• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I wish Hex was here. He knew what font those things used... :I
Bu-Bu-But what about wittle ol' me? I can draw too. :sadeyes:

For the font I used Vrinda with a bold effect and some modifying. I hear Brawl's font is just a modified version of Arial (?) with some extra effects. When I tried it it did not look so well, so I went with something different, and Vrinda is what I felt worked best.

I don't really think that the Mewtwo event right now would have any baring on Mewtwo being in Smash 4. <_<
Don't spoil it for them. Haven't you heard? Smash Bros is like the stock market and every little action affects the rates and likeliness of every character. Personally I'd say the more adequate example would be OPEC and oil speculators, but not many people know how that works.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

For the font I used Vrinda with a bold effect and some modifying. I hear Brawl's font is just a modified version of Arial (?) with some extra effects. When I tried it it did not look so well, so I went with something different, and Vrinda is what I felt worked best.
I'd like one so I can make my roster.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pokemon Events are the gift-telling of something special occuring. Victini was starred as an Event because he had a new Movie coming out. A new aray of old legendaries are coming because of the annie.
You are just given the Pokemon? With random nature and the likes? You can not capture it yourself? That's how I pictured it...

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/61758559?page=1

Impa is getting love out there
Warning though, spoilers. Pretty strong ones

:phone:

D

Deleted member

She's also getting hate too if you read on.

Besides, it's Fat Impa or Bust.

Or...in this case, Fat Impa AND Bust. :awesome:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah, I checked. Charizard is no. 1 on the list (DUH! He's my favourite as well :D), and mewtwo is a close second. Blastoise comes 3rd, Lugia is 4th, Dragonite at 5th. Mew is a little further behind at 6th, and Alakazam is 20th.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Would a set-up like that look neat? I dunno, I like having the series symbol there. But then we'd have to make up some and that's balls.

At least for the purpose I wanted these icons to serve, rectangular icons would be best in case people wanted to arrange them into an image themselves. Makes it easier to line them up right. Oh well.

Someday I want to draw out my own roster image with some absurd theme to it. Like they're all sitting at tables in a fancy restaurant. Characters in a series would be sitting at the same table, of course. Maybe the oddball ones would make up the band playing fancy restaurant music. Yeah.

@Ponyboy: Metal Mario is legit.

D

Deleted member

Actually, he hasn't seen the worst suggestions I'VE seen today.

Get this: Metal Mario and Baby Yoshi.

D

Deleted member

Oh, same guy that said Metal Mario and Baby Luigi also said that Bowser should have Dry Bowser, like Zero Suit Samus.

yani

Smash Lord
Having the board that supports WALUIGI supporting Impa isn't saying too much :laugh:

I feel dumber every time I read GameFAQS forums

a_fartn_Spartan

Smash Cadet
Anyone know where I can find a roster-maker? I wanna have pictures for the v2 of my roster, but doing it in Paint doesn't seem very easy. Thanks in advance.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Anyone know where I can find a roster-maker? I wanna have pictures for the v2 of my roster, but doing it in Paint doesn't seem very easy. Thanks in advance.
Ironically, Star JUST gave me the basic layout for mine. :laugh:
But in all sinseriosity, just listen to Star.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You are not going to find any roster maker. Most every one you see is done from scratch by somebody. I'd suggest ditching Paint if you can. You can try GIMP and see how you like that.

As PoppyBro just pointed out in my previous comment I broke down the frame from my roster. You are welcome to use that too if you want. I am neither stingy nor exclusive.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Butbutbutwhataboutmyidea. >8

IT COULD HAPPEN.
I think the closest we had to anything involving models was in Smash 64 with the little models doing their dance when selected. That is about it.

How about this instead. There can be a giant wheel like a dartboard. Each character takes up a different section in the cluster. You will move a cursor around to aim a dart at the board. Once you select a character a dart will be thrown at the character's face imprinted on the board. Beyond the board the rest of the menu is in the design of an old western bar. Behind the dart board that is our character select screen could be a wanted poster with cut characters. Perhaps Jiro could even make a cameo sitting at a booth guzzling some sarsaparilla. Now THAT would certainly be unique and different. Almost Mario Party-esque.

Blegh spelling errors.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Star: Well I meant, making character icons and putting up in one thread for people to build their own rosters from? on HERE? I mean, it might be a little tedious with 50 or so IMAGE TAGS to deal with, but still.

Pretty much EXACTLY like your little support banner things. People make their own banners, they could make their own rosters.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Holy crud thanks. I didn't even realize how hard making a roster from scratch would be, but this probably just made my life 10x easier. Thank you.
You can always refer to other roster images for ideas, in terms of making your own.

Here's one that I did up between the months of June and August...

Basically, what this image is displaying, is that each character icon is 64x64 pixels, and are separated from each other by 1 pixel.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well I meant, making character icons and putting up in one thread for people to build their own rosters from? on HERE? I mean, it might be a little tedious with 50 or so IMAGE TAGS to deal with, but still.

Pretty much EXACTLY like your little support banner things.
Oh... I completely missed that apparently. Yeah that would not be a bad idea, but I would have to find out an what kind of average each icon should be though. It would be better to make them larger rather than smaller. That way if they need to be resized shrinking them down will be easy, because if they are too small then resizing the icons will not be possible without distorting each image. 70x70 might work.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Whoa! Rhydon is the first Pokemon ever created?? Awesome! Always loved the **** out of him!

:phone:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tIz4KtWz3o

Here you go. Feel free to attack this bugger for his poor roster choices that he finds "good".

Granted, there are some good choices, but the bad ones heavily outnumber the good ones.
I will totally main Unnamed character...and just imagine the move sets for sheriff.

I feel like clones at this point with such a large built of roster from previous games is useless, add metal sonic in as a texture and make room for Ridley.

Edit: I need some clarification on how female pkmn trainer(which is a female version of a texture with no hitbox) works like wario

a_fartn_Spartan

Smash Cadet
I think I might use Word or PowerPoint, copy the roster a bunch, crop all the characters I want, and re-arrange and make it all 1 big picture. Then I'll only need to find a few pictures to complete my roster. Idk, I'll just have to find what's easiest. I'm not that savy at Paint or anything like it. I never really have to use those types of programs.

D

Deleted member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tIz4KtWz3o

Here you go. Feel free to attack this bugger for his poor roster choices that he finds "good".

Granted, there are some good choices, but the bad ones heavily outnumber the good ones.
Yeah, a lot of them are really bad (although not all of them). I will commend him for mentioning Leaf, thought, he gets to wields weapons, axes, magics, etc. in the Master Class of FE4.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh... I completely missed that apparently. Yeah that would not be a bad idea, but I would have to find out an what kind of average each icon should be though. It would be better to make them larger rather than smaller. That way if they need to be resized shrinking them down will be easy, because if they are too small then resizing the icons will not be possible without distorting each image. 70x70 might work.
Mine are 48x55. :awesome:

So small that I had to write out each of those names pixel by pixel. >:I

STRONG!

I was just thinking, a 1 pixel border of transparency should be handled ONLY on two adjacent sides. That way when each one is stuck together, there won't 2 pixels between each box. Which, I guess doesn't mean much either way, BUT IF YOU ONLY WANTED 1 PIXEL BETWEEN EACH ICON THEN THAT WOULD BE THE WAY TO DO IT.

D

Deleted member

@Krisp: He's saying you can select the Female Trainer as you can select Classic Wario.
As an alt. But in this case, an alt with a voice change.

@Limelight: He's saying Leaf should be in WITH MARTH'S MOVESET. Did you miss that?

D

Deleted member

My Starfy picture was still slightly cropped out even after 75 x 75. I think 90 x 90 is a better size and what I will be using for future rosters I make.

@GoldenYuiitusin: I saw the video once and I forgot about that. Now that I remember, disregard what I sad. :sick:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It is generally a good rule of thumb that if you begin choosing characters without any names that you are probably not thinking your ideas through. None the less I digress. People will choose who they want because of who and what they like. After all in today's day and age reality is not quite as important as perception. The logic of the matter makes little sense as long as the feverish imagination is entertained with desperate chance. Truly it is silly for anyone to take debates over a video game so seriously. Out of all things in life this is of the least.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yeah, a lot of them are really bad (although not all of them). I will commend him for mentioning Leaf, thought, he gets to wields weapons, axes, magics, etc. in the Master Class of FE4.
He ruined most of the point to having Leaf when he wrote "preferably with Marth's moveset".

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
@Krisp: He's saying you can select the Female Trainer as you can select Classic Wario.
As an alt. But in this case, an alt with a voice change.

@Limelight: He's saying Leaf should be in WITH MARTH'S MOVESET. Did you miss that?
Ahh yes. True... What If he were to not be a clone? Hmmm....

@Star: The interesting thing is, I can see video-games becoming something of a proffessional sport, in that people could actually make a living from tournaments and such. The pots are only getting bigger. Hmm....

Ok guys, looks like i'm off. I'm going to test some stuff out with Lucas. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom