• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've got Ridley on my list, and I definitely agree that he should come first. In terms of Metroid newcomers, I think the order should go:

1. Ridley
2. Dark Samus
3. Adam
4. Melissa Bergman
The Rest: Anybody Else

So while I support Adam Malkovich, I think Dark Samus and DEFINITELY Ridley should come first.
Idk the series well enough, but I know that I wanna see Ridley VS Charizard in a Smash Fight, and not a Boss Battle fight...

@Oasis Agreed. No one really votes for anyone else besides those two.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
It's pretty pointless to make a list go past Ridley and Dark Samus though.
True, considering that they're the most likely, but with my list, having Fire Emblem with more characters than Metroid and giving Kid Icarus the same amount just felt too weird and wrong. And he makes the best third rep if the series were to get four characters, considering how limited the series's playable canditates are.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Tbh, I'd love to see Jiggz and PT leave. No one'll cry *much* if they were replaced. Think about it. Meowth or Jiggz? PT or Deoxys? PT wasn't even wanted, and Jiggz has about how much impact to Pokemon?
Although ever changing, Jigglypuff has constantly been one of the most popular pokemon, even being chosen as the second most popula for pmn's 10 year anniversary which got her her own DVD of all jiggly specfic episodes.
She's been in every smash game so far.
She was a top tier in melee.

Deoxys is 20 ft tall.

As for PT, Charizard is also constantly one of the most popular pokemon along with pikachu, mewtwo and the current wetdream of each generation(Lucario, Zoroark, darkrai) to round out the list.
Yes the list changes every year but they're pretty much consistent with staying near the top or being at the top.

As for meowth, sure? But having every gen represented with PT is a terrible idea.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Deoxys is 20 ft tall.
Wut?

Anyway, IMO Metroid should have Kraid and Mother Brain as playable characters before all the crappy characters the series has churned out in recent games. I've actually seen people suggest RUNDAS or SYLUX over Ridley.

Samus, Kraid, Ridley, Mother Brain. The original Metroid Quartet. :awesome:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Deoxys 20 ft? Something about that seems definitely wrong to me. For starters, anime has him only a little taller than Ash, and I'd also think he'd be bigger in poke ranger if that were the case?

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Wut?

Anyway, IMO Metroid should have Kraid and Mother Brain as playable characters before all the crappy characters the series has churned out in recent games. I've actually seen people suggest RUNDAS or SYLUX over Ridley.

Samus, Kraid, Ridley, Mother Brain. The original Metroid Quartet. :awesome:
Disregarding the obvious sarcasm, I actually forgot about Sylux. If he really does show up in the 4th Metroid Prime like it seems like he will, he'd probably be above Adam in chances.

Also, Deoxys is definitely not 20 feet tall: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Deoxys

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm... in shock. Are you mistaking Rayquaza for Deoxys, by chance?

This is Deoxys...
Looks like the game's wrong too O_o

S***, he must be at least 3 ft. bigger than Mewtwo O_o

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Dark Samus could definitely be different Samus. She's definitely got more than enough moves from Prime 2 and 3 to differentiate her.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's not really sarcasm, but the point I was making is that Metroid as a series hasn't made many great characters, especially not for Smash. Kraid and Mother Brain would be better than any of the newer characters (save for Dark Samus, actually) since they're CLASSICS. I do hope Brinstar Depths returns as a stage so we'll see Kraid once more, in addition to a new Tourian stage featuring Mother Brain.

This is really making me want a Metroid Kart, btw.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Oasis I want a SSB Karts first...
I know. It's really fun thinking up different Karts for characters that normally wouldn't be seen driving anything. Marth could have some fancy European F-1 racecar shaped like his Falchion, or one based on the Dark Dragon.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Smash kart. Capt falcon beating everyone.

:phone:
I think you forgot the powerful DRAGOON KIRBY!

But i hate that pokemon movie ;)
We don't listen to you for this reason T_T That movie was awesome. What did you not like about it?

I know. It's really fun thinking up different Karts for characters that normally wouldn't be seen driving anything. Marth could have some fancy European F-1 racecar shaped like his Falchion, or one based on the Dark Dragon.
Heh... Young Link drives nothing. He's underaged :troll:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm fine with SSB Karts as long as it's nothing like Motor Kombat or the Kart Racing in SA2

@Smash Wimp- 1st gen wasn't the only good gen

In fact, I'd say 2nd gen is better

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm... in shock. Are you mistaking Rayquaza for Deoxys, by chance?

This is Deoxys...
Looks like the game's wrong too O_o

S***, he must be at least 3 ft. bigger than Mewtwo O_o
I was actually thinking someone more along the lines of Dialga/Palkia. I may be wrong but aren't they about that size?

Also, I will say I prefer 1st gen over any other, but a lot of that comes from the fact that I played it as a young child and grew up with it, so poke red is like my eternal companion :p

My brother disputed other gens, and believes they are unimaginative and creative. I was kind of unsure, but I played Platinum and ended up borrowing it from a friend.... And I liked it. I liked it a lot. That's why I'm still interested in later gens of pokemon. In any case, i'm looking for legendaries now in platinum. Which reminds me, try-hi, that i'm willing to try McDonalds again. I think I know what went wrong last time and (maybe) how to fix it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Thats what i mean. Dialga and Palkia are about 20 ft tall yes?
Ah, ok. Yes, pretty much. Also, kinda off topic, but Palkia and Dialga have Godzilla's voice inshrined in their cries, and Giratina has Rodan cries, if no one noticed (Anime and SSBB)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd rather not have Luigi, to be honest. He's to similar to Mario. You might as well of said that. Pichu can be ALOT different than Pikachu.
Show me WHERE Pichu started becoming different from Pikachu, and I could agree with this. Unfortunately, the comparison does not count because Pichu was never made heavily different from Pikachu.

You see, you're going off what happened before. Change will happen. But I, myself, do not see pichu coming in above most. If anything, Pichu, Meowth, and Jiggz should be on a Pkmn Trainer set.
No, Jigglypuff is a full character and will never get such a crappy treatment like that. She's been there from the start, and isn't even an actual clone. Nor would Pichu be thrown into Pokemon Trainer. That'd be really stupid.

I do not approve of this kind of crap whatsoever. Taking away a veteran's slot is lame. Throwing a full character into a 1/3 character is lame. If Pichu should be playable, he should have his own slot, whether unique moves or not.

Unlike Jigglypuff, Meowth has fought on a team with Jesse and James' pokemon. Jigglypuff fought more often on her own(and against quite a few enemies at once, like the Clefairy group). Jigglypuff is fought alone more than often enough when facing against a Trainer. Meowth? Hardly. One thing that makes him notable is being specifically on a team. Seeing him as a PT Pokemon is fine. Pichu? No, that's pathetic and is a horrible way to treat him. There's quite a few less notable Pokemon that are often on teams. On the other hand, Meowth would be fine enough to fight on his own. Charizard, he was only introduced in Smash by being on a team. Also, since we're never going to get 6 slots with two 1st Gens and 2nd through 5th Gen, a multi-gen character is by far one of the most brilliant ways to solve this problem. Likewise, let's keep in mind that if you're playing as Leaf, you can use all 3 Gens on your team, furthering making the Multi-Gen character realistic to what could happen, as well as something that could be implemented using the games specifically.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Later Luco

You know what else I miss from old Pokemon? The little shorts that would play before the movies, IIRC
I sort of miss those too I think Japan still has them though. And did someone seriously say Deoxys was 20 ft tall? Wtf? Anyway asage do you have any news on that Pokemon + Nobunga Ambition game?

Oh yeah I was wondering, do you guys think they'll get rid of Picto Chat? Since it is no longer on the 3DS? I wouldn't be surprised if we got Swapnote or Mii Plaza as a stage this time around

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh yeah I was wondering, do you guys think they'll get rid of Picto Chat? Since it is no longer on the 3DS? I wouldn't be surprised if we got Swapnote or Mii Plaza as a stage this time around
I wouldn't miss it. I get a bit sick of stages that make it nigh impossible to have a decent match. Big Blue? It's actually easy. This stage? Way too many walls, unneeded deaths. It's in the same category as WarioWare, 75m, and Mario Bros. Really bad stages that just kill you randomly. I am fine with gimmicks, but not overaching ones.(there's a reason why they're all banned, and only Pictochat was given a chance to be allowed)

D

Deleted member

Tbh, I'd love to see Jiggz and PT leave. No one'll cry *much* if they were replaced. Think about it. Meowth or Jiggz? PT or Deoxys? PT wasn't even wanted, and Jiggz has about how much impact to Pokemon? Meowth's shown his face much longer than Jigglypuff, yet makes it as a Poke Ball in the N64 version. Hell, he wasn't even IN Melee. He was brought back in Brawl, sure, but as a friggin Poke Ball.

All I'm saying is that Meowth deserves more respect than your average Pokemon, like Jiggz. I know Jiggz had a huge impact in the anime, but not anymore. Meowth should of been chosen. I'm just sayin'.
I'm sorry, but I have to say that this is a HUGE display of ignorance.
While Meowth may have more impact in the long run AT THIS TIME, let's play into how Jigglypuff got into Smash in the first place.

Jigglypuff was the 2nd most popular Pokemon in Japan during the time that Smash 64 was being made. Pika being the first.
If I remember correctly, Meowth was the 4th, behind Squirtle.
Jigglypuff was more popular than Meowth.

Now, in this day and age, you can't even consider EITHER for popularity. On Japan's (pre-Unova) Top 10 Pokemon, Meowth (and Jigglypuff) aren't even ON there. In fact, it's all Legendaries except Pikachu (who's 4th), and Eevee.
You know who IS on the list? Mewtwo.

All in all, Meowth only has the anime to back himself up. Not good.
Don't use Lucario as an example; he had a LOT more going for him than just his movie.

PT isn't even wanted? So I guess the fact that he was in the Top 20 of Japan's pre-Melee poll, with only two other Pokemon characters ahead of him (Mewtwo and Mew) means he wasn't wanted?

Furthermore, cutting Jigglypuff for the sake of "relevance" is not unlike the issues we got with S---- and I---, and is messing with the Original 12. You don't mess with the Original 12.

There was more I was going to say, but I had forgotten.

EDIT: This is why I find the prospect of Meowth to be laughable. He's hyped only because of the fact he shows up in the anime, and people try to argue that he's super popular, when polls prove that there are plenty more popular than him.
While it's fine to prefer having Jiggz and PT gone, making obnoxious claims like "No one will care if they're gone" is going up **** Creek without a paddle.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Show me WHERE Pichu started becoming different from Pikachu, and I could agree with this. Unfortunately, the comparison does not count because Pichu was never made heavily different from Pikachu.

Are we stuck in Smash Bros. again? Did we forget in the Pokemon series, Pichu is VERY much different? Or were we not comprehending this, and thought Pichu originated from SSBM? See, this is what I'm talking about.

No, Jigglypuff is a full character and will never get such a crappy treatment like that. She's been there from the start, and isn't even an actual clone. Nor would Pichu be thrown into Pokemon Trainer. That'd be really stupid.
Like I said, if Pichu were to return. But at present time, Pokemon Fanbase doesn't like Jiggz as much as they use to. Sorry guys, but you have to listen to what Home Plate has to say too. SSB doesn't run as it's own game. In othewords, no Pokemon= No Pokemon characters.

I do not approve of this kind of crap whatsoever. Taking away a veteran's slot is lame. Throwing a full character into a 1/3 character is lame. If Pichu should be playable, he should have his own slot, whether unique moves or not.
I honestly do not care, Hyperfalcon. I honestly do not care...

Unlike Jigglypuff, Meowth has fought on a team with Jesse and James' pokemon. Jigglypuff fought more often on her own(and against quite a few enemies at once, like the Clefairy group).

Ooh, Hf, this is a game you don't wanna try and teach me... I know alot more about Pokemon then you think. I go by what I wish would happen, but that's only with Jigglypuff. At times like this, anyways...

Jigglypuff is fought alone more than often enough when facing against a Trainer.
False.

Meowth? Hardly.
False.

One thing that makes him notable is being specifically on a team.
Guess we forgot about his unique episodes he had back in the 1st/2nd/3rd seasons, eh? Team Rocket was in fact his siding, but the anime expressed Meowth more than Ash himself. What do we know about Jigglypuff? Nothing, because they never explained her enough. All we saw her as is a puffy b**** that makes you listen to her sing. Also note he was technicaly the 2nd hand star in Pokemon Channel.

Seeing him as a PT Pokemon is fine. Pichu? No, that's pathetic and is a horrible way to treat him. There's quite a few less notable Pokemon that are often on teams.
What are you saying, exactly? Charizard is the most popular Fire-Type starter around, and he was with PT. Same with Squirtle. Can't say the same with Ivysaur, but still.

On the other hand, Meowth would be fine enough to fight on his own. Charizard, he was only introduced in Smash by being on a team. Also, since we're never going to get 6 slots with two 1st Gens and 2nd through 5th Gen, a multi-gen character is by far one of the most brilliant ways to solve this problem.
Here's a set: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Lucario, and Victini. Game and set, that there would not be arguable. Almost 99% of fans would agree and like this roster for Pokemon. Keep Jiggz so that Smash Bros. Fans won't whine, and put popular pkmn characters, Deoxys, Mewtwo, Lucario, and Victini, in so that Smash Fans and everyone else is happy. Like I said, I don't care what happens to Pichu.

Likewise, let's keep in mind that if you're playing as Leaf, you can use all 3 Gens on your team, furthering making the Multi-Gen character realistic to what could happen, as well as something that could be implemented using the games specifically.

Leafgreen, you mean? With trading help, yeah. In HG & SS, you can get 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen Pokemon starters of your choice without trading.
Answers underlined. Yes, HyperFalcon. Me putting Jiggz in a PT was out of my opinion. I'm sorry you don't like it. Not that it makes a difference, anyways ;)

*senses I'm always right comeback*

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm sorry, but I have to say that this is a HUGE display of ignorance.
While Meowth may have more impact in the long run AT THIS TIME, let's play into how Jigglypuff got into Smash in the first place.

*As a vetran* is getting old. It was an opinion that Jiggz should leave. I know he won't.

Jigglypuff was the 2nd most popular Pokemon in Japan during the time that Smash 64 was being made. Pika being the first.
If I remember correctly, Meowth was the 4th, behind Squirtle.
Jigglypuff was more popular than Meowth.

64 isn't now. That's the point.

Now, in this day and age, you can't even consider EITHER for popularity. On Japan's (pre-Unova) Top 10 Pokemon, Meowth (and Jigglypuff) aren't even ON there. In fact, it's all Legendaries except Pikachu (who's 4th), and Eevee.
You know who IS on the list? Mewtwo.
No S*** :glare:

All in all, Meowth only has the anime to back himself up. Not good.
Don't use Lucario as an example; he had a LOT more going for him than just his movie.
I won't use Lucario as an example because yes, he had alot more going for him. All I'm saying is that back at Pokemon fan base, Meowth is more popular than Jigglypuff. I did a poll on this a year ago. I'll make another to prove it.

PT isn't even wanted? So I guess the fact that he was in the Top 20 of Japan's pre-Melee poll, with only two other Pokemon characters ahead of him (Mewtwo and Mew) means he wasn't wanted?
:facepalm: Right, caught my tounge again -_-

Furthermore, cutting Jigglypuff for the sake of "relevance" is not unlike the issues we got with S---- and I---, and is messing with the Original 12. You don't mess with the Original 12.

Which is why if Victini or Lucario aren't on Sm4sh, I'm leaving. It's not worth saying original 12 nemore because fans want newcomers. They want change. Jigglypuff is only in vote by Smash Fans and a few Pokemon Fans. Why's that? THE TIERS! The god forsaken tiers! Therefore, arguement goes to competitive value, but let's not go there.
There was more I was going to say, but I had forgotten.

EDIT: This is why I find the prospect of Meowth to be laughable. He's hyped only because of the fact he shows up in the anime, and people try to argue that he's super popular, when polls prove that there are plenty more popular than him.
Only Pokemon to learn Pay Day until 5th gen. Had his own appearence in a game. Yup.

While it's fine to prefer having Jiggz and PT gone, making obnoxious claims like "No one will care if they're gone" is going up **** Creek without a paddle.

You are right. I do apologize. But still... Jigglypuff is a troll, nowadays... There are MANY, I repeat, MANY better choices. Meowth is just one.
Answers underlined. I'm not breaking my Hipster Pokemon logic now .-. I gtg. I heard there's something new going on about the crossover game. I'll keep you guys informed.

EDIT: Dp'd? Got quiet, all of the sudden -_- Gtg, cya, bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom