• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I don't see why people should be pissed at this.
Mega Man shouldn't have been in the game AT ALL. (Same with Pac-Man)
Yet people are whining and crying because it's not the Mega Man they want?

And they blame Capcom as a whole on this, yet it was Inafune, Mega Man's creator that wanted this. This is essentially his last Capcom hurrah; let him have this.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
It still amazes me that Inafune wanted this. I mean didn't he stop to think that his fans will go absolutely ape**** over this?

D

Deleted member

When he decided on this with Ono, Legends 3 and Universe hadn't been cancelled yet.

So this version of Mega Man ended up being a product of bad timing.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
From this point on, we must refer to Bad Box Art Mega Man as the REAL Mega Man

That swagger-jackin' piece of scrap metal that USED to be called Mega Man can now be called Rockman like he was supposed to be

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I give up. It's hopeless. They have left Megaman in despair.

:phone:
What do you mean? Capcom left Mega Man to despair?

It's all in the fanboys' heads. Capcom doesn't hate Mega Man. The fanboys think Capcom does hate because of the cancellations of Mega Man Legends 3 and Mega Man Universe... and the decision to put in MegaMan Volnutt in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom over Classic Mega Man, Zero (with a Mega Man X alternate costume) in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 over Mega Man X, Bad Box Art Mega Man in Street Fighter X Tekken over Classic Mega Man. To me, they come off looking whiny and childish because they are too anal about Mega Man.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Metal: Hohooy, makes a lot of sense.
(-lvl-)

Arkadenik: I can quite see that, but I'm somewhat missing the classic/mainstream Mega too.

BTW, I'm soo happy of hearing Centurions will be back in Uprising. Yay for Greek Gradius Option Reinforcements!!!

Also got hooked on Sonic Advance 3 again... I totally forgot how EPICLY CATCHY the soundtrack was, even if for being all GBA-sound.

D

Deleted member

From this point on, we must refer to Bad Box Art Mega Man as the REAL Mega Man

That swagger-jackin' piece of scrap metal that USED to be called Mega Man can now be called Rockman like he was supposed to be
QFMFT.

10chars.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I still feel that announcing that Mega Man will be a playable character in Smash 4 would be the perfect way to celebrate the 25th anniversary.
This man understands me! :grin:
This is the v2 of my roster. Let's see if this works...

It's a bit sloppy, but I don't think that matters that much. Credit to Mario_and_Sonic_Guy for most of the pics.
Holy crap, a new poster with a good roster=??? SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!
9.5/10.
Yeah, the game is doing pretty good. It's should also be noted it's doing well in Japan.

Also, surprised no one is talking about this nugget.
Meah Nintendo had it's first quarterly loss (I think it said 3%). So what. Nintendo will bounce back. The company my father used to work for had constant "plus 30%, down 35%" quarterly reports for half a decade, and lost money (about 3% or so) every quarter for three years after that. Then after that, BAM! 30% quarterly gains made it worth it.

If this becomes a frequent happening (Nintendo losing money), then it is a huge story. The fact Nintendo has been near invulnerable in this recession economic climate up until now shows how solid of a company they are. Sony lost money for several years straight (although it made 'em billions in the end).

Also, Ugly Mega Man 1 box art Mega Man needs to be one of Mega Man's alternate outfits in smash. :troll:

But for realZ, at least Capcom is FINALLY recognizing Mega Man in the past 2 years. *waits for regular Mega Man to be a paid DLC alternate outfit for Capcom X Tekken*

D

Deleted member

Mah latest Roster, based on information I gathered here.
(Don't worry, I have a Rockman version for the crybabies as well...)

Clarifications:
1. Dr. Mario is a bonus character selected LIKE an alternate costume, but with his own name and his differences from vanilla Mario like in Melee.
2. Overalls Wario is still just a costume. No changes between him and WarioWare Wario.
3. Zero Suit Samus still works the same as in Brawl.
4. Character artworks are made to be some of the more recent ones available. So excuse the SS Zelda with OoT Sheik.
5. Krystal is only there because people were saying that Sakurai is interested in her. If this is actually false, I'm replacing Krystal with another character.

D

Deleted member

If I take out Krystal, it's going to be with Starfy, who will be next to Dedede, pushing Olimar and the StarFox guys down one.

EDIT: This is because I would keep Isaac/Matthew with the rest of the RPG guys. These actually have Set themes.

Row 1: Mario and Co.
Row 2: Famicon
Row 3: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
Row 4: RPG
Row 5: G&W and 3rd Parties

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Operation Rainfall is at it again, this time for The Last Story.

Do your part, and tell Nintendo how you feel~

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I would totally buy Golden's roster. It has all of the characters I REALLLLY WANT with solid chances.

@ Psycho
If we start posting music, Donkey Kong Country 2's music will win everything. Let's keep an even playing field. That's like pulling out Melee Fox against like Brawl Toon Link bro in Brawl bro. That isn't fair. All you gotta do is shine and win like a cheapie cheap player... :bee:

D

Deleted member

I have my reasons for a lack of both. And it has nothing to do with Japan, actually.

1. Isaac: I honestly don't feel that a character from Golden is likely. And if one was to get in, I would bet more on Matthew than Isaac. Isaac may have the demand, but when it comes to 2nd Parties, they typically have a voice (GameFreak and Intelligent Systems proved this with Lucario and Ike). Camelot is pushing Dark Dawn as the start of the "main story" with Matthew as the "main hero". Chances are, Camelot will want Matthew instead.

2. Little Mac: Sakurai denied using the Urban Champion for a specific reason. Because he didn't have much to offer to make an interesting moveset.
I fear for Mac in this regard, will be in the same boat. I mean, what has he shown to do?
Let's see. He mostly punches. Not all that interesting. He's got a SUPER uppercut. Still not too terribly interesting. He...goes Hulk on people, ok, we're getting some FS opportunities here.
While Mac would be interesting to us, looking at Sakurai's point of view, he might be too bland. I AM willing to add in Mac, however, as Krystal's replacement if need be. Mac I'm more lenient with because I would like to see him myself. Problem is, I have doubts about him...
If people can show me otherwise on how Sakurai may view Little Mac, then I'll be all for taking out someone (most likely Krystal) to add Mac. Either that, or I'll expand the bottom row to include him there for not fitting in the other categories, as well as another character I've talked about that I wanted....but not a GS character. That would imply taking out either Roy, Mewtwo, Lucario, or Zoroark, and I ain't doing that.

I would like to point out however, that just because a character is heavily requested doesn't mean they are a shoe-in unless other things arise.
Geno is a prime example of this.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Mah latest Roster, based on information I gathered here.
(Don't worry, I have a Rockman version for the crybabies as well...)

Clarifications:
1. Dr. Mario is a bonus character selected LIKE an alternate costume, but with his own name and his differences from vanilla Mario like in Melee.
2. Overalls Wario is still just a costume. No changes between him and WarioWare Wario.
3. Zero Suit Samus still works the same as in Brawl.
4. Character artworks are made to be some of the more recent ones available. So excuse the SS Zelda with OoT Sheik.
5. Krystal is only there because people were saying that Sakurai is interested in her. If this is actually false, I'm replacing Krystal with another character.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Golden
Have you ever played Urban Champion=???

I did once, and I forgot all about it, other than it being somewhat bad.

Punch Out, on the other hand, is a classic game/series. Little Mac has got all kinds of stuff he could use for a moveset (yes, that includes a variation of punches). Plus, he could take some moves here and there from various Punch-Out!! opponents if need be.

And I'm pretty sure Matthew would get boo'ed louder than Pichu in Melee, which is why I think Golden Sun will again be a no show.

Also, Sakurai had no idea who Krystal was until people voted for her in the Brawl poll. I am pretty sure he isn't motivated at all to add her. I think he added Wolf and Falco because they "fit" smash bros perfectly, and because I think Sakurai has a serious love affair with Star Fox 64 (and because only like 10 people actually still play Star Fox games that aren't the original Star Fox, it's cancelled sequel that still got release, its' remake, and its' remakes' remake).

D

Deleted member

I am well aware of what Mac CAN do (I own the Wii game, and I find it to be very enjoyable), and I know that it wouldn't be farfetched for him to borrow his opponent's techniques (except for some, like Great Tiger...), but does Sakurai?

The fact that Sakurai didn't know about Krystal before Brawl, though gives me ammunition to get rid of her. But...who was it that said that Sakurai showed interest after he knew about her....?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Camelot will bomb themselves just to rubble that forced mediocre sequel continuity on fans. Isaac > Matthew.

Would Sakurai even be interested on Matthew more than Isaac, anyway?

D

Deleted member

So far, I'm more inclined to replace Krystal with Little Mac.
All in favor say aye. All opposed say nay.

As for why he's in the SPAAAAAACE row, here will be my excuse: Mr. Dream is from Dreamland; Kirby is from Dreamland. Mac makes people see stars and stars are his overall gimmick. Stars are in space.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Wasn't MOVE the first glimpse of psynergy you see in Golden Sun? Sakurai so lazy.

For some reason I keep thinking Move is called Judgment? No idea why.

Aye & lol @ Ponyboy.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I am well aware of what Mac CAN do (I own the Wii game, and I find it to be very enjoyable), and I know that it wouldn't be farfetched for him to borrow his opponent's techniques (except for some, like Great Tiger...), but does Sakurai?

The fact that Sakurai didn't know about Krystal before Brawl, though gives me ammunition to get rid of her. But...who was it that said that Sakurai showed interest after he knew about her....?
Little Mac has a lot to go off of just by the fact that he's a boxer, a fighting style that has existed for hundreds of years. he also has other FG counterparts like Balrog, Dudley, and Steve to go to for inspiration.

For Krystal, the interest is implied, not stated. Sakurai has acknowledged her combat skills in both her trophy and when Krystal tells off Slippy and Peppy saying she's the only one who would stand a fighting chance in the fights in Smash. I don't think Wolf's inclusion had to do with an infatuation for SF64 so much that Sakurai didn't know about Krystal until after he decided the roster which was just a very bad move on his part.

D

Deleted member

I think Wolf's inclusion may be due to the fact he was really popular (moreso than Krystal), and because Sakurai likes Wolf [citation needed].

D

Deleted member

Fun Fact: Fox was one of the first four characters created for Smash Bros.
You mean, it wasn't the typical 4 we see? (Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu)?
Is Captain Falcon considered one of the first? (Due to using the character model of the prototype game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom