• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh! Star, I actually have something to show you, it's a couple of videos from my last tournament. ^^

Here's a link to the page where you can find both links.

Lucas general thread

A nintendo assassin? Probably kill you if you leak information nintendo doesn't want leaked. :-P

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sheik is one of the really good characters in Smash. In the top tier in Melee, and still fairly good in Melee. She has no problems.

Now, Zelda herself, which needs quite a lot of work, yes. But removing Sheik from her is not going to help in any way or form.

I don't know why we can't just have an Impa costume like Peach has a Daisy costume and be done with it. She gets her technical playable rep. Boom, done. I mean, Captain Falcon has Blood Falcon too, so we can work with that kind of rep.
Considering that the two were designed to be worked in tandem, that could be the very thing that's holding Zelda back more than anything else. Zelda overspecializes in some areas and that's always a bad thing no matter how you spin it. Sheik, however, while being Zelda's opposite, has fared better in Smash's system (probably one reason why things need to change). Why am I repeating myself again?

Oh, any character can be "unique." That's not a problem. You've said yourself that any character can be made unique. It's completely true. But do they ADD something? Are they INTERESTING? Also, some characters don't have to be MADE unique. They already are. Like Isaac and the duck hunting dog aren't comparable. You actually have to try and make the dog something special, whereas with Isaac (and characters like him) it's immediately obvious that he brings something totally new to the roster.

I don't think that's the point you were even making, but I've been wanting to say that, lol.
It is true that any character can be unique, but how far are you willing to go to achieve that? Creative liberties are fine and dandy, but it's another when you take so many liberties to the point where they're that character in name only (Lucas is probably the biggest offender in Smash). IIRC, this was one thing that actually held Megaman back in MvC3 (but that's another topic).

Zelda- New down B is nayrus love and neutral b is light bow, but not as strong as final smash
I suggested a while back that she gets the Triforce column from the boss battle in Twilight Princess, acting as vertical zoning.

For those interested in the tiniest details that involve the words "Sakurai", "Wii U" and "Smash Bros". All in all we learned a good lesson. Apparently Yoshinori Ono is stalking Nintendo employees and is dying to do some kind of Nintendo cross over.
So it looks like Ono wants to do Nintendo vs. Capcom and DC vs. Marvel more than anything else. Well, the two are in high demand.

@asage
Nintendo vs. Capcom wouldn't be a Smash game at all (at least in name). It'd be more like a separate entity, especially if it can combine the Smash and Capcom fighter mechanics into one weird, cool entity.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh! Star, I actually have something to show you, it's a couple of videos from my last tournament. ^^

Here's a link to the page where you can find both links.

Lucas general thread

A nintendo assassin? Probably kill you if you leak information nintendo doesn't want leaked. :-P
Good job dude. I know when we had our bouts you were pretty rowdy. Sadly the lag was a pain, but it was still fun. ^_^

One tip. Use Lucas' Nair more often when leading into a character. Instead of rolling it will give you an opportunity to get into an offensive position. I like using it to create openings similarly to how I use my Ike. As far as I know it also would have stopped the arrows too, but I have not played Brawl in awhile so I am not positive on that.

Someone should steal that Blanka figure from him. Snatch and run.
I'd be careful doing that as there is no telling what powers Ono Jr. might possess...

So it looks like Ono wants to do Nintendo vs. Capcom and DC vs. Marvel more than anything else. Well, the two are in high demand.
Seems like he wishes to do Nintendo X Capcom pretty badly. He has competition with Nitsuma as well. So there is an internal rivalry of sorts. Such a game would make a lot of money, especially on the Wii U.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Who was it that sent someone an email and they actually got a response about a character they'd like to see in smash?

I'm not sure, I had a sneaky suspicion pit's arrows had higher priority than Lucas' Nair, but everyone is telling me to roll less and retreat with other things, so i'll try it.

And you're right, it does do better for an offensive position, unless the person expects it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I dunno, but Sakurai responded to an idea to make Charizard playable by saying he'd think it over.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I wish someone would send Sakurai and email asking him to remove the extra grab release frames on Lucas/ness. :D

Also, it'd actually be kinda nice if we had a representative of this thread, or even the boards, send him an email about what we, as a collective, want to see in sm4sh, along with debatable subjects and things to consider. For instance, it'd be nice to point out how there tends to be a debate about victini/zoroark. Remember, even if they don't fit your opinions, mention them. For instance, you could mention there is a bit of support for Impa, or perhaps waluigi, or maybe Krystal.

I dunno, that'd be kinda cool.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Luco: Careful, we don't want to attract any assassins...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Who was it that sent someone an email and they actually got a response about a character they'd like to see in smash?

I'm not sure, I had a sneaky suspicion pit's arrows had higher priority than Lucas' Nair, but everyone is telling me to roll less and retreat with other things, so i'll try it.

And you're right, it does do better for an offensive position, unless the person expects it.
Dunno. Probably was a farce though. As for your Lucas conundrum you could always try jumping back and than jumping forward into Lucas' Nair. There are ways to make a mind game out of it, granted you run the risk of tripping more (at least for me it appearss to), but it pays dividends sometimes. That is one advantage I have with R.O.B since his Nair is so powerful it more than outweighs that disadvantage.

As a side note, I know a technique with R.O.B that many people do not appear to, which gives me some surprises in battle. Of course you know about that one Luco. ;)

I wish someone would send Sakurai and email asking him to remove the extra grab release frames on Lucas/ness. :D

Also, it'd actually be kinda nice if we had a representative of this thread, or even the boards, send him an email about what we, as a collective, want to see in sm4sh, along with debatable subjects and things to consider. For instance, it'd be nice to point out how there tends to be a debate about victini/zoroark. Remember, even if they don't fir your opinions, mention them. For instance, you could mention there is a bit of support for Impa, or perhaps waluigi, or maybe Krystal.
Probably would end up in the same bin as some of the other fan movements of olden days. Everyone is trying to initiate their own personal Sons of Liberty group, but they do not ever work out nor reach the intended masses. It boils down to being a good way of wasting time and effort, sadly. The best shot we have is to wait until some kind of questionnaire is set up for the next Smash Bros and only hope English speakers have a chance to participate.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Dunno. Probably was a farce though. As for your Lucas conundrum you could always try jumping back and than jumping forward into Lucas' Nair. There are ways to make a mind game out of it, granted you run the risk of tripping more (at least for me it appearss to), but it pays dividends sometimes. That is one advantage I have with R.O.B since his Nair is so powerful it more than outweighs that disadvantage.

As a side note, I know a technique with R.O.B that many people do not appear to, which gives me some surprises in battle. Of course you know about that one Luco. ;)

Probably would end up in the same bin as some of the other fan movements of olden days. Everyone is trying to initiate their own personal Sons of Liberty group, but they do not ever work out nor reach the intended masses. It boils down to being a good way of wasting time and effort, sadly. The best shot we have is to wait until some kind of questionnaire is set up for the next Smash Bros and only hope English speakers have a chance to participate.
You used quite a few tricks that not a lot of people seem to know about. Which one are you referring to? *thinks*

Of course, you are the reason I hate Castle siege so much, mainly because it was with you I discovered sliding up the side of the stage there is a big no-no. :D

Hmm, i'll test it out a bit, see what I can do...

Also, the email wasn't to sakurai, and the guy proved it was real by putting up a pic. I know it's somewhere in these 5000 or so pages. :-P

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Also, it'd actually be kinda nice if we had a representative of this thread, or even the boards, send him an email about what we, as a collective, want to see in sm4sh, along with debatable subjects and things to consider. For instance, it'd be nice to point out how there tends to be a debate about victini/zoroark. Remember, even if they don't fit your opinions, mention them. For instance, you could mention there is a bit of support for Impa, or perhaps waluigi, or maybe Krystal.

I dunno, that'd be kinda cool.
Then Mewtwo would be even more of a sure thing. :awesome:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You used quite a few tricks that not a lot of people seem to know about. Which one are you referring to? *thinks*

Of course, you are the reason I hate Castle siege so much, mainly because it was with you I discovered sliding up the side of the stage there is a big no-no. :D

Hmm, i'll test it out a bit, see what I can do...

Also, the email wasn't to sakurai, and the guy proved it was real by putting up a pic. I know it's somewhere in these 5000 or so pages. :-P
Shhh... If I say them than they are no longer secrets, now are they?

I have heard nothing about an email. Than again even though I am here right now I have not been extraordinarily active with this thread so it would not surprise me if I missed something.

I really want to join that site. Unfortunately, ones with a free-email address (Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.) aren't allowed to join, so I have no idea.

But I know that ChronoBound is (under Snakey).
If you have a student email you can use that. I know this is really old.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yeah, I tend to be on when you're not :(

You can PM me? :D
Well that is because we live on two separate hemispheres. On top of that I am so busy with work of every kind and my own personal life I do not tend to be active often. Still I'll VM you or something.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well, thats actually a really interesting idea with Lucas, but i'd have to be sure to include his other moves. Oh! I DO know that both is Fair and his Dair at least block pit arrows.

Thats what i'll do. After I get your VM i'll try it out with my brother.

D

Deleted member

If you have a student email you can use that. I know this is really old.
If you mean a college e-mail address, I am still in high school and as such, currently have no way to join NeoGAF. I guess I can always wait until then.

I am starting to tire from this thread as well. I have said everything that I've already wanted to say and there are other things in life that I need to pay attention to. That with me not feeling so well and GameFAQs facepalm-worthy behavior recently just makes me want to take a break until we get news. The question is; will I actually do it? Not likely, but something I'll be keeping in mind.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I feel the same. But I couldn't possibly stay away. My blood would start itching. :awesome:

WHAT is with these red boxes?! I'm not even putting one.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
What is this blasphemy? *gasp* The BUTLER did it! :awesome:

Why does it keep doing that?! And now it stopped! WHAT DARK MAGIC IS THIS?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hmmm, I have an idea.

I've said before that I wish everyone could just make their own roster image instead of a BIG LONG list, aaand I think that would be possible without too much trouble? Someone could make little character icons like you'd see on a select screen. Y'know, have them separated from each other instead of in one big image. THEN make a blog thread post THING with all the little icons in one place for easy access. Then you could just copy and paste the characters' URLs and make your own roster image without having to take a step inside MS Paint or whatever.

I would do it, but the little icons I make are ugly. Gross.
I'll probably try it anyway.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Serebii:
For those of you with the English language games, a new WiFi event has been revealed. This WiFi event offers the special legendary Pokémon Mewtwo and will presumably have stats and moves that match the one in Japan last October. This Mewtwo had the special move Electro Ball as well as the standard Mewtwo moves of Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere and its signature move: Psystrike. This WiFi event runs from February 12th 2012 with no end date announced. This event has so far only been announced for the US, but the English games run off of the same WiFi servers so it's incredibly likely that the Mewtwo will be distributed then. We'll provide more detail as they come

Yes... My Uber team is almost finished with this Mewtwo coming out :grin:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Face it naysayers, Mewtwo is definitely gonna be in Sm4sh.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hmmm, I have an idea.

I've said before that I wish everyone could just make their own roster image instead of a BIG LONG list, aaand I think that would be possible without too much trouble? Someone could make little character icons like you'd see on a select screen. Y'know, have them separated from each other instead of in one big image. THEN make a blog thread post THING with all the little icons in one place for easy access. Then you could just copy and paste the characters' URLs and make your own roster image without having to take a step inside MS Paint or whatever.

I would do it, but the little icons I make are ugly. Gross.
I'll probably try it anyway.
Well I have this.

I presented it before just to see what people say. It is not what I think is likely; but simply a way for me gather some reactions from people. For my own reasons. More or less to see what people pick apart to death. In this sense it is a scientific examination of sorts, and my experiment is at work.

If you would like to borrow a similar design I did for the brackets I could send you a template and you could adjust it how you see fit.

yani

Smash Lord
Serebii:
For those of you with the English language games, a new WiFi event has been revealed. This WiFi event offers the special legendary Pokémon Mewtwo and will presumably have stats and moves that match the one in Japan last October. This Mewtwo had the special move Electro Ball as well as the standard Mewtwo moves of Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere and its signature move: Psystrike. This WiFi event runs from February 12th 2012 with no end date announced. This event has so far only been announced for the US, but the English games run off of the same WiFi servers so it's incredibly likely that the Mewtwo will be distributed then. We'll provide more detail as they come

Yes... My Uber team is almost finished with this Mewtwo coming out :grin:
AWESOME! What's your uber team?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well I have this.

I presented it before just to see what people say. It is not what I think is likely; but simply a way for me gather some reactions from people. For my own reasons. More or less to see what people pick apart to death. In this sense it is a scientific examination of sorts, and my experiment is at work.
The only thing I disagree with is Ghirahim. This roster is probs the best I've ever seen... Just missing a Paper Plumber. :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm missing Dixie, and Chrome. And Takamaru. Disagree heavily with the Mii

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I might want to throw my two cents about Pkmn events. Yes, they are showing activity on Mewtwo, but this is because of the annie. Zoroark, Shiny Egg Dragons, V-Quaza, The popularity poll... All are connected to this. Well, not Zoroark, but he was close to the scene.

I'm not saying it doesn't make a difference to his standings for Sm4sh, but it's also not pointing out he's important. Sadly no, he isn't at present point. Think about it. When's the last time we've seen Mewtwo in a HUGE scene that got recognition? That would be Melee. Melee was how many years ago? Though my stand on Popularity over relevence stands, and I wanna see Lucario VS Mewtwo, some things that relate doesn't mean it relates to Sm4sh. Just sayin'.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I hear they're good. I'm pretty sure that mewtwo is second on the top 100 popular pokemon of all time.

Also I would LOVE to have mewtwo, that'd be awesome, unfortunately I have Platinum, not white :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom