• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm working on my Black atm. I wanna complete the Unova dex
I got that part of the dex a month after I bought it .-.

Actually, the only thing I need to do is fill up 32 slots in the Kanto, 9 in the Sinnoh, and 52 in honne (F***. I can't spell ._.)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Couldn't they update the game as it ages in order for more characters/stages/music?
I think maybe some old stages from Brawl/ Melee/ 64, a long with some music yeah, but characters... Not more than 5 or so. 2 of them I already expect to be Dr.Mario and Roy. Pichu afterwards, or other quickly done clones... Or costumes. Nothing more really, and this seems to stretch it already I'm sure.

Maybe cut characters could return like this to? Like Ike and Lucario cause of time restrains. But only if they have significant enough data to build on quickly.

:phone:

yani

Smash Lord
I got that part of the dex a month after I bought it .-.

Actually, the only thing I need to do is fill up 32 slots in the Kanto, 9 in the Sinnoh, and 52 in honne (F***. I can't spell ._.)
Well I had my brother trade me my old Pokemon so I could run through the game with ease, and then never bothered to complete the dex :laugh:. I'm not doing the National dex though because it ends up being pointless. I'm hoping we'll be able to transfer Pokedex data in future games (do we seriously need to transfer 500+ Pokemon each game?)

For DLC, I was also thinking that could be a good way to bring back all of the Melee cuts.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Melee, and Brawl cuts. Exception being Sheik :denzel:
As she'd be replaced already.

No seriously, if she's cut, she won't make it as a separate slot.

And Mewtwo would already be in of coarse.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Melee, and Brawl cuts. Exception being Sheik :denzel:
As she'd be replaced already.

No seriously, if she's cut, she won't make it as a separate slot.

And Mewtwo would already be in of coarse.

Posting this again until you wise up son

People are tense because it is literally insanity and it is CONSTANT. My policy now is that whenever I check the thread, I go back a few pages, and if I see an Impa discussion, I just leave. Even the Victini fanboys weren't this bad. Their character is actually a legitimate candidate and their ranks have more than ONE PERSON. Not to mention they don't advocate eliminating a veteran while butchering an existing character in the process for the sake of their own personal preferences and nothing else. And for me, Layton would be my "Impa," who actually has a LOT going for him, yet I still generally only mention him when someone else brings up the subject first.

It would be like me professing the awesomeness of Blooper and demanding he be playable for a bunch of arbitrary reasons EVERY TIME I MADE A ****ING POST. Which I might actually do now...

BLOOPER FOR SMASH 4! He has been in like EVERY Mario game, you guys! Plus he's like a squid. Isn't that awesome?! We should replace Wario for Blooper since they fill the same role but Blooper is awesomer.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
As I was saying earlier. I think Kirby definitely should add Sailor Dee, his hat choice is a fabulous Sailors hat. It would appeal to child molesters because of all the shota innuendos silly sailor boy uniforms have, which means more sales for SSB4. Bandanas probably would get the Bloods, Crips, and Biker gangs into Smash, but I think that other characters bring them in anyways. The child molester group is one we need to aim at right now. It's being left out.

Plus, he has a much more important role than Bandana dee. He's part of this group that Meta Knight leads. Thats much more important than Bandana Dee. He hasn't REALLY ever done anything. Just been a filler character. Plus? Spear? Hello, Palutena!? Krystal?! We don't need him. How may characters can use BOATS as attacks? Not many. Pretty much Sailor Dee is one of the best choices for the Kirby series, and because of how IMPORTANT he was in that one single game he was in. (Where he did little), it definitely outweighs anything Bandana Dee has done, because I simply say so.

Pretty much, the only character that needs to be added more than Ridley, or K. Rool is Sailor Dee. He's the full package.
I think we should definitely cut Metaknight. He's too strong, and no one really likes him because of it. Like, I've said, Sailor Dee could be his replacement They could play similar, but at the same time not, I'll change how I feel about that to fit my argument. He could use lots of boat references. Like, his over B could be him driving a boat. Hit up B could be him driving a boat diagonally. His down B could be like whirling castle, but him just doing doughnuts with his boat. (WOW, that would be a great way to pander to the redneck community, good idea shorts) And his regular B, could be his infinate anchor grab. Like Meta Knight's cape, but he's riding a boat and wrapping anchors around you.

Or he could be a clone. Like I said, I'll just straight up change my side to fit the argument. But yes, MetaKnight should be cut, because I think so, which is all that matters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That post doesn't hold anything in weight why I think Impa > Sheik is a good idea. And that thing that I am the only one wanting her got discredited long a go. Now, more rosters DO HAVE Impa on it than not. You where saying?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Now, more rosters DO HAVE Impa on it than not. You where saying?

No. Don't lie. As it currently stands, Impa shows up less than Ghirahim and even Tingle. She might have the potential to pass up Tingle, but certainly not Ghirahim.

Either way, I think Zelda is complete and does not need a newcomer.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It not needing a newcomer is another reason why Impa > Sheik needs to happen, if only for relevancy, including a core character, variation and having a SS rep.

More recent lists have Impa on it than not. So yeah.

Tingle and / or Ghirahim can happen regardless of Impa.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Asage, how many characters are you actually going to play? It just seems like you want to have interchangeable rosters just for the sake of quelling the whiners and nothing else.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Exactly. Good point Diddy Kong. Not needing a newcomer is exactly why we need a newcomer. Post of the day.

And again, don't lie. You've seen three rosters. I've probably seen 300 without her on it. And I'm damn sure Chrono has probably seen TRIPLE the amount of rosters I've seen.

God this thread is a ****ing bust. So much bull.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Who needs a derp thread when we have this?!

@Shortie
To be fair, how many of those rosters were before Impa's role was revealed in SS?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sake of variation in representing a game series known for its frequently changing cast with yet so far almost 0 change in the last 2 games is not needed? You ignore my statements as much as I like to disprove yours.

Kuma: probably just a few.

yani

Smash Lord
Her SS role doesn't change the fact that she's useless in most of the other games and she isn't Zelda. Sheik is staying

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In one instance. She has been Zelda in one game, not in 20+ others

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sheik
+ Alter ego of Zelda
+ Supporting character in Ocarina of Time
+ Popular character
+ Has appeared in two Smash games.
- Alter ego of Zelda meaning she can be cut off to focus solely on Zelda
- Playstyle is easily transferable to Impa
- Has only appeared in one game outside of Smash.
- Hasn't appeared in a Zelda game since OoT, barring remakes.

Impa
+ Supporting character in multiple Zelda games since the beginning (manual appearances count).
+ In OoT, taught Zelda the ways of the Sheikah
+ Multiple incarnations and appearances allow for an array of moves.
+ Can inherent Sheik's playstyle and keep the two playstyles separate in order to develop.
+ Has appeared in Skyward Sword as a main character.
- Arguably an Ascended Extra
- Her "counterpart", Sheik, has appeared in two Smash games as a starting character.

BTW, Sheik -> Impa might as well be Young Link to Toon Link when you get right down to it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yani, don't play into his games. He's got no cards. No ammo behind his reasoning, or behind any predictions he's making. They're purely wishful thinking. I've seen all he's had to say, and it's a bunch of eventual disappointment.

Bah. I need to go.

This will get stuck in your head, it's ridic.

Sheik
+ Alter ego of Zelda
+ Supporting character in Ocarina of Time
+ Popular character
+ Has appeared in two Smash games.-
Alter ego of Zelda meaning she can be cut off to focus solely on Zelda
- Playstyle is easily transferable to Impa
- Has only appeared in one game outside of Smash.
- Hasn't appeared in a Zelda game since OoT, barring remakes.

Impa
+ Supporting character in multiple Zelda games since the beginning (manual appearances count).
+ In OoT, taught Zelda the ways of the Sheikah
+ Multiple incarnations and appearances allow for an array of moves.
+ Can inherent Sheik's playstyle and keep the two playstyles separate in order to develop.
+ Has appeared in Skyward Sword as a main character.
- Arguably an Ascended Extra
- Her "counterpart", Sheik, has appeared in two Smash games as a starting character.
Game, set, match. Sheik wins.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
For gods sake, I hope Majora's Mask remake happens... If anything, at least put Young Link on Sm4sh...

Ok, I'mma post my Meowth moveset here... brb

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I rather us go back to Neko Milk Maid Ridley than continue talking about Impa.

Also, I found this cool stage idea in my Smash Bros. DS papers:

Virtual Boy Wario Land:
This level is based on the game Wario Land for the Virtual Boy. This level is quite innovative. There is a foreground and background in this level. You can jump from the foreground to the background (and vice versa) by using special blocks on the ground that allow you to do so.

yani

Smash Lord
Impa is different each time. Link,Zelda and Dorf remain the same. That alone makes her chances a lot worse than they already are.

Yani, don't play into his games. He's got no cards. No ammo behind his reasoning, or behind any predictions he's making. They're purely wishful thinking. I've seen all he's had to say, and it's a bunch of eventual disappointment.
I know, it's such an eye sore though :(. He was good yesterday and jumped right in to say Sheik is being replaced today :glare:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So? Impa has never been Zelda, so it doesn't matter.
Sheik and Zelda never where able to switch in between battles, even though it would've been handy before the final battle vs Ganon. But yeah, Sheik never fought. Zelda did.

Zelda is also significantly different in SS.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hey Chrono do you have a roster to that old DS game idea? Thats what I wanna see.

I made a DS Smash roster once... it was meh. I'll make one right now, actually. Sounds fun. I'm going 35 chars, all have to have shown up on a handheld system. Boom, here I go. (Roster will diverge from the usual)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Going further again: Zelda has had no alter ego in other games, besides Wind Waker, where she was Tetra, not Sheik. And Sheik's popularity waned with each major release. Would you say Midna is as popular now as pre-Brawl??

yani

Smash Lord
I was thinking for DS we might see a roster around the size of Melee's, maybe no more than 3 characters per franchise? No third parties, or MAYBE Sonic. Idk.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Wasn't Dorf buff in OoT, and stocky and older in TP and WW? And wasn't he also a pig demon thing in the pre-OoT games?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Exactly. And didn't Link had pink hair, and different head sizes, equipment, ways of transportation?

Shortie don't pretend you have ever went into full debate, or responded to my earlier pro Impa posts. Cause you didn't. You blasted stuff of and projected your own interpretation into them, and quoted only small sections of the posts, if anything at all.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
One reason I've come to hate this thread. It's all about which character gets in over how these characters play and even that's very limited in scope.

At least I justify my preferences for Impa with gameplay reasons.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa is part of Zelda's core
Sheik is just a rip off bore
:troll:

inb4 the word *****

Anyways, I'm willing to drop the topic now. Had my 2 pages of worth today, which is enough for now.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Meowth Moveset

(B):pay Day:
Hold the (B) button to charge, and let go of the (B) button to throw. The longer you hold the (B)button, the longer the throw time. Unlike the Ball Meowth, he can fire sideways, upwards, and downwards (Which trips easier on both sides of Meowth). The maximum time chargable is a 3 second firing spree. Hold ^ when you're about to let go to fire upwards, and v to fire downwards. In the sky, the coins will be shot all around him, like in the N64.

(B)>: Copycat:
He stands straighter, and his claws come out. When hit, he'll slash foward, doing 2x the number of dmg that was to be done. Meowth takes 1% dmg off this attack.

(B)v: Swaggar:
Like the picture I showed you guys, he stomps first, then smirks. As you hold it, the ground under him will vibrate, and he'll be breathing deeply. In this mode, he can deflect projectiles and make them shoot straight upwards. If an opponent is nearby, the opponent's left and right movements become confused, and switch every now and then. So, you could be holding left, but you may go right, or maybe left.

(B)^: Aerial Ace
Like Meta Knight, except he doesn't glide. A Glideless shuttle loop, to be exact. But he also has action afterwards (He can still attack and such).

FS: Meowth's Party
He whips out the guitar he played in Pokemon Channel, and plays a miniture version of the song he plays in Channel. Buttons will show up on the top screen. It'll say stuff like, "Press B". Press it in time, and Meowth's Coin on his head will glow. After the song stops, he'll throw the guitar off stage, and then use a more powerful Pay Day, except he's movable in the air, and the coins are bigger and hit harder/have more range. Depending on the song's button-hit, this move can be a OHKO. Enemies are locked by the coins, and then shot left or right.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Shortie don't pretend you have ever went into full debate, or responded to my earlier pro Impa posts. Cause you didn't. You blasted stuff of and projected your own interpretation into them, and quoted only small sections of the posts, if anything at all.

Nope, I don't listen to your complete and utter bull. You're delusions are hilarious, actually. It's actually funny how much you think everythingg you bring up matters. It just doesn't. It. just. doesn't.

No one is backing you up for a reason.

Also, I think I fell in love with the idea of a an optional switch, six Pokemon using Trainer. How gross is that?

Like, the roste could be: Pikachu, Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer (Charizard, Meowth, Pichu, Lucario, Deoxys, Victini) or something cool like that.

Iunno, I think it could be cool.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Meowth got Swag? New meme for Smash 4?

I got plenty of support, and you willing to blast off everything YOU don't like shows who really is laugh worthy here.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@Diddy That's right ;)

So, playing Emerald, did anyone know in the 2nd gym, the Meditite the gym leader uses knows Focus Punch?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Cut Toad, bring in Diddy and I'm cool.
Wtf DK cut for Smash 3DS? What the **** am I reading here?

Cut Ridley, cut Toad, bring back Kongs, nao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom