• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
Well then, Ganon (you know why), Sonic (he's weak as ****) and perhaps Lucas (you could tell how one-sided Nintendo was when making his moveset; they didn't give it much thought).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lucas was done well, appart from his Bs and Final Smash. His AAA, Up Smash, Rope Snake, all nice throwbacks to Mother 3. Don't like how he copied Mewtwo with Down Smash however, I really don't.

But overall he's good. The PSI effects on his regular moves are a nice thing. I hope they take note for Mewtwo, Zelda, and uhm... Impa. But with better hitboxes.

I even think Sonic is done well. Yeah he turns into a ball a lot. So what? That's what his games were all about.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Is anyone else really excited to see this thread turned into it's own part of the boards? Eventually you simply WON'T have to run into people because of how many active threads there will be.

Although I wonder how much I'll see my maid >: I'll drag him into the Krystal thread every now and again, or go visit him in his RIDEly thread.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know that there is gonna be a Impa thread right? Or maybe that's what you meant... :laugh: I honestly still don't get all of you guys with your attachment to Sheik.

But yeah, am kind of exited for that to.

And I'm guessing with people you mean dear olde me? :embarrass:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I prefer the Brawl air dodge, as in, that you can use it multiply times and before landing can do at least something. But I liked the extra boost you could get from Melee also. Hopefully they'll combine it somehow.

Brawl's air dodge was too safe and promoted defensive gameplay over offensive gameplay. In my opinion that's just lame, combined with gameplay speed made it absolutely too easy to control to the point where there isn't much challenge going around (not to mention it makes it rather boring to spectate). I'd only want the Melee air dodge back if it came back with all of its useful capabilities. Regardless, Melee air dodge = more interesting and certainly more punishable style play for those who enjoy full technical control over their character.
I one thing that I hated about Melee's air dodging is that you become helpless after doing it. Brawl fixed that up, to some extent, and frankly, I felt that it was for the better.

Ganon is my best bottom tier :(

I also remember how Bowser was considered good in the early Brawl days. How quick things change...

If I recall, didn't the same thing happen to Zelda too?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
"I said "Luigi is issued," and we did not say a word."

Shorts, you don't want me in the Krystal thread because I'll just say "She's a staff and nothing more." And YOUR maid?! FEH.

Oh, neat, Sakurai apparently has thought about the vacuum for Luigi.

"Incidentally, during development, so know that most of Luigi's Mansion, so soon to skill (vacuum off), etc. do not show up."

So I guess he didn't like the idea if he didn't want to bring it up in Brawl. Though there is that Luigi's Mansion 2 to MULL OVER.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@diddy
I dont have a problem with sonic's moveset per se, but rather his lack of priority and overly predictable kill game. I support bomberman and his attacks would be all bombs so I don't mind all spin attacks from sonic.
Also it's not that I'm attached to sheik but I have an aversion to impa. Do you know what conditioning is? You have conditioned me to have an annoyed and disgusted reaction when the though of impa in ssb4 comes up. If you chilled out I would not resent her so much and I might've even supported her.

@shortie
I can't wait! So many stupid discussions I can ignore by just avoiding the thread

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I actually liked Impa back in OOT, I thought she looked stupid in SS when Chu showed off a picture of her. The only reason I liked her as a kid was because she was a FEMALE WARRIOR, I also liked Naburoo or whatever that Gerudo's name was. She was probably my favorite OOT character. Oh, and I really liked Shiek in OoT, and Smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Don't see myself as the only guilty one, as the idea got blasted off before it got seriously considered. It still is. Also, I'm the exact opposite of that Shorty. I didn't like Impa much in OOT, but you know.. kinda have to love her in Skyward Sword. Kinda. ^^

Sonic could use more priority yes, but work on him should not be considered before the Hyrule Tier trio.

Courage!
Wisdom!
Power!

By your powers I combine into...

Absolute garbage tier!!

D

Deleted member

Is anyone else really excited to see this thread turned into it's own part of the boards? Eventually you simply WON'T have to run into people because of how many active threads there will be.

Although I wonder how much I'll see my maid >: I'll drag him into the Krystal thread every now and again, or go visit him in his RIDEly thread.
I'm looking forward to that. I'll be in the Victini thread, heavily supporting it's inclusion.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm looking forward to that. I'll be in the Victini thread, heavily supporting it's inclusion.
I just know my poll is going to get ****ed over at that point. Too many people who don't care, and are williing to vote a billion times. Right now, the numbers look normal, no one character is out of it's usual place. The top ten are the usual, but the day I see something like, WALUIGI being more popular than Toad, I probably will just give up all hope in them being an accurate potrayal of popularity.

But, for now, everything seems AOK. Suprised how little PalMed is being voted on.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I actually liked Impa back in OOT, I thought she looked stupid in SS when Chu showed off a picture of her. The only reason I liked her as a kid was because she was a FEMALE WARRIOR, I also liked Naburoo or whatever that Gerudo's name was. She was probably my favorite OOT character. Oh, and I really liked Shiek in OoT, and Smash.
What picture though?

Edited my old post btw to express what I think.

Also, Impa is still a female warrior in SS. And tbh, first time I saw OOT Impa, I thought she was a man.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Also, Impa is still a female warrior in SS. And tbh, first time I saw OOT Impa, I thought she was a man.
Yeah, but it meant more to me back then, because I hadn't seen a LOZ female actually fight before. Like, I'm pretty sure she died fighting Ganondorf, which is pretty bad***.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah, but it meant more to me back then, because I hadn't seen a LOZ female actually fight before. Like, I'm pretty sure she died fighting Ganondorf, which is pretty bad***.
Skyward Sword Impa still wouldn't dissapoint you though. Quite the contrary. But you'll have to finish the whole game though.

Also, wasn't Sheik trying to resque Impa when she went into the Shadow Temple? I think part of the reason that you went into that place is searching for Impa. I don't think she died though.

Also, am gonna replay OOT soon. GameCube version though. Will analyze Sheik's every move, as I did with Impa in SS.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Don't see myself as the only guilty one, as the idea got blasted off before it got seriously considered. It still is. Also, I'm the exact opposite of that Shorty. I didn't like Impa much in OOT, but you know.. kinda have to love her in Skyward Sword. Kinda. ^^

Sonic could use more priority yes, but work on him should not be considered before the Hyrule Tier trio.

Courage!
Wisdom!
Power!

By your powers I combine into...

Absolute garbage tier!!

It's quite odd how the three main characters of the LoZ franchise are all very bad in Brawl. Ganondorf has it worse though.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No Impa most definitely died. All the spirit sages are dead. No, the reason it impressed me is because she was one of the first strong female characters I saw in a videogame. (Save Chun Li, Cammy, Sakura, SF girls) Now, I clearly know of a lot of strong female characters, so she isn't nearly as big of a deal as she was for me back then.

Ehhh? Yoshi's Egg Roll was based on Kirby's Wheel ability. Maybe that should have been obvious.
I hate that move.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I one thing that I hated about Melee's air dodging is that you become helpless after doing it. Brawl fixed that up, to some extent, and frankly, I felt that it was for the better.
The problem, though, is that players no longer have to commit to it, making it way safer than it should've been. I think making it where the neutral air dodge didn't leave you helpless while keeping everything else the Melee way is the best option.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Ehhh? Yoshi's Egg Roll was based on Kirby's Wheel ability. Maybe that should have been obvious.
Wario's bike seems to have been inspired by Kirby riding on the wheel enemy from Kirby Super Star (from the ending of that Meta Knight level). It's ironic how many moves are taken from the Kirby games.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No Impa most definitely died. All the spirit sages are dead. No, the reason it impressed me is because she was one of the first strong female characters I saw in a videogame. (Save Chun Li, Cammy, Sakura, SF girls) Now, I clearly know of a lot of strong female characters, so she isn't nearly as big of a deal as she was for me back then.
Not quite in Zelda yet, apart from her herself maybe. Smash is also lacking in strong females, only Samus and Zelda really count. Peach.. maybe. But Samus is the only real standout.

Dixie, Krystal and Impa could change this. And then again, Dixie and Impa still stand out in this over Krystal. Slightly, as Krystal is still kinda dependant on Fox

I do think Impa's role is still much better in SS though. There aren't too many real main supporting characters there anyway, and they where not needed.

Maybe the Sages in OOT died cause they where in the Temple going about in places where they don't really belong?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Somebody clearly pranked you.

Anyway, maybe Sakurai doesn't like the regular Triforce users? I mean, canonically, they'd probably be ridiculously more powerful than most characters.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
The Zelda characters are horribly balanced; however (aside from Toon Link). There doesn't really seem to be much improvements either to help fix these characters as well during the transition from Melee to Brawl.

I personally think Link should become less "heavy". His low movement speed also seems to give him the disadvantage in all three Smash games.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Somebody clearly pranked you.

Anyway, maybe Sakurai doesn't like the regular Triforce users? I mean, canonically, they'd probably be ridiculously more powerful than most characters.
Samus is the one that would be ridiculously overpowered

She also sucked in Brawl as well, though

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The Zelda characters are horribly balanced; however (aside from Toon Link). There doesn't really seem to be much improvements either to help fix these characters as well during the transition from Melee to Brawl.

I personally think Link should become less "heavy". His low movement speed also seems to give him the disadvantage in all three Smash games.
If Toon Link doesn't return, I hope Link can be more of a mix between Toon Link and normal Link. A sort of in between speed of both, on moves and running. And Toon Links Up B in terms of recovery. Plus, Skyward Strike. Link needs a revamp badly, more than any veteran. I daresay even Yoshi is much better of.

Canoncally, Samus, the psychics and Ganondorf are the strongest by far.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Maybe the Sages in OOT died cause they where in the Temple going about in places where they don't really belong?

Based on what I remember from Wind Waker, I thought it was because Ganon went on a rampage.

You did see Darunia, Ruto and Nabooru inside those temples though. You even fight Nabooru in armor, she definitely did not get killed though.
In WW or OoT? Its been a while since I played WW, but I remember that the storyline functions as a sequel to OoT.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You did see Darunia, Ruto and Nabooru inside those temples though. You even fight Nabooru in armor, she definitely did not get killed though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Based on what I remember from Wind Waker, I thought it was because Ganon went on a rampage.

In WW or OoT? Its been a while since I played WW, but I remember that the storyline functions as a sequel to OoT.
In OoT itself. The Sages where only seen on glass art in the Wind Waker, not their actual presence.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
????

I hope you are not insulting me, especially considering I did not even bring you up.
Whoa there, you're not as strong as me.

What do you think of that little Melee CG intro tidbit? Was made just for E3, commissioned by 4 companies, actual work took 2 months.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
If Toon Link doesn't return, I hope Link can be more of a mix between Toon Link and normal Link. A sort of in between speed of both, on moves and running. And Toon Links Up B in terms of recovery. Plus, Skyward Strike. Link needs a revamp badly, more than any veteran. I daresay even Yoshi is much better of.

Canoncally, Samus, the psychics and Ganondorf are the strongest by far.

A Link and Toon Link hybrid may be one of the few things that can actually save Link himself from being one of the weaker characters. Link desperately needs to be more agile in order to make his aerials more effective (in which they are indeed strong, but cannot be executed as easily) as well as defending himself.

If his recovery was buffed, I'd say that this would benefit him by a good amount. I don't know what to say about his side B; however. His boomerang should definitely be buffed, but did the Gale Boomerang benefit him in Brawl by pulling in his foes?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@PsychoIncarnate: Samus isn't even close to a physical god like Ganondorf somewhat is. She can be defeated through normal means. Canonically, Ganondorf's MUCH stronger. Not to say she wouldn't give him one hell of a fight.

If Toon Link doesn't return, we'll see Young Link instead. Sakurai wants a Child Link in there. Also, I'd say the first Link from 64 was a combination of them. He had the OOT appearance, but clearly the Boomerang, which is Young Link only.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Whoa there, you're not as strong as me.

What do you think of that little Melee CG intro tidbit? Was made just for E3, commissioned by 4 companies, actual work took 2 months.
I am still getting the feeling that Sakurai won't want to show anything until he has actual work done on both versions of the game. However, this at least shows its possible for Sakurai to get a CG trailer together between now and E3.

I don't think its going to happen, but its possible.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I am still getting the feeling that Sakurai won't want to show anything until he has actual work done on both versions of the game. However, this at least shows its possible for Sakurai to get a CG trailer together between now and E3.
Do you think we could at least get some TIDBITS? Or an interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom