• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Do you think we could at least get some TIDBITS? Or an interview?
We will probably get tidbits, however, there won't be anything character related. If there is something character related it will probably be about third-parties (maybe whether Snake and Sonic will return of which Sakurai either flat out says no and maybe if they do end up returning, or whether Smash 4 will even get third-party characters).

The tidbits we are most likely to get though is more details about the focus of each version of the game, and maybe how they connect to one another. I am not expecting a name until the unveil.

There is a good chance Sakurai won't be at E3 so there probably won't be an interview. However, there will probably be some interviews with Sakurai in late March after the release of Uprising, of which Sakurai will probably continue to say, "I am hard at work on Smash Bros. and just begun work on it. It may take a while before I am ready to show it off, so please wait. It will definitely be worth the wait."

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Wario's bike seems to have been inspired by Kirby riding on the wheel enemy from Kirby Super Star (from the ending of that Meta Knight level). It's ironic how many moves are taken from the Kirby games.
Ehhh? Yoshi's Egg Roll was based on Kirby's Wheel ability. Maybe that should have been obvious.
I'm sorry, but those statements are just not true. The former is less true than the latter.

Yoshi's Egg Roll is not based on a Kirby Copy Ability just because they function in vaguely the same way. They're both rolling attacks, and that's about as related as they get. They are similar, but one is not based off of the other.

As for Wario's bike, he's been riding that thing in just about every Warioware game ever. There was a whole level that was centered around it in Warioware: Smooth Moves. It isn't at all inspired by Kirby. Again, they share elements, and that's all. Squirtle's Withdraw isn't inspired by a Kirby Copy Ability that involves rolling to the side, it's just a move that rolls to the side.

God, I'm feeling like an *******.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The former is less true than the latter.
"New technologies, "thunder eggs (+ B side)" is
Each skill can be a high speed.
Kirby's "ability to wheel" thought the smiling
OK Moraere about it.
Note that such self-destruction強力Nare!"

So, when thinking of what to make Yoshi's Side Special, he thought, smiling to himself, "Kirby's Wheel ability." Now aren't you embarrassed?

...Has it not been using the right link this whole time? Now I'M feeling embarrassed. I guess the url doesn't change as you browse the site?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Nah, atleast one of them appears as a ghost and alludes to being killed by Ganon. So you have to find their..."replacement" iirc.
It was two sages and they were none of the seven sages from OoT. You would most definitely remember if Saria made an apperance in that game outside of a cameo.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A Link and Toon Link hybrid may be one of the few things that can actually save Link himself from being one of the weaker characters. Link desperately needs to be more agile in order to make his aerials more effective (in which they are indeed strong, but cannot be executed as easily) as well as defending himself.

If his recovery was buffed, I'd say that this would benefit him by a good amount. I don't know what to say about his side B; however. His boomerang should definitely be buffed, but did the Gale Boomerang benefit him in Brawl by pulling in his foes?
The Gale Boomerang sucked big time, and yes this hybrid would be the quickest and best way to buff him fast. Keep most if his regular Link moves though, maybe with a new AAA, being a faster, low knockback, high damage building move reflecting the hits he does in his Final Smash, but just 3 times. Highly spamable, but gets stale quickly, and doesn't have the priority his other moves do.

Make him feel faster, but with less weight and better recovery. He should be more of a slightly heavier medium weight than he is now. Now he's a heavy weight, which doesn't suit him.

Also, aimable Bow, and I prefer Skyward Strike over the Boomerang. Shield Bash would be really sexy for his Down B to as a sort of Counter, which instead of doing damage, creates an opening to attack cause of its high hitstun. With extreme good timing, is also able to knock away projectiles. If used on a stronger attack or timed wrong, Link receives the same hitstun (but does a different animation).

:phone:

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
"New technologies, "thunder eggs (+ B side)" is
Each skill can be a high speed.
Kirby's "ability to wheel" thought the smiling
OK Moraere about it.
Note that such self-destruction強力Nare!"

So, when thinking of what to make Yoshi's Side Special, he thought, smiling to himself, "Kirby's Wheel ability." Now aren't you embarrassed?

...Has it not been using the right link this whole time? Now I'M feeling embarrassed. I guess the url doesn't change as you browse the site?
Actually, I am thoroughly embarrassed. Sorry, I had no idea that you were backing up your statements with facts (not sarcasm). There seems to be a tendency of people to not do so around the ol' internet. Now that I understand that you were drawing your statement from the old Melee Dojo, I feel like a butthead. Apologies.

Sheesh, I don't know what got into me. I'm still pretty sure Wario's bike is unique enough to him to not be based on something else, though. Unless, perhaps, there are some of Sakurai's Brawl development notes lying around somewhere?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Don't be sorry. I ignored your big long story mode post like three times.

It was big and long, you see. I don't swing that way.

But now I'm sort of obligated to give it a look-see, lest I want to be a total jerk.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
It was two sages and they were none of the seven sages from OoT. You would most definitely remember if Saria made an apperance in that game outside of a cameo.
Thanks for clarifying. Its been quite some time since I played that game.

So I just read through all the individual votes on my 2012 poll, and I am happy to say VERY MINIMAL double voting has been happening, so thanks for everyone who is BEING FAIR, because I can't stop the double voting, and for the few instances where the double voting WAS OBVIOUS, **** you to whoever did that. Oh, and a **** you to just anyone who double votes, because you're ruining it for everyone.

I think by next week we will be at 300 votes, so I'll update SOON~
It was tempting, but in the end I realized there was nothing to gain from doing it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So I just read through all the individual votes on my 2012 poll, and I am happy to say VERY MINIMAL double voting has been happening, so thanks for everyone who is BEING FAIR, because I can't stop the double voting, and for the few instances where the double voting WAS OBVIOUS, **** you to whoever did that. Oh, and a **** you to just anyone who double votes, because you're ruining it for everyone.

I think by next week we will be at 300 votes, so I'll update SOON~

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
PSH, how many rumors have we seen come and go? FAR too many.

I hope it's true though. Only if Krystal returns, because that's all I care about. Oh, and if they have MULTIPLAYER. I loved Assault's multiplayer.

It was tempting, but in the end I realized there was nothing to gain from doing it.
It's funny, because the only people that CANT double vote, are ones who are members of that site, so basically IM the only one who can't double vote.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Retro Studios gonna get madddd big to Nintendo if they also gonna take on StarFox. Dunno if it's true though

Ah well, they seem to just want to make a StarFox. But if they themselves say it's most likely Metroid is their new project, Imdon't see it happening yet.

DKCR2 needs to happen badly though.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Don't be sorry. I ignored your big long story mode post like three times.

It was big and long, you see. I don't swing that way.

But now I'm sort of obligated to give it a look-see, lest I want to be a total jerk.
I tried so hard to get that thing posted at just the right time, but everyone was talking about other things. Third time's the charm, I guess. I think I much less wanted input on it rather than I just needed to externalize my thoughts. Y'know, write an angry letter to someone but don't send it?

I separated it into sections if tl;dr posts aren't your thing and you ever get around to reading it.

Side note: I find it hilarious that Google Translate lists characters' specials as "mortals." The box detailing Ness's special moves is titled "Table of Mortal Business," which made me lol hard.

From the Ice Climbers' page: "You feel awkward when dealing with Ice. While formidable combination of two people simultaneously than you think, players are working hard to give the impression that is very strong, well out of knowing that winning is also likely crap."

yani

Smash Lord
It's really just speculation, they're working on something "Everyone wants us to do".. I wonder what it could be. I've seen lots of support for them doing a Banjo Kazooie, but that's impossible.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
You've probably heard, but still...

Sakurai has posted on his Twitter page that "Kid Icarus: Uprising" has "gone gold." Production is finished. The game is planned to be released in March of this year.

That said, let the countdown begin....

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Ridley is to big for bottom tier, k rool is to fat, ghirahim is to fabulous, waluigi is to ********, bowser jr is to young, and medusa has a sideboob that prevents her from even touching anything below #2 (#1 is ganandorf )

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Whatever happens, Mewtwo needs a big boost. Am anxious to see him get buffed seeing what they did to the likes of G&W.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I tried so hard to get that thing posted at just the right time, but everyone was talking about other things. Third time's the charm, I guess. I think I much less wanted input on it rather than I just needed to externalize my thoughts. Y'know, write an angry letter to someone but don't send it?
Well it's good you're not looking for input as I don't have any to give. With things like that, you probably won't get much more than "neat." It's all so UP IN THE AIR that everyone has their own idea for how it should be. Though, lots of people like the idea of actually playing through NINTENDO WORLDS instead of something generic and bland like the SSE world. It's just the nature of this thread that with everything moving so fast, people aren't going to want to dwell on a long, thought-out response to BIG POSTS when there are other more simple topics readily available. And, y'know, laziness.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Sheik is the most likely veteran to get cut, just sayin. Watch and see it happening

Actually I've heard quite a bit about Lucario getting cut, and also (as much as it pains me to say) Lucas possibly getting cut. So far i've heard barely anything concerning sheik. She's one of the characters I've heard like nothing about, along with Game and Watch and a couple others....

I'm literally scared of who'll get cut. WHY DOES THERE HAVE TO BE CUTS!?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The Game Developers Conference is from March 9-12. There is the chance that we get a new title announced there that gives at least something new to talk about in relation to Smash Bros. For reference, previous titles that were announced at the GDC were Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Super Mario 3D Land.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Ok, brawl newcomers and chances of getting cut-

Diddy Kong- Yes very likely, just like sheik.
Wario- Nope zit
Toon Link- Kinda Sorta
Lucas- Not really
Wolf- No, not really.
Pit- None, ZIT
Meta Knight- Unless for some reason sakurai thinks the only way to stop his AWSOME ness is bY removing him
King DeDeDe- NO
Olimar- He is secured by pikmen 3
PKMN Trainer- Some what
Lucario- ...
Ike- Kinda, (chrome)
ROB- Not really
Sonic- To popular
Snake- Kojima begged and begged, so probably no going.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ok, brawl newcomers and chances of getting cut-

Diddy Kong- Yes very likely, just like sheik.
Wario- Nope zit
Toon Link- Kinda Sorta
Lucas- Not really
Wolf- No, not really.
Pit- None, ZIT
Meta Knight- Unless for some reason sakurai thinks the only way to stop his AWSOME ness is bY removing him
King DeDeDe- NO
Olimar- He is secured by pikmen 3
PKMN Trainer- Some what
Lucario- ...
Ike- Kinda, (chrome)
ROB- Not really
Sonic- To popular
Snake- Kojima begged and begged, so probably no going.

Oh? I must say I never heard anything about Diddy getting cut. Whats your reasoning here?

Veggi

Smash Champion
So, lemme ask ya'll a question. What are your top three characters YOU think needs work on? Mine are Lucario, Wolf, and Young Link.
For the amount of resources they had to choose moves from, Mario, Donkey Kong, and Ganondorf have absolutely horrendous movesets. You're not even playing as Ganondorf when you choose Ganondorf. You're just playing as someone who looks like Ganondorf. Like...how did Nintendo even allow something like that to go through? Miyamoto should have slapped Sakurai in the face and said "that's not Ganondorf. (laughs)"

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh? I must say I never heard anything about Diddy getting cut. Whats your reasoning here?
Is good joke, yes? Ahahahaha.

Hmmm. Nintendo's probably not going to let any WiiU related game slip until E3, huh? Because there's probably not going to be a whole lot FOR it anyway.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman

I heard sakurai hates bananas, and diddy kong does abuse them. (nah, just trolling with diddy. Sheik is just as likely to get cut as diddy.)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy might get "replaced" by a Diddy / Dixie duo, but Sheik getting cut is much more likely than that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Still don't get the love Sheik gets... Well anyways, gonna start up an OOT playthrough I guess. Be prepared though, I'll be analysing Sheik in this one a lot.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Still don't get the love Sheik gets... Well anyways, gonna start up an OOT playthrough I guess. Be prepared though, I'll be analysing Sheik in this one a lot.

I just have one thing to say. The fact that Sheik has gotten in over Impa TWICE and Impa hasn't even gotten so much as a trophy kinda says something, doesn't it? :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
*Is on SmashBoards, the largest SMASH community site*

"Why do people here LOVE SHIEK?"

I just have one thing to say. The fact that Sheik has gotten in over Impa TWICE and Impa hasn't even gotten so much as a trophy kinda says something, doesn't it?
Toon Shiek > Tetra should have sealed Impa's fate the first time we laid eyes on her.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Like, maaan, you don't have to understand love~
This explains my love for Impa <3

@ Poppy: Impa had a bigger role after Brawl than before. That's why.

@ Shorty: Cause of her position of one of the top characters in Melee? Besides, is SS Zelda not "Toon" enough? And isn't "Toon Sheik" not extremely close to what Impa seems to be? Just food for thought... They wanted a Toon Zelda before, they have quite a legitimate one here with the latest release. Getting it?

Well not really, but you see; if they wanted a Toon Zelda, but rather have an actual Zelda why not combine both? Also, combine Sheik with Tetra and exactly what would it look like to you?

Just realising this btw. If you don't wanna start a debate, see this one as a joke.
Yet still...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No, because she's part of Smash bros in general. Makes her a million times more popular than Impa, and a million times more important to Sakurai than Impa, which is the ONLY importance that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom