• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There is a rule to go by: Something is not likely just because you want it to be so.

I want Shake King to be in Sm4sh? Is he likely? Not really. I could make up a whole bunch of long-winded arguments like you do, but it's not going to change his chances.
Impa isn't going to be "magically" more likely to replace Sheik just because you argue for it.

When it all comes down to it, all you're doing is wasting your time and ours. Time we won't get back. Time that could've been done doing something more productive, wasted on a ****ing character in a ****ing game.
Like I said before, I have been bringing up PLENTY of stuff, but THIS is what gets you all talking and actually arguing.

Shake King is the Ghirahim to Captain Syrup being the Impa btw.
Shake King and Ghirahim - one offs
Captain Syrup and Impa - re occuring

And yeah, I know I'm wasting a terrible amount of time, but its a guilty pleasure of all of us here I feel.

And, I'm not the only one by far who wants this.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Like I said before, I have been bringing up PLENTY of stuff, but THIS is what gets you all talking and actually arguing.

Shake King is the Ghirahim to Captain Syrup being the Impa btw.
Shake King and Ghirahim - one offs
Captain Syrup and Impa - re occuring

And yeah, I know I'm wasting a terrible amount of time, but its a guilty pleasure of all of us here I feel.

And, I'm not the only one by far who wants this.

I didn't say that you were. (I may have in the past, but not where you're quoting).
So yes, Shake King is the Ghirahim, a one-off villain that actually fights you and plays a major role in the games they are in.
Captain Syrup is the Impa. The one who is just there for eye candy. :troll:. JK. Both are the ones that indirectly do stuff. Impa doesn't do much but does help out (when she actually CAN). Sryup never fights you directly.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I can't wait til the new Smash characters are announced so we can stop this ******** Impa thing once and for all and remember it as part of those pre-release pipe dreams
This kind of stuff is tame compared to the pre-Brawl days.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The version of the Live! album y'all should hear though. It's a lot better than the recorded version.

With that said, I'm gone to...

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I didn't say that you were. (I may have in the past, but not where you're quoting).
So yes, Shake King is the Ghirahim, a one-off villain that actually fights you and plays a major role in the games they are in.
Captain Syrup is the Impa. The one who is just there for eye candy. :troll:. JK. Both are the ones that indirectly do stuff. Impa doesn't do much but does help out (when she actually CAN). Sryup never fights you directly.
Every time Impa is featured she is a major plot device. Sheik was also one who helped indirectly and since Impa was the one who taught Zelda to be Sheik then logically that would mean Impa can do anything Sheik can do but better. For Brawl they had to make twilight princess Sheik even though she was never featured and now they will have to design and skyward sword Sheik. Wouldn't it make since just to have Impa replace Sheik and have a Zelda/Impa dual combo?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik won't probably return anyway, or at least, not for a long time cause she would reveal the plot right away if she does.

And yeah, I'm back...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I've been awake all the time... Got, things happening so to say.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
To be perfectly honest, and no jokes either, there is a guy, who actually dresses as a girl (and pulls it of) who said outright that even if Sheik is his favorite character, he wouldn't mind Impa taking her place.

Things are getting serious.

And if THAT is a dude, I'd almost be starting to think if I should have some doubts about my own gender. Luckily I don't have to. But imagine the damage Sheik, Tingle and Ghirahim would do... O.o

Seriously? I don't even.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The last part is jokes, but was serious of the first part... Jokingly serious, but still telling truths.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Contact the head of the Department of Cross-dressers to settle this Sheik v. Impa debate once and for all.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I shouldn't have said so much maybe, but the actual member is honest and open enough about it so ask Ice Prince yourself.

But yeah, there are more people than him cool with the idea, and we have actual people who want it to happen. I expect more to come in the future.

Qlaw

Smash Cadet
ok. here's something i don't understand that has a HUGE following.

Toad.

please- someone inform me as to why this should be in sm4sh?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ok. here's something i don't understand that has a HUGE following.

Toad.

please- someone inform me as to why this should be in sm4sh?
Because he taste good on pizza with pepperoni

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Toad has been around since forever in Mario, he's an old timers favorite. And been in mostly all Mario games, sometimes playable, most often not. He might not be the greatest ever, but he's good enough.

D

Deleted member

@MasterRapier: In regards to Impa replacing Sheik: Smash importance > Game importance to Sakurai.

Like Thrillhouse sasid, Impa replacing Sheik is a pipe dream.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@MasterRapier: In regards to Impa replacing Sheik: Smash importance > Game importance to Sakurai.

Not to mention it'll be a cry of outrage. There's more than one completely unique character that could be added. Unfortunately, Impa does not seem to be that case, especially when replacing an already unique character.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
What was your nightmare about?
Probably getting SSB4 and getting Sheik and no Impa.

For the record, Diddy, be quite about the stupid Impa stuff. You talk about it every day in almost every post. No one wants to hear it anymore.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Pokémon Black & White - Mewtwo WiFi Event Revealed

Following yesterday's reveal of the US WiFi event for Mewtwo, Nintendo of Europe sent out a press release for the English language countries revealing that the Mewtwo will also be distributed at the same time, confirming that all English language games shall receive the event. In addition to that, it revealed that the moves and hold item for the Mewtwo are confirmed to be identical to the Japanese event last year, as previously surmised. Once again, this event runs from February 12th to a currently unknown date.

And to correct myself from yesterday, there have been three Pokemon gifted to celebrate the first anniversary of Pokémon Black & White, which offers the strongest Pokémon; Mewtwo.

Viotini said:
Mewtwo? Two means back a step. I'm always in the front.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd like that Mewtwo more if he started off as Level 1. You know, so we can train it well ourselves. My only main problem with Events is the idea of putting them at such high levels that they're barely useful at times, and maybe at best allowed in PvP.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Out of curiosity, I want you guys to mention which series do you guys play on a normal basis. By this, I mean that you have most of the main titles. Here are mine:

Mario, Zelda, Pokemon (Gen 1 and 3, some 4), Metroid, Starfox, Pikmin (just Pikmin 2), Sin and Punishment (just the first 1 for now). I've played games from Donkey Kong, Punch-Out, Earthbound, Kirby, and some others, but I don't have all the recent games from them. Not into Fire Emblem or Advanced Wars.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord

I don't know what do you mean by "Smash Importance" and I would like to see a link.

Again nobody seem to notice that they will have to design a skyward sword shiek. Since Impa wasn't in Twilight Princess it made sense to make a TP Shiek for brawl. Now with Impa why would they try to redesign sheik again?

Also why is it that Impa gets blown off as a unrealistic character when people talk about characters like Paper Mario, Tails, or Slimes? I find them more unrealistic then Impa.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I don't know what do you mean by "Smash Importance" and I would like to see a link.
There is no correlation between what characters are important for Nintendo and who is important in Smash. This is why we still have Ness and other characters despite they haven't been around for years.

Again nobody seem to notice that they will have to design a skyward sword shiek. Since Impa wasn't in Twilight Princess it made sense to make a TP Shiek for brawl. Now with Impa why would they try to redesign sheik again?
1)They don't have to use the Skyward Sword designs
2)It isn't that hard to make a design

Also why is it that Impa gets blown off as a unrealistic character when people talk about characters like Paper Mario, Tails, or Slimes? I find them more unrealistic then Impa.
Because people talk about a lot of characters. Doesn't mean we think they will get in.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Slime is the series mascot of Dragon Quest. And quite a few people have blown it off due to lack of limbs, actually.

Tails is a legit choice, as he has tons of games and various attacks, as well as two fighting game appearances to work with. As for him actually getting in, he's rather unrealistic since if we even had a chance to get another Sega character, I doubt it would be him at this point. If only because Sega loves to make him unplayable for the other "main" heroes.(Knuckles, Shadow, Blaze, Silver, mainly)

Paper Mario doesn't even playable like Mario outside of jumping on enemies. He has his own personality, a full-use hammer, and tons of various attacks using that alone. Likewise, he reps an entire spin-off RPG series that Impa does not.

Also, let's note Impaz in TP. Also, Impa has been around for ages, and still no love has been shown. She hasn't even gotten a freakin' trophy, which is kind of silly. It's unrealistic because Sakurai doesn't really care about her so far. Likewise, those other choices don't REPLACE anyone. There is no reason to replace a veteran for two games straight for someone who'll barely be different. It's actually a horrible idea to do so, and that's also business-wise. Many people loving playing as Sheik, and she's the sole OOT rep we have. The other ones rep tons of various games, but nobody reps OOT like Sheik does.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Not to mention it'll be a cry of outrage. There's more than one completely unique character that could be added. Unfortunately, Impa does not seem to be that case, especially when replacing an already unique character.
Unless they decide to start using clones again like in Melee. I wouldn't be against it, necessarily, as long as they did it right and didn't abuse it too much.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Seriously? Is everyone drinking the kool aid all of a sudden? For the record it is Slime, not Slimes. Impa is unrealistic because she has zero chance of getting in. Period. Out of the existing Zelda characters not in Smash Bros already she is the least significant. After two games under her belt Sheik is not going anywhere.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Out of curiosity, I want you guys to mention which series do you guys play on a normal basis. By this, I mean that you have most of the main titles. Here are mine:

Mario, Zelda, Pokemon (Gen 1 and 3, some 4), Metroid, Starfox, Pikmin (just Pikmin 2), Sin and Punishment (just the first 1 for now). I've played games from Donkey Kong, Punch-Out, Earthbound, Kirby, and some others, but I don't have all the recent games from them. Not into Fire Emblem or Advanced Wars.
Thanks to my new school, I only have time for Zelda and a bit of Metroid and Mario.

And I have yet to see a good explanation for why people are saying that Sheik, a two-time veteran, will be kicked out for another character. There's a chance that both could get in, but I don't see Sheik being cut. Truth be told, I would be happy with just Link, Zelda/Sheik and Ganondorf if they got some nice tweaks.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
OOT is repped enough with Ganondorf, doubt he'll keep his Twilight Princess design. Also, Zelda's B moves. So yes, I say that's enough.

Impa to Sheik would be as unique as Lucario is to Mewtwo.

Thropies in Brawl for Zelda where literally copy pased from both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Only exceptions being Sheik and the Deku Nuts. And all of the other 5 Sages besides Impa didn't got a thropy in Melee either iirc.

Sheik cannot, and will not fit with Skyward Sword Zelda. It's impossible in many ways.

There have been unique characters cut before namely Mewtwo. And Sheik is considered a sub character to Zelda. An outdated one at that. Impa is one hell of a lot more important, and you'd see if you'd actually have played Skyward Sword.

Impa is in fact, far more important to the series than Sheik. Sheik hold no importance outside of OOT, and even in the game itself her role was lacking.

"Impa is unrealistic because she has zero chances of getting in" LOL at that one.
How much % chance do you estimate Skyward Sword Zelda to be in?
How can you base your opinion without having played, or looked up facts about Skyward Sword?
You must be thinking I'm lying about her role...

Could you kindly point out where our "Smash important" character Sheik is on this pic, with all of the cast of Melee?

Yeah that's right, on Zelda is on here. Gotta tell you something about this: it's ZELDA herself who is important to Smash, not Sheik.
Yeah, they kept her in Brawl, but under "conditions" I'd say. Zelda / Sheik was the only real unique Zelda character, cause Ganon and Toon Link where still cloney, and Link has been around forever. We do have a suitable character replacing Sheik now, and it's as much neccecary to have her gone, as it was to have Toon Link over Young Link.

Kind suggestion: get your facts togheter.

If you don't wanna go into detail, FINE. But don't tell me I can't back my **** up, or say I'm gasping at straws. I consider myself not uneducated opinionated, and the opposition I find here against Impa alone as an IDEA is really lame. Good job y'all.

@Kuma: I'm regular with the series of Donkey Kong (all games, besides arcade and Mario vs DK, which I both don't count actually), Zelda (besides Spirit Tracks, Zelda 2, Zelda 1 all Four Swords and not having completed Majora's Mask) and Fire Emblem (not the older ones before 6 though unfortunately, played a little 4 still but got stuck) the most. Also familiar with Mario, but don't own a 3DS (but played Mario on it at my auntie's) neither Galaxy 2 (might change, as I might borrow it), Pokemon versions before Black / White, Kirby (sans the newer games), Golden Sun (not Dark Dawn though), Metroid (couldn't complete Prime 1, didn't got Prime 2, and Prime 3... well, someone still "borrows" it from me ; he moved houses, *******) Earthbound / Mother (not the first game though), StarFox (only Command and Adventures, yeah I know- don't tell me, enjoyed them still) Wario (only Ware though, for Wii and DS, but am kind of ashamed of not playing Shake It and the Land games). So that rounds it up a bit...

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
"Impa is unrealistic because she has zero chances of getting in" LOL at that one.
How much % chance do you estimate Skyward Sword Zelda to be in?
How can you base your opinion without having played, or looked up facts about Skyward Sword?
You must be thinking I'm lying about her role...
You are picking the wrong fight amigo. I have played through the entire game of Skyward Sword, so do not assume I have no idea what I am talking about. Her role in the game was no where near as prominent as you make her out to be. There rest of what you said is irrelevant to the discussion.

As far as Sheik is concerned your argument amounts to little more than saying because a fire truck and an apple are both red they are alike. Not only that but you make up precedents while disregarding the ones already set. You want to mention facts, yet you are the one operating off of baseless assumptions and tin foil theories fueled by your own preferences. That is not logical in the slightest.

Just so we can get off of this topic. There is a new story out there claiming Nintendo is considering changing the name of the Wii U. What is prompting this supposed name change is the amount of misunderstanding that has surrounded the 3DS. Most people do not know that it is an entirely new system (of which I can attest to) and in order to avoid this with the Wii U they are in discussions to change the name. Personally I think this is a very smart move for Nintendo. When you couple this with the other rumors stating that there is more to the Wii U than we know, and that the Wii U is still in the process of physical redesign, I think Nintendo is going to really surprise us this E3. It is possible we will be looking at an almost entirely different console than the one we saw last E3.

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...endo-considering-wii-u-rebrand-sources-claim/

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Point me out where Sheik's role is in fact more prominent and we'll talk.

Impa's whole point of her persona in SS is infact, that you don't expect her to be so much. Yet adding up all facts togheter (which you get only by end game) you'd notice it's not a role to take lightly at all, and very, very cleverly done.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
That was certainly unbecoming of you...

Don't you all see what this thread does to the conscientious minded? It pushes them to the edge of their wits before the innevitable retaliation!

To Kuma:

I have yet to invest more than a half hours worth in any Zelda title to date.

Meanwhile, I am an avid Metroid and Super Mario fan (particularly 64and the PM series). Personally, I'd say the first few MMX games are on par with Metroid for the most uniquely designed game in my mind.

This is what I've been up to, I'm a few steps shy of playing through the Country series.

Sonic 3 was a cult favorite when I was a kid, I still play CD on my PC here and there. Then there was the Pokemon phenomenon.

Yoshi's Island is en route, I'm sure that will be enjoyable. I just picked up Pikmin the other day, so I'll get to find out what all the hubbub is about.

I'm always interested in independent series, Sin and Punishment for example has caught my eye recently.

Finally, we come to my Baby:
I know you're watching Oasis
Golden Sun. Its like the long distance relationship that worked out in my Favor.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah, a new name would be good actually. But it kinda stuck to me already, as the 3DS is done the same way, and Wii U seems to be a Wii 2.5 anyway so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom