• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
@Krisp: He's saying you can select the Female Trainer as you can select Classic Wario.
As an alt. But in this case, an alt with a voice change.
So a texture...with new sound clips. Should have at least made the over done, Chicarita-Quilava-Feraligator suggestion.

I personally want Sothe from FE but that's a personal thing, going to throw it out there anyways.
Get at me sheik.

D

Deleted member

LOL, now he's arguing with me about how Baby Yoshi makes sense, and "if I knew anything on how Smash works, I would see that it's a good idea"!

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
lol he is? How, on youtube?

Play with him a little more, I want to know why baby yoshi would be so great,because taking the characteristics of pichu and yoshi=top tier amiright?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wanted Sothe as well, but also wanted Hector badly. Lyn is overrated, Hector was really the best lord from FE7, no doubts. Poor dude died the manliest death ever! Wish he got at least a little beard in FE7 though...

Pikachu is number 48 on that popularity list though..??

:phone:

D

Deleted member

lol he is? How, on youtube?

Play with him a little more, I want to know why baby yoshi would be so great,because taking the characteristics of pichu and yoshi=top tier amiright?
Sending PMs back and forth.

He's trying to justify that he'd be just like Pichu in that he'd be a smaller, faster, stronger Yoshi without the damage taking.

And he keeps trying to say that he makes more sense than Gooey from Kirby, who is in the Super Smash Bros. Crusade fangame.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Baddddd news. My power cord on my computer is shot. Means I can barely reply on here if lucky. If by chance I'm lucky tomorrow, I can by a new one. Of course, I doubt it anyway...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
"Rayquaza is a wickeder dragon than the entire cast of Dragon Wars, Reign of Fire, and Dragonheart combined. The third Pokémon in the legendary Weather Trio, Rayquaza comes to stop the fighting between Groudon and Kyogre that would destroy the world. And a Dragon/Flying Type Pokémon is a total beast on the battlefield. Oh and he almost ate Diddy Kong, in Super Smash Bros Brawl, so he gets props for that, too. - SAM"

After that I kicked his stupid tail with him though :/ You may be number 7, but don't let it get to your head.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

So I have about 118 character icons lying around? Hope I didn't miss any others I made. Poor Toon Link. Had to separate him from his Brawl friends.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
If the Zelda franchise is getting any new character then Impa has to be it. She's the only one who is a regular besides Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. She's been around since the first Zelda game too. I would be alright if they swapped out Shiek for Impa.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If the Zelda franchise is getting any new character then Impa has to be it. She's the only one who is a regular besides Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. She's been around since the first Zelda game too. I would be alright if they swapped out Shiek for Impa.
More true words have not yet been spoken. Welcome to the world of the enlightened. Call us Sages if you would :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Kooloo-Limpah.
(You're forgetting someone. Someone who has THEIR OWN SET OF GAMES.)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, with one new heck of a new appearance she seems to be going for staple status in the series. Warrior and sage a like, and protector of Zelda before Link
and better yet, creator of the Sacred Realm, and first protector of the Triforce while also having fought in the greatest war between good and evil, also appointed warrior to protect the Goddess in mortal form
a place in Smash Bros. is surely more warranted than a one off harp playing wanna be? We are so progressive, it hurts the ignorant souls. ^^

Kooloh Limpah cannot be spelled without IMPA! Even Tingle bows to Impa's greatness. That, and Zelda could use less sexually confused characters... Sheik, Ghirahim, Tingle... What exactly is it you want the series to represent huh???

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Kooloo-Limpah.
(You're forgetting someone. Someone who has THEIR OWN SET OF GAMES.)
Yeah let's add one of the most creepy video game characters every design. I know he's popular in Japan but he's despised in the States. Also he's never a major plotting device in any of the Zelda games. When Impa is in a game she is always important.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kooloh Limpah cannot be spelled without IMPA! Even Tingle bows to Impa's greatness. That, and Zelda could use less sexually confused characters... Sheik, Ghirahim, Tingle... What exactly is it you want the series to represent huh???

Represent this kind of character without resorting to Birdo.

I think Poison's a girl though. No amount of surgery and hormonal therapy can get any ****** to look like that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Her role actually gets so much better when you first play SS, then OOT. Speaking of Impa now of coarse.

To be perfectly honest, and no jokes either, there is a guy, who actually dresses as a girl (and pulls it of) who said outright that even if Sheik is his favorite character, he wouldn't mind Impa taking her place.

Things are getting serious.

And if THAT is a dude, I'd almost be starting to think if I should have some doubts about my own gender. Luckily I don't have to. But imagine the damage Sheik, Tingle and Ghirahim would do... O.o

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I don't care about he crossdressing or the gender confusion here (though I can draw a mean arguement for Birdo if I want).

Also the original two Zelda games wouldn't even happen if it wasn't for Impa telling Link what to do. In the story of the first game Impa is the very first character Link meets.

Tingle is kinda like the Twilight series. People either have a craze love for him or absolutely loathe him. Many video game magazine companies (including Nintendo Power) mock him.

With Impa she is an all rouned liked character and I can't see why people would hate her as much as other hate Tingle.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They hate her cause I be telling them the truth. First state of accepting a fate you don't like but cannot deny is denial, later comes anger. Let's just help them through it ^^

Kantrip

Kantplay
Was an all around liked character.

I have a feeling after being this thread's focal point, in a bad way, for this long will have its repercussions.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
She had a recent role, and a great one even. What makes you think she won't be received well in Smash Bros.? She is the Toad of the Mario series, possibly greater than that to...

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm alluding to the vast amount of discussion that's revolved around her in this thread. I am pretty sure some people are getting tired of her.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I dont see the point of getting rid of Sheik just to bring in Impa. Sure, Impa had a good role here and there when compared to Sheik. But here is the thing, why take out a veteran smash character? Just cause Impa had bigger roles than Sheik doesn't mean its a good idea to cut Sheik from Smash. Sheik is still a popular character to Smash fans. So why take that away from them?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Well I get tired of the third parties and the obsurce one timer characters (e.g. Geno) that get mention. I also get tired of the long pokemon debates since I've only played 1st 2nd and 1st gen remake of the series. I didn't really know most of the pokemon that were featured in Brawl.

My only reason to get replace shiek is that shiek is a one time character from an N64 game. Impa was the one who taught Zelda how to become Shiek so it would seem rather redundant to have both. I wouldn't be upset if they had one or the other but Impa certainly tops all other Zelda characters not in Smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes, but truth is: there is nothing else of great worth being discussed anyway, and I brought up quite some effort into this thread with revamp movesets, game play changes, a whole damn weight list, ideas for new characters... Nothing created quite the amount of discussion Impa did, so I'll just stick with her.

@SK201: every character had their fan base, and much better characters than Sheik (who was created as a SUB character) where removed before. Ones with much better fan bases as well. Zelda / Sheik is full of complications, and both characters are pretty much used on their own anyways. Ness was also almost cut from Melee if Mother 3 (Lucas his game) where to be released on N64 as planned. Also, Sheik might not even have made it in Brawl if it wasn't for that spare design. The best the Sheik supporters can come up with is that she's a veteran, and adding this all up doesn't in my opinion weight out the truth behind it all. Impa IS the better choice, and to me by far the likeliest.

D

Deleted member

There is a rule to go by: Something is not likely just because you want it to be so.

I want Shake King to be in Sm4sh? Is he likely? Not really. I could make up a whole bunch of long-winded arguments like you do, but it's not going to change his chances.
Impa isn't going to be "magically" more likely to replace Sheik just because you argue for it.

When it all comes down to it, all you're doing is wasting your time and ours. Time we won't get back. Time that could've been done doing something more productive, wasted on a ****ing character in a ****ing game.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Yes, but truth is: there is nothing else of great worth being discussed anyway, and I brought up quite some effort into this thread with revamp movesets, game play changes, a whole damn weight list, ideas for new characters... Nothing created quite the amount of discussion Impa did, so I'll just stick with her.

\:phone:
I don't know. I usually find Krystal from starfox always gets people talking.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I dont see the point of getting rid of Sheik just to bring in Impa. Sure, Impa had a good role here and there when compared to Sheik. But here is the thing, why take out a veteran smash character? Just cause Impa had bigger roles than Sheik doesn't mean its a good idea to cut Sheik from Smash. Sheik is still a popular character to Smash fans. So why take that away from them?
The biggest reason is the debate whether or not Zelda should get a new Down B. Also, with Impa, you can have the Sheik playstyle kept with Impa as a spiritual successor while Sheik is an alt. to satisfy veteran players.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I can't wait til the new Smash characters are announced so we can stop this ******** Impa thing once and for all and remember it as part of those pre-release pipe dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom