• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The Mii's Up Special should be the Mii Channel cursor picking it up and carrying him around. :3

Maybe it could funciton similar to Pit's, but much easier to use, which is offset by the Mii becoming helpless upon being let go of, and perhaps some long landing animation.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's not, as I said she was likely to get cut pre Brawl as well. Look at the roster again next time you play Brawl. Sheik is the only non retro with just 1 appearance, which in fact is not even an impressive appearance at all. Far from it actually.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Now god damn it, I should have known better than to mention Impa.

Can we just drop this before everyone feels embarrassed again.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Again, do you really think Sakurai cares that much Diddy Kong=??? Sakurai sees Sheik as an extension of Zelda. Unless we get another (similar?) alternate form of (adult) Zelda, expect Sheik to stay.

Really, this whole Sheik leaving thing is ridiculous. Sakurai's reasons to keep her are clear as day, and Sheik was never a filler character. Plus Sheik has a play style that I definitely don't see in any other character. That flashy, combolicious, quick movement play style is really unique in a field of unique move sets in smash. It truly is unlike any other. Seriously, just play Sheik in Melee or Brawl and compare.

Also Diddy Kong, didn't you say Sheik wouldn't return in Brawl=??? :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I didn't do so much as mentioning her name on this page thus far, was just discussing some Sheik.

Actually, I HAVE been playing lots of Sheik in Brawl lately. And, I've been getting good with her. Can't say however that I switch into Zelda much, as most don't. Her style is why people want her to stay, not her character. Which is why she is disposable.

Skyward Sword Zelda is that alternate adult Zelda you speak of. If Link is considered adult in SS, then so is Zelda as his classmate. I estimate them around 18~20. not younger.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I said that Impa Mii thing. I feel responsible. It is a great Shame.

JOHN ISN'T HELPING ANY.

It's like a disease we have to all try and prevent. Everyone put on your face masks.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wasn't far off with my Sheik doom prediction in Brawl however. What was lacking back there was proper replacement, and it's safe to say I have found out who that should be now ^^

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm like the public enemy in this thread. In the old ages, I'd probably be hanged for witchcraft by now :( I can't help my future sight

Mewtwo is also likelier than a new generation rep btw.
Hit me.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Don't go on public transit. Impa is in the air.
It's weird, we've never had a Roy outbreak, or Meowth warning, or even a Krystal prevention system set up, and all three of us have been active on this board for.... at the least, three consistant years?

This Impa **** is some of the stupidest stuff I have ever seen on this, AND the old thread. And I was there for the Duck Hunt Dog debates, the famous Steam and Google battle argument, Chris, and even Omega, but this is by far THE STUPIDEST thing I've seen. At least Omega and Steam knew when to keep their crazy hole closed.

Ridiculous.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Nah, Mewtwo is just more requested than a Pokemon newcomer, I wouldn't say he's more likely (keep in mind that I ****ing LOVE Mewtwo, he's my favorite Pokemon ever)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Dixie Kong or King K. Rool? I want both! No, actually I want a Dixie & Kiddy team and King K. Rool. That way we get all four playable Kongs from the SNES games and the main villain of the series in Smash. And we finally get a Kong team we were denied of in Brawl in Smash 4. I loved Rare's Donkey Kong Country games... I liked all three SNES games and the N64 one.

Sheik or Impa? Personally I'd rather have Impa. At least Impa is recurring since the NES games. I almost never transform into Sheik, I prefer playing as Zelda. So I'd like Zelda to get a new Down B move... and separate Sheik, dress her in Impa's clothes and RENAME her Impa. That way Sheik's moveset and playstyle live on through Impa. :awesome: I've always wanted to separate Zelda and Sheik even before Brawl was announced... and now we've found a suitable substitute for Sheik... it had nothing to do with Diddy Kong's Impa propaganda. I merely agree with Diddy Kong's sentiments but I'm not going to be upset if Sheik stays and Impa didn't get added... there are other characters I want more than Impa such as Meowth, Duck Hunt Dog, and Tingle. And Toon Sheik can stay out of Smash. I don't want the Light Arrow to be the new Landmaster.

Toad vs. Bowser Jr. vs. Paper Mario vs. Waluigi vs. Geno.

Toad, I choose you! He's one of the first Mario characters introduced since Super Mario Bros. He's appeared in almost all of the Mario games since then... and he's been playable in Super Mario Bros. 2 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii and even had his own game at one point, Wario's Woods. He's one of the two generic species (Yoshi is the other) to be playable in the Mario canon games. That makes Toad more important than Goomba, Koopa, Shy Guy, Boo, etc. He's been playable in most of the Mario spin-off games, more than Waluigi has. And for aesthetic reasons, he doesn't look anything like Mario, Luigi, Peach, or Bowser... which is what I like... visual variety, you know? That's one more reason why I'm not rooting for Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, nor Waluigi. Another reason why I'm picking Toad is that I think he would be pretty unique with superhuman strength, speed, kart driving, and picking vegetables (these are the traits Sakurai mentioned in Toad's Melee and Brawl trophies).

Bowser Jr. is a strong candidate but I think he is more likely going to end up a Bowser clone. Look at Toon Link. He had unique stuff in Wind Water, Four Swords, Minish Cap and he still ended up a clone of adult Link. Let's not forget how Sakurai described Dark Samus on her Brawl trophy, how she's exactly the same as Samus but the difference is the color. Now, I've never played Metroid Prime 2 or 3... and according to her pre-Brawl supporters, she had different powers. So my #1 reason for not supporting Bowser Jr. is because I want Toad more. My #2 reason for not supporting Bowser Jr. is because I think he is more likely going to be a Bowser clone, knowing Sakurai's track record.

Paper Mario... ugh... I don't want another Mario... one Mario is enough... if we get Paper Mario, people will start asking for Paper Luigi, Paper Peach, and Paper Bowser. No thanks! We also don't need a different Mario to rep each spin-off series. Dr. Mario for the Dr. Mario series. Paper Mario for the Paper Mario series. Striker Mario for the Mario Strikers series. Chef Mario for Yoshi's Cookie! :troll:

Waluigi... uhh.. he can stick with the Mario spin-off games and stay out of Smash. No Waluigi Time except whenever he appears as an Assist Trophy. ;)

Geno, I am sorry but he is such a poor choice for a new Mario rep or a Square rep. Never saw what's so great about him and I've played and beaten Super Mario RPG dozens of times between 1996 to 2001... I was obsessed with the game back then. I've always preferred Mallow anyway but you don't see me spamming "Mallow for Smash!" To me, Geno is like the Impa of Brawl... in the same sense that someone on Nsider used to spam the boards with Geno support and writing tl;dr essays about why Geno is so deserving and how unique he would be... and eventually, people couldn't stop talking about Geno... like someone said about Diddy Kong's Impa propaganda.

Hell, we even got a Facebook page with over 1,000 supporters for the Duck Hunt Dog... I never imagined I'd see such a number of supporters since I started spamming Nsider with my Duck Hunt Dog propaganda 10 years ago. I remember being treated like the public enemy on Nsider. I got flamed... and everyone told me that the dog never fought before while they conveniently forgot that Captain Falcon and Sheik never fought before. They then came up with BS reasons why the dog can't be in Smash such as how the dog has no name or how the dog has no job. And the funny thing is, when R.O.B. was confirmed, there was a massive nerd rage over the poor NES peripheral. I remember reading posts on Smashboards about how they should have added the Duck Hunt Dog instead.:troll:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
DHD for Sm4sh Supporters= The corner of insanity. Lol...

I decided to make a small list of supported characters that seem trolly. Here's what I have so far. Care to add? (Ones that have huge popularity, and are seriously suggested. Magikarp doesn't count).

-DHD
-Waluigi
-Tingle

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
For little macs grabs, he can jam his opponents in between his boxing gloves and then keep jamming for pummels. Throws are no problem.
Oh, and bubbles for smash. :-)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A lot of pages sure went by after my last post. Anyway...

I like Waluigi, but I am totally against his inclusion in Smash 4. Waluigi fan boys treat like he's the best choice for a newcomer and because they like him, it means he is likely. Giving him a Luigi's Mansion 2 appearance will make them 10x as annoying and make me worried they'll infect other sites with their obsession (as if I am not worried enough).
As much as I like to see Waluigi fight, the main thing that's hurting his chances is the lack of a mainstream appearance.

On a different subject, I have been finding it odd that Kirby never really showed any serious expressions in Brawl. Kirby's Epic Yarn and Kirby's Return to Dream Land easily showed him with serious expressions, so I'd hope that for Smash 4, he'd at least act tougher than he did in Brawl; especially in Adventure Mode.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You know, even Falco could possibly leave for Krystal if they want a new character and keep it with 3 StarFox characters. Though I find this far less likely than Impa leaving.

People said this all the time, and were wrong.

It sucks Sheik won't be revealed till later on. I can't wait to rub it in your face. Especially when Impa isn't revealed at all.

This Sheik stuff at this point is one of the big reasons I find myself NOT coming in here anymore. It's ridiculous. Even people over at Nsider think the Impa thing is ridic. YES, a whole other community thinks what you're getting at is nonsense.

Literally, someone pulled her out of the poll results, and was like "WTF?"
I'm feeling it too. It's just annoying when a certain someone only post about "Impa>Sheik."

CHRONO AGAIN, but anyone can ring in really, would you agree that most of our newcomers this time around are going to have already debuted in Smash in SOME FORM?

(K. Rool has a trophy, Ridley being a boss, Krystal and her stuff, ect)

Sort of leaning away from stickers.
Maybe. The only reason most would have been in Smash is because of the trophies. A few would have played bigger roles (Assist, bosses ect.)

Miis are another strong possibility. I think if we don't get Miis in Smash 4 they probably won't show up in the future. Sakurai determined his roster in late 2005 so he had no idea about how much of phenomenon the Miis would become.
I think it depends of if Sakurai really sees them as a character. Miis are really an avatar and the question comes to should they fight along side the rest of the cast. I think that will be the question about them.

May I interrupt?
Yes?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's not as much fanboyism when I can actually defend my cause by facts, and not my likes. My argument for expecting Sheik to be gone goes far beyond that if you haven't noticed.

If it could just be accepted to be possible (and quite so) instead of blasted off all the time, long *** debates wouldn't be needed.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm gonna side with Diddy on this. It's more like the other side has blind fanboyism than Diddy.

And for people accepting things as possibilities, that would help this thread suck so much less.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@kuma
Generally people don't like change, they need some consistent and stable to depend on. Sheik, along with the original 12, and a few others have become part of that stable environment of many of the posters in this thread. Sure that's not the right way to be but I can almost gurantee that more people would be atleast willing to listen if Diddy werent do annoying with his impa support. The way he adamantly, rudely, and stubbornly thrusts her into conversations only irritate people and make them cling even harder to there beliefs. It's not a good sign when 80% of your post contain "impa :awesome:" it just shows extreme obsession and while it may be for good reason, others will dismiss it as blind fanboyism.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It just makes me wonder why people have to have Sheik so badly. Been through it all before why exactly she was liked, but people here apparently can't see beyond 'Sheik = Zelda' (in one instance out of like... 20 games) and 'Sheik is in Smash thus popular', which are all discreditable facts.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
I'm gonna side with Diddy on this. It's more like the other side has blind fanboyism than Diddy.
I like how grasping at straws and obsessive posting is less fanboyish than the rest of the world unanimously refuting all that.

And for people accepting things as possibilities, that would help this thread suck so much less.
Whose fault is it when nobody likes your ideas?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

It's clear you weren't here for when Diddy post were all "Boo Sheik, yeah Impa." Freud called that projection.

Also, during the pre-Brawl days, everyone said "X will be replaced for X." Esspecially Falco for Krystal. In the end, we had Falco, but no Krystal. All that is happening with you and Diddy is the same dance that happened before. And, once again, you guys chose to be on the losing side.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Falco however is by far more staple to StarFox than Sheik ever was to Zelda. Multiple appearances really helped him establish his popularity within the StarFox games.

And you know, people not too clingy who actually read my post at least see my points. Heck, some even LIKE the idea. Only the older posters here generally don't.

That I'm the only one defending Impa doesn't mean I'm the only one wanting her.

LOL at 'the rest of the world' though. Want me to post those Skyward Sword character model hacks for Brawl again, which are uhhm.. not made by me?

Or just Google 'Impa Smash Bros' and see yourself?

Also, in the end, we can Lucario, and not Mewtwo. Falco can coexist with Krystal, Lucas can coexist with Ness. Impa vs Sheik is way different. And the prediction Ike > Roy also didn't come true I guess? Neither did 'Wind Waker Link' > Young Link right?

D

Deleted member

If there are cuts happening, I hope Sakurai doesn't announce it. If Sakurai were to announce it again, expect many people to go cut-happy (AKA 5 or more characters), despite it being likely it'll be kept to an minimum.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Falco however is by far more staple to StarFox than Sheik ever was to Zelda. Multiple appearances really helped him establish his popularity within the StarFox games.
You missed the point. It's a comparison. Your doing the same thing all those others did. And they were wrong. You will be wrong because you fail to see that.

And you know, people not too clingy who actually read my post at least see my points. Heck, some even LIKE the idea. Only the older posters here generally don't.
Projection.

LOL at 'the rest of the world' though. Want me to post those Skyward Sword character model hacks for Brawl again, which are uhhm.. not made by me?

Or just Google 'Impa Smash Bros' and see yourself?

You can do that for other characters too you know.

D

Deleted member

@Diddy Kong: I only got active in Smash 4 speculation in June and I find Impa to be one of the worst ideas frequently mentioned.

yani

Smash Lord
I'm 99% sure everyone in Brawl from Melee is safe. I would be okay with a Zelda/Sheik split (Giving Sheik her own slot) but that's it. It's also unlikely because the charm of Zelda's character is the transformation

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
http://forum.ngamer.nl/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=6446&start=720 Second post, spoiler pic.

I don't believe I missed the point, and as usual my posts gets not fully quoted. YOU, dear sir fail to see what actually happened. Ike was in, Roy was not. Sakurai didn't knew who Krystal was. Toon Link made it, Young Link did not. Dr.Mario and Pichu got actually cut. And strangely enough, Lucario made it over Mewtwo. And Ness and Lucas got in both. I don't think I missed a major discussion point in terms of replacements here, as I was there myself pre Brawl. :/

Yani, point is, nobody even switches between Zelda and Sheik. And Sheik herself will not have an own spot.

D

Deleted member

Diddy Kong said:
Yani, point is, nobody even switches between Zelda and Sheik. And Sheik herself will not have an own spot.
I think most would agree in that they like playing as both, even if it's not their main style of play.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No, its strictly Zelda or Sheik for most. With some novelity players playing both, which are the vast minority.

They are already basically two different characters since the Melee days.

Hence we have sub boards separate for Zelda and Sheik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom