• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah Smash could definitely use King K. Rool. I think would King K. Rool would at least come close to Bowser's weight. King K. Rool could possibly surpassing him as the heaviest character, if they make King K. Rool taller than Bowser. On a side note, I think Bowser needs to continue to grow in the next smash bros games. Make him 10% taller, 10% wider, and 20% heavier, and give him some moves with actual priority for once!!!

Man, just imagining Dixie Kong or King K. Rool in smash is exciting. Both would be really exciting characters that just add a certain "energy" to this roster that nobody else could add. Just watching it in my head is exhilarating! I'm going to hype them up like how I hyped up Diddy Kong for Brawl (but with more insults for those doubters!) :awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Maybe K. Rool might be the second most heaviest if King Hippo gets in, too. Ever since I saw that fake leak about King Hippo being in Smash 4 last month, I really liked the idea of a playable King Hippo. He's the most famous Punch-Out villain... seriously, he was a big deal back in the late 80's... more popular than even Little Mac back in the day... that's why he was in the Captain N cartoon. That's why Nintendo promoted Punch-Out Wii with replicas of King Hippo's crown and shorts.

:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
King Hippo ain't happening... although he is one of my favorite enemies in Punch-Out!! for what it's worth! I'm not sure people remember King Hippo being popular back in the 80's though. That was a long time ago, and Little Mac is still the main character of all the Punch-Out!! games.

Still, King Hippo is probably most people's favorite Punch-Out!! boss. I think he could make a great interfering NPC (like the bullet bill in Princess Peach's Castle, Birdo in Mushroom Kingdom II, various Pokémon in Saffron City, etc), a great assist trophy, or a funny/unique boss fight. Whatever his role could be, there definitely is a place in Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS for King Hippo. I personally would voucher for him to have some unique, fun, and humorous role.
Warning: the following is a response to a 11 day old post! :laugh:
Sakurai mentioned that the SSE took up 70% of development time.

Brawl took 26 months in development. If you were to multiply that by .3, it would have taken only eight months without SSE.

So when Sakurai stated that there would be 2-3 years going into this project, it basically means a large adventure story is coming, he just isn't ready to confirm it.
That is terrible. I guess those people predicting 200 character rosters weren't that crazy! :laugh:
If Sakurai spent all of that time on the multiplayer, we could have 130 characters by my math! :laugh:

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
King K. Rool and Dixie Kong better be in this next one. I would probably main both should they make the appearance.

As far as a retro-revival character goes, I seriously do hope that it is a battle toad, and alternate skins can be the alternate toads. Have none of you played Battle Toads? They were quite a sweet series and the characters already have most of what it takes to be Smash character.

I will be disappointed if Battle Toads don't make it.

Also, Conker. Conker deserves to be in so badly.

As far as third party characters I would like to see. Gex.

That is all.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
As far as a retro-revival character goes, I seriously do hope that it is a battle toad, and alternate skins can be the alternate toads. Have none of you played Battle Toads? They were quite a sweet series and the characters already have most of what it takes to be Smash character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can't remember who made Battletoads. Rare?

Also, Conker is Rare only, who is 3rd Party and owned by Microsoft. Conker was also removed from the remake of Diddy Kong Racing. I see Banjo and Kazooie as somewhat possible, as well as a Killer Instinct character, but that's it.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Either K. Rool or Dixie Kong are probably going to be playable in these two upcoming smash bros games, if not both of them.

Yeah, the only 3rd party characters that I see even having a chance of making it are Tails (because the Sonic series is THAT HUGE!), Bomberman (his owners, Hudson Soft [and their owners, Konami] and Nintendo often work together), Pac-Man, Geno (Sakurai has given all the hints he loves Super Mario RPG, but don't expect him) and what myself and others think is a shoe-in character, Mega Man.

And yeah, Conker is dead (and Microsoft owned, which makes it impossible for him to join... the Wii U Smash Bros, and probably the 3DS Smash Bros game), and Gex is dead (he hasn't had a game in about 14 years, has no demand and is a 3rd party character).

I'm also pretty sure Battle Toads are owned by Rare, and thus are owned by Microsoft, making a appearance (at least on the Wii U and probably the 3DS) impossible.

Plus it goes back to Sakurai's old "requirements" for a character to be playable... (does somebody got that link=???)

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
That really sucks. :( Conker seems like a shoe in to me... as do the toads. Stupid corporate ownership.

Why would something being microsoft inevitably make it impossible?

Gex would be awesome. Seriously.

I'm also a big advocate for Banjo and Kazooie, they make perfect sense.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well because Microsoft putting in characters they own in a Nintendo game would potentially make Nintendo more money, and would further promote a Nintendo game.

Rule #1 of business: You don't help the competition in a area you are competing in (the only area this isn't true in the Microsoft-Nintendo case is handheld consoles, in which Microsoft is currently not involved with).

Banjo and Kazooie I guess could happen (he has a paper thin chance), but again, he would be a 3DS exclusive.

Plus, if you think about it, Conker, Banjo, Kazooie, and Battle Toads are all 4th party, thus most likely making them ineligible.

One of the two developers of Gex's series is defunct, and the other is more focused on making their world famous series, Tomb Raider, and its' games. Plus Lara Croft automatically would get priority over Gex. Even Gex's popularity peak was nothing next to Lara Croft's or Tomb Raiders' popularity.

Again, Dixie Kong and King K. Rool are good bets. One if not both will in all likelihood make it in Super Smash Bros. Wii U.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Because why would Microsoft let characters they now own be on a Nintendo system? It's basically saying that Nintendo advertises them...

Albeit, I see nothing but Banjo-Kazooie and Killer Instinct, due to the first one being rather popular, and the other being Nintendo-only.

Not to say it couldn't happen, but I doubt Microsoft would let Nintendo use their characters in a crossover game. Seems counterproductive.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Old responses!!!

Nah, Diddy is still my first love. <3
What can Diddy Kong do=??? The man likes 'em hairy!!! (I had to do it!!!) :awesome: :cool: :troll:
Fun fact: when I was a kid, I used my pocket money to buy Mario Party for the N64. After playing it a little I quickly changed my mind and the next day I traded it in for Super Smash Bros. Best decision game-wise I ever made.
I first played Smash 64 against my cousin at his house. I was on Thanksgiving vacation, and the game had come out not too long before. I unlocked Captain Falcon by accident for my cousin. Boy was I excited when I first played as him. Gotta love the man.

After I first played smash bros, I was gonna go buy that game with my allowance... until my grandparents surprised me with a present of a copy of one for Thanksgiving. They liked to give me presents for my half birthday, which was before

My dad bought me Mario Party after I recorded my first double double in a little league basketball game at the age of 7! :awesome: (apparently he is a basketball stats freak)

I still remember I got Donkey Kong 64, Pokémon Stadium, Hey You Pikachu!, Madden 99, NHL 99, NBA Courtside 2 Featuring Kobe Bryant, 007: Goldeneye, and Wave Race for that Christmas. After that, I never got more than 2 games at a time.

After that, I was gonna use my allowance to buy Mario Golf, but my parents got it for me after my cousin (not the same one I previously mentioned, but instead much bigger, and he has the personality and nose of a pig) broke my arm being a dumb a**. I hated being inside (I was a active child), but I had to stay inside and play something peaceful. Unfortunately, Mario Golf was made for RAGEEE!!!!

Ultimately, I spent my allowance money on... Pokémon Snap!

Ahh, the mind of a 7/8/9/however old I was year old! :laugh:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I knew that I pretty much tower Charizard though there goes my childhood dreams of flying it. Snorlax is still bigger than me.

And talking about Pokemon sizes, I still think Pikachu is too big.

Technically, if you refer to outside of Smash Bros, you CAN. But it's not WISE if it's not strong enough.

I saw Impa discussions. They were everywhere. It was like fruit flies eating carrots. I see that it was an unstoppable force that was tempered to even ask for Fat Impa...
...Thus I now declared war on that b**** T_T

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...Calm down, man. Although honestly, I'm sick of the talk too.

Likewise, Smash Bros. Canon outweighs any other game. Look at Giga Bowser, yeesh.

D

Deleted member

Cow Jumps Over the Moon and stuff.

OK, guys I want a well thought opinion on this: What's more important to you? The character's playstyle or the character itself?
The character itself by far.

Smash is different in that it emphasize on Nintendo's history and Nintendo characters. It is what makes discussing potential Nintendo characters so natural; because we as fans want a character in for themselves.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Character itself, for sure.

I like playstyles, they're interesting, and a bonus when a character gets a new unique one.

But I want Krystal 100% clone or Staff weilding fire ball blasting bad ***. It's about HER. (And I focus on her, because I don't care much about anyone else)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
...Calm down, man. Although honestly, I'm sick of the talk too.

Likewise, Smash Bros. Canon outweighs any other game. Look at Giga Bowser, yeesh.
I can't learn Calm Mind -.-'

Anyways, I think if Ridley gets in, Sakurai should F*** with the players and make his final smash Giga Ridley :troll:

Also, I'm getting that Rayquaza V-Create. Choice Scarf Set? Suuuuure!

Victini said:
Son of a *****...
Oh, we didn't forget you :awesome:

I'm out of my F***in mind today.

And FINALLY! Anyone who wants to face me, be ready today, after 12. PM/VM me your FC, and my FC is already posted (Post urs because idk if you wanna fight ._.)

D

Deleted member

Are there any characters you're willing to bet against getting in?

While no eligible characters really have "no chance", there are many eligible characters that are flat out unrealistic to expect to get in.

One of these characters I am willing to bet against getting in is Waluigi as there really isn't anything he has over Toad, Bowser Jr., or Paper Mario in likelihood. If he does get in, I will force myself to main him for being wrong.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
IMO, I think you guys need to sort out your priorities. I'm all for wanting, say, Tom Nook, but if there was nothing that could be given that was both faithful and would bring something new to the table, I would willingly say no to his inclusion. Take away that this is a crossover game and including characters that contribute little to nothing new to the game is like adding more and more shotos in Street Fighter.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

While no eligible characters really have "no chance", there are many eligible characters that are flat out unrealistic to expect to get in.

One of these characters I am willing to bet against getting in is Waluigi as there really isn't anything he has over Toad, Bowser Jr., or Paper Mario in likelihood. If he does get in, I will force myself to main him for being wrong.
I agree with your choice, but Tingle is my no-no.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Waluigi may not be too likely, but I'll take him if he does manage to pull through.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm betting against Sheik, Waluigi, Roy (although I do want him), Dr.Mario, Tingle and Ghirahim. Would say Toon Link to, but I see that as 50/50.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I should record a match from me Lol... Xblisx, are you free Wednesday, by chance? I'll be free for Wi-Fi, I think. That goes for all ya'll.
Sure let's play, since I'm not in school.

Hmmm.... Iblis hasn't jumped back on. Guess i'll wait. ^^

Also, very interesting argument SSBF pasted there. I'll be sure to consider it, but isn't he using patterns, which we agreed never to trust on the boards? :-P
Sorry about that. I have this lover's connection thing, I got severely sick yesterday and a couple minutes later I got a text telling me my girl got into a car accident. She's fine though, she only got whiplash, I'm in good enough condition to do critiques still haha and I think I'll be back to normal by tomorrow, I just have to fight off this headache.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa has no chance ;)
And this is why we can't have nice things.

Damn Iblis, good luck with your girlfriend. "Just" a whiplash is quite something though man... Hope she'll be al right.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
It's you guys like the fact that saying something degrading about Impa will cause the next 2-3 pages being her and her only.

@Diddy: Thanks, the doctor said the pain should be gone by Friday for her.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A whiplash is still nasty though, she might feel pain from it later on from it as well. Take good care of her ;)

Impa's chances are quite good I'd say. Not quite a Palutena yet, but definitely up there.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
What's more important to you? The character's playstyle or the character itself?
The sweetspot between the two. The character design throughout a paticular character's history of titles should have a deep influence over their fighting style.

I would venture to say that your Phoenix Wright example is a perfect compliment to this notion.

But then, I do have my own observations. 3:45

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
What N said, if a character can pull moves that comes from its gaming series and rolls up into an amazing playstyle that's ideal then.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Exactly like that yeah, the character comes first but if it plays exactly like the games it's a huge bonus to liking the character even more. Characters I like but fail in this regard are: Link (Melee was cool though, seemed to play quite like OoT Link, Brawl Link sucked), Ganondorf (Melee > Brawl again if only for the feel of his character that was sort of correctly done even if a clone), Ike (too strong, too slow, Roy's Fire Blade... Aether is weaker than regular attacks?) even Samus (too much physical except in Melee, sucky Screw Attack) Mario (weak fire balls, and imo weird specials, don't like Up Smash as a headbut either)

Yani: Why does it mather? SS is her most recent role. Unless you count OOT 3DS, but there she is sort of important to, at least no less than Sheik for the mather. It's not that it should mather, as she might very well become a staple to the series since SS. I wanna explain so much, but I'll be spoiling the hell out of SS, and that won't do. Believe me, I'm holding back... :D

So yeah, if it wasn't for SS, I wouldn't suggest Impa. But she to me seems to have everything and more that at the first place seemed to gave us Sheik for Melee. A long with Sheik being a one off, and being a character that likely will not ever return to Zelda (she is a disguise, if she returns in Zelda, she'd spoil the plot immediately) I see Impa as the much better rep for the Zelda series.

yani

Smash Lord
It matters because SS is the first game in the timeline. Impa is in her prime there. This reminds me of how Cranky Kong had the major role in the game Donkey Kong. He's still an important character, but he isn't fighting material. Impa has a different role every time, so her role is a one shot in that game imo.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Samus and Yoshi are beasts in B+

That hack is like taking 64 to the next level (I've tried most other versions to make that distinction).

@Ike

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Which makes her role in the game all the more important.
She is the Goddess Hylia's CHOSEN WARRIOR to protect her mortal form from evil, a long with Link (who is to take out evil itself, but that's cause of the Master Sword). It's very likely the Impa from SS is a warrior who fought in the greatest war between good and evil in the Zelda series ever. Check the SS story opening move.
She is not quite like Cranky Kong, because Cranky aged cause of time continunity in the series, as each DK game up to now has been taken place in the same era of time. Maybe a little 5~10 years have passed (Tiny's growth spurt, Wrinkly Kong's death) but it's nothing compared to the century gaps between all the Zelda games. Impa and Cranky aren't comparable, it's more like Impa and Toad. Always been around, had just a few major roles, protectors of the princess... You get it?

yani

Smash Lord
Which makes her role in the game all the more important.
She is the Goddess Hylia's CHOSEN WARRIOR to protect her mortal form from evil, a long with Link (who is to take out evil itself, but that's cause of the Master Sword). It's very likely the Impa from SS is a warrior who fought in the greatest war between good and evil in the Zelda series ever. Check the SS story opening move.
She is not quite like Cranky Kong, because Cranky aged cause of time continunity in the series, as each DK game up to now has been taken place in the same era of time. Maybe a little 5~10 years have passed (Tiny's growth spurt, Wrinkly Kong's death) but it's nothing compared to the century gaps between all the Zelda games. Impa and Cranky aren't comparable, it's more like Impa and Toad. Always been around, had just a few major roles, protectors of the princess... You get it?
It definitely is an important role, but as the huge gaps of time pass in the time line, her role seems to diminish. Link, Zelda, and Gannondorf always have the same role/appearance, while Impa doesn't. But anyway, at least we both know our points now, so I'm gonna stop debating for now because it's just a circle. Cheers! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom