• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
That IS more important, but it can't be ignored that this is a fighting game, where different fighting styles (not the kind Kuma gets into) is what really adds to the game. Unfortunately I would still dismiss Junior and Krystal, because they fail the GOOD CHARACTER part, BUTBUT MAYBE ISAAC CAN COME AND PLAY...

I may just be trying to justify not adding Toad, because he is boring, but he really is boring so I can't really be blamed.
It does correlate though. With so many characters of different shapes and sizes, it comes with the territory. Checks like Ridley will be unique. And of course, it is wrong to dismiss characters just because they somehow can't be unique.

Of course, I was mainly going against Kuma's idea of characters for playstyles, so I guess we're on the same page either way.

This established character has problems going for her though.

:phone:
Problems that only you think are problems.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It saves you from disappointment though

Immense imbalance is an issue. True story.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sheik is one of the really good characters in Smash. In the top tier in Melee, and still fairly good in Melee. She has no problems.

Now, Zelda herself, which needs quite a lot of work, yes. But removing Sheik from her is not going to help in any way or form.

I don't know why we can't just have an Impa costume like Peach has a Daisy costume and be done with it. She gets her technical playable rep. Boom, done. I mean, Captain Falcon has Blood Falcon too, so we can work with that kind of rep.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
So? I'm not gonna tone down my hype for the game just to "save" myself from disappointment when disappointment isn't even that bad of a thing to experience, anyway, in my opinion

Eventually, you'll get over it. It's not really that big of a deal

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No she kinda sucks in Brawl actually. And I'm not satisfied with a costume. But if you are, sure, Sheik can be a Impa costume.

In fact, I'm not even defending it as much now.

The Zelda boards are almost begging for an actual Down B attack actually...

I'm not wanting to kill your hype, just lower your expectations for Sheik.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
You may not be defending it AS MUCH, but you're still defending it. I'm to the point where i don't want to see this subject discussed again for at least 3 months. it's that annoying to me now.

Please guys, i'm begging you. No more, I need no more of this. D:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm cool with that actually. But what's the point in discussion if there's no consideration for ones points?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It does correlate though. With so many characters of different shapes and sizes, it comes with the territory. Checks like Ridley will be unique. And of course, it is wrong to dismiss characters just because they somehow can't be unique.
Oh, any character can be "unique." That's not a problem. You've said yourself that any character can be made unique. It's completely true. But do they ADD something? Are they INTERESTING? Also, some characters don't have to be MADE unique. They already are. Like Isaac and the duck hunting dog aren't comparable. You actually have to try and make the dog something special, whereas with Isaac (and characters like him) it's immediately obvious that he brings something totally new to the roster.

I don't think that's the point you were even making, but I've been wanting to say that, lol.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
From what i've seen, people ARE considering your points, it's just they've decided that, weighing up both sides, they prefer sheik to Impa. And thats fine, we're allowed to have different opinions, we just shouldn't mistake that for people not listening to each other. -_-

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Idea that won't happen but would be cool. Zelda,Sheik,Samus,ZS Samus,Charizard,Ivysaur and Squirtle now transform using taunts. (I know that ZSS can, but it's complicated, so something simple. Ideas for replacing moves-

Zelda- New down B is nayrus love and neutral b is light bow, but not as strong as final smash
Sheik- New down B is harp of ages.
Charizard- New down B is dragon pulse
Ivysaur- New down b is powder. He either uses poison powder which poisons, sleep powder which pits to sleep, or stun spore which stuns
Squirtle- New down b is blizzard, kinda like ice climbers down b

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What's all the whining about..? Eh, nvm, I see Impa's being discussed.

@Luco Tbh, some people here don't listen, which isn't a surprise.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Actually, squirtle's one would be cool, but I think it should be more like how it was in Red. four crystal shards fall down from the sky, 2 either side of squirtle. Would be good for if he's in a pickle with lots of people near him.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Oh, any character can be "unique." That's not a problem. You've said yourself that any character can be made unique. It's completely true. But do they ADD something? Are they INTERESTING? Also, some characters don't have to be MADE unique. They already are. Like Isaac and the duck hunting dog aren't comparable. You actually have to try and make the dog something special, whereas with Isaac (and characters like him) it's immediately obvious that he brings something totally new to the roster.

I don't think that's the point you were even making, but I've been wanting to say that, lol.
No problem. It's a good point and I agree.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
From what i've seen, people ARE considering your points, it's just they've decided that, weighing up both sides, they prefer sheik to Impa. And thats fine, we're allowed to have different opinions, we just shouldn't mistake that for people not listening to each other. -_-
Honestly, the only reason I put up with it is because I remember that Diddy said if Impa didn't make it into Sm4sh, he would NEVER bring it up again. That is the ONLY reason I put up with this crap.

@Oasis: EW. That Hitmonlee looks weird. I do NOT want to see that in HD.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here is interesting interview from Yoshinori Ono with a Spanish gaming magazine.

Ono: What we saw last E3 is not a reflection of everything this console [Wii U] is able to offer. We have been trying the development kits and some of its new characteristics will improve its possibilities. It isn't something like Kinect or similar accessories, it's something different.

I can't tell you more about it because, if I do, Nintendo will send assassins to finish me! (laughs) But let’s say that Wii U will be a console with so many and unique possibilities that it will be difficult to show them in the box they are going to sell it or to be published by magazines and other mediums.
3D Juegos: Do you plan on continuing these collaborations? Off the top of my head, how about a Street Fighter X Smash Bros.? Do you have plans to talk to Masahiro Sakurai? (laughs)

Ono: ... As far as future collaborations go, I have talked to Sakurai on occasions about the possibilities but he hasn't paid much attention to the idea. I think it's my fault! (laughs) I think that if I continue to insist, Nintendo will think I'm a stalker! (laughs) ...
For those interested in the tiniest details that involve the words "Sakurai", "Wii U" and "Smash Bros". All in all we learned a good lesson. Apparently Yoshinori Ono is stalking Nintendo employees and is dying to do some kind of Nintendo cross over.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If it's Trainer sets, I got some ideas.

Charizard (B)v: Dragon Claw
He bites foward. If he grabs someone, he'll start slashing at them as he crunches on them. Time varies depending on % calculations on the opponent. After the slash attacks, he'll fly upwards, round a complete circle, and slam the opponent into the ground. It has a chance to "Pit" opponents. If it misses, he breaths a little bit of fire for a counter measure.

Squirtle (B)v: Icy Wind
He gets in his shell, and starts spinning like he does in (B)>, but in place. An icy mist formes around him. In this stage, he cannot be hurt by physical attacks, but projectiles will still hurt him, as well as Bombs. But never use a water attack on him. If done, the water-user will auto freeze. Also, anyone nearby will be drawn above him. They can then jump off, but they take damage as they're trapped. In the air, he falls slower, but doesn't trap opponents, but dis-attracts them.

Ivysaur (B)v: Sunny Day
His body glows, and his flower on his back starts to spin. After fully charged, which takes a tiny bit longer than Lucario, he'll become a faster runner. Also, his Razor Leaf will do more damage when casted. Same with all (A) moves that makes his bulb cast an explosion.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
A smash bros X street fighter would be... Weird and cool at the same time. I'd really want to see a

Nintendo VS Capcom

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Star: That's pretty funny. At least the interest for such a game is out there.

Spanish? I'm guessing you translated it yourself?

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Mario vs Ryu
Link vs Mega Man
Pikachu vs Pheonix Wright
Kirby sucking up ryu

Pure awsom

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
A smash bros X street fighter would be... Weird and cool at the same time. I'd really want to see a

Nintendo VS Capcom

Nice find, Star, I personally would still love to see Nintendo x Capcom
See, here's my thing: I wanna see Nintendo VS Capcom too, but it trails off of what Smash Bros. is suppose to be. I mean, I'd be cool with Capcom Characters, but not a game that's entitled to as a "versus" series game, like Marvel VS Capcom.

Perhaps it's too much to even say Megaman VS Samus, anymore -.-

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Sakurai says to Ono: "I dunno, maybe. *laughs*" but secretly thinks "Why would I want to bring my series down to YOUR level."

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Where did this nintendo vs. capcom stuff spring up from? I don't even see star here. :-P

My bad. Heya star. :D

And thats interesting...... Lol, not the assassins, just what he means about all the capabilities of the wii-u. :)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star: That's pretty funny. At least the interest for such a game is out there.

Spanish? I'm guessing you translated it yourself?
I could have, but NeoGAF saved me the trouble for the most part. I just thought his mentioning of the Wii U having other characteristics was an interesting note. Even more fascinating is his admission of Nintendo assassins existing and stalking Masahiro Sakurai (this is humor for those that do not get it).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460292

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I could have, but NeoGAF saved me the trouble for the most part. I just thought his mentioning of the Wii U having other characteristics was an interesting note. Even more fascinating is his admission of Nintendo assassins existing and stalking Masahiro Sakurai.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460292
The Japanese business world certainly sounds crazy. I'll have to ask my Sensei about that in my next Japanese class. lol

And I might as well, or course, put that in the info thread.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Speaking of Nintendo assassins, I think they got NyaseNya (one of the Brawl leakers) considering he has not made a post since Brawl's release. The interesting thing about that guy was that he was also a troll that would not stop talking about buttocks of Peach and various other Nintendo characters.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
It did the same to me, Pichu :p

I remember confirming how popular Jigglypuff is in Japan a little while ago. I asked a person about it who knew almost nothing about video games and even she was able to tell me how big Jiggs was. :D

Pichu, page error. -_-

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The Japanese business world certainly sounds crazy. I'll have to ask my Sensei about that in my next Japanese class. lol

And I might as well, or course, put that in the info thread.
I do not know about the entire business world, but the man certainly is.
http://i.minus.com/iKz1HnfKhN4.jpg

One of these days I have a feeling he is going to get to do his Nintendo crossover he wants to do.

Speaking of Nintendo assassins, I think they got NyaseNya (one of the Brawl leakers) considering he has not made a post since Brawl's release. The interesting thing about that guy was that he was also a troll that would not stop talking about buttocks of Peach and various other Nintendo characters.
Who knows. He could have just decided to leave too. There was another leaker who was really big if I recall? She had her own blog or something to that affect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom