• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Ahh yes... I am mistaken.

From Bulbapedia :

"Mewtwo is also capable of wielding various types of attacks (but to a lesser extent than Mew)."

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ganondorf should not be lighter than he is now. It was kinda sad to see Charizard be heavier than him, and him be a medium weight heavy character. I replayed the boss battle from OOT (actually, from the point where Sheik revealed herself to the end game I played it as that's where I suprisingly was) so I hope he gets some inspiration from that.

Mewtwo should be much heavier than Lucario. Why you think he should be lighter than Lucario?? Lucario could use a litle weight boost to, but he's fine. Mewtwo however, was not fine with the way he was in Melee weight wise. Also, big frame = easy target. You hit him better if he's bigger. Hence why extra weight is really, really neccecary. He should be a heavy weight, but not like Donkey Kong, more like Samus, Yoshi, Ganondorf. Captain Falcon's weight is the LEAST I accept for him.

Snake needs to be much lighter to. I think he will also get some tweaks. Snake really needs to be like Captain Falcon's weight.

I wanna make a weight list for all potential new comers and characters now really...
When I mean "lighter" for Ganondorf, I only mean a little lighter to fit a different "play style."

And I think Lucario should be a tad heavier, but Mewtwo should still be noticeably heavier than Lucario.

And I totally agree with Snake weighing no more than a tad more than Captain Falcon. They have the same body type. There's no reason Snake should have that much range, strength, speed, projectile attacks, and amazing recovery at the same time.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
something i would want in the next game is for captain falcon and sonic have the EXACT same speed. I understand that sonic is "the fastest thing alive in video game history" but captain falcon was in smash first and has been there since the begginning, and he's not 3rd party. To make up for it, give sonic higher jumps than he had in brawl.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
You can't have sonic tied for fastest XD. I mean he's SONIC. The fact that he's third party is irrelevant and his speed isn't really game breaking anyway.

:phone:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sonic should be at least about 25% faster than Captain Falcon in Melee (if the next game is at Brawl's speed)
Captain Falcon should be about 10% slower than he was in Melee (if the nex game is at Brawl's speed)

My 2 cents at least.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anyways, Weight List time!

+ = More weight from the Brawl version of the character
- = Less weight from the Brawl version of the character
* = New character previously not in Brawl, Melee returnees also fit into this

1. Bowser 135 ++ (I feel he should still be the heaviest, in return, he's also bigger so he feels not much heavier)
2. King K.Rool 131 *
3. Ridley 127 * (biggest target cause of wing span, but very very good recovery)
4. Ganondorf 121 + (final bosses should not be taken lightly, recovery is good, but not Melee good)
5. Donkey Kong 117 + (slightly heavier, as he has a trend of gaining +1 weight every game)
6. Wario 113 + (Snake's old weight, he is also bigger, but less mobile in the air)
7. King DeDeDe 113 +
8. Mewtwo 111 +++ (explenation plenty around the pages)
9. Charizard 108 -- (-4 points, he gets speedier attacks in return, and better recovery, and better Flamethrower)
9. Medusa 108 *
10. Samus 106 - (lighter, but better recovery with Screw Attack, and speedier all over, less powerful to to fit her new style)
11. Ike 105 (Ragnell gives +5 Defence boost, he's still faster, but a little less powerful)
11. Yoshi 105 -- (lighter than ever before, but gets a 3rd jump by actual jumping; flutter kick)
12. Captain Falcon 104 (fit as always)
12. Snake 104 -- (he lost that metal gear)
12. Wolf 104 +
13. Mega Man 103 *
14. Link 102 - (lightest as he's ever been as fit with his Skyward Sword persona, better recovery with Up B as Toon Link)
15. Lucario 102 + (Steel type)
16. Zoroark 101 *
16. Chrome 101 * (I don't know where to put him yet, but here's where I'd estimate Ike to be normally, and he's litteraly in between Ike and Marth now)
17. Luigi 100 +
18. Mario 99
19. Sonic 97
20. Ness 96 + (+1 boost for being uber awesome veteran, and having more HP than Lucas in Mother)
21. Lucas 95
21. Pit 95
21. Palutena 95 *
21. Isaac 95 *
22. Ice Climbers 93
23. Marth 92 +
24. Diddy Kong 90 - (better recovery now to, Barrel Jet works differently now)
25. Peach 87 -
25. Dixie Kong 87 *
26. Zelda 85
26. Impa / Sheik ; whoever you prefer to be in... 85
27. Toad 83 *
28. Falco 82 +
29. Zero Suit Samus 81
29. Ivysaur 81 -- (also a little bit smaller, and better tether recovery)
30. Fox 80
30. Olimar 80 - (-1)
31. Meta Knight 75 - (gotta start somewhere nerfing this *****)
31. Mr.Game & Watch 75
32. Kirby 72 - (more fluent jumps though)
33. Squirtle 71 - (gets defensive options, and super armor on withdraw)
34. Pikachu 66 -- (is also smaller, has paralysis effects now to, and some attacks get stronger like his regular B, Quick Attack is also now 3 jumps so don't feel bad for Pika)
35. Jigglypuff 64

Suggestions for other characters??

D

Deleted member

I think most will agree in that it should be faster then in Brawl. It doesn't have to be as fast as Melee, but I want a less "sloppy" game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In between Melee and 64 is my choice, but leaning more to the Melee side. Slightly.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think most will agree in that it should be faster then in Brawl. It doesn't have to be as fast as Melee, but I want a less "sloppy" game.
I actually don't know how I feel about Brawl's air dodges either. And of course, hitsun and physics bother me. I really am excited to see the change this game brings. I'm guessing we will get something in-between Brawl and Melee, but nothing nearly as good as Melee.

Love 64, but you can tell it was the first game just by playing it. Recover doesn't exist for some characters, and it's pretty easy to rack up percentages with most of the cast VERY quickly. Melee > 64 >>> Brawl

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Armageddon and Deception was fast enough, imo.

Anyway, I want something a bit faster than 64, but much less campy than Brawl. Not that it doesn't work, but too defensive.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
YouTube seems to think the best and only good Zelda choice is toon Zelda / tetra, and that original and popular character such as tingle and ghirahim are "unlikely" and "unwanted" . WTF?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Or, Sakurai could just go back to the Melee/OoT designs for the characters, seeing as OoT3D is also recent.

EDIT: Or keep the Twilight Princess look like in the Wii U clip.
After all, Ganondorf in Melee was designed from the Space World tech demo, so why couldn't this new Wii U tech demo be used to keep the TP designs?
It's an HD game so I would hope he does that, maybe include SS Link as a texture but not as your only option.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Yes^ but I swear whenever i look at people on you tubes roster predictions they always either have-

A. Toon Zelda/Tetra
B. Ghost Toon Zelda in her phantom armor

At least they mention Tetra and not Toon Sheik
At least they don't mention toon impa.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anyone have suggestions for the weight list?

Impa is too cool for YouTube suggestions.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't see Tetra any more likely, honestly. Toon Zelda, sure, I could see her being added in as a clone. Toon Sheik or Tetra... who knows. As of right now, only Toon Sheik was noted to our knowledge. But eh, Sakurai makes up fake forms all the time.(and it would've been easier to clone Sheik than to make an entire moveset anyway)

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
You tube also seems to call these characters shoe ins (those with a * are ok)

Bowser Jr
King K Rool*
Ridley*
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Little Mac*
Claus
Samurai Goroh
Krystal
Sukapon
Zoroark
Meowth
Chrome
Mega Man*
Geno
I constantly see these on YouTube.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
What I want to know is how they're going to use the controller, I'm guessing classic controller or going to be used more than Wii U controllers but what could they do with that screen?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think the Wii U will have its own Classic Controller, or at least, I hope it does.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, the Tablet will definitely be of use. I can see Classic Controller(all versions) be of note. Not sure if the Tablet needs its own classic controller. It'd be cool if we could have a new controller that's smaller(much like the Classic) that's wired.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
I always use a wii remote and nunchuck (that's right bee yotches) when I play smash, so I'd probably use that, or maybe the wii u controller if it's good controls.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Never played any game with a Classic Controller, but I saw one being used once. Never knew it was an to be used as an extension on the Wii Remote as a Nunchuck. That kinda put me off from it immediately. Hope they don't have something like that again...

Weight list comments or suggestions for characters anyone?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
New VC with GCN games

Classic Controller 2.0 with GameCube-esque design

Melee re-released with online play

We out

Sorry Diddy, I don't have any suggestions for ya

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Totally agreed. And I like the Classic Controller. Albeit, the buttons feel exactly the same, something that was neat about the GameCube Controller and the n64 Controller was that each button felt different.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
New VC with GCN games

Classic Controller 2.0 with GameCube-esque design

Melee re-released with online play

We out

Sorry Diddy, I don't have any suggestions for ya

That would be the best case scenario yeah.

Online should feature a I DON'T WANNA PLAY ITEMS PERIOD option.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@Diddy

Perhaps you can add anyone from this list that hasn't already been added? (I forgot who was on the list...)

Muddy Mole
Little Mac
Isaac
Starfy
Mii
Ridley
King K. Rool
Ghirahim
Toad
Bowser Jr.
Samurai Goroh
Palutena
Victini
Mewtwo
Mega Man

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The Mii won't be on my list, and everyone is up there you listed besides Victini, Goroh,Ghirahim, Starfy, Muddy and Bowser Jr. But yeah, might throw them in. Thinking that Starfy will be the lightest though, just 1 point under Jiggz, and I think I'd put Bowser Jr. at Mario's weight. Little Mac I surprisingly enough forgot to, but I'd list him at Diddy's weight. Ghirahim am not sure of yet, but perhaps Falcon'a weight, or a tad heavier. Goroh will have Wario's old weight of 107.
I also forgot Krystal, but I'd list her at Impa's weight.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Little Mac would be closer to Zelda IMO. Also Diddy I found a toon sheik model texture, you'd love it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I found an actual Skyward Sword Zelda / Impa model texture on a Dutch forum. He didn't post codes though, as he put them in himself. And if its the Toon Link in Sheik's clothes, saw that one already...

I made Diddy 2 points lighter actually. But 92 for him is actually fine.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Toon link in sheik's clothing is a texture, toon sheik over toon link is a model texture. I mean the latter. There's a toon Zelda model texture too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom