• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Still, if Skyward Sword is gonna be the Zelda game represented most in Smash, like TP for Brawl, and OOT for Melee, she has more than a decent shot

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I didn't see your Mewtwo buff moveset Diddy. Could you link it=???

Also, Pay Day 100% would need to be a part of Meowth's moveset. When I see that move, I think of Meowth and Persian.

And I agree with you guys when you said Pikachu/Jigglypuff are too big. They need to be smaller (and Pikachu needs to be slightly weakened). Make 'em kinda weak, but small targets. That could make them even more unique characters. Small, but weak. That's a cool concept, isn't it=???
John, if your reading here it is:

Well overall I thought that most characters should have their special skills or abilities better implemented into their character. I'm not talking new moves per se, but some would be. Other would be rather 'passive' skills, that come into play in special occasion. Think Lucario's power boost.

Let's start with a character I'd like to see it the most in, and believe needs it more than most. Mewtwo.

Note how his special skill in Pokemon is called Pressure. In the games, PP of moves goes down twice as quick when facing any Pokemon with this ability. Now there is no PP in Smash, but hear me out...

Pressure would make moves used against Mewtwo go stale twice as fast. Meaning he his far less likely to get trapped in combos from the same moves (think Marth's F Air spam, Mario's U Air spam, *sign* Sheik's F Tilt / U Tilt spam, projectile spam in general and Meta Knight). He'd also be heavier (about Samus her weight as it is now) thus in general, easier to combo, but this makes him feel more like his Melee self, in which he isn't very comboable at all. So he's got extra weight, without side effects so to say.

Now for general revamp ideas.

Mewtwo will keep all of his regular moves which he had in Melee, but some get some serious tweaking. Especially his hitboxes, but he's stronger and faster all over.
He would jump about the same as he does in Melee, and is just a little faster in dashing but not enormously so. Traction is improved a lot though, so he stays on his feet much, much easier. Weight helps with this to of coarse.

Now unto his moves. I'll list a few where I feel he needs revamping the most.

Up Smash: Is now an awesome semi multi hitting move, with less cool down lag, better range, does more damage and best of all: improved hitboxes. Infact, so good, almost Snake like. And it gets better when charging up, and when fully charged. When charging up, about a character space in front of Mewtwo become dangerous. You'd get purple stuff damage, doing around 1% damage like the behind of Shadow Ball but better yet: it gravitates the target INTO Mewtwo's more damaging hitbox so that he can hit you with this easier. And when fully charged, the hitbox of the move literally stays floating around, making it very easy for Mewtwo to follow up with another move. Probably even another Up Smash!
This is a great starter of combos, and a great damage builder, but takes skill, as the gravitation is hard to master. Low knockback, high damage. And quite a bit faster than the Melee version.

Shadow Ball: same as Melee. A strong projectile. But with a new twist. When fully charged Mewtwo's moves involving his 'Shadow Claw' get a little stronger.

Teleport: Same distance as in Melee, but no immobility when used on the ground, making offensive use of teleporting actually possible.

Forward Smash : stronger, less cool down, loads of priority now, also slight gravitation, but this time to the sweetspot of the move (when charged only). A very effective finisher.

Forward Tilt: faster, not quite a fast move still yet though, low knockback but high hitstun, quite damaging, but no move that you'd spam. Has Roy-like hitboxes as in, the thickest part of his tail does most damage and knockback. Good priority.

Neutral Air: Good combo move, does more damage overall, is a great approach, the sparks are disjointed hitboxes and hurt when trying to attack. Also, when Mewtwo is able to perform the whole animation in the air, the sparks stay around him when landing, sort of continuing the move on the ground. Very good and safe approach, hard to stop him when doing this.

Down Smash: Far faster, but just about the same as Melee. Slightly better range though, and like the other Smashes, when fully charged the hitbox stays a little after Mewtwo is done with the move.

Forward Air: Better range, way better priority. Very good killer, especially with a charged Shadow Ball.

Down Air: Still quite slow, but better hitboxes making it more effective.

Confusion becomes Psychic, and is a long distance grabbing attack. Like Confusion though, its a fixed animation, but much stronger and much more at range (about a Bowser wide away from him). When holding B, you can charge up power of the impact. Very good finisher, but strong cool down lag, worse when missed. Animation is slow, so not good for Free for Alls or Team Battles. Can do 17% uncharged, 24% when charged.

Grabs are with far more range to now, and remain strong.

Disable is now... Something else

Thoughts?

Disable is now Light Screen btw, but for balance issues, maybe something else would be better. As long as it isn't Disable ^^

I'll continue with the special skills for my next revamp ideas. But I really like Pressure for Mewtwo. I'll do Pikachu next, where my revamps indeed will make him physically weaker, smaller but, even more bugging and annoying than in Brawl. Including: Static. :pikachubrawl: Pikachu sometimes will paralyse foes who come into contact with him.

Ideas for Ness and Lucas will be Mortal Damage. There is chance that if Ness or Lucas die, or should die from an incomming hit, they receive super armor frames, hanging unto their stock longer. Makes them harder to kill, even though being slight light weights still.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really liked most of his moves in Melee anyway. The Bs just needed work.

General strategy against this version of Mewtwo: hit him, before he hits you, and make sure you hit hard. Speedy characters will still have problems against Mewtwo's increased range, Psychic, and safe approaching options, as well as combos generally not being too effective. Key is to hit him fast, and hard. Or try to punish his moves, which is still a hard thing to do, as he can Teleport easily. So prediction is everything. You'll be running away from him a lot, as he forces you to do so. Not that he minds, cause Shadow Ball is still a great option for him.

And like Confusion, Psychic deals with projectiles, and in fact, reflects them to do damage. They don't reflect as easily as say, Fox's Reflector, cause Psychic would cut down the distance of the projectile more than Reflector does, but Mewtwo's shield is big and durable, and Teleport is also good to get around them.

Teleporting can be abused to get around with Mewtwo faster, but only for ground game options. If preformed in the air, Mewtwo would still be unable to attack, like in Melee. Takes a lot of technical skill to be able to offensively Teleport, as it's a fixed distance, but it's higly rewarding.

So overall, Mewtwo becomes a heavy, strong, high priority, combo and mind trick character, with good defensive options to boot. Not quite a speedster yet, but around medium speed, with good aerial mobility. Cool down lag is still somewhat of an issue, but he's able to get around with it easily.

If Mewtwo makes it like this, I'll main him for sure. Though I hope Zoroark makes it in then as well, and be a heavy punisher kind of character. Psychic vs Dark, you know the deal. A designed counter character to Mewtwo.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Disable is now Light Screen btw, but for balance issues, maybe something else would be better. As long as it isn't Disable ^^

I'll continue with the special skills for my next revamp ideas. But I really like Pressure for Mewtwo. I'll do Pikachu next, where my revamps indeed will make him physically weaker, smaller but, even more bugging and annoying than in Brawl. Including: Static. :pikachubrawl: Pikachu sometimes will paralyse foes who come into contact with him.

Ideas for Ness and Lucas will be Mortal Damage. There is chance that if Ness or Lucas die, or should die from an incomming hit, they receive super armor frames, having unto their stock longer. Makes them harder to kill, even though being slight light weights still.
Yeah I think your idea of changing Disable to Light Screen is a good idea (just like how I mentioned to --- that the move could do all kinds of things, possible all at once for his Meowth moveset). Really, Light Screen/Reflect/whatever barrier attack could do all kinds of things. Temporarily increase super armor/decrease knockback/decrease damage taken, reflect attacks (like the Fire Emblem characters' counter), reflect projectiles (Mario's cape, the Space animals' shine), or possibly do some sort of combination of that.

Pressure as an ability (but not a move) is an extremely intriguing idea. I gotta say that if it fits the way Mewtwo was made in Smash Wii U or 3DS (assuming he returns, of course) and it was the best "fit" for Mewtwo, then it should definitely be added in.

I also think your idea of increasing the strengths of all shadow attacks (I would include psychic attacks) when Shadow Ball if fully charged. However, maybe a time limit on how long you could have Shadow Ball fully charged should be implemented (a minute or so, if even at all).

Here's the improvements/changes I would love to see for Mewtwo:

1: Make his weight either equal to or slightly more/less than Ganondorf.

2: Increase his range on all of his psychic attacks.

3: Since Mewtwo is so heavy, I think he should have optional heavy armor on attacks that do 5% or less. Maybe if you click like Z (the grab button) while hit, there is no knock back. It would kinda be like perfect shielding in a way.

4: Mewtwo's up grab could kill Jigglypuff at 100% (the lightest character), Mario at about 140% (he's around average weight), and Bowser at 170% on Final Destination. Of course, roof size matters with this, and with the statistics I gave, the heavier they are, the lower they fly.

5: Give Mewtwo some sort of psychic/flying/dark "wave" attack (that can be held down, or used for a short while) that goes forward about 3/4ths the distance of say Battlefield, can do some damage, and also pushes opponents back. That would be so BA-ba-ba-stutter BADDDDDD!!! :laugh: :cool: :reverse:

D

Deleted member

Well, there's actual weight, and there's floatiness.

Mewtwo should be a floaty heavyweight. (meaning, he falls slow, but can't be knocked around easy like in Melee)
Then again, Mewtwo shouldn't be SUPER heavy. After all, DK is supposed to be 800 lbs, and Wario is 308 lbs, both outweighing Mewtwo.

As for moves, honestly, I don't see too much changes necessary on attacks. Just make them stronger.
Shadow Ball, Teleport, and Hell, even Disable can stay (just make it to where the enemies don't have to be eye-to-eye...). Either make Confusion better to where it actually counts as a reflection, or replace it with something better.

That's just my take.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, with my moveset I wanted to be a bit different (while also being the best. SPOON! :p :awesome:).

I may change up my revamped D-Special, I just had Gravity since I thought it would fun and in his character. Either that or Barrier.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah I think your idea of changing Disable to Light Screen is a good idea (just like how I mentioned to --- that the move could do all kinds of things, possible all at once for his Meowth moveset). Really, Light Screen/Reflect/whatever barrier attack could do all kinds of things. Temporarily increase super armor/decrease knockback/decrease damage taken, reflect attacks (like the Fire Emblem characters' counter), reflect projectiles (Mario's cape, the Space animals' shine), or possibly do some sort of combination of that.
That's different than what I had in mind for Light Screen. I was thinking of a self-moving wall that can be used to limit the opponent's ground options and using teleport mixups to do wall bounce combos with Mewtwo.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Pressure as an ability (but not a move) is an extremely intriguing idea. I gotta say that if it fits the way Mewtwo was made in Smash Wii U or 3DS (assuming he returns, of course) and it was the best "fit" for Mewtwo, then it should definitely be added in.

I also think your idea of increasing the strengths of all shadow attacks (I would include psychic attacks) when Shadow Ball if fully charged. However, maybe a time limit on how long you could have Shadow Ball fully charged should be implemented (a minute or so, if even at all).

Here's the improvements/changes I would love to see for Mewtwo:

1: Make his weight either equal to or slightly more/less than Ganondorf.

2: Increase his range on all of his psychic attacks.

3: Since Mewtwo is so heavy, I think he should have optional heavy armor on attacks that do 5% or less. Maybe if you click like Z (the grab button) while hit, there is no knock back. It would kinda be like perfect shielding in a way.

4: Mewtwo's up grab could kill Jigglypuff at 100% (the lightest character), Mario at about 140% (he's around average weight), and Bowser at 170% on Final Destination. Of course, roof size matters with this, and with the statistics I gave, the heavier they are, the lower they fly.

5: Give Mewtwo some sort of psychic/flying/dark "wave" attack (that can be held down, or used for a short while) that goes forward about 3/4ths the distance of say Battlefield, can do some damage, and also pushes opponents back. That would be so BA-ba-ba-stutter BADDDDDD!!! :laugh: :cool: :reverse:
I think that Light Screen should have about a stamina of 30% or something. A strong attack should be able to get through it, but it'd still be buying time for Mewtwo in case he'd need it. And it should be his only "real" slow attack then to make things more balanced. Make it optional, not neccecary. Though, it could be also his reflective attack instead of Psychic.

It might be optional, but it'd still be sexy cause Light Screen could do this:

That's different than what I had in mind for Light Screen. I was thinking of a self-moving wall that can be used to limit the opponent's ground options and using teleport mixups to do wall bounce combos with Mewtwo.
And I have the feeling Falco won't like Pressure so much. :laugh:

1: As Ganondorf is now that'd be ideal yes! But personally, Ganondorf himself should be heavier I feel. His Brawl weight seems ideal for Mewtwo though, but Samus' Brawl weight could work to.

2: Range yes, but also the overall size of the hitboxes to almost Snake like level, and assuming Snake's hitboxes get heavily nerfed anyway, Mewtwo's would easily be around the greatest. Priority also! Make his moves cut like swords, and be able to stop swords. Psychic attacks should also be counted as disjointed (Lucas and Ness would heavily benefit from this as well).

3: Super Armor I'd like on the Up Smash and Side B and Neutral Air, but not on too many of his moves. That'd border on heavily overpowered and ban worthy. Mewtwo as a Psychic needs to 'concentrate' on his moves anyway, and he must still be slightly punishable. He'd not be punishable by most, but only real skilled players. Hit and run should be the best strategy, unless you have a character that can trade blows with Mewtwo.

4: Grabs and throws should still be strong, it suits him too well and makes him less predictable cause he's got MANY finishers now.

5: That's a good Final Smash idea. He got a new signature move in Black / White though? Maybe a mix of both? That his signature (I think it was called Psystrike?) would be a one hitting attack, but the waves of psychic energy would still involve the whole stage. Being able to float when he does his Final Smash would be awesome to!

The spoon really won't be in, because Mewtwo is a returning character. He will only return cause he'd be able to make quite faster than other characters cause they have his moveset mostly already worked out. Besides, it's manga only. Gamefreak is very controlling of their characters, thus I doubt the spoon would be approved by them.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Are there any characters you're willing to bet against getting in?

While no eligible characters really have "no chance", there are many eligible characters that are flat out unrealistic to expect to get in.

One of these characters I am willing to bet against getting in is Waluigi as there really isn't anything he has over Toad, Bowser Jr., or Paper Mario in likelihood. If he does get in, I will force myself to main him for being wrong.
Oh God yes I would bet against Waluigi. If he made it, he should be model swapped with Impa or Tingle or another dumb character choice for competitive tournaments! :troll:
Most wanted newcomer? Mines Dixie :awesome:
Dixie is up there in the top 4 definitely for me. However, I think my most wanted newcomer is... either Ridley or Mega Man. I say it is a virtual tie between the two right now. I tend to go back and forth on them! :laugh:

So my list of most wanted potential newcomers characters off the top of my head right now are:
1st: Mega Man/Ridley (tie).
3rd: Dixie Kong.
4th: Geno (he's got not much of a chance, though).
5th: King K. Rool.
6th: Paper Mario.
7th: Issac.
8th: The Balloon Fighter
9th: Little Mac
10th: Samurai Goroh
And then there is a lot of drop of... :awesome:
Well, there's actual weight, and there's floatiness.

Mewtwo should be a floaty heavyweight. (meaning, he falls slow, but can't be knocked around easy like in Melee)
Pretty much we all agree with this. King Dedede is a mid-heavyweight, and he is pretty floaty.
Then again, Mewtwo shouldn't be SUPER heavy. After all, DK is supposed to be 800 lbs, and Wario is 308 lbs, both outweighing Mewtwo.
Well I think Donkey Kong's weight was lowered to make him more of an "athletic" big man. Wario's weight was lowered to make him more of a "combo" and quick, quirky movement character. Mewtwo doesn't have to be heavier than Ganondorf, but he cannot be a mid-lightweight or even a mid-weight ever again. Seriously.
As for moves, honestly, I don't see too much changes necessary on attacks. Just make them stronger.
Shadow Ball, Teleport, and Hell, even Disable can stay (just make it to where the enemies don't have to be eye-to-eye...). Either make Confusion better to where it actually counts as a reflection, or replace it with something better.
All of the moves (except Disable, which I think moves "like that" [think Sing and rollout] tend to always suck) could definitely all be more useful. However, there's nothing wrong with changing most everything with a new move (like how Link's boomerang became a Gale Boomerang). I do think, however, getting a new move should never be out of the question, since Mario had it done to him in Brawl.

@ ---
Can't the spoon idea die already=??? :urg: :scared: :glare:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@ ---
Can't the spoon idea die already=??? :urg: :scared: :glare:
Oh don't complain, I haven't brought it up in a while, I'm not too serious about it (if anything I like to joke about it), nor am I going "Impa" on everyone about it. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh don't complain, I haven't brought it up in a while, I'm not too serious about it (if anything I like to joke about it), nor am I going "Impa" on everyone about it. :p
I'll give you that though...

Why not want a Alakazam? He's got 2 spoons? And can be part of a trainer? Like, Pokemon Trainer Blue? Rival to Red? With Pokemon as Rhydon, Alakazam and Blastoise? Not very likely, but just an idea.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
5: That's a good Final Smash idea. He got a new signature move in Black / White though? Maybe a mix of both? That his signature (I think it was called Psystrike?) would be a one hitting attack, but the waves of psychic energy would still involve the whole stage. Being able to float when he does his Final Smash would be awesome to!

The spoon really won't be in, because Mewtwo is a returning character. He will only return cause he'd be able to make quite faster than other characters cause they have his moveset mostly already worked out. Besides, it's manga only. Gamefreak is very controlling of their characters, thus I doubt the spoon would be approved by them.
I pictured something more like Magneto's level 3 hyper since the attack in Pokemon reminds me a lot of it.

And him being a returning character doesn't mean the spoon wouldn't be implemented (I'm personally indifferent) as anyone can be revamped in between games.

@John
Disable could work if you could combo into it or something. Speaking of which, I think Jigglypuff's Sing should be a command grab-type attack.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'll give you that though...

Why not want a Alakazam? He's got 2 spoons? And can be part of a trainer? Like, Pokemon Trainer Blue? Rival to Red? With Pokemon as Rhydon, Alakazam and Blastoise? Not very likely, but just an idea.
I like using the Spoon as a runnning joke here. You had be here during the summer to truly get it.

But in the Pokemon manga, Mewtwo fights with a Spoon shaped energy sword... (Psystrike?)

D

Deleted member

You know what arguments I get tired of now...(outside the SmashBoards, I mean)?
The "Ridley is too big" arguments.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I just prefer the old moveset with new Bs a lot. Well, basically one new B, his Down B. Psychic would just be an upgraded idea from Confusion. Sort of how Koopa Klaw from Melee changed to what it is in Brawl. But, even more difference in strenght.

Also, I did not like the game as much, but I want Samus to have some Other M inspiration. Make her faster, weaker, have a bit more combo moves like me and Kuma suggested; low knockback, high damage. And, be able to shoot her Charge Shot MUCH faster. Like, being able to combo into the Charge Shot very easy, like in Other M with the melee attacks. Being able to charge and walk / run would also be REALLY sexy.

Her missiles should also be chargeable, and her regular Charge Shot uncharged (lots of charge in this sentance) should be able to be used like a StarFox kind of laser, but slower and stronger. Not quite Falco's gun yet, but a bit of an inbetween move like Falco's laster and Lucario's high damage Aura Sphere uncharged. Missles controll exactly the way they do now, but homing missles are replaced with Brawl's "Super" Missiles, whereas the Super Missile is now a charged missile. And it fires FAST.

Screw Attack needs major combo ability as well, and do more damage and have a much better hit box. It's her ultimate physical attack since the old days... Also, make it like the item, have her double jump with it. Kinda like Pikachu's Quick Attack (which would in return, be 3 jumps now) but harder to change direction with.

She, however, would be quite easy to combo now. But be a medium heavy, slightly fast attacking, combo mixed with projectiles character. Oh, and faster grabs. And shooting animations like Fox / Falco with some throws.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Again, Light Screen/Reflect could have about a dozen different effects/uses, including possibly multiple at the same time.
I was more joking than serious, but I do agree; "Impa! IMPA!" sounds an awful like the boy who cried "WOLF! WOLF" until the Wolf ate him.

Kids, don't get eaten by a fat old hag! :laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think it'd be more like IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMM-PA! ^^ But yeah, it's not the most sexy name to pronounce. I'll give you that.

Oh, was thinking you where talking about the way Impa would be cheered at. My fault.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ignoring the Spoon for once, this is what I'm expecting to happen:

Slightly improved weight and speed
Confusion (maybe now Psychic) now works as a regular reflector, and trips closerange opponents, decreased lag as well
New D-Special
Increased knockback on some of his moves

Pretty much why I like to joke about it. But just to get some things straight:

With so much anime influence I don't think it really matters overall. Especially when the manga influences the games more than the show, not to mention there have been some manga references in Smash already.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think that Light Screen should have about a stamina of 30% or something. A strong attack should be able to get through it, but it'd still be buying time for Mewtwo in case he'd need it. And it should be his only "real" slow attack then to make things more balanced. Make it optional, not neccecary. Though, it could be also his reflective attack instead of Psychic.
Again, your idea is just another one of many interesting Light Screen/Reflect ideas (yours, Kuma's ---'s, mine, etc). There is so many awesome ideas that could make the move awesome.

And I really like the idea of Mewtwo being strong against weak attacks, and forcing opponents to use their stronger moves, and change up their approach towards him.

@ Diddy Kong
You can cheer on Impa when you change Sheik's appearance in Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS all by yourself. :troll:

Edit: All caught up in the part of this thread I missed... YEAH!!! :awesome:

I've pretty much read or skimmed half of the posts in thread... :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Speed should be slightly better for dashing, and significantly better on the lag of the moves. Weight really needs a boost though. Ganondorf's (who should be heavier) or Samus' (which should be a little lighter) current weight would be ideal.

Strategy against Mewtwo would either be hit and run, or hit with really strong attack. But caution would still be needed cause of teleporting, and Mewtwo being able to punish much better himself. Up Smash into Neutral Air, into Down Smash or Psychic would rank up damage up to 65~70% easily. He just has combination of very damaging multi hitting moves with low knockback and high hitstun with high priority power attacks. Along with mind tricks as Teleport and Light Screen. Just hit and running, or just using powerful attacks would not be enough. You have to be on the move all the time, and keep predicting. Meanwhile Mewtwo can adapt strategy against what your doing on screen easily.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I still think around Pit's weight and speed would be the best.

Sakurai seems to want to have him float, hense the reason why he was so light in Melee, so I don't think it'll be a major change. IMO Samus's weight is pushing it a little.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pit is A LOT smaller than him, and the main reason he was bad was his light weight with big frame. Amongst range, priority (thus bad approaching) and lag issues. He'd still be floaty for sure. He'd also still be larger than Samus, so her weight is no problem really.

yani

Smash Lord
I've had a change of heart, I think the spoon could be pretty cool. Unlikely to happen though.

Do yall think Roy will return?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No, not really. Not if we don't get 4 Fire Emblem characters. I think Chrome will get in first a long with Marth, then Ike. Roy could be considered afterwards. Though I would like it if he'd be back.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Samus' weight is fine for Samus, although I think Ganondorf should either be heavier and be a all-power character, or lighter and be and have a handful or two of quicker attacks. I think Mewtwo, again, should be somewhere inbetween Donkey Kong and Ganondorf and be a powerful character that feels like a GOD when you play as him.

And retty much after seeing the Resident Evil 6 trailer (Leon and Chris being playable in the same game=??? ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!), I saw just about every "good" Resident Evil character.

This makes me want to see a Mario vs. Solid Snake vs. Sonic the Hedgehog vs. Mega Man match up anymore. Seriously, who else would be totally up to see that kind of match up in smash, and would be willing to face me in that match up if it is possible in Smash Wii U and 3DS=??? :cool:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pit is A LOT smaller than him, and the main reason he was bad was his light weight with big frame. He'd still be floaty for sure. He'd still be larger than Samus, so her weight is no problem really.
Meh, I still think anything above Mario/Lucario's weight is a little much. I don't see what Pit's size has to do with anything though.

It's all subjective.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ganondorf should not be lighter than he is now. It was kinda sad to see Charizard be heavier than him, and him be a medium weight heavy character. I replayed the boss battle from OOT (actually, from the point where Sheik revealed herself to the end game I played it as that's where I suprisingly was) so I hope he gets some inspiration from that.

Mewtwo should be much heavier than Lucario. Why you think he should be lighter than Lucario?? Lucario could use a litle weight boost to, but he's fine. Mewtwo however, was not fine with the way he was in Melee weight wise. Also, big frame = easy target. You hit him better if he's bigger. Hence why extra weight is really, really neccecary. He should be a heavy weight, but not like Donkey Kong, more like Samus, Yoshi, Ganondorf. Captain Falcon's weight is the LEAST I accept for him.

Snake needs to be much lighter to. I think he will also get some tweaks. Snake really needs to be like Captain Falcon's weight.

I wanna make a weight list for all potential new comers and characters now really...

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Diddy: Mostly because of how Sakurai had Mewtwo in Melee and the whole floating thing which, like Ganondorf with a sword, I don't think will change all that much.

I definitly agree with you on Snake's weight though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If it's one of the major complaints about Mewtwo, I doubt it won't be changed. Besides, in the PAL version of Melee he has been given 4 extra points of weight already. http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Weight#SSB_Weight_Ranking . I doubt that he's gonna stay the same.

All light weight characters in Melee got quite a boost in Brawl to. But, I want much more difference in weight than in Brawl and Melee. I'll make a list. And I'm gonna just include all characters on it, Impa and Sheik will be the same weight so I'll just list that as Impa / Sheik. And, I'm gonna use the numbers like on that list.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
D

Deleted member

PAL Melee also made Mario two points lower than Luigi and Doc. All three are tied otherwise.

I could see Mewtwo somewhere in between Wolf and Yoshi, though. (Yoshi's HEAVIER than Wolf?!?)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My guess: 103~111

Gonna make a list now. Requesting any characters?

PAL also made Pichu lighter, Falco and Pika heavier, DK and Bowser +1 point, and a couple of other different things. I played the version, and I dread to even play the American version with Mewtwo now actually... Gotta make me respect Taj even more now.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo better come back in this next game. It was a complete travesty that he didn't make the cut in Brawl.

I really like and agree with all your ideas about his revamp, Diddy Kong, and I had actually thought of almost every one of those already on my own :p .

Only thing I would add is that I would like to his down B be a random move similar to G&W's judgment. Since Mewtwo is unique in that he can learn any move in the game, I would like to see down B be a random generator of a number of any moves from either Pokemon or perhaps even from brawl. So for instance you do a Down B and there is a chance that you might Pika Thunder, or there is a chance that you might samus back flip kick. That would seriously add to the Mewtwo mind **** game.
Just

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think you are confusing Mewtwo with Mew dude ^^ But I think I'll have Light Screen for Down B. With a 30% stamina, reflective properties, and acting as a "combo wall" to bounce characters into helplessly. Thanks btw.

Any suggestions for character weights? I'm thinking of adding in Palutena, Medusa, Toad, King K.Rool, Chrome, Mega Man, Isaac, Captain Syrup, Zoroark, Takamaru, Ridley... Mind is blank now, help would be cool.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
I think you are confusing Mewtwo with Mew dude ^^ But I think I'll have Light Screen for Down B. With a 30% stamina, reflective properties, and acting as a "combo wall" to bounce characters into helplessly. Thanks btw.
Since when can't Mewtwo learn any move? Am I really noobing it up that hard to be wrong about this?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo can learn plenty of moves in Pokemon I think, but no every one of them. Mew, and I guess Smeargle are the ones who are only able to do that. Other than that, Metronome is the move your referring to. Mewtwo cannot learn that, but it'd be cool to have an attack like that in the game anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom