• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yes... hopefully one stage from Kirby's Epic Yarn and one stage from Kirby's Return to Dream Land.... NOT two stages from Kirby's Return to Dream Land. I like the differences in art styles. ;)
Well that is what I was insinuating. Epic Yarn just seems like something that would be very creative, and something he tends to gravitate towards. Then obviously Return to Dream Land after that. Couple that with the return of The Halberd and I think Kirby as a series is pretty much wrapped up.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I sometimes feel as though I'm the only one who has pretty much never changed their avatar. Actually, I did, from my original Lucas pic to the Lucas/Claus one star made for me. Apart from that original change, I doubt i'm going to be changing my avatar anytime soon. :-P

Arcade, looking at your avatar reminds me, there IS a pokemon center (not, literally, as in, more like a shopping mall kind of center) in Japan, isn't there? Is it in Osaka?
Just gonna re-iterate this, my assumption here is correct yes?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I do not know how much this matters, but I just found out Kirby's Return to Dreamland did really REALLY well globally. I'm actually shocked. Definitely think this means we will be seeing two new Kirby stages in the next game.
How much? Did it compare to DKCR?

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Bad Box Art Mega Man for Sm4sh! It's the latest Mega Man, and we all know relevance is the biggest thing for characters. :troll:

No but seriously. If BBAMM is in Sm4sh, I'd insta-main him.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
How much? Did it compare to DKCR?

Donkey Kong Country Returns moved about 4 million copies within the first month. Right now it [Kirby] has sold about 1.12 million copies globally. It is still going strong right now, so it would not be unreasonable to think it will approach the 2-2.5 million mark towards the end of the year.

Another interesting statistical find is that Skyward Sword has really appeared to taper off in Japan where as in America it is still performing strongly.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The leakers that were truthful did not start happening until the second half of 2007. By then Brawl was mostly complete, and probably in the debugging phase.

I am not expecting any leaks this early, so we will probably not know anything about what the newcomer Pokemon for Smash 4 are until the second half of 2014 at the earliest.
Yeah, the game is doing pretty good. It's should also be noted it's doing well in Japan.

Also, surprised no one is talking about this nugget.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Well I am, surprisingly for a class of mine that deals with analysis. What in particular are you trying to highlight? There are a lot of pages after all.
The income statement. Nintendo reported a 48 billion yen loss in Q3. I would go in depth with it, but they only have an income statement and nothing else.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The income statement. Nintendo reported a 48 billion yen loss in Q3. I would go in depth with it, but they only have an income statement and nothing else.
I noticed that. They have suffered a huge loss originating from the mishandling of the 3DS. They also announced the break even point is going to fall around the end of the year. Whether that is too long I have no idea. I have only begun learning about break even points and all that economic feasibility stuff.

The real news of the night is Nintendo's elaboration on Nintendo Network:
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=170837

On top of this Nintendo announced they were partnering with external companies that were "not originally thought about" in there terms. I am wondering if this is an allusion to a further announcement of something like Steam or OnLive? Perhaps, dare I even say it, Apple partnership?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I noticed that. They have suffered a huge loss sparked from the botching of the 3DS. They also announced the break even point is going to fall around the end of the year. Whether that is too long I have no idea, I have only begun learning about break even points and all that economic feasibility stuff.
It just sucks for them because they have wasted the best years of the 3DS. The whole "Take a lose on the system," could work out if Nintendo was making it back with their games, but nothing is preforming (I'd even say there is a bigger core problem as their games can't make the gap or even push the system). The 3DS will receive less support and less sales as time goes on and more people have it. You can consider the first 20 million units wasted and they'll only make profits after that.

BTW, what are you studying.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It just sucks for them because they have wasted the best years of the 3DS. The whole "Take a lose on the system," could work out if Nintendo was making it back with their games, but nothing is preforming (I'd even say there is a bigger core problem as their games can't make the gap or even push the system). The 3DS will receive less support and less sales as time goes on and more people have it. You can consider the first 20 million units wasted and they'll only make profits after that.

BTW, what are you studying.
Their biggest problem with the 3DS I feel resides in the fact that their "launch window" strategy did not push the system like it should have. There was only one game at launch that was worth getting in my opinion, and even than it was a port of an already existing game. This did not do them any favors when most people do not even know the 3DS is a new system. Believe me I know how widespread of an issue is I had to deal with those customers who passed on the system because "they already have a DS". Nintendo did not really do themselves any favors. I at least know I managed to convince a couple of people to purchase some 3DS systems instead of an XL. Nintendo, I am expecting my check in the mail.

I am majoring in Information Technology, but right now I am going through a system analysis course as required by my degree program. It deals with a little bit of business but more from the IT stand point. Still, it is very business oriented.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah, i'd get a 3DS, but I'm gonna wait for Wii-U because, frankly, I just don't have the money to get both unless I get a job, and I have no idea where to start looking after the place I wanted to work didn't have any openings :facepalm:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
But seriously, I'm hoping the 3DS will receive it's due once smash is released on it, although admittedly it might be hard to have a fighting game such as smash on it, but high hopes are raised. Here's hoping.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
alright, so apparently it was part of inafune's idea during the time when he devised MegaMan Universe
http://www.themmnetwork.com/2012/01...ll-before-everything-went-to-hell/#more-12418
had it not been cancelled (as well as legends 3) the megaman fans would not have reacted the way they did. it's bad timing is what it was. as a megaman fan, i can see past the fury... although i wont be buying the game... will wait for TKxSF...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Sakurai's a pretty talented guy. Wrote new lyrics for Fire Emblem's theme, and they're actually rather poetic.

****ing fanboy.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Cool thought for smash 3ds- for a victory pose thing, captain falcon does a FALCON PUNCH at the screen in 3D.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
...*yawn* What's good?

Anyone seeing this Pac Man thing on the game recently spoke about? (I forgot the name) What in god's name is he riding? I'm still trying to figure that out.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
^ I'm guessing it's supposed to be some kinda Mokujin-like vehicle Pac-Man is riding on (Mokujin is a character from Tekken if you don't already know, BTW)

I'm still gonna main him and BBAMM

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
^ I'm guessing it's supposed to be some kinda Mokujin-like vehicle Pac-Man is riding on (Mokujin is a character from Tekken if you don't already know, BTW)

I'm still gonna main him and BBAMM
...Alrighty then. Yeah, I think I'll skip this game Lol... From Bad Box Mega Man to Pac Man purpose-defeating... I'll wait for something else >_>

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Honestly, I'm more excited for the Namco version at this point

BUT... I'm still gonna get SFxT. I GOTTA PLAY AS DAT PAC-MAN. Pac is my homie

Oh, yeah and Law and Kazuya and Chun-Li and Bison and whatnot

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Metal
Just so you know, he and BBAMegaman are looking to be exclusive to the Sony platforms in case you didn't notice.

I got Xiaoyu, King, Julia, Poison, and Juri at the very least. Here's to hoping we get Christie, Leo, Elena, and Alisa.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Metal
Just so you know, he and BBAMegaman are looking to be exclusive to the Sony platforms in case you didn't notice.

I got Xiaoyu, King, Julia, Poison, and Juri at the very least. Here's to hoping we get Christie, Leo, Elena, and Alisa.
You and your pink hairs.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Their biggest problem with the 3DS I feel resides in the fact that their "launch window" strategy did not push the system like it should have. There was only one game at launch that was worth getting in my opinion, and even than it was a port of an already existing game. This did not do them any favors when most people do not even know the 3DS is a new system. Believe me I know how widespread of an issue is I had to deal with those customers who passed on the system because "they already have a DS". Nintendo did not really do themselves any favors. I at least know I managed to convince a couple of people to purchase some 3DS systems instead of an XL. Nintendo, I am expecting my check in the mail.
I disagree. For one, they had Nintendogs, one of the biggest games for the 3DS. The point of that game was to get DS owners to migrate to the new system. But it didn't do it. Also, if the launch window was the big problem, than the problem would have reversed come Christmas. But Nintendo had to subsidize the 3DS and take a lose. You wouldn't do this unless there was a bigger problem.

I think the problem is more at the company's core. You can see this as NI over the last 5 years has declines, resulting in a lose for this year. During the Gamecube years, they never had a loss. They were always profitable. Now it's a different story.

As an aside, money is always a big player. Miyamoto's retirement was a result of Nintendo's financial position. Either they told him what to do and he didn't like it (and stepped down) or was demoted and told the press he was retiring. Also, I expoect a big blow out for the Wii U. Nintendo needs that system to be a hit.

I am majoring in Information Technology, but right now I am going through a system analysis course as required by my degree program. It deals with a little bit of business but more from the IT stand point. Still, it is very business oriented.
That's cool. Technology stuff is always good. Good to hear they talk about break even points though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Did you guys see the bio for Pac-Man in SFxTK?

Dot Eater

A living being whose origin and motive are wrapped in mystery. It is an omnivorous life form that consumes anything in its path. No matter what happens, its smile never leaves its face. It is not known what it is thinking or what its motives are, but it is certainly heading towards the box.

That's pretty scary considering this is Pac-Man we're talking about.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I was planning on getting the PS3 version anyway

So... with that MML3 game being canceled, Mega Man not being in MvC3 or UMvC3, and us getting the BBA version of MM in SFxT, I wonder what kind of trolling Capcom could do with MM if he gets in Smash

@Pac-Man bio- Lol. Who wants to bet Pac-Man is revealed about the mastermind behind the whole Pandora deal

IIRC, they said the story wouldn't be all that serious, anyway.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That roster needs more Bara Megaman.
Oh, I second that motion. Smash needs more Bara Man. :troll:

Did you guys see the bio for Pac-Man in SFxTK?

Dot Eater

A living being whose origin and motive are wrapped in mystery. It is an omnivorous life form that consumes anything in its path. No matter what happens, its smile never leaves its face. It is not known what it is thinking or what its motives are, but it is certainly heading towards the box.

That's pretty scary considering this is Pac-Man we're talking about.
Awesome. Got a link to that bio? Not sure what they meant by "towards the box". The box with the ghosts? What's the box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom