• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
This explains my love for Impa <3

@ Poppy: Impa had a bigger role after Brawl than before. That's why.

@ Shorty: Cause of her position of one of the top characters in Melee? Besides, is SS Zelda not "Toon" enough? And isn't "Toon Sheik" not extremely close to what Impa seems to be? Just food for thought... They wanted a Toon Zelda before, they have quite a legitimate one here with the latest release. Getting it?

Well not really, but you see; if they wanted a Toon Zelda, but rather have an actual Zelda why not combine both? Also, combine Sheik with Tetra and exactly what would it look like to you?

Just realising this btw. If you don't wanna start a debate, see this one as a joke.
Yet still...
Well, if she was more important than Sheik in OoT like you SAY she was, then why didn't she get even a trophy? Sheik was considered before Impa despite Impa's "important" role in OoT. Even in Brawl, Impa APPARENTLY wasn't even in the game's data, meaning more than likely she wasn't even considered. And even if she was, she lost to Mewtwo, Roy, Dixie Kong, Plusle, Minun, Toon Zelda, and even TOON SHEIK, who doesn't even EXIST. That kinda says something that they considered another(FAKE) Sheik over Impa. :glare:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Careful Shorts. Here, have some hand sanitizer.

*Flicks the excess hand santizer off*

Tankyoo, but I'm not getting any dirtier than I already have. I'm going to try and get HULU to load. I need to catch up on my shows, girl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No, because she's part of Smash bros in general. Makes her a million times more popular than Impa, and a million times more important to Sakurai than Impa, which is the ONLY importance that matters.
Yeah but seriously, Sheik got in cause of a recent appearance in Melee in the first place, then in Brawl it was what seems to be a sort of make up character for the lack of true original additons to the Zelda roster in Brawl (Toon Link, we stiill love you though) with that spare design.

I expect this to change in Smash 4, as Zelda as a series has a lot of change in their cast, there isn't much of constistancy like with Mario, Kirby and Donkey Kong (if only that'd be 100% true from this day on). I at least expect more changes in the 3 main characters we have now for the lack of many new original additions.

And especially if Toon Link gets cut / merged into Link (which I think is quite likely at this point) I think a separate Sheik called Impa would be a bit of a roster filler for this. The rest of the characters I expect to get major revamps.

Link changed significantly from 64 to Melee, but not from Melee to Brawl. I think he'll get a few new moves at least.

Ganondorf will be further Luigified I think, and I hope he'll get all different Bs at least from Falcon mostly based on OoT. His aerial game is fine (and is where he's most unique from Falcon anyway), and he might get a few new Smash moves.

Zelda, I feel will play differently but will retain most of her old moves, with a new Down B, thus separating her from her former alter ego, and her bodyguard takes place as a new representation. Because Sheik is no longer with her, and she is mostly slow herself, make her a little quicker (not fast though, but Luigi's speed if a little slower) and more balanced all over. Less powerful with the lightning kicks, but they'd be easier to hit. Extra priority also, and a more hit and run playstyle with zoning.

This is more of what I'd like to see though, but even with a "classical" approach, I see Impa making it just as Sheik made it in before. Especially if they're basing of Skyward Sword, which I find likely, as the other Zeldas are still in development. It's basically the Sunshine - Galaxy story for Mario. Even though Galaxy was upcoming, and was a definate bigger hit than Sunshine, Mario still got Delfino Plaza, and the F.L.U.D.D for Down B.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well this thread has just gotten plain boring.

I'll check back later if something more interesting comes up. On a side note though, I've updated my ignore list, and it feels so good.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well this thread has just gotten plain boring.

I'll check back later if something more interesting comes up. On a side note though, I've updated my ignore list, and it feels so good.
I think I shouldn't have updated mine.

@Diddy: First, Sheik getting in because of recentcy is purely hypothetical. It's entirely Sakurai didn't think Zelda could fight at first, so made her first, but then decided to use those Spells for Zelda herself. But both are theories, with no official statements, so both are not officially correct.

Likewise, she was still revealed first, making it more likely he considered her important, although honestly, they both played rather good roles in OOT anyway. He had limited space. Making an extra slot for Sheik/Impa wouldn't be easy, and I would rather have Young Link AND Ganondorf than Impa in her own slot when it comes to Melee.

One MORE thing; Stop saying likely like you know for sure what'll happen. Especially when Sakurai has shown no love for Impa when he has for Sheik. He doesn't care about recent appearances, to our knowledge. It's not one of the criteria. So stop bringing it up, like I've told you multiple times. It doesn't work, or having any official bearing to what we can say with certainty.

And now I'm done.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah but seriously, Sheik got in cause of a recent appearance in Melee in the first place,
You seem to think the actually matters?

then in Brawl it was what seems to be a sort of make up character for the lack of true original additons to the Zelda roster in Brawl (Toon Link, we stiill love you though) with that spare design.
This is strictly your own little idea/opinion, so it really doesn't matter, especially considering it's completely false.

I expect this to change in Smash 4, as Zelda as a series has a lot of change in their cast,
there isn't much of constistancy like with Mario, Kirby and Donkey Kong (if only that'd be 100% true from this day on).
lol. LoZ has one of THE LONGEST RUNNING STATIC CASTS EVER. Link, Zelda, Ganondorf. Boom. Sheik and Child link are important to Sakurai, boom. That's the cast for the next game. I call it.

I at least expect more changes in the 3 main characters we have now for the lack of many new original additions.
Link and Zelda/Sheik didn't change much from Melee to Brawl. Ganon did the most, and even then I don't expect much change to happen again.

And especially if Toon Link gets cut / merged into Link (which I think is quite likely at this point)
Did you not just read that Sakurai considers a child Link important? So, not that likely, no.

I think a separate Sheik called Impa would be a bit of a roster filler for this. The rest of the characters I expect to get major revamps.
Major revamps? Where are you getting this from? Nothing in the past, or any of Sakurai's actions EVER have indicated a major revamp for the cast?

Link changed significantly from 64 to Melee, but not from Melee to Brawl. I think he'll get a few new moves at least.
At most.

Ganondorf will be further Luigified I think, and I hope he'll get all different Bs at least from Falcon mostly based on OoT. His aerial game is fine (and is where he's most unique from Falcon anyway), and he might get a few new Smash moves.
The B's are staying, or most are. Sakurai cares about their playstyles too much to change them now. If they were going to change, Brawl was the place.

Zelda, I feel will play differently but will retain most of her old moves, with a new Down B, thus separating her from her former alter ego, and her bodyguard takes place as a new representation.
Again, why? Why do you think this?

Because Sheik is no longer with her, and she is mostly slow herself, make her a little quicker (not fast though, but Luigi's speed if a little slower) and more balanced all over. Less powerful with the lightning kicks, but they'd be easier to hit. Extra priority also, and a more hit and run playstyle with zoning.
Blah, doesn't matter stuff.

This is more of what I'd like to see though
There we go.

, but even with a "classical" approach, I see Impa making it just as Sheik made it in before. Especially if they're basing of Skyward Sword, which I find likely, as the other Zeldas are still in development. It's basically the Sunshine - Galaxy story for Mario. Even though Galaxy was upcoming, and was a definate bigger hit than Sunshine, Mario still got Delfino Plaza, and the F.L.U.D.D for Down B.
You think too highly of SS. Or just lowly of Sakurai's decisions. Probably both.

None of this refutes the three simple points I brought up back there, which are ALLL THAT MATTER

She's part of Smash bros in general. Makes her a million times more popular than Impa

She's a million times more important to Sakurai than Impa, which is the ONLY importance that matters

Toon Shiek > Tetra is proof of how important she is

End game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, if she was more important than Sheik in OoT like you SAY she was, then why didn't she get even a trophy? Sheik was considered before Impa despite Impa's "important" role in OoT. Even in Brawl, Impa APPARENTLY wasn't even in the game's data, meaning more than likely she wasn't even considered. And even if she was, she lost to Mewtwo, Roy, Dixie Kong, Plusle, Minun, Toon Zelda, and even TOON SHEIK, who doesn't even EXIST. That kinda says something that they considered another(FAKE) Sheik over Impa. :glare:
Yeah but neither did any of the 6 Sages got a trophy. Why would Impa get one?
Besides, as said before: Sheik was maybe a little more important than Impa in OOT, but that's a small difference really. And I never said the OOT Impa should get in, the Skyward Sword Impa should get in. There is no Sheik in Skyward Sword to compare Impa with either, neither is Sheik in any other game besides her still rather small role in OOT.

No offense, but Diddy and Dixie would work much better as separate entities. They're not like the Ice Climbers after all.
Yes, I feel the same way. Yet this was what was planned, and they wouldn't be a duo like Ice Climbers, more of a combination between Ice Climbers (where the other Kong runs behind the leader) and *gasp* Zelda / Sheik with changing characters with Down B. Diddy's animation, and the sudden addition of bananas he never used offensively for Down B kinda explains that.

And still, if they feel like having just 3 DK characters in overall, yet want Dixie in; this could be the sollution. I'm only cool with it if it's done exelently, and it will certainly test the team.

Kinda have the feeling --- blocked me also

Also, where has it EVER been stated that Sakurai says Sheik is important?
There is no Toon Sheik... There NEVER WILL BE a Toon "Sheik" either... Twilight Princess changing to Sheik is SOMEWHAT acceptable (she had almost no role to speak of in it anyway till the end), but Zelda from Wind Waker, Spirit Tracks or uhm... Tetra (as her REAL form) from Phantom Hourglass is, and won't ever be having a Toon Sheik. Notice how names aren't even properly finished for most unused characters? Pra_Mai? Myu2? Toon Sheik was to be Tetra.

And I'm actually not thinking too high of SS, Nintendo likes it as well. It, like OOT creates a new direction for the series to grow into with the controlls. Miyamoto felt like he created a master piece with it he said. If anything is thought too highly of, it's OOT. Gonna replay it soon, GameCube version. Let's see how well this game aged. :/

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah but neither did any of the 6 Sages got a trophy. Why would Impa get one?
Besides, as said before: Sheik was maybe a little more important than Impa in OOT, but that's a small difference really. And I never said the OOT Impa should get in, the Skyward Sword Impa should get in. There is no Sheik in Skyward Sword to compare Impa with either, neither is Sheik in any other game besides her still rather small role in OOT.

Yes, I feel the same way. Yet this was what was planned, and they wouldn't be a duo like Ice Climbers, more of a combination between Ice Climbers (where the other Kong runs behind the leader) and *gasp* Zelda / Sheik with changing characters with Down B. Diddy's animation, and the sudden addition of bananas he never used offensively for Down B kinda explains that.

And still, if they feel like having just 3 DK characters in overall, yet want Dixie in; this could be the sollution. I'm only cool with it if it's done exelently, and it will certainly test the team.

Kinda have the feeling --- blocked me also
I don't know, if she's more important, she should get more than a few Stickers that nobody even looks at a second time. :glare:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Also, where has it EVER been stated that Sakurai says Sheik is important?
The fact that she hasn't been cut, despite all your reasoning, and the fact that Toon Shiek was planned over a completely REAL and good character choice (Tetra) only furthers the idea that Sakurai wants the pairing to stay. Three Zeldas so far, all have had Sheik, despite her not showing up very often. Isn't looking likely to change.

There is no Toon Sheik... There NEVER WILL BE a Toon "Sheik" either... Twilight Princess changing to Sheik is SOMEWHAT acceptable (she had almost no role to speak of in it anyway till the end), but Zelda from Wind Waker, Spirit Tracks or uhm... Tetra (as her REAL form) from Phantom Hourglass is, and won't ever be having a Toon Sheik. Notice how names aren't even properly finished for most unused characters? Pra_Mai? Myu2? Toon Sheik was to be Tetra.
See, that's the thing, there was a Toon Shiek, not a Tetra file. Should we all just assume Dixie was Candy? Myu2 was actually a pair of Mews? Like, this is ridiculous.

Again, nothing you've said AGAIN, refutes:

• She's part of Smash bros in general. Makes her a million times more popular than Impa
  • She's a million times more important to Sakurai than Impa, which is the ONLY importance that matters
  • Toon Shiek > Tetra is proof of how important she is

Mewtwo is Mewtwo in Brawl's files, FYI. Toon Sheik would have been Toon Sheik.
I thought so.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That's almost kind of a funny point to make. Like, eleven (if you really want to be generous) names were shortened, yet "TOON_SHEIK" is spelled out. If the goal was to keep it short, it would have been TETRA. But it isn't. It's as though he specifically tried to differentiate the two SHEIKS.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm not gonna budge on Toon Sheik. Someone ask Sakurai please? :/

If there was a Toon Sheik, why would they choose Tetra's Pirate Ship over all choices? What would her trophy data be like? Appeared in which games..? NONE? Trophy description: Zelda used to be a pirate, but we prefer unexcisting ninjas?
Or copy paste regular Sheik's trophy description? 'Zelda hid from Ganondorf by changing into Sheik'. Guess what happened in Wind Waker? Tetra changed into Zelda, THEN got captured.

Naw man, won't do.

If anything, Tetra would've replaced Sheik :/ Not with regular TP Zelda though, though why the hell would that no be possible now? <_< Zelda can alter time and space anyway with her Down B right?

D

Deleted member

If there was a Toon Sheik, why would they choose Tetra's Pirate Ship over all choices? What would her trophy data be like? Appeared in which games..? NONE? Trophy description: Zelda used to be a pirate, but we prefer unexcisting ninjas?
Or copy paste regular Sheik's trophy description? 'Zelda hid from Ganondorf by changing into Sheik'. Guess what happened in Wind Waker? Tetra changed into Zelda, THEN got captured.

Naw man, won't do.

If anything, Tetra would've replaced Sheik :/ Not with regular TP Zelda though, though why the hell would that no be possible now? <_< Zelda can alter time and space anyway with her Down B right?
Another possibility; Sakurai wanted to represent the Toon games.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Naw man, won't do.
Doesn't matter if it won't do, that's how it is. It looks like my points aren't touched, and all yours were strictly opinionated, or irrelevant.

Also, freaking adorable:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@SSBF: Wanted to represent the Toon Zelda games? By what? Adding in a non exsistant character from the Toon Zelda series?

Doesn't matter if it won't do, that's how it is. It looks like my points aren't touched, and all yours were strictly opinionated, or irrelevant.

Also, freaking adorable:

This one here disagrees.

Sheik is irrelevant, not my points.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well even if "Toon Sheik" where infact a Toon Sheik, she was not even put into the game probably BECAUSE THERE IS NO TOON SHEIK. And if it got planned, we would've seen a thropy. Also, there is no Wind Waker nor Toon Sheik model. Hyrule Hystorica again.

Explain what her trophy data would be like again then please?

D

Deleted member

@SSBF: Wanted to represent the Toon Zelda games? By what? Adding in a non exsistant character from the Toon Zelda series?
By adding Toon Link to the game, it's justification for why Tetra's ship is used as a stage.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm just baffled that there was a Toon Sheik in consideration. Her and Toon Zelda had to have been cut just because Toon Sheik would've been the first original character in Smash which would make absolutely no sense.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hey, Giga Bowser only appeared in Melee and Brawl. Same with Crazy Hand. They both got Trophies in Melee.

Any appearances count, including Smash. And Tetra's Pirate Ship is Toon Link's stage currently, and would generally also be Toon Zelda/Sheik's stage. The data says Toon Sheik, so she, from what we know, was going to simply be a clone. But eh, he likes his clones.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well even if "Toon Sheik" where infact a Toon Sheik, she was not even put into the game probably BECAUSE THERE IS NO TOON SHEIK. And if it got planned, we would've seen a thropy. Also, there is no Wind Waker nor Toon Sheik model. Hyrule Hystorica again.

Explain what her trophy data would be like again then please?
Wait, i don't understand. If the code says 'toon sheik', why are you saying it wasn't planned? I'm kinda confused?

AH, I see. You mean cause there wasn't a toon sheik in the actual games? Or maybe i'm wrong, I haven't actually played the likes of wind waker or phantom hourglass, so I can't really say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom