee. I'm curious what kind of new gameplay could he impliment in the Smash world.
KI Uprising is going to have melee combos so I'm wondering if we could see chains like those you see in Tekken or the target combos in Street Fighter and give some chains to every character and make it work like the staff combos in Starfox Adventures.

Game. Set . Match.

Or, you know, they could separate the two (hence Impa replacing Sheik) so we don't have to see them having to be balanced with using both in mind.

You want to use both characters, learn to have a primary and a secondary like everyone else.

On Zelda, I have an idea as to what they can do for Din's Fire.
[COLLAPSE="Din's Fire Concept"]
Din's Fire no longer has the maneuverability of the old Din's Fire and does not explode on release, but there are some new options that will let you do more to control the stage with it.

Doing 3B, 6B, or 9B will give you a Din's Fire in that particular direction. You can hold it for as long as needed, but release B when you're ready to place it. One second later, the fire will explode unless another Din's Fire is tossed out before, resetting the timer. There can only be three Din's Fires at any given time. If a fourth one is tossed out, the oldest Din's Fire will disappear.

Another option with these directions is that you can make it go the opposite direction of startup. If you do 6B and then immediately hold on the back input, the fire will come from a fixed distance towards you, opposite of the normal direction.

This gives Zelda a very deadly zoning/mining mixup game, perfect for being THE anti-camping character.

Additional Properties:
The Din's Fires can be chained into one another. You want to do, say, 6B > 3B > 9B, go to the next input on startup on 6B, release B and then press B again to bypass the recovery. Additionally, they can be canceled out of into shields and jumps.
[/COLLAPSE]

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Umm... What? Not anymore, Grampa ;) B&W Allows training for lvl 100 as well for EVs (Effort Values). At 70, you could power up such, and not even level up until you get all target stats EV'd (Pro Tip: Mewtwo need Sp.Att EVs, not Attack). Also, some people RNG Pokemon to make their IVs (Individual Values) to make them even more powerful. RNG'in is legal modding.

DKC3= Bleh
DKC1= Ok...
DKC2= Hell yes.

Impa this. Impa that. Impas. Impas everywhere.

It's not bad, I suppose...
Create that image with Ghirahim and Groose. Then, your awesome.

Agree with the DKCs but 1 was also great, 2 was just awesome.

Final compromise; Make SS Zelda / Impa the Toon Zelda of Smash 4. Am kinda at loss what to do with Link though if that happens.

Actually, no, I have my perfect roster in my head right now..! It's crazy, but its good!!

:phone:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think the anime characters are a little much, they just feel like they don't belong.

I do love how Black Mage and Mega Man play. I've even based some parts of my old MM moveset off of it.

Cuccoo for an AT.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
IMO we should have one day where impa isn't mentioned. This isn't just directed at Diddy because he isn't always the one to bring it up though he dies perpetuate it. Can we please just ban impa discussion tomorrow? And so we're not tempted can we ban all Zelda related content tomorrow?

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Something interesting is that the argument for Sheik being booted is that she isn't important. Uh, she is an alter-ego of Zelda, the titular character of the series. That and Nintendo view Ocarina as the most important Zelda story-wise on the time-line. I'm not against Impa, I just hate the idea of Sheik being booted.

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix said:
I've played a few demos, but I'm waiting until the final product.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
To answer your question Diddy Kong- No, I was never associated with a particular Golden Sun forum.

If I may interject:

The best way to envision this character Impa to being even playing a remote role in Smash brothers is to allow Shiek the option of an alternate play style, should such a medium be considerable during development (Roy, Lucas, Paper, Young/Toon Link etc)

I sincerely doubt that Impa will have an individual slot, based on a number of specifications.

Let it be clear, however that I do not condone the shunning of particular characters on their own merit of design, be it on the Subject of Impa, Toad, Tom Nook, or what have you.

Nevertheless there are determinations that I have that err or the side of realism.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
What if a newcomer was young Zelda who was SS design and transformed into impa but was not a clone. Young Zelda used her lofting, a sailcloth and harp of ages for special moves, while using magic like normal Zelda for A moves. Impa would use rapid kicks and jumps for A moves, and other stuff for B moves.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I doubt he'd be playable, but I have the perfect Final Smash in mind for Shadow: rather than having a ripoff of Sonic's, his final Smash could be Chaos Control. What makes this different from his Chaos Control as an AT? Everyone gets frozen in time except for him, and he gets to beat up anyone he chooses. The fighters remain where they're frozen until the Final Smash ends, and when it does all the cumulative knockback gathered from being attacked while frozen kicks in and sends them flying. Its best to reach areas and heights that Shadow can't reach normally or would be too risky for him. If Shadow hardly attacks you during this, then you're extremely likely to not be KO'd.

An example: Shadow does Chaos Control and 3 players are frozen no matter where they were. Shadow hits a player with a Homerun strike, another with a beam sword and the other with a weak smash attack. He then hits the players with weak jabs and aerials as their damages rack up; when the Final Smash wears off the one hit by the Homerun strike is flung off the stage and KO'd instantly. The others are thrown off the stage as well, but they recover.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
It is alright, but I personally prefer Super Smash Bros. Crusade and its controls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go-cSk9a1EY&feature=related

Those who cannot envision Toad to fight should play this game. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom