• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Yeah, I remember reading that article right around when the "leaks" came out and figured it had something to do with Sable Prince, but with the leaks being pretty much busted, that comment is all ambiguous again.

Although, I feel like assuming that it refers to Takamaru or Mach Rider is stretching it a bit. It really could be ANY oldschool character that he wants to revive.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
But that's not the case. -_-
What was said that if the game ever got a sequel, he'd probably get in Smash.
What this implies is that having a sequel would give him more of a chance than not having one.
Not that he HAS to have a sequel to have any sort of chance.

Why people always say that he will only be considered with a sequel, I have no idea...
Because what Sakurai really said and really meant have become misconstrued as time goes on. I know what I hear. *shrugs*

yani

Smash Lord
Honestly, I don't feel that Mach Rider OR Takamaru have that much of a chance. I mean, I know they're both Nintendo history, but unless Sakurai's suddenly taken a liking to them, I don't really see either happening.

Quick update to my roster, replacing Sukapon with Ray 01.

And @ Diddy, DKC is most definitely NOT a bigger series than Kirby. And honestly, I wouldn't exactly consider it bigger than Starfox either. It's a great series, don't get me wrong, but bigger than Starfox and Kirby? No way.

Also, Doc and Dixie are in the roster, but as Alt Costumes. So, technically, you're still getting both.
I'd cut Jr. for Dixie and give Sheik her spot back. Impa isn't a good choice.

Also - a Boshi costume probably won't happen. I think Square owns him.. right?

D

Deleted member

Keep everything secret. Genius.

Makes the salt that results when Goomba is a playable character all the more....saltier. :troll:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Found a really good Bandana Dee moveset. The person did a great job of integrating all of Waddle Dee's personas and appearances into one. Truly the best thing to come out of Gamefaqs in a long long time. The user even drew pictures.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Honestly, I don't feel that Mach Rider OR Takamaru have that much of a chance. I mean, I know they're both Nintendo history, but unless Sakurai's suddenly taken a liking to them, I don't really see either happening.

Quick update to my roster, replacing Sukapon with Ray 01.

And @ Diddy, DKC is most definitely NOT a bigger series than Kirby. And honestly, I wouldn't exactly consider it bigger than Starfox either. It's a great series, don't get me wrong, but bigger than Starfox and Kirby? No way.

Also, Doc and Dixie are in the roster, but as Alt Costumes. So, technically, you're still getting both.
Oh well, its much bigger indeed though. The first DKC on SNES alone likely outsells the whole StarFox franchise, and it has quite a lot of more games. DKCR outsold Return to Dreamland as well, and DKC is more well known than Kirby to. Look up sales. Up untill the end of the N64, Donkey Kong was a bigger series than even Zelda as well, and even now, DKCR > Skyward Sword in sales.

Besides that, Dixie is no alternate costume possibility, as she fights nothing like Diddy, and lacks a tail. Besides, Diddy already has Dixies color scheme as an alternate costume, but that doesn't do it. Dixie deserves her own spot if Kirby and StarFox can get a new comer, and Mario gets 2 (again).

Impa remains awesome, but you don't get me fully agreeing without Dixie and Chrome over Roy (till the point I've actually seen Roy in a new international game or proof his game is being remade).

Oh yeah, add Takamaru to.

:phone:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I posted a while back on my roster (prior to replacing Krystal with Little Mac) that the one who makes my Roster images uses the latest official artworks for characters, except when necessary (such as using Brawl artwork for Ice Climbers, Snake, G&W, etc.)

Zelda's latest artwork is from SS. Sheik's is from OoT.
Doesn't mean I view that it's the way it should be. If I was a hardass about what they would look like, I would keep the TP designs on my Roster due to the Wii U being similar.

@All who missed my Roster: Here it is again. (Don't worry, there is a Rockman version too, if you have that much a problem with Mega MAN.)
I am going to look at your roster here, as there are differences from that on Youtube.

Dixie Kong: I have had a change of heart regarding DK. I am in favor of adding 1 new character, K Rool. It should not, however, get 4 characters. I reccomend you remove dixie kong immediately, in favor of a more deserving character *cough*StarfyIsaacRay*Cough*.

LoZ: It is very concerning that LoZ has fewer characters than mario or pokemon. I reccomend Tingle, possibly in exchange for dixie.

Takamaru: I honestly have no idea why anyone even seriously considers Takamaru. He has 1 extremely obscure Japan-only game, and 2 cameos, one of which is in a japan only game. Nobody outside the smash community has heard of him. Heck, I would put Sakura Samurai in over Takamaru, at least he would represent downloaded games for the Wii and Ds's. I highly reccomend you remove him *coughStarfyIsaacRay*cough*

I am glad you stopped putting in a 2nd Kid Icarus character. Kudos.

Mach Rider: I used to have the ExciteBiker in my roster. I think a bike based moveset could be amazing, especially ones with machine guns.

Goroh: While better than Shadow, I still do not reccomend adding a 2nd F-Zero Character.

Saki: Ok on his own, but your roster has a concerning deficit of Starfy and Isaac. We've debated this on Youtube, but I still stand on my osition That Starfy and Isaac take priority over Saki.

You have more pokemon characters than Mario characters... WHY!!!??? Mario is 3 times as big as Pokemon. There is simply no excuse for this. You've got 48 characters, you can afford to add a mario and LoZ character.

Who on Earth is next to Sonic?

Overall, this is not a bad roster. I give it a 7.8/10.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Remove Dixie Kong? Seriously?

I can understand thinking that one character is enough, but having both K. Rool and Dixie is not something that needs to be CHANGED. Dixie Kong is very much entitled to a spot, moreso than any Starfy, Isaac, or Ray. I don't even know anything about those characters besides where they originate and what they look like.

yani

Smash Lord
Probably a dumb question, but what is the difference between a first party developer and a second party developer?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Palutena and / or Medusa are likely though. I haven't counted yet, but I DO see room for 3 Kid Icarus, 4 DKC, 4 StarFox, 4 Kirby, 3/4 Fire Emblem and 6 Mario & Zelda characters. So removing Dixie, over all these others won't do.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
I'd cut Jr. for Dixie and give Sheik her spot back. Impa isn't a good choice.
You'd cut Junior over Toad? If I ended up cutting either it'd be Toad considering the factors against him. Besides, Pokemon having 6 characters and Mario having only 5 would feel so strange. I mean, I know Pokemon sells more, but Mario is the FACE of Nintendo and possibly even of gaming itself. Junior's also been a recurring and important villain since Sunshine, and while Toad's been there since the beginning, it's just been all supporting roles where he does effectively nothing (Outside of SMB2 and Wario's Woods).

And regarding the Impa/Sheik debate, I know this is gonna put me on the wrong side of a bunch of people, but I feel like Impa is the better choice over Sheik at this point. What I don't think people realize about Impa is that, in Smash she would BE Sheik. Same moveset, same animations, everything. Just a different name and model. She did far more in Skyward Sword than Sheik did in OoT. She actually fights in Skyward Sword, whereas the only thing Sheik did that could be considered fighting is throwing a Deku Nut. That, and Impa already has a direct connection to SS Zelda, and could be considered her "Sheik". The only things I feel Sheik has going for her is Veteranhood and OoT3DS, and I feel that'd only put her in line for the 3DS Smash. My roster includes Sheik as an Alt Costume for Impa anyways.

So basically, Junior and Impa are staying, and Dixie is definitely being considered.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Dixie Kong
Isaac
Takamaru
Samurai Goroh
Mii
Shulk
Little Mac
Lip
Any Pokémon besides Mewtwo and Pokémon Trainer
Any Fire Emblem character besides Ephraim

All of these characters have one thing in common. They are boring. Blegh.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think second party companies are companies that are subsidiares of a larger publisher/company but the difference is second party devs own their series while first party devs don't

Pretty much.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think second party companies are companies that are subsidiares of a larger publisher/company but the difference is second party devs own their series that they produce while first party devs don't own the series

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
A thing to add would be the ability to program CPUs to keep using certin moves over and over in training. This would allow people to create combos, strategies etc and study strengths and weaknesses in certain moves.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Good, add Chrome (or replace with Roy) Palutena, Takamaru and Isaac and we're cool. Also, agreeing fully on Impa. But I'm the main Impa supporter here so...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
A thing to add would be the ability to program CPUs to keep using certin moves over and over in training. This would allow people to create combos, strategies etc and study strengths and weaknesses in certain moves.
YES! It can also used for analyzing DI followups and there should be an option to make it where you can choose the opponent's tech roll/DI directions. A lot of fighting games have this now and it makes finding stuff a hell of a lot easier.

yani

Smash Lord
You'd cut Junior over Toad? If I ended up cutting either it'd be Toad considering the factors against him. Besides, Pokemon having 6 characters and Mario having only 5 would feel so strange. I mean, I know Pokemon sells more, but Mario is the FACE of Nintendo and possibly even of gaming itself. Junior's also been a recurring and important villain since Sunshine, and while Toad's been there since the beginning, it's just been all supporting roles where he does effectively nothing (Outside of SMB2 and Wario's Woods).

And regarding the Impa/Sheik debate, I know this is gonna put me on the wrong side of a bunch of people, but I feel like Impa is the better choice over Sheik at this point. What I don't think people realize about Impa is that, in Smash she would BE Sheik. Same moveset, same animations, everything. Just a different name and model. She did far more in Skyward Sword than Sheik did in OoT. She actually fights in Skyward Sword, whereas the only thing Sheik did that could be considered fighting is throwing a Deku Nut. That, and Impa already has a direct connection to SS Zelda, and could be considered her "Sheik". The only things I feel Sheik has going for her is Veteranhood and OoT3DS, and I feel that'd only put her in line for the 3DS Smash. My roster includes Sheik as an Alt Costume for Impa anyways.

So basically, Junior and Impa are staying, and Dixie is definitely being considered.
@Mario characters, it's really just personal preference, I'm not a fan of Jr. But I do think Pokemon will probably have one more slot then Mario does, because there's so many to choose from. There's no reason to cut any Pokemon characters we have now, plus there is huge demand for Mewtwo back, and odds are Gamefreak will want the latest gen to have a rep too.

@Impa/Sheik I'm just going to say I don't think we'll be seeing the SS models, and Impa only has one important role, and does little to nothing in every other game she's in, so it's pointless IMO.

Dixie is a solid choice though, no if ands or buts ! :awesome:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think second party companies are companies that are subsidiares of a larger publisher/company but the difference is second party devs own their series that they produce while first party devs don't own the series
Ahh okay, thanks pal :D

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Good, add Chrome (or replace with Roy) Palutena, Takamaru and Isaac and we're cool. Also, agreeing fully on Impa. But I'm the main Impa supporter here so...

I'll give you this. At least Impa would not be a boring character. Which is more important to me than anything else. I'd rather have characters I do not like that are unique and interesting than every character I like that is boring.

This is why I prefer stages.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dixie Kong
Isaac
Takamaru
Samurai Goroh
Mii
Shulk
Little Mac
Lip

Pretty much.
Dixie, Isaac and Takamaru ain't boring. Tell ya that. Only character REALLY boring on that list is the Mii. Just, don't do it...

wildvine47

Smash Ace

You see, I really don't see Fire Emblem getting more than 3 characters or Kid Icarus more than 2. My roster's ALREADY at 55 characters, and I feel like even that is stretching it a bit. As for Takamaru, I'll wait and see if someone can give a compelling argument for him, because at the moment, I don't feel he deserves a spot, nor do I feel he's even being considered ATM. And I already have Isaac on there, he's between Medusa and Little Mac.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ah well, you do have Medusa indeed. My memory is a little foggy now so...

Well, its just Dixie, and Chrome over Roy then. ^^ 2 Kid Icarus characters are good I feel yeah. But Palutena still would be nice. Her vs Ganondorf seems a great match up I'd wanna play

Speaking of, what's you guys dream match up in Smash? I now really want Diddy vs K.Rool, Impa vs Ganondorf, K.Rool vs Mario, Mewtwo vs Ridley, Mewtwo vs Lucas... Just to name a few.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Dixie, Isaac and Takamaru ain't boring. Tell ya that. Only character REALLY boring on that list is the Mii. Just, don't do it...

Oh they are SOOOOO boring. Isaac, even after playing Golden Sun, is not interesting to me. Takamaru is just dull as dirt. Dixie Kong, while I love her in DKC2, is just not a character I can bring myself to be excited for. At the end of the day she probably will not be more than a glorified Diddy Kong with hair.

Sorry, I am very fickle on characters.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
@Mario characters, it's really just personal preference, I'm not a fan of Jr. But I do think Pokemon will probably have one more slot then Mario does, because there's so many to choose from. There's no reason to cut any Pokemon characters we have now, plus there is huge demand for Mewtwo back, and odds are Gamefreak will want the latest gen to have a rep too.

@Impa/Sheik I'm just going to say I don't think we'll be seeing the SS models, and Impa only has one important role, and does little to nothing in every other game she's in, so it's pointless IMO.

Dixie is a solid choice though, no if ands or buts ! :awesome:

Ahh okay, thanks pal :D
Honestly, I don't think Pokemon will have more than Mario. I feel like Lucario has a chance of getting cut because his generation isn't the most recent any more, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt because of his uniqueness, and decided to keep him in along with 5th Gen's Zoroark and bringing back Mewtwo, leaving 6 Pokemon characters.

And regarding Impa having only one important role, the same could be said about Sheik, except Sheik's never had any other role since, outside of Smash Bros. I mean, I like Sheik and all, but I think her time is over. Besides, Impa could easily be given the exact same moveset as Sheik and have it work, and that's what I'm meaning it to be.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528

Well, its just Dixie, and Chrome over Roy then. ^^ 2 Kid Icarus characters are good I feel yeah. But Palutena still would be nice. Her vs Ganondorf seems a great match up I'd wanna play

Speaking of, what's you guys dream match up in Smash? I now really want Diddy vs K.Rool, Impa vs Ganondorf, K.Rool vs Mario, Mewtwo vs Ridley, Mewtwo vs Lucas... Just to name a few.

Meta Knight vs Mewtwo
King Dedede vs King K. Rool
Starfy vs Kirby

yani

Smash Lord

Palutena Vs. Krystal
Mewtwo Vs. Lucario
King K. Rool Vs. Bowser
Ridley Vs. Charizard
Tingle Vs. Ganondorf

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Dixie Kong
Isaac
Takamaru
Samurai Goroh
Mii
Shulk
Little Mac
Lip

So what's your idea of a fun character?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh they are SOOOOO boring. Isaac, even after playing Golden Sun, is not interesting to me. Takamaru is just dull as dirt. Dixie Kong, while I love her in DKC2, is just not a character I can bring myself to be excited for. At the end of the day she probably will not be more than a glorified Diddy Kong with hair.

Sorry, I am very fickle on characters.
Takamaru is a samurai fighter, seems like a semi fast sword fighter (between Link and Marth) with a good projectile game. I want Link to have Shield Bash and Skyward Strike as new B moves, so he can take over his heavily projectile reliant play style.

Isaac will have very interesting B moves for sure. Offensive bases Earth element, high damage projectile Psynergy attacks. Can't see that you don't want him after having played Golden Sun. Unless you played it just briefly. It's old skool RPGing, made fun. It's awesome.

Dixie would be more different to Diddy than Ness and Lucas are currently. Dixie could share Diddy's side B, and maybe B Air, U Air but there the similarities end. And even if, Diddy could use more tail attacks like in DK64 to be even more different to Dixie. She would be cool to have.

Little Mac doesn't seem boring to me either. Basic, yes. But that doesn't have to be Boeing.

D

Deleted member

I am going to look at your roster here, as there are differences from that on Youtube.

Dixie Kong: I have had a change of heart regarding DK. I am in favor of adding 1 new character, K Rool. It should not, however, get 4 characters. I reccomend you remove dixie kong immediately, in favor of a more deserving character *cough*StarfyIsaacRay*Cough*.

LoZ: It is very concerning that LoZ has fewer characters than mario or pokemon. I reccomend Tingle, possibly in exchange for dixie.

Takamaru: I honestly have no idea why anyone even seriously considers Takamaru. He has 1 extremely obscure Japan-only game, and 2 cameos, one of which is in a japan only game. Nobody outside the smash community has heard of him. Heck, I would put Sakura Samurai in over Takamaru, at least he would represent downloaded games for the Wii and Ds's. I highly reccomend you remove him *coughStarfyIsaacRay*cough*

I am glad you stopped putting in a 2nd Kid Icarus character. Kudos.

Mach Rider: I used to have the ExciteBiker in my roster. I think a bike based moveset could be amazing, especially ones with machine guns.

Goroh: While better than Shadow, I still do not reccomend adding a 2nd F-Zero Character.

Saki: Ok on his own, but your roster has a concerning deficit of Starfy and Isaac. We've debated this on Youtube, but I still stand on my osition That Starfy and Isaac take priority over Saki.

You have more pokemon characters than Mario characters... WHY!!!??? Mario is 3 times as big as Pokemon. There is simply no excuse for this. You've got 48 characters, you can afford to add a mario and LoZ character.

Who on Earth is next to Sonic?

Overall, this is not a bad roster. I give it a 7.8/10.
Dixie Kong: And once again, I am going to tell you to STOW IT with Starfy, Isaac, and Ray, as you don't seem to get my point.
While I too had a change of heart about Starfy, I don't see him as likely due to a long explanation that I don't feel like going through at the moment, you can ask me about it later.
RAY IS NOT A ****ING BIG DEAL!!! I am willing to bet my SOUL that there will be no Custom Robo PC in Sm4sh. Regardless of how you THINK he might be heavily requested, he really isn't in the long run. So get the idea out of your head that Ray is a MUST for Smash.
As for Isaac, Golden Sun is hardly big in Japan, and Camelot would push for Matthew if Sakurai approached them. Fans don't want Matthew.
As for the Donkey Kong doesn't "need" 4 reps, yes it does. It's Nintendo's 4th biggest series, and not only is K. Rool high in demand, so is Dixie Kong. And Sakurai has leftover data of Dixie Kong to use.

LoZ: Tingle is not as likely as people think. I go for realism, not what is "equal". Zelda is fine where it is with reps. Outside of the Triforce 3 and a younger Link, no one really "NEEDS" to be included.

Takamaru: Quit using the ****ing "importance" bull****. What's your excuse for the Ice Climbers, Pit, Ness and Lucas, etc.? Well?
He's heavily demanded in Japan, and Sakurai has shown interest in him being playable.
Also, QUIT TALKING ABOUT STARFY, RAY, AND ISAAC!

Mach Rider: He ain't getting a bike-based moveset. He's going to be OFF the bike.

Goroh: Goroh's a very popular request, and HAS been since Melee. Much more requests, than say, RAY.:glare:

Saki: Your head has a concerning defecit of common sense. You like to argue these points over and over, despite what the **** I say.
How would you like it if I keep saying that YOUR Roster lacks So-and-So and Mr. Whatshisname just because I say they are necessary?

And actually, no I don't. Dr. Mario is a bonus character that can be selected after selecting Mario. HE is the 6th Mario character. (Also, Yoshi is a psuedo-Mario character. He's pretty much a non-Mario character in icon only)
While there are more SLOTS on the Roster, Mario is equal if not top due to Yoshi and Dr. Mario.

And that would be Mega Man. The REAL Mega Man.

I honestly don't care if I get modded for what I said. I am sick and tired of you constantly going off on how Starfy/Ray/Isaac NEED to be on everyone's Rosters despite me telling you I'm not having them and explaining why EVERY TIME YOU SAY IT.
You rarely listen to other people's point of view, and while that may seem ironic as it's coming from me, I at least don't PUSH upon my point of view when others state why they are against it.
You are being as bad as Diddy Kong (the user, not the character) when he won't shut up about how Impa MUST replace Sheik.
EDIT: And the irony is that YOU don't have all three on your Roster. And you included characters like the AR Box.

.......I need a minute to calm down....while I wait to be given a warning from a moderator....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In Hyrule Hystorica it seems Impa was always meant to be a more core character on level of Link, Zelda and Ganon apperantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom