• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
"sees the current topic"

It's fake. Totally fake. "laughs"

Also we're at 5000 pages.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Have they confirmed that Waluigi isn't in Luigi's Mansion 2? I'd love to see him pop up as the final boss out of nowhere.
I think Waluigi popping in as a major character in Luigi's Mansion 2 will give the Waluigi fanbase serious wind to their sails. Its scary to think how vicious the various fanbases for the Mario newcomer will be (Toad, Bowser Jr. Paper Mario, Waluigi, Geno).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Have they confirmed that Waluigi isn't in Luigi's Mansion 2? I'd love to see him pop up as the final boss out of nowhere.
Oh God no, lol! Keep Waluigi in the silly Mario spin-off party games... unless he actually develops an original personality with original characteristics that are unlike those that Mario, Luigi, and Wario have/display/show.

Also, congratulations on posting this thread's 75,000th post Aether. I still got the 69,000th post honors, which clearly is the way better post number... :trool:

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
It sucks Sheik won't be revealed till later on. I can't wait to rub it in your face. Especially when Impa isn't revealed at all.

This Sheik stuff at this point is one of the big reasons I find myself NOT coming in here anymore. It's ridiculous. Even people over at Nsider think the Impa thing is ridic. YES, a whole other community thinks what you're getting at is nonsense.

Literally, someone pulled her out of the poll results, and was like "WTF?"
^ This guy mentioned Sheik vs Impa. Do it.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Oh God no, lol! Keep Waluigi in the silly Mario spin-off party games... unless he actually develops an original personality with original characteristics that are unlike those that Mario, Luigi, and Wario have/display/show.

Also, congratulations on posting this thread's 75,000th post Aether. I still got the 69,000th post honors, which clearly is the way better post number... :trool:
Let me know when Wario acts ANYTHING like Waluigi.

Qlaw

Smash Cadet
What do you guys think about characters cut from brawl but were in melee?

Will they come back?

If so, will their moveset be the same?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Have those people played Skyward Sword or any Zelda at all I often wonder? Don't blame me, but Nsider kinda has this stereotype of being massive Mario (Party, Kart, everything) fanboys. I hardly take them more serious than say, 4chan's /v/.

Qlaw: Sheik will be Impa in Smash 4 :awesome: thoughts?
:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think Waluigi popping in as a major character in Luigi's Mansion 2 will give the Waluigi fanbase serious wind to their sails. Its scary to think how vicious the various fanbases for the Mario newcomer will be (Toad, Bowser Jr. Paper Mario, Waluigi, Geno).
Yeah, Toad, Bowser Jr, Waluigi, Paper Mario, and maybe Geno will all have huge support. I think Toad will get a lot of the support of older smasher bros fans, including much of the Geno fanbase. Personally, aside from Waluigi, I would love to see any of those characters as playable characters in smash-if done right, of course!

Also, new topic: Dixie Kong vs. King K. Rool! Who is the better/more likely/more unique character choice=???

I wanna hear what you guys say on this. Personally, I have really no opinion either way, as I like both characters equally, and I think they would be equally unique. However, I think that King K. Rool is slightly more popular, due to his near universal support...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I still think we're either going to get one or both. That is, along with Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong returning, of course! The Donkey Kong series and brand got a huge revival with DKRC's 5.5 million copies sold. If the next Star Fox game sold that many units, we would all view Krystal as a lock.

And dang it, keep Diddy Kong as his own character. Him teaming with Dixie would be broken beyond belief!!!

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
I also think that having both would be the best way (like that hasn't been said already :awesome:); though personally I think K. Rool might have the advantage (just by a bit).

It would be nice to have another Melee occurrence in this case where the villain and the prominent female character both get added (Bowser and Peach, but this time with K Rool and Dixie).

Qlaw

Smash Cadet
I'd say K.Rool- it seems the Smash trend goes:

Main

Sidekick

Enemy

Zap: Zelda/sheik(oops, i mean impa) and gannon follow that too

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Qlaw
So in other words...

1st Priority: Main character(s) (Donkey Kong, Fox)

2nd Priority: The hands down #1 Sidekick (Diddy Kong, Falco)

3rd Priority: The famous foe/reoccurring boss enemy/main character's biggest rival (King K. Rool, Wolf).

4th Priority: The hands down #1 sidekick's hands down #1 sidekick (Dixie Kong, Krystal/Slippy/Peppy). :troll:

D

Deleted member

It sucks Sheik won't be revealed till later on. I can't wait to rub it in your face. Especially when Impa isn't revealed at all.

This Sheik stuff at this point is one of the big reasons I find myself NOT coming in here anymore. It's ridiculous. Even people over at Nsider think the Impa thing is ridic. YES, a whole other community thinks what you're getting at is nonsense.

Literally, someone pulled her out of the poll results, and was like "WTF?"
I am glad Marcel did the honor of calling out the fan base. I am tired of Impa and I cannot understand the stupidity of the fan base. Second worst next to Waluigi as it stands. Putting up with both fan base until they are essentially deconfirmed is going to suck hard.

@ChronoBound: I am literally hoping that Waluigi does not get in Luigi's Mansion 2. The last thing I want to see is characters I am against get in. On top of that, we don't want more fuel to their fire.

Qlaw

Smash Cadet
@ Qlaw
So in other words...

1st Priority: Main character(s) (Donkey Kong, Fox)

2nd Priority: The hands down #1 Sidekick (Diddy Kong, Falco)

3rd Priority: The famous foe/reoccurring boss enemy/main character's biggest rival (King K. Rool, Wolf).

4th Priority: The hands down #1 sidekick's hands down #1 sidekick (Dixie Kong, Krystal/Slippy/Peppy). :troll:
Wrong, Fox gets his whole cast. all with the same moves just different speeds/hitstun,

After all, he is nintendos single best selling franchise :awesome:

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
I am glad Marcel did the honor of calling out the fan base. I am tired of Impa and I cannot understand the stupidity of the fan base. Second worst next to Waluigi as it stands. Putting up with both fan base until they are essentially deconfirmed is going to suck hard.

@ChronoBound: I am literally hoping that Waluigi does not get in Luigi's Mansion 2. The last thing I want to sees characters I am against get in nor do I want more ferocity out of it.
Sounds awful childish if you ask me. You don't want the characters to make newer and better appearances just because you don't like them?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I have my doubts about K. Rool, it seems... too good to be true.

CHRONO, pre Brawl release trailer, did people have doubts about Dedede? I feel like I'm just doubting because I know how DISAPPOINTED we will be we get burned.

I have doubts about Ridley too, well.... but I think he has a better shot than K. Rool though.

Sounds awful childish if you ask me. You don't want the characters to make newer and better appearances just because you don't like them?
No because their fanbase sucks.

I would love to see Nintendo dish out a game (That isnt an RPG) with characters who are INTERESTINGLY dressed, and whatnot. It might just be the anime fan in me, but I love BlazBlue's character designs. They're beautiful.

D

Deleted member

I like Waluigi, but I am totally against his inclusion in Smash 4. Waluigi fan boys treat like he's the best choice for a newcomer and because they like him, it means he is likely. Giving him a Luigi's Mansion 2 appearance will make them 10x as annoying and make me worried they'll infect other sites with their obsession (as if I am not worried enough).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Dedede was pretty much unquestionable.
I don't think ANYONE is unquestionable at this point. This isn't Brawl, and this DEFINITELY isn't Melee. I wish I was around for Melee spec, I mean... it seemed so unknown. By now, we kinda have it down to the final like 15/20 characters. Then, we didn't know what to expect!

people clinging unto Sheik despite not knowing Zelda
See? You don't know how to seperate Smash from Zelda. It's your major flaw.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa's fan base of awesome people > people calling Ghirahim 'Fabulous Debbie', woreshipping him as queer king of the Zelda series (no disrespect) > Tingle > people clinging unto Sheik despite not knowing Zelda

How is it my flaw that I actually see Sheik for what she is?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

@ChronoBound: I am literally hoping that Waluigi does not get in Luigi's Mansion 2. The last thing I want to see is characters I am against get in. On top of that, we don't want more fuel to their fire.
Impa does not have a fanbase. Its just Diddy Kong who seems to bring up Impa every chance he gets. Kuma likes the idea too, so its just two people. However, its pretty much Diddy Kong that makes Impa's so-called "fanbase" (one man fanbase) so annoying.

Waluigi truly leaves me scratching my head as to why he has seen a surge in support. The guy even got left out of Mario Kart 7 so he obviously is not even important to the Mario spinoffs.

I am also surprised by how much the Geno fanbase has held up too.

CHRONO, pre Brawl release trailer, did people have doubts about Dedede? I feel like I'm just doubting because I know how DISAPPOINTED we will be we get burned.

I have doubts about Ridley too, well.... but I think he has a better shot than K. Rool though.
Pre-Melee, King Dedede was both more requested and considered more likely than Meta Knight. The primary reason for this was that King Dedede was considered both more important than Meta Knight and that Meta Knight's last major appearance was with Kirby Super Star in 1996, whereas King Dedede had a recent major playable role in Kirby 64 back in 2000 (a year before Melee's reveal).

However, after a string of Kirby releases in which Meta Knight got major roles, Meta Knight became more requested than King Dedede (though King Dedede was pretty well requested himself). Meta Knight was easily in the Top 5 most wanted newcomers for Brawl. I think there was a few that thought either one or the other would get in, but most wanted to see both get in.

After Meta Knight's unveil, there were some that thought King Dedede might not get in simply due to Sakurai being "humble" in regards to Kirby (considering how he did not even bother to add another Kirby character for the previous two). However, many saw King Dedede as a shoe-in, though generally expected him to become a hidden character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yo, Meta Knight was totally playable in the first Kirby GBA game

And I like how much evidence I have to bring up that Sheik is not cared about as much as most other characters, and frequently some new poster agrees with having Impa would be better. Y y'all hatin?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

I think the only unquestionable character is Mega Man, given the interest he is drawing, that Capcom wants him in smash, and that Mega Man in smash = money for Nintendo and Capcom (plus huge exposure for both the vast Mega Man franchise and for Smash Bros.

The only people who doubted King Dedede either didn't know of King Dedede, or straight of hated him. However, many of us (myself included) thought he would be a hidden character.
No because their fanbase sucks.

I would love to see Nintendo dish out a game (That isnt an RPG) with characters who are INTERESTINGLY dressed, and whatnot. It might just be the anime fan in me, but I love BlazBlue's character designs. They're beautiful.
Saying that Waluigi fanbases suck is the definition of an understatement. Impa on the other hand doesn't have much of a fanbase at all, aside from Sheik haters or lovers of GGMILFs! :troll: :awesome: :cool:

I like Waluigi (as a Mario spin-off character only), but no. I like Impa's role in the Zelda universe, but no. That is all I have to say about that.

Also, BlazBlue is an extremely well-designed game/series.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
CHRONO AGAIN, but anyone can ring in really, would you agree that most of our newcomers this time around are going to have already debuted in Smash in SOME FORM?

(K. Rool has a trophy, Ridley being a boss, Krystal and her stuff, ect)

Sort of leaning away from stickers.

Also JOHN, you know I would NEVER EVER say that about Megaman, or a third party. ESP considering I seriously doubt Sakurai thinks like that. Considering Third Parties are a major hassle, I would never bet on Megaman.

Disagree if the character who is gonna be new came from a game after Brawl, but for most cases that could very well be true.

Which characters post Brawl really have a chance though? Shulk? That's about it. The roster is limited.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Disagree if the character who is gonna be new came from a game after Brawl, but for most cases that could very well be true.

Examples could be: Chrome, Bandana Dee, Captain Syrup, Takamaru (no trophies), Shulk, Impa :awesome: , Matthew (GS)... There's probably more.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
CHRONO AGAIN, but anyone can ring in really, would you agree that most of our newcomers this time around are going to have already debuted in Smash in SOME FORM?

Sort of leaning away from stickers.
Well yes and no. I mean Mega Man obviously has not been in Smash Bros. in any form, and yet I feel he has a strong chance of showing up. Other characters that come to mind that have not been a trophy but stand a good chance of being playable include Medusa, Mii, and Takamaru. You could also throw in some of the characters that have debuted since then such as Ghirahim, Bandanna Dee (I know he technically debuted in Super Star, but he started becoming a regular after Super Star Ultra), Victini, Zoroark, Chrome,
Impa :troll:
, Shulk, and Matthew that also have the possibility of showing up.

I would say MOST of the newcomers though (or at least 2/3) will have been a trophy in at least one installment of Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

@Shortiecanbrawl: Let's see, out of who I predict:

Toad as Peach's B move.
K. Rool as a trophy.
Ridley as a boss.
Mewtwo as a trophy.
Palutena as Pit's Final Smash.
Little Mac and Isaac as Assist Trophy.

Which leaves Victini, Mega Man, Takamaru, and Roy. So I would say most of our newcomers would have at least made an appearance in Smash (not to say that any are guarantee).

Sir Ilpalazzo

Smash Apprentice

Examples could be: Chrome, Bandana Dee, Captain Syrup, Takamaru (no trophies), Shulk, Impa :awesome: , Matthew (GS)... There's probably more.
Since you mentioned Matthew, I just wanted to say that I don't really think Golden Sun is likely to get playable characters. I know that the games sold well (well, the GBA ones, at least), but I feel like Isaac not making it into Brawl despite being both popular and relatively new is a sign of something. I have seen the theory posited that Sakurai is wary about adding second-party series, so maybe that could be it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy: if you mean me I was joking xDD
Not only you, newer posters tend to agree with me so I have noticed. You broke the trend however.

Personally, I am starting to doubt playable Golden Sun characters myself actually...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Since you mentioned Matthew, I just wanted to say that I don't really think Golden Sun is likely to get playable characters. I know that the games sold well (well, the GBA ones, at least), but I feel like Isaac not making it into Brawl despite being both popular and relatively new is a sign of something. I have seen the theory posited that Sakurai is wary about adding second-party series, so maybe that could be it.
I myself am pretty wary on Isaac too. What are your thoughts on Little Mac anyway? I think you probably mentioned the "all he can do is punch" as being a hurdle for him.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I would say a new Pokémon is the only sure "recent" character that could get in.

I do agree with Shortie on that most characters will have been trophies, stickers, assist trophy characters, Pokéball Pokémon, common enemies, NPC, background characters, etc. Because quite frankly-what Nintendo-owned character hasn't been one of those in smash already=???

Logerbloger

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0301-9883-7364
Ray 01 as his own character.
And Quote from cave-story would be an awesome 3rd party.

Those are the only characters that I can think of that are not already said a lot.

D

Deleted member

To be fair Olimar and Wario were far more deserving additions and only so many new series could be added. Now the only "modernish" series I think is more likely is Punch-Out!!. Since I think we'll be getting at least four new series (modern and retro), I'd say there is room for Golden Sun.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Little Mac is a shoe in to me. Smash could actually use some characters that can 'only just punch'. Kinda wonder how he's gonna grab though with those boxing gloves?

Qlaw

Smash Cadet
He's had one game in 20 years.(little mac) He's lucky he was a at. if they were to put him in, he would have been playable in brawl.(unless he's a new game to come out)

@john: what about snake? :awesome:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I agree with Chrono that I think more likely than not there won't be a playable Golden Sun character. Issac would be an incredible playable character regardless.

As for Little Mac, I wouldn't say he is a shoe-in (far from it), but I will say he is a very sexy character choice, and I think he has a better shot at being playable than not playable. He seems like the only true "American" character... other than Captain Falcon himself! :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom