• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Needs more Impa in that story :troll:

:phone:

I'm sure I used to have an opinion about all that, but watching you guys gut each other made me forget it. If Impa does replace Sheik, then she would get a super duper fun time in the story mode, just like everyone else. If not, Sheik would. Seeing their names is starting to make me physically sick.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I understand. It's just this whole debate has me frazzled, and I'm not even on either side.

But thank you. I think the narrative is less important than presenting a cinematic approach to the single player experience. It's insanely difficult to make sense of all those characters from different universes being in the same story, so the simpler the better. That being said, there are plenty of solid ideas for a cool story.

But yeah, thanks!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am thinking of dropping the subject for a little while though. Unless someone else brings it up.

D

Deleted member

Welp, apparently I had the interview between Iwata (or maybe Miyamoto) and Sakurai for the original Smash Bros. but lost it when my harddrive crashed months ago...

I'll keep looking for it, see if I can find it again.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
I don't know where we exactly are at this point; however, I was wondering if any of you had any problems with how the aerial dodges worked in Brawl. In Melee, the aerial dodge allowed the characters to have an extra small jump before falling to their certain doom. However in Brawl, the aerial dodges now allowed the characters to continuously air dodge (though that extra jump was removed). I personally feel that the air dodges may have been changed in order to fit in with the Brawl physics. Should the air dodges work like they did in SSB4 as they did in Melee or should they be kept the same as they were in Brawl?

D

Deleted member

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I prefer the Brawl air dodge, as in, that you can use it multiply times and before landing can do at least something. But I liked the extra boost you could get from Melee also. Hopefully they'll combine it somehow.

GoldenY, personally I even find Mega Man not quite so likely actually. So I don't expect no second Snake.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Willing to push for it might work too. Likewise, if no other companies try, getting one more from Sega and Konami isn't out of the possibility.

A Belmont for Konami. For Sega, we've got Shining Force, for starters.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think that if oil in 3 introduces a new pikmen color species should olimar get them and should his max # pikmen that follow him to up? Also olimars down special should be different, maybe something like sprays from pikmen 2.

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
Brawl's air dodge was too safe and promoted defensive gameplay over offensive gameplay. In my opinion that's just lame, combined with gameplay speed made it absolutely too easy to control to the point where there isn't much challenge going around (not to mention it makes it rather boring to spectate). I'd only want the Melee air dodge back if it came back with all of its useful capabilities. Regardless, Melee air dodge = more interesting and certainly more punishable style play for those who enjoy full technical control over their character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They should combine the offensive part of Melee with the defensive part of Brawl, but with a sort of in between speed of 64 and Melee I feel. Melee might've played better, but defense was seriously lacking.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I preferred the Melee air dodge because you were committed to your air dodge. The only thing that I would change is no helpless state on neutral air dodges.

D

Deleted member

Willing to push for it might work too. Likewise, if no other companies try, getting one more from Sega and Konami isn't out of the possibility.

A Belmont for Konami. For Sega, we've got Shining Force, for starters.
I have serious doubts on this. For one, it was Kojima himself that went to Sakurai for Snake, not Konami as a whole.
If anything, we would see a 2nd Metal Gear character before a Belmont.

Sega hasn't shown enough caring of Smash Bros., and it was up to Sakurai to contact them for Sonic, due to the sheer demand he had.
If it took effort just to get Sonic, why would Sakurai push for one of Sega's other series?

My prediction is that Snake and Sonic remain the only reps for their respective companies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Same here. Only other likely characters to me MIGHT be Mega Man, and maybe Professor Layton. Otherwise, an extra Sonic or Metal Gear character. But I wouldn't get my hopes up. Mega Man support is cool, but I don't see him as a shoe in yet. 65-70% at most.

D

Deleted member

In other news, Rayquaza won the title of most popular Version Mascot.
2nd-Pikachu
3rd-Reshiram

Last-Venusaur

EDIT: As a result, one is being distributed.
"This Rayquaza is at level 100, holds a Life Orb, has a Classic Ribbon, and is in a Cherish Ball. Its moves are ExtremeSpeed, Hyper Beam, Dragon Pulse and V-create—a move previously only known by Victini. Its original Trainer is 「せんきょ」 Election and is male, and its Trainer ID number is 02102."

EDIT again: Wait, this Rayquaza has a gender?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I hope they don't remove the DACUS attacks from Brawl. I loved doing it with Sheik (Even though it was hard to do)

yani

Smash Lord
@ Golden isn't that the Japan one? I think there was one for each country ( Japan Europe US)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I hope they don't remove the DACUS attacks from Brawl. I loved doing it with Sheik (Even though it was hard to do)
If I'm not getting my terminology wrong, I was able to do that since day 1, WITHOUT THE C-STICK!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In other news, Rayquaza won the title of most popular Version Mascot.
2nd-Pikachu
3rd-Reshiram

Last-Venusaur

EDIT: As a result, one is being distributed.
"This Rayquaza is at level 100, holds a Life Orb, has a Classic Ribbon, and is in a Cherish Ball. Its moves are ExtremeSpeed, Hyper Beam, Dragon Pulse and V-create—a move previously only known by Victini. Its original Trainer is 「せんきょ」 Election and is male, and its Trainer ID number is 02102."

EDIT again: Wait, this Rayquaza has a gender?
A gender? Da ***?

No doubt it has horrible EVs, IVs and nature though? But it is indeed surprising to see Rayquaza beating Pikachu. Pika still is the most popular all around right?

How do I DACUS btw?

D

Deleted member

Wrong. Pikachu was beaten by other Legendaries in the pre-Unova polls in Japan. (however, Pika is still in the Top 10)

America, Charizard is on top, last I saw.

If 3rd Gen ever gets a rep, it's Deoxys.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I mentioned a minigame idea I had last night. Well, here it is. Inspired by Tf2.

Capture the Flag

Stage: Very big. So big, the camera scrolls on your screen.
Damage set: Stanima, 300-200. Stock: Unlimited, but respawn is custom (Automatic to 20 seconds). Time: Custom. You can set it for no time or very little time. Lowest is 2 minutes.
Items: Items are not on. Flags never fade (Like items do overtime). However, there are two unique items that only appear in the minigame: Tap Spheres and Brawl Spheres. Tap Spheres are used for the radar (Explaination below), and Brawl Spheres are random items that have different effects (Also explained below).
Teams: A total of two teams (Choices of Red, Blue, Black, and Green.) may vs. each other.

So, the main point is to find "The Flag" and bring it back to you base. The catch? When your holding it, you take some damage as you hold it. The first base to have 3 to -- points (-- being any number under 100) is the winner. Now, how would this work on Sm4sh? I figured out an idea.

Remember the Wii-U controller? Perhaps that could show a map of the entire stage, which is so big, the camera scrolls. The map might also hold a radar. The radar, once tapped, sends a signal that shows where enemies are. In order to tap the radar, you must find Tap Spheres, items that randomly appear. Once you find a Tap Sphere, your radar on your controller will glow. Once again, tap it, and the Tap Sphere will fade. You can find and hold a maximum of three. On the discussion of spheres, there's also the Brawl Spheres. They have random effects. Here are the effects:
-Heals your stanima 50+ (Depending on your situation. If you somehow have below 10 stanima, you gain 100% health). If you're already healed, this effect won't appear.
-Puts a shield around you, which is a ring that enbraces you. It lasts 15 seconds. In order to turn it on, you must tap the Brawl Sphere in your Wii-U Controller, and it'll begin. Note that if you have the Flag, or grab it, the shield auto fades. That's to prevent easy flag grabs.
-Makes you stronger. The Brawl Sphere on the Wii-U will glow. Tap it to gain a 50% boost in attacks for 15 seconds. This also fades if you' get the flag, or are holding it. Once again, to prevent easy flag grabs.

The stage is like a maze, much like the 1st level when you first play as ZSS, and the one with Pikachu. The respawn isn't like in battle. You auto spawn in the flag room, but as a trophy. When the Respawn time for that character runs out, the trophy will reborn, and the character can continue fighting.

A team can hold three characters (Tbh, if this actually happened, my team would be Wolf, Lucario, and Young Link :smirk:). It's best to choose a defensive, a runner, and a fighter (My team is low tier XD). Also, teams cannot be the same character (One team can't be three Dks, for example). A good team example would be Def: Pit, Att: Charizard, Runner: Sonic.

Now, the Announcer would announce events. Example:
1. [Color] Team's Flag is Captured!
2. [Color] Team's Flag has Dropped!
3. [Color] Team has scored.
4. Time is running out!
5. Time's up!
He'll also announce rare or impressive events.
1. [Character Name] is a Defense Genius! (Defeats 3 enemies near base in succession).
2. [Character Name] is an Attack Master! (Defeats 3 enemies away from base in succession.
3. [Character Name] is really fast! (Captures 3 flags in succession).

So, I'll work on this more, but please, do rate/comment, or maybe share ideas?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I have serious doubts on this. For one, it was Kojima himself that went to Sakurai for Snake, not Konami as a whole.
If anything, we would see a 2nd Metal Gear character before a Belmont.

Sega hasn't shown enough caring of Smash Bros., and it was up to Sakurai to contact them for Sonic, due to the sheer demand he had.
If it took effort just to get Sonic, why would Sakurai push for one of Sega's other series?

My prediction is that Snake and Sonic remain the only reps for their respective companies.
Kojima and Sega can really suggest anything they wish, of course. With Sega not doing supremely well, whatever game they wanted to sell, they could easily advertise with Smash.

As for Kojima, how much does he do with Castlevania?

But I honestly, at this point, expect Capcom with MegaMan or M. Bison, atleast according to that interview. I'd rather have MegaMan, but I won't complain about Bison, who has yet to get into a Crossover game, I believe.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I just recently discovered DACUS, but am at loss how to perform it. It's more than just a sliding Up Smash right? It's like... A Luigi Wavedash long sliding Up Smash right? Tell me how to do it please, it would spice up my Diddy a lot.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just recently discovered DACUS, but am at loss how to perform it. It's more than just a sliding Up Smash right? It's like... A Luigi Wavedash long sliding Up Smash right? Tell me how to do it please, it would spice up my Diddy a lot.

Wolf does it with love :)

While running, press (A) and ^. It'll slide. On the GC controller, press the (C) stick upwards, if set on smash attacks.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I have done that since the beginning to, heck CPU Snakes do it all the time. How do you do the long one?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
****ing QFT. The blind fanboyism in this thread has skyrocketed. It's almost physically sickening.

Yeah, I'm missing anything new now because of the fantastic Flawewar 4.

I like how grasping at straws and obsessive posting is less fanboyish than the rest of the world unanimously refuting all that.

Whose fault is it when nobody likes your ideas?
It's clear you weren't here for when Diddy post were all "Boo Sheik, yeah Impa." Freud called that projection.

Also, during the pre-Brawl days, everyone said "X will be replaced for X." Esspecially Falco for Krystal. In the end, we had Falco, but no Krystal. All that is happening with you and Diddy is the same dance that happened before. And, once again, you guys chose to be on the losing side.
Sorry guys, but I'm agreeing with these two this time.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It also always looks longer to me when someone else does it. No problem btw.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I pissed off someone by spamming (A)> smash with Wolf. It's so awesome on The Bridge of Eldin Lol Also, I might* be online Wednsday. Xblis, be ready, because I can't let you win :smirk:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I think kuma and Diddy are confusing a sliding Usmash with a dash attack canceled one.
The latter will be the long one you're talking about duddy

Oli's Dspecial should definitely stay. Not only does it allow an olimar to adapt his pikmen for certain situations (like putting a red pikmen first and being able to safely attack bowser through a flame thrower) it also helps him to survive by using it right before being attacked.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Dacus inputs, Dash+:cstick2: into immeadiate :cstick8:. In frame slowdown you'll notice it cancels the dash attack. In real time you'll see a change of distance in your Hyphen Smash.

@Asage: If someone is losing to Fsmash spam they are bad. LOL

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Do you guys think that if oil in 3 introduces a new pikmen color species should olimar get them and should his max # pikmen that follow him to up? Also olimars down special should be different, maybe something like sprays from pikmen 2.

I say it depends on how many are introduced. I personally expect a Green and Orange to be introduced. I say that if more than one is introduced, it should increase to the number of Pikmin species excluding Bulbmins, so he can add one of each.

As for his Down Special, I think it should stay. The Whistle is such a key item to Olimar in the Pikmin games. Perhaps if they add another new special, that can be the sprays?

D

Deleted member

Kojima and Sega can really suggest anything they wish, of course. With Sega not doing supremely well, whatever game they wanted to sell, they could easily advertise with Smash.

As for Kojima, how much does he do with Castlevania?

But I honestly, at this point, expect Capcom with MegaMan or M. Bison, atleast according to that interview. I'd rather have MegaMan, but I won't complain about Bison, who has yet to get into a Crossover game, I believe.
Kojima is the Metal Gear guy. He has little to nothing with Castlevania.
Sega wouldn't do that. Trust me on this one.
Again, he said he would like to see M. Bison, but he said Mega Man would be his choice. AND Capcom USA desperately want Mega Man in, and Capcom Japan said they would allow it, but it's up to Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom