• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Diddy, I wasn't calling you in particular a buzzkill, I mant that it would be a buzzkill to actually anticipate characters being cut from the roster

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That's my misconception then. Anyways, I'm willing to compromise now. I'll be posting my roster ideas shortly!

Also, that fan Smash game lacked Diddy and DK. Haven't seen Falcon and Ness in it either. Why is that?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like the idea of Impa, simply as a Sheik clone and nothing else. She can have her own moveset slightly different from Sheik. She had her magical guard where she ran at Ghirahim which could replace the chain with something more similar to puff's pound but also shoots back projectiles with ore force or controlled direction.

She also has her blue bomb to replace vB and doesn't use needles so she could have something else. Sheik should remain however, and while I can agree she and zelda should remain separate entities, it doesn't matter if you get rid of their vB, infact I'd advise against it. Sheik mains use zelda for recovery, Zelda mains get the best vB in the game, at least in melee they do. And no one is stupid enough to press vB if they don't want to, any new special will probably go unused in competitive play, what they both is need aerials and tilts more than. say. a counter move or some **** like that.
I literally asked the Sheik boards if they ever switch to Zelda (Melee boards), and most say they don't. Not even to punish Jiggly's Rest. They mentioned M2K doing something though, but that guy is M2K... Recovery with Zelda is also unsafe, because, well, you end up being Zelda, with high %.

Also, the Shine is the best Down B I think, but its a good running joke anyway.

Also, that game needs moar Kongs.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm more interested in how they get Gooey to work. If that gooball can work than so can Rocket.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I think it best to put SS chars into 3DS and Use Wii Tech demo Link as well as OoT 3D designs for Sm4sh.

As for other characters, I think there's such a wide world for Sakurai to work with but all I see is people asking for more Mario or pokemon chars or worse, more clones who could just be added in as an alternate costume. I don't want a bloated roster where half the characters look the same or share similar moves or are just a fan service, I'd rather have more franchises represented and more chars from franchises that are barely represented.
TBH I think we need some Castlevania.
Also, that game needs moar Kongs.

I can't agree with more kongs, they don't bring anything to the table, they can be alt costumes, if you want anyone go for K.Rool and leave it at three chars from the DK franchise.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I main Zelda and I almost never switch to Sheik... so now I am good as Zelda and bad as Sheik. I would rather have Zelda and Sheik separated, give Sheik Impa's model and rename Sheik "Impa"... that way we can still play as Sheik even though we are looking at Impa.

Nah, Castlevania isn't really needed

WHAT?!

Castlevania was one of the biggest third-party series during the NES/SNES years and during the GBA/DS years. It deserves to be in Smash. I think it's earned that honor.

Simon Belmont for playable character.
Alucard for Assist Trophy.
Dracula for Adventure Mode boss.
Dracula's Castle (the first level in the first NES game) for stage.

Also, that game needs moar Kongs.:phone:
Yes. Smash needs more Donkey Kong Country stuff. I am not content with just Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. I want a Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong team. I also want King K. Rool. I want a stage from Donkey Kong Country (Gangplank Galleon sailing around DK Island, Crocodile Cauldron, and Krem Quay) and a stage from Donkey Kong Country Returns (whatever it may be, I never played it). I want Rambi as an Assist Trophy.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
So?

No third-party character is "needed" in any way. I can tell you all day about how many Nintendo-exclusive games the Resident Evil series has had, and I can also tell you about Mega Man's early history on the NES, but does all that mean they NEED to be in Smash? Of course not. Also, I love Sonic and Snake and want them to stay, but they aren't necessary in a series where Nintendo characters crossing over is one of the focal points

Keep in mind, I don't have a vendetta against Castlevania or anything, I even enjoyed Castlevania 4

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think it best to put SS chars into 3DS and Use Wii Tech demo Link as well as OoT 3D designs for Sm4sh.

As for other characters, I think there's such a wide world for Sakurai to work with but all I see is people asking for more Mario or pokemon chars or worse, more clones who could just be added in as an alternate costume. I don't want a bloated roster where half the characters look the same or share similar moves or are just a fan service, I'd rather have more franchises represented and more chars from franchises that are barely represented.
TBH I think we need some Castlevania.

I can't agree with more kongs, they don't bring anything to the table, they can be alt costumes, if you want anyone go for K.Rool and leave it at three chars from the DK franchise.
I was talking about the fan game, which to me seems lacking of DK and Diddy. But even though, Dixie is in fact deserving of a spot in Smash 4. She would definitely bring new stuff to the game, and can easily be remotely different from Diddy.

I cannot see Dixie do Diddy's moves at all, apart from B Air, U Air, and yeah, that's about it. Maybe Side B, but overall, they'd be more different to each other than Ness and Lucas are. Dixie mostly uses her hair for attacking, also, she can Helicopter Spin with it, which would be an amazing recovery move.

And if they bounce into similarities too much, Diddy can also use more moves based on his tail, which he did in DK64, and Dixie lacks.

DK is hugely under repped anyway.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ah, okay. I see your point, Metal Overlord. I just feel that if Smash is getting third party characters again, I think Castlevania deserves to be represented.

Diddy Kong, I agree with you that Dixie Kong can do different things from Diddy Kong. If Sakurai wanted to make Dixie Kong even more distinct from Diddy Kong, maybe she can be paired with Kiddy Kong as a team. Why not? I liked Donkey Kong Country 3, too... not just the first two games, I liked all three games plus Donkey Kong 64.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
*looks at the concept art* Oh, gee... look! Impa even looks like Sheik when she is wearing that scarf around her head, except for the eyes... like a ninja! :awesome:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think if Square is going to have any rep it's going to be someone from Final Fantasy just like what they did in the Mario Basketball game. I don't care because I don't care for 3rd parties. Same thing with Tails
You forgot that Slime also appeared recently in a Nintendo/Square crossover.

I've talked plenty about my dislike for Paper Mario. Mainly because he is still the same Mario character featured in Smash with a different Game style. While we're at it lets bring back Dr. Mario and add NES Mario, Sport Mario, Party Mario, etc...
Paper Mario is barely the same person as Mario. The games aren't even that alike. They have few common elements outside of items and enemies. That's... it. The gameplay is quite a lot different. At best, it keeps the spirit of the main Mario series.

Impaz is not Impa. Yes she was based off of Impa but she's a totally different character. As for getting no love sheik hasn't gotten any since OOT. I also don't believe having a rep for an individual game is a good arguement. None of the other character in Smash represent a single game in a series with the exceptions to the ones who only have one game (e.g. Ice Climbers).
You missed the point. Completely. The fact is, if they cared about Impa, they'd put in her Expy/Counterpart from TP. They still shunned her. Just like regular Impa was shunned in Brawl. There's absolutely no legitimate reason to expect Impa to EVER replaced Sheik. Sheik has little chance to get replaced. It would've happened in Brawl, but now it's too late.

Also the reason people like Sheik in Smash is her gameplay. If Impa did the same thing then I doubt there will be much fuss over it.
I don't like her because of her gameplay. I like her because she's the stronger half of the Zelda, a very cool characters, a ninja, and has one of the best designs I've seen, especially her upgraded one in Brawl. Don't make generalizations, they don't honestly work at all. Assuming you understand why people care about her is pointless. Likewise, Impa and Sheik's role in OOT were just about the same importance. Impa doesn't do all that much besides fight off a shadow creature... rescue Zelda, and become a Sage. Sheik, meanwhile, is constantly fighting offscreen, teaches you 6 songs, is the entire reason why you can even BEAT the game... yeah, she's more important in gameplay, that actually matters, really.

The thing is, having a story role doesn't do much unless they're specific to helping the player out. People often skip the story. But when it's key to gameplay, it's already more notable. Gameplay plays a bigger role in games than story ever does. In fact, you can a game without a story. You can't have a story without a game.(when it comes to Video Games)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Paper Mario and Mario are the same character though. They aren't separate persons from each other. No, they don't fight a like, but Paper Mario is still a novelity idea, but : the coolest ever.

You also don't get the point where I am suggesting another version of Impa besides her OOT role, I don't want that Impa. I want her noticeably better role from Skyward Sword in.

The Sheikah are also seemingly extinct in TP, but we have Impaz, who refers to her as 'the great one who build this village ages a go'. She also said she was called after her, and by royal order couldn't leave the town. It's funny, cause Sheik herself got shunned for that game.

It doesn't mather though cause TP isn't the latest Zelda anymore, that's Skyward Sword. And as said before, Impa appears in it, with a greater, more important role than ever, and Sheik doesn't.

So adding up points:
OOT: Sheik - 1 . Impa - 1.
TP: Sheik: scrapped . Impa : honorably mentioned and remembered.
SS: Sheik - 0 . Impa : 2. Avoiding spoilers but, greatest role she ever had, probably on the level of Link and Zelda themselves.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Holy Christ, is this Impa vs. Sheik discussion still carrying on? T_T

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Paper Mario and Mario are the same character though. They aren't separate persons from each other. No, they don't fight a like, but Paper Mario is still a novelity idea, but : the coolest ever.
No, they're only the same person. Not the same character. Two different concepts completely.

You also don't get the point where I am suggesting another version of Impa besides her OOT role, I don't want that Impa. I want her noticeably better role from Skyward Sword in.
Impa is still Impa. We're talking about the character in general. There is nothing separating the two versions for the purpose of Smash. Her design is still that of a basic sheikah. OOT and SS are not supremely different designs from eachother either. One's mostly younger... that's it. The other notable Impa is specifically the Fat one. That's it. Those are the two major designs, Fat and Skinny. Fat has been in a ton more games, notably.

The Sheikah are also seemingly extinct in TP, but we have Impaz, who refers to her as 'the great one who build this village ages a go'. She also said she was called after her, and by royal order couldn't leave the town. It's funny, cause Sheik herself got shunned for that game.
Impaz is probably related to Impa. Even if Impa was in Brawl, she'd atleast have Impaz's costume. Since they're really not that different from eachother.

It doesn't mather though cause TP isn't the latest Zelda anymore, that's Skyward Sword. And as said before, Impa appears in it, with a greater, more important role than ever, and Sheik doesn't.
It was at the time of Brawl, the only time Sheik could've been REALISTICALLY replaced.

So adding up points:
OOT: Sheik - 1 . Impa - 1.
TP: Sheik: scrapped . Impa : honorably mentioned and remembered.
SS: Sheik - 0 . Impa : 2. Avoiding spoilers but, greatest role she ever had, probably on the level of Link and Zelda themselves.

You forgot that Sheik is in two Smash Bros. games. In Smash, she is widely more important than in Zelda. Which once again, the gameplay is key to games, not the story. Zelda didn't get in because of her general story role, she got in because she's one of the three MAIN characters. Sheik IS Zelda, so she counts in two more games.

Also, time for the real factors. You want only Skinny Impa.

Skinny Impa: 2
Sheik: 3
Fat Impa: Atleast 4

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Her design is a standard Sheikah? Excuse me, but apart from, well Impa and Sheik, there are no real Sheikah we know of in Zelda. Gonna read the rest now...

Looks pretty different from when I last saw her...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Here's a different topic. Does anyone think Zamus and Samus should be separated into their own slots? They might as well be since the only way to switch with them is through the final smash and it's arguably worse than the Zelda/Sheik transformation.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I swear, you guys keep looking at this ONLY in characters and not playstyles. You can't even use Samus' Final Smash without becoming Zamus or vice versa. Who thinks that's a good idea?

I don't care if Zamus is a bonus character (and who the heck says this?). DR. MARIO had his own slot for criminity's sake.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yet they're both Sheikah. That's kind of all that matters. Impa is a Sheikah is solely two games. In the rest, there is no specification. That's my entire point. I'm not against SS Impa in general. I like the design better, but having references to both games if you're going for the skinny one is a must.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh, yeah well throw in a Deku Nut as attack for her Down B. Problem solved. Gonna get to the pc now to reply fully

Zero Suit Samus can stay this way. You can access to her by holding Z anyways, but it would be cool it it'd be easier yeah.

D

Deleted member

I swear, you guys keep looking at this ONLY in characters and not playstyles. You can't even use Samus' Final Smash without becoming Zamus or vice versa. Who thinks that's a good idea?

I don't care if Zamus is a bonus character (and who the heck says this?). DR. MARIO had his own slot for criminity's sake.
Probably because when Sakurai looks at a character, he sees them as the character themselves first and the move set comes later.

If Ghirahim were to get in, it will not be because Sakurai likes his move set potentials, but because Sakurai liked the character and considers it a good addition for Smash.

D

Deleted member

I swear, you always get upset when people don't agree with your ideas, Kuma.

Think of it from a true competitive standpoint. Final Smashes are BANNED in the competitive scene. The only way to be Zero Suit Samus in this case is to do a special command (holding sheild when selecting Samus) or rapidly press up and down taunt as Samus. Almost like various bonus characters in other fighting games, don't you think?

No one's arguing that she is a bonus character, I'm stating that I VIEW her as one. As in, it's my own personal opinion. No need to get your panties in a bunch over it.
Furthermore, you're trying to use a character that was designed to be a clone to boost up Melee's roster to argue that a character that has been established as part of another character should be seperated. Seriously? Do you know how REDICULOUS that sounds?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
HF, Fat Impa is only in TWO Zelda games, the Oracle games. Where's this third one coming from?

Anyway, I remembered something about Impa and Sheik. Both of them have red eyes and Impa has those red eyes in all her appearances since OoT. It's safe to assume she's a Sheikah in the Oracle games.

Probably because when Sakurai looks at a character, he sees them as the character themselves first and the move set comes later.

If Ghirahim were to get in, it will not be because Sakurai likes his move set potentials, but because Sakurai liked the character and considers it a good addition for Smash.
You got a source on this? By that logic, clones are absolutely okay so long as they add to the fanservice.

@GS
It's not you're any better.

And my argument's not as ridiculous as you may think. You consider Zamus to be a bonus character. Why? I don't know, but whatever. To me, a bonus character is a clone like the ones in Melee. Zamus is most definitely not that.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Yea I'm not sure why zamus doesn't have her own slot. That could have been one of the problems with time constraint.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Melee and The original with online would be beast.
Smash 64 can be played through using ROMs and either the emulator Project 64k or Mupen with Kaillera to play it online.
Yeah but they also had Luxray. :D
I actually thought Luxray was kinda cool, lol! Magnezone and Electafreak were all kinds of ugly, creepy, and silly. :facepalm: Magmar's evolution was a BAMF though! :laugh:
For those interested in the tiniest details that involve the words "Sakurai", "Wii U" and "Smash Bros". All in all we learned a good lesson. Apparently Yoshinori Ono is stalking Nintendo employees and is dying to do some kind of Nintendo cross over.
Capcom has run out of money from wh**ing out every one of their series, wants a new crossover they can wh*** out, and NEEDS Mega Man in smash. :troll: :bee: :reverse:

Hopefully Capcom stops being stupid and hating on their fans like Activision, and grows the heck up... by getting Mega Man in smash the mature way! :awesome: :cool: ;)
Sakurai says to Ono: "I dunno, maybe. *laughs*" but secretly thinks "Why would I want to bring my series down to YOUR level."
Pretty much this. The only lower level lower in hell than Capcom is Activision Blizzard! :troll:
Speaking of Nintendo assassins, I think they got NyaseNya (one of the Brawl leakers) considering he has not made a post since Brawl's release. The interesting thing about that guy was that he was also a troll that would not stop talking about buttocks of Peach and various other Nintendo characters.
I dunno. If they fired him, then he definitely has been quiet. He could have leaked more information about the actual development had he already been fired. That or maybe he wasn't the leaker per say, but the leaker's public leak guy. Oh, and don't forget the guy who runs Serebii.net leaked that along with the Pikachu and the Pokémon Trainer, Jigglypuff would return, Lucario would make it for the 1st time, and Mewtwo and Pichu would be cut. I am pretty sure the guy who runs Serebii.net's source is still at Nintendo.

Because of this, I expect fairly early leaks (involving Pokémon) from Serebii.net, and I expect them to be right.
If the Zelda franchise is getting any new character then Impa has to be it. She's the only one who is a regular besides Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. She's been around since the first Zelda game too. I would be alright if they swapped out Shiek for Impa.
Impa only appears in the stupid instruction booklet. But that's it. No one cares about the instruction booklets, especially back in the 80's when the instruction book was wrong most of the time. Impa didn't appear in either the original Legend of Zelda. Instead, we got Old Man, Old Man, and more Old Man, who nearly every time helped guide Link in the right direction. In Zelda II there is no Impa, unless she is the creepy old lady who invites Link into her house, and somehow "heals his magic (hopefully nothing sexual happens). The only help Link got was various people in various towns. Link learned new attacks and magic spells from each towns' old sage.

Unless I'm mistaken, Impa's first actual in game appearance was Ocarina of Time. I haven't played Link's Awakening in a long time, so she may have been in that. But for realz, if you want the original "Zelda sage" character, get the Old Man from the first two Zelda games (or Link's Uncle from A Link to the Past). Let's keep the facts straight, kids.

@ Diddy Kong
Your weight list looks good (although I think Ridley's weight should be about 20 points lower). However, I still think Bowser should be about 150. A super heavy Bowser would be awesome to play as.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh, yeah well throw in a Deku Nut as attack for her Down B. Problem solved. Gonna get to the pc now to reply fully

Zero Suit Samus can stay this way. You can access to her by holding Z anyways, but it would be cool it it'd be easier yeah.

No pic needed. Honestly, I'd like to remind you that I think Impa is actually cool. I am only against her replacing Sheik, not being playable in general. If you removed that argument piece completely, you'd get a lot better responses.

Impa is a great character.(Fat or Skinny) Replacing a veteran is the sole problem that hurts your argument. And we know in general about that. Having both would be fine with me. Likewise, Impa has a Knife, and could use that more, being completely different from Sheik, maybe sharing a move or two.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Here's from Sakurai's new Twitter description (because SubparSmashBros' suggested we should look it up):
Masahiro Sakurai said:
ソラ代表 ゲームデザイナー/ゲームディレクター代表作:『星のカービィ』『大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ』 3DS『新・光神話パルテナの鏡』3月22日発売ニンテンドー3DS、Wii Uの両機種で『大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ』の新作を制作予定
And the Google Translate Translation says...
Masahiro Sakurai said:
Masterpiece game designer / game director representing Sora: "Kirby," "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" 3DS "Mirror of a new photoaffinity Parutena" Nintendo 3DS released on March 22, in two models of Wii U "Smash Bros. Brawl" produce a new plan of
I'm not really sure what the last part means. I get that there are two parts of smash bros means, but mentioning "two models of Wii U "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" sounds odd. Especially the part about BRAWL in there. What are we getting two Brawl's=???

Perhaps an actual translation from someone who writes and reads in Japanese and English is needed (or Japanese to any language).

By the way if you have a Twitter account, here is a link to Sakurai's twitter account. ;) My twitter handle is JohnWatson91 by the way. ;)

D

Deleted member

Who the Hell is GS, Kuma? I'm GY.
And way to not bother reading on why I believe that about ZSS. In my eyes, clones are not "bonus characters" in the fact that they can simply be selected as a non-cloned character. A bonus character to me is someone you play as without an orthodox access.
Neither of us are "right" in this regard, as it's opinion based, so don't bother arguing that.

@disfunktional: Yes, because something revealed early on MUST be the result of time constraints. *rolls eyes*

@Diddy Kong: No. Kid Icarus is not Kid Icarus in Japan. It's called "Light Myth: Palthena's Mirror".

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@John
I'm confused as to how you ended up getting Brawl in an online translation. I only see Dairantou Smash Bros. which is the name of the series in Japan. Brawl is also called X in Japan which just raises more questions.

D

Deleted member

KumaOso said:
You got a source on this? By that logic, clones are absolutely okay so long as they add to the fanservice.
I think people would prefer to have a character in as a clone then not at all.

And there's evidence to show that Sakurai likes them for the character itself. Young Link was added in Melee because he felt having Two Links would be important, meaning that he is of the opinion that two Links should be in Smash.
Johnknight1 said:
Because of this, I expect fairly early leaks (involving Pokémon) from Serebii.net, and I expect them to be right.
That's why I'm starting to already feel nervous. When was the Pokmon leak done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom