• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So I need some help, anyone wanna help me create a Fat Impa moveset, I think this idea has some great potential over what Diddy Kong keeps suggesting for a skinny Impa.
B: Cow
>B: Lift and Throw Cow
vB: Eat Cow

Final Smash: Lose Weight, and become Skinny Impa

:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
He is a hunting dog. A dog that hunts ducks.. and if we extend this to Smash, then a dog that hunts Nintendo characters in the story mode. And you can't use the "but he doesn't fight" excuse against the dog... we got R.O.B., your argument is invalid. You are also suggesting Tom Nook when he doesn't even fight... can't have it both ways.

You missed the context of my post. My post was being satirical of the majority's school of thought (that's a lot of big words). I'm all for DHD if he can work.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sometimes I get the same vibe with you. Just Sometimes though.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
@Kuma: The consensus here. I teased the idea of Groose being a Fighting Clown, and everybody said Wario was the one to fit the category.

@Breadbug: You're right. I can't. But Sakurai can. He is the one who decides who fights and who doesn't. As Oasis said, Sakurai decided that it wouldn't make sense for one to fight due to the nature of Animal Crossing as a whole.
And who are you to decide that Mr. Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, and R.O.B. to fight? Sounds to me you are being the hypocrite.

A celebration of Nintendo is more than characters. It's stages. It's music. It's trophies. While some series aren't suited for a character (like Animal Crossing), it gets it's representation elsewhere, like how AC got a stage, Assist Trophy, music line, trophy set, sticker line, etc. It got it's due.
I'm not trying to qualify any existing character's inclusion in Smash. I am saying that Sakurai can't argue against characters because they aren't fit for fighting, and then include characters that fit the profile of not being fit for fighting. It isn't subjective.

Playable character slots are meant for those who are beloved, popular, and whatever criteria you kids use. "Good fighter," however, should be pretty low on that list, based on previous inclusions.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What about her up B, and A moves?
Cow Jumps Over the Moon and stuff.

OK, guys I want a well thought opinion on this: What's more important to you? The character's playstyle or the character itself?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The character itself. I've accustomed to quite a few characters I like with horrible moves, but I never stick with them long. Luckily the Kongs are good in my book, but even they need some work.

But yeah, character. Extra bonus points for awesome play styles. Though there are few like that...

Also, in Brawl the character itself to me is far more important than in Melee, but even in Melee I stick to my DK and Mewtwo even though my Puff is better.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah, in a way I have to agree here. There's no way i can't, seeing as i main Lucas, who has one of the most unique movesets ever, to say the least. :-P

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to have to go with the majority and say the character itself. I grow accustomed to maining the characters I generally like not just on a character's playstyle.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
First off it's not really true for those characters, and second I'm only saying what Sakurai has said, and I think it'd be wise to build one's expectations off the hints the man gives himself. I mean, I'd love to play as the Villager, especially when Kuma goes on about Tom Nook and I have to sit here with my arms crossing, shaking my head saying "NOPE. THAT'S A STUPID IDEA VILLAGER IS MUCH BETTER." BUUUT. If Sakurai shoots it down, then it really just can't be helped.
Well, drawn out debates aren't my thing, so I'll leave it at this:

1) There are characters in Smash already that don't fit the hivemind's idea of a fighter. The characters I have listed can be twisted to fit the profile, sure. But if the Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Olimar, and G&W hadn't been in Brawl/Melee before now, you guys would never consider them for Sm4sh. They would be subjected to the same treatment as an AC rep.

2) Sakurai says contradictory things sometimes. "Smash is for fun Nintendo happy times." "Smash is for fighters and fighters only." That's why the man is an enigma. You can't really tie him to anything he says. (This includes what he says that I agree with about Smash being all about celebrating Nintendo, so I'm in something of a dichotomy.)

3) I don't really care what AC character. Villager is fine, Nook is fine.

Donedonedonedonedonedonedone.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
JOHN ISN'T HELPING ANY.
MY goal isn't to help. My goal is to DESTROY!!!

Also, I need Smash Wii U to be competitive, have Toon Link be high tier again, and have Toon Link be the funnest character to play again. That way, I get the best of both worlds in competitive smash... :cool: Yes, I am connected to Toon Link like a fetus to its' mother's umbilical cord! :awesome: :cool: :chuckle:

Also (in terms of Pokémon themselves) 1st Gen > 2nd Gen > 5th Gen > 3rd Gen (barely behind 5th Gen) > 4th Gen. Seriously, the 4th Generation of Pokémon had some uglies! :facepalm:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You missed the context of my post. My post was being satirical of the majority's school of thought (that's a lot of big words). I'm all for DHD if he can work.
Ahh, I gotcha... well, my idea was for the hunting dog's moveset to have an emphasis on controllable projectiles, namely the B and Side B. Up B would be recovery with the ducks. Down B would probably be something like Jigglypuff's Rest but with laughing instead of sleeping.

B would be based on the duck hunting mode. I researched Duck Hunt and it turns out that if you attached a NES controller to the P2 slot, you could control a duck. So, my idea was that pressing B would have the dog release a duck. While you hold down B, you can control the duck's flight path with the control stick like you do with Ness' PK Thunder. When you want to shoot the duck, just release B. The unseen hunter (the person playing Duck Hunt) would shoot the duck from the fourth wall. It would be useful for shooting opponents who are directly above or below the dog, like for example on Spear Pillar where the dog could shoot the opponent who is standing on the top of the stage from under the stage. Oh, and if you hold the B button for too long, eventually you lose control of the duck and it flies away. Gotta have limitations.

Side B would be based on the clay shooting mode. The dog throws a clay pigeon (a white disc) like Link throws his boomerang. You could control the direction of the disc like you control Zelda's fireball special, that is... vertically. Releasing B would have the hunter shoot the disc... there would be a small gunfire explosion similar to Zelda's fireball explosion. It would be useful for shooting faraway enemies but it is not useful for enemies who are directly above or below the dog... that's what the duck shooting is for. It makes up for the duck's time limit because the clay pigeon flies faster and further without a time limit but you have limited control (up or down only).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

1) There are characters in Smash already that don't fit the hivemind's idea of a fighter. The characters I have listed can be twisted to fit the profile, sure. But if the Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Olimar, and G&W hadn't been in Brawl/Melee before now, you guys would never consider them for Sm4sh. They would be subjected to the same treatment as an AC rep.

2) Sakurai says contradictory things sometimes. "Smash is for fun Nintendo happy times." "Smash is for fighters and fighters only." That's why the man is an enigma. You can't really tie him to anything he says. (This includes what he says that I agree with about Smash being all about celebrating Nintendo, so I'm in something of a dichotomy.)

FYI: Olimar was heavily supported pre Brawl.
And Mr. Game and Watch seems to be able to fight, just like the Ice Climbers. ROB is different though. But even so, none of these characters where ever shop keepers in their games...

AND, as said before. Pikmin was about Olimar surviving. All the others are strictly retro though.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Cow Jumps Over the Moon and stuff.

OK, guys I want a well thought opinion on this: What's more important to you? The character's playstyle or the character itself?
Character itself followed by their potential playstyle. I want Duck Hunt Dog so the next thing I did was coming up with a playstyle that fits its role as a hunting dog and fits the very gameplay of Duck Hunt itself.

I want Meowth so I suggested ninja-like agility and Catwoman-like scratching in addition to throwing gold coins like shurikens... and a counter based on Meowth's Pay Day in Smash 64 and a Final Smash based on Meowth's Pay Day in Brawl.

Duck Hunt Dog vs. Meowth would be epic. Cats vs. Dogs!! :awesome:

D

Deleted member

1) Yes, we wouldn't even consider characters like Ice Climbers or Game & Watch (But yes on Olimar.), but it's not because they're not fighters. (Because again, CLUBBING SEALS AND KILLING MOLES)
It's because the Ice Climbers are NOBODIES in the Nintendo world. In fact, they only got in to add a new gimmick and to be a Retro character for Melee.
Game & Watch? No one would seriously consider a 2-D character other than Paper Mario had Game & Watch not make it in. Mr. Game & Watch is too "random" to actually get support had he not been in Melee and Brawl.
Olimar? He didn't get the same treatment as AC. Olimar was viewed as a stupid idea and wasn't taken serious however, due to no one fully understanding how the Pikmin would work. When Olimar was revealed with how the Pikmin worked, people shut up. Different situation entirely.
And I laugh at your "but the Pikmin should be playable instead, then". Guess who has top billing on the Dojo. He's labeled as "Pikmin and Olimar". In a way, they are the main rep. Olimar is just the vessel in which they're used. Why do you think Olimar is useless without the Pikmin, and most of his moves rely on them? THEY'RE DOING THE WORK!

2) Quit making **** up. What he said is that characters that WOULDN'T MAKE SENSE to have fighting won't be playable. He NEVER said "fighters only".
He has said that Smash is representation of Nintendo's history (which it is), but at the same time he did NOT say that everyone important to Nintendo's history MUST BE PLAYABLE. So while you think it's some grand conspiracy that the Animal Crossing character didn't get in, it really isn't.
Animal Crossing is a big series, and Sakurai acknowledged this by the stage, Assist Trophy, music line, Trophy set, sticker set, etc. Only thing missing is a character, and we already know why one won't get in.

Now unless you plan to send Sakurai nasty letters demanding him to add an AC character, drop the subject. There is nothing left to discuss that hasn't already been covered. And nothing's going to change about the situation.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I find it hard to imagine a good Final Smash for Meowth actually. And 3 versions of Pay Day is a bit too much. Pay Day will be B, and I'm guessing Fury Swipes, Pursuit and something.as Agility to be the other Bs.

D

Deleted member

Remember my old Tingle moveset? I made one for Meowth, too.

MEOWTH
Neutral Combo: Meowth does two claw swipes, then starts rapidly clawing in a slapfight style while cowering his face away in a comedic fashion.
Neutral Forward: Meowth kicks forward.
Dash Attack: Meowth pounces.
Neutral Up: Swipes twice upward, like a cat swatting at a piece of string directly above it.
Neutral Down: Swats like a cat grabbing at a piece of string being moved slowly away from it.
Forward Smash: Meowth uses Slash forward. Works the same as in Super Nuke Bros. Melee.
Up Smash: Meowth puts his paws on the ground and kicks both legs upward.
Down Smash: Meowth does the spilts.
Neutral Air: Meowth spreads his arms and legs out.
Forward Air: Meowth swings his tail forward. This attack is used in Super Nuke Bros. Melee.
Back Air: Meowth wags his tail back. Similar to Yoshi.
Up Air: Claps claws together. And yes, I mean CLAWS.
Down Air: Meowth kicks his legs like riding a bicycle. Same as Flapjack’s Down Air in Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion.
Grab: Meowth grabs with both paws, claws extended.
Pummel: Meowth bites the opponent.
Forward Throw: Uses Fury Swipes. Not a good throw for knockback, but it’s good for racking up damage.
Up Throw: SHORCLAWYUKEN! No seriously, he does a claw uppercut.
Back Throw: Meowth uses Iron Tail to slam opponent back. (Pikachu doesn’t use Iron Tail in Smash, so why shouldn’t Meowth?)
Down Throw: Meowth places opponent on the ground, then leaps and slams a claw down on them like his Air Down Special in Super Nuke Bros. Melee.
Neutral Special: Pay Day-Meowth tosses coins forward as long as the button is pressed. (I know Meowth can’t use Pay Day in the anime, but this is more based on the games. This is like Super Nuke Bros. Melee, but is different in that you can hold the button down to keep going, and it works like Brawl’s Pay Day.
Forward Special: Thief-Meowth lunges forward like Captain Falcon’s Raptor Boost, but only goes a little bit before falling flat on his face. If used and missed in midair, he isn’t put into Helpless Mode, but he can’t use the Thief again until he’s either hit or lands. If he makes contact, he latches on to his opponent, and kicks off of them like Captain Falcon’s Falcon Dive. If the opponent is holding an item, Meowth steals it for himself. This does not work for large items. Instead, he makes the opponent drop them. This is the same as Super Nuke Bros. Melee.
Up Special: False Swipe-Meowth rises while swiping up with a claw, then swings his tail up in the same way. The claw does minimal damage (as it’s the FALSE swipe), while the tail does good damage and knockback (as it’s the REAL swipe) like Ganondorf’s uppercut after Dark Dive. This is the same as Super Nuke Bros. Melee.
Down Special: Screech-Meowth takes a breath, then emits it's Pokemon Stadium cry. Anyone close by is paralyzed temporarily. (Not stunned, like Mewtwo's confusion, paralyzed. Like when Ganondorf begins his Final Smash). The opponent has to be either right in front or right behind Meowth. This move will work when the opponent is in the air. This is the same as Super Nuke Bros. Melee, but can also be used in midair.
Final Smash: Night Slash-The move Meowth claimed to have learned in the anime, although never used, so we don’t know if he was bluffing or not. Anyways, it works a LOT different than the Pokemon games. First, the screen goes black, like Dimensional Cape, then you see slashes in different areas. As darkness is gone, Meowth is back where he was when the move started, and the screen is filled with dark energy claw slashes, like the Byakko in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash Up. They are hard to avoid, and touching one will be a grave mistake, as they have high damage and knockback capabilities. They are stationary.
(In order to see the Byakko, go here: http://tmntgame.us.ubi.com/# then click on About, then click on Ninja Powers, then click on Byakko. It shows a picture example of what I’m talking about.)
Taunt: Meowth makes a peace sign with two claws extended , looks at the screen and says “That’s right!”. This taunt is used in Super Nuke Bros. Melee.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Pikachu already has Agility as it's up B... or is that quick attack=???

But yeah, Diddy Kong is right. Meowth's move set requires some serious thought to put together. And I agree; what the heck would be his final smash=???

...Although I don't really care for those silly near meaningless attacks much... :awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I find it hard to imagine a good Final Smash for Meowth actually. And 3 versions of Pay Day is a bit too much. Pay Day will be B, and I'm guessing Fury Swipes, Pursuit and something.as Agility to be the other Bs.

Who says its too much? Pikachu uses electricity in different ways. Marth uses his sword in different ways. So why not have Meowth do Pay Day in different ways?

If it helps, just call B "Amulet Coin" (throwing coins like shurikens). Down B "Payback" (Pay Day in Smash 64). Final Smash is "Pay Day" (Pay Day in Brawl). It is Meowth's signature move... you know.

Side B would be Fury Swipes... works like Marth's Side B by with scratches. Up B would be Faint Attack. Similar to what Lyn does as an Assist Trophy but the cat scratches upward to recover while invisible.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, I gotcha... well, my idea was for the hunting dog's moveset to have an emphasis on controllable projectiles, namely the B and Side B. Up B would be recovery with the ducks. Down B would probably be something like Jigglypuff's Rest but with laughing instead of sleeping.

B would be based on the duck hunting mode. I researched Duck Hunt and it turns out that if you attached a NES controller to the P2 slot, you could control a duck. So, my idea was that pressing B would have the dog release a duck. While you hold down B, you can control the duck's flight path with the control stick like you do with Ness' PK Thunder. When you want to shoot the duck, just release B. The unseen hunter (the person playing Duck Hunt) would shoot the duck from the fourth wall. It would be useful for shooting opponents who are directly above or below the dog, like for example on Spear Pillar where the dog could shoot the opponent who is standing on the top of the stage from under the stage. Oh, and if you hold the B button for too long, eventually you lose control of the duck and it flies away. Gotta have limitations.

Side B would be based on the clay shooting mode. The dog throws a clay pigeon (a white disc) like Link throws his boomerang. You could control the direction of the disc like you control Zelda's fireball special, that is... vertically. Releasing B would have the hunter shoot the disc... there would be a small gunfire explosion similar to Zelda's fireball explosion. It would be useful for shooting faraway enemies but it is not useful for enemies who are directly above or below the dog... that's what the duck shooting is for. It makes up for the duck's time limit because the clay pigeon flies faster and further without a time limit but you have limited control (up or down only).

I always had the idea of Duck Hunt Dog using 2 Ducks to recover back to the stage by holding on to Ducks by their feet. During that time, the player can control the Ducks. This would be in reference of P2 controlling the ducks on Duck Hunt.

I had the same idea for his Side B also. The idea being influenced from the Clay Shooting mini-game from Duck Hunt.

My idea for Neutral B was him using the NES Zapper. With DHD having the ability to grab with his thumbs. I think it would best represent the Duck Hunt game and one of NES's most popular accessory.

As for Down Special. I seen many ideas of him laughing or something to do with the grass. I had my own idea. Remember in the beginning of the game where he jumps in the grass? I figured it could come useful for him. He would do a Pounce. Launching his body to attack.

Click to see Special Attack animations
EDIT: Sorry I tried to hide animation but not sure how

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Awesome animations. ;)

I think the dog's up special would function like Pit's recovery... but if the dog gets hit, he loses one duck but he continues flying but at a reduced speed. And if he loses the second duck, he gets into s helpless state as he falls.

I prefer the pounce thing to be his on-screen appearance at the beginning of the match. I like the laughing "Rest"... mainly to annoy the opponent by laughing at them when they get KO'd... but also to annoy the player when he fails to connect the laughing "Rest" by laughing at the player... a brilliant reference to how we would wish to shoot the dog for laughing at our poor aiming.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pikachu's electric moves have different names, and I think you just want it too much in the exact way you picture it. Pay Day would be one of his moves, yes, but especially Meowth has some other signature moves as Fury Swipes. Pay Day won't be a move 3 times. And I still doubt Meowth with Jiggz around. Though I think I do prefer him.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nope, they need to diet.
I nominate this for the best post on this thread! :laugh:

@ Diddy Kong
Ya, Fury Swipes, maybe Slash, Tackle, Headbutt, etc could be Meowth's moves. Keep it at "normal type" moves! :awesome:

Overall, I have a hard time seeing Meowth making it unless Sakurai REALLLY wants to add him. I still think there is a slight possibility of Sakurai reviving this idea in a future smash bros game when truly, "who else is left?"

@ Golden
I haven't gotten to Page 3785-3790 yet (I skim what I missed since I first posted here, which includes thousands of posts).

Edit: DAYUM! Either y'all short (I guess most of you aren't 6'1 like me), but I weigh like 175-185 (but I sure as heck ain't fat; I'm rather thin). You guys are skinny as sticks!!!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I did, but it lacked B moves? I was searching for them but couldn't find them. I made a Meowth moveset as well, but he was part of a Pokemon Trainer variation together with Jiggz and Eevee.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Golden
Thief and False Swipe were great special move choices. Maybe cutter or cut would also make good moves.

Screen was a real interesting choice. People would either really love it or hate it. Personally, I love that move choice. However, I think that would work much better with Mewtwo (that or some sort of bubble aura). That move could be so unique in that it could do all kinds of different things potentially, possibly all at once or all in one move!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pikachu's electric moves have different names, and I think you just want it too much in the exact way you picture it. Pay Day would be one of his moves, yes, but especially Meowth has some other signature moves as Fury Swipes. Pay Day won't be a move 3 times. And I still doubt Meowth with Jiggz around. Though I think I do prefer him.

At this point, I don't even care if Jigglypuff sticks around... I want Meowth... with or without Jigglypuff. The roster can have all 1st gen Pokemon for all I care. Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Meowth, and Mewtwo. Perfect for me.

About the Pay Day, the point I'm making is... Meowth has a natural ability to somehow produce gold coins out of its body.. kinda like how Pikachu has a natural ability to produce electricity out of its body. So, who's to say it cannot use Pay Day in different ways? It doesn't even matter what the name of the moves are called... its irrelevant. What's important is what Meowth could do and could not do. Throwing coins is Meowth's speciality along with scratching.

So far, we have seen Meowth do Pay Day in three different ways. As a single projectile in the Pokemon games. As a barrier that hits in all directions in Smash 64. As a bunch of projectiles in Brawl. This would be a great way to pay homage to past Smash games, too!

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
Awesome animations. ;)

I think the dog's up special would function like Pit's recovery... but if the dog gets hit, he loses one duck but he continues flying but at a reduced speed. And if he loses the second duck, he gets into s helpless state as he falls.

I prefer the pounce thing to be his on-screen appearance at the beginning of the match. I like the laughing "Rest"... mainly to annoy the opponent by laughing at them when they get KO'd... but also to annoy the player when he fails to connect the laughing "Rest" by laughing at the player... a brilliant reference to how we would wish to shoot the dog for laughing at our poor aiming.

I definitely agree with the function of the Up B. But yea, I think the Down B attack can also be the same as the intro. Only thing different with the intro is that he would pop out the tall grass. The laugh could be his taunt. Spamming the taunt would make the ultimate insult to the player. lol.

@GY. I definitely agree with your Meowth move set. He is the only character besides Mewtwo that I can see playable in SSB4 from the 1st gen.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I didn't see your Mewtwo buff moveset Diddy. Could you link it=???

Also, Pay Day 100% would need to be a part of Meowth's moveset. When I see that move, I think of Meowth and Persian.

And I agree with you guys when you said Pikachu/Jigglypuff are too big. They need to be smaller (and Pikachu needs to be slightly weakened). Make 'em kinda weak, but small targets. That could make them even more unique characters. Small, but weak. That's a cool concept, isn't it=???

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Since there is a little bit of Mewtwo discussion going on I might as well repost my revamp moveset from back in August.

Attributes: Mewtwo has received many major buffs in his attributes. His weight now has been increased by 10, making him the same as the Mother characters and Pit (20th-22nd). His running speed has also been increased to roughly around Pit's (14th). He still, however, retanes his walking and Air Speed from Melee.

PlayStyle:Overall Mewtwo hasn't changed all too much in his gameplay style from Melee; as he still relies heavily on mind games. His Confusion move (now called Psychic) is now a regular reflector as now reflected projectiles do damage to opponents, and also it now can trip up-close opponents, thus taking over the job of Melee's Disable. Of which, has been replaced by his new move, Gravity, which heavily contributes to his mind games. In addition, he's also received much less laggy standard moves and Smashes with higher kill potentials threw the use of his signature Spoon. All while gaining the ability to now hover mid-air similar to Peach. However, despite these new additions, Mewtwo is still a very floaty character and still is a big target, meaning he's still relatively easy to kill.

Entrance - Teleports onto the stage.

Neutral Special - Shadow Ball - Same as it was in Melee. Does 25% when fully charged.

Side Special - Psychic - Similar to Melee's Confusion, it now can reflect damaging projectiles and trip opponents, it can also still pull opponents through small platforms. However, the hit box has been decreased to the size of his AAA. Does 7%.

Down Special - Gravity - Only works on the stage. Mewtwo raises his hands up then down, pulling a directly air born opponent back down to the ground similar to the end of Zamus's U-Special. It does put the opponent in a stun state that increases the higher they were in the air. It's range is about 4/5's the size and hitbox of Zamus's U-Special.

Up Special - Teleport - Same as it was in Melee. Still has the most lag when done into the ground.

Final Smash - Psystrike - Mewtwo's signature move. He does his grab animation and traps the captured opponent midair in a 45 degree angle. Mewtwo materializes his spoon away from him and sends it flying through the helpless opponent, catching it in his hand. If done in the air, Mewtwo is left in a helpless state when done. The trapped opponent can be attack by other opponents while being trapped. Has knockback like Great Aether and it does 45%.

AAA - Same as Melee version, can be held down. Does 2% now.
Forward Tilt - Tail Whip - Same as Melee version, can still be sweet spotted. Does 5%.
Up Tilt - Psycho Cut - Summons his spoon and does a similar animation to Ike's U-Air. Has good enough knockback to make it a kill move but due to slight ending lag it's not as safe as it seems. Does 12%.
D-Tilt - Tail Whip - Same as Melee version. Does 6%
Dash Attack - Psycho Cut - Summons the spoon and does the same attack with it as a he did with a battering item in Melee. Does 15% if all hits connect.

Forward Smash - Psycho Cut - Summons his Spoon for a downward slash similar to when he held a battering item. Has good enough knockback to make it a somewhat reliable kill move. Does 14% uncharged. 21% Charged.
Up Smash - Same as Melee version. Does 15% uncharged and 20% Charged (if all hits connect).
Down Smash - Psycho Cut - Summons his Spoon for a basic downward slash, after the first hit the spoon then extends backwards 90 degrees for a second hit. Has major lag during the spoon extension time making not a very safe kill move. Does 12% uncharged and 16% charged for each hit.

Neutral Air - Discharge - Same as Melee version. Does 3-20% depending on the number of hits.
Forward Air - Psycho Cut - Same as Melee version but now uses the spoon for a slash resulting in a larger hitbox and range. Is much safer now it make it a new kill move. Now does 12%.
Up Air - Tail Whip - Same as Melee version. Can still be sweet spotted. Does 6%, 14% when sweet spotted.
Back Air - Psycho Cut - Summons the spoon and without turning around stabs the opponent. Similar to his original, has a smaller hitbox, nor can it be sweet spotted, but has overall higher knockback making it into a new kill move at high percents. Does 10%
Down Air - Stomp - Same as Melee version. Can Meteor Smash but it is still very unsafe. Does 7%, 14% when sweet spotted.

Pummel - Same as Melee version. Does 3%
Forward Throw - Whirlwind - Throws the opponent and sends them flying with a gust of wind. The gust may also blow other opponents as well. Does 10%.
Back Throw - Summons his spoon and without turning around stabs the opponent in the back. Causes the opponent to fall into a helpless on the ground state (like Snake's F-Throw). Does 12%
Down Throw - Tail Whip - Same as Melee version. Does 11%.
Up Throw - Whirlwind - Same as Melee version. Does 12%.

Other - Fly - Means Mewtwo can use his 2nd jump just like Peach's.

Taunts:
1. Same as Melee
2. Summons his Spoon and poses
3. Raises his feet of the ground by hovering.

Costumes:
Green - Shiny
Pink - Mew
Blue
Red/Orange
Black
Armored (as requested by Omega :p)

Codec:
Otacon: Snake that's! Buzzzzzz......
Snake: Otacon! Otacon? What's going on?
Mewtwo: ... Snake, I can fully comprehend your current state of mind. For a long time, I too have been trying to find the very same answer.
Snake: Wait! You're...
Mewtwo: Indeed. I am Mewtwo. We have a lot in common you and I.
Snake: ...
Mewtwo: Right now I feel privileged to fight someone like myself. Don't disappoint me...
Snake: ...
Otacon: Buzzzz. Watch out Snake, It's!
Snake: I already know. Snake out.
Otacon: Snake wait! Snake? What just happened!?

Picture and Video examples of New Moves:
Forward and Up Throws
Up Tilt and Forward Smash
Side Special
Down Smash
Armored Mewtwo
Forward Smash 2 :cool:
Forward Air
Back Throw
Final Smash
Final Smash 2

I'm posting this for fun, so feel free to comment. I have to go to bed. Later.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I definitely agree with the function of the Up B. But yea, I think the Down B attack can also be the same as the intro. Only thing different with the intro is that he would pop out the tall grass. The laugh could be his taunt. Spamming the taunt would make the ultimate insult to the player. lol.

@GY. I definitely agree with your Meowth move set
Ooh... or maybe we can suggest the dog a bit of a mind game to play on the human players... laughing for down B and laughing as a taunt. So the human opponents can't tell if the dog is taunting or failed to connect his laughing "Rest"... the taunting has a shorter lag compared to the failed laughing "Rest". ;)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I like the moveset Triple Dash, but I hate the weight (you had Mewtwo's weight about the same as Pit, Lucas, and Ness). Mewtwo weighs 269 pounds exactly, which should be about as much as Ganondorf, if not more. I think a heavier, slightly slow Mewtwo (yet still floating with great recovery) would fit your moveset better than a light and fast Mewtwo, actually. Plus, Smash could use a few more fatties! :awesome: :troll: :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom