• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I doubt Sora would ever make the Classic Controller THE main controller

Pretty sure they want their game to be as accessible as possible

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I just saw this conversation. Ummm, I definitely didn't go to Apex, as much as i'd love to have been there. However, I have been going to tournaments. I'll put up some videos when I can, but it's taking some time to get them uploaded.
That was a while back (300 pages in less than two weeks WOW).

N, I believe was joking, when he said it was you, as a pretty good Lucas player was kicking some MK ***. :cool:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yes there needs to be some serious new "classic controller" or Gamecube-esk controller. Otherwise, we'll just have to wait until someone creates a cord that connects Gamecube controllers to the Wii U, which would seriously hurt the smash bros competitive community (requiring one).

Also, #15 pretty much sums up how I feel about #10. LOOK AT THOSE ANGRY EYES!!!

@ Metal Overlord (how did I get that wrong=??? Must have been my inner Kyle Williams... ---
That's the only song I heard from Other M that was memorable. But it was good... >.> That other song was weriddddd..... :p

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yes that's a really good deal as far as FE5 is concerned.
Sweet. :smirk:

Hopefully though it's a regular copy rather than one of those NP memory carts.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Naturally, I'm open to the option of an arcade stick. The only obstacles are the analog stick and the lack of a C-Stick. The former is debatable as no competitive player that I'm aware of uses the tip-toe walking. I see either walking or, more frequently, running. The latter can be rectified by simply making it where it's not necessary.

Aside from that option, I'm very curious how it will be done. By principle, we'll have to use wired controllers and we have yet to see what the new Classic Controller will look, if there is one.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
For $65 its probably the memory cart. The non-memory cart copies of Thracia 776 I have seen go for over $100.
I'll have to see, I'm waiting for it to be sent to me. Still as long as it works I'm not complaining. Who knows though, I could get lucky.

Either way it will never beat my mint boxed copy of Earthbound (that I got for free "brags").

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Also, I found my original SD Memory Card. Now I can try a hack or two. I really want the rest of the stuff unlocked, and to be honest, I found a lot of Single Player very... boring.

But eh.

I'm hoping the next Adventure Mode is similar to the SSE is being big and really cool, but with more regular enemies, and a bit less linear. When Quest 64 is less linear...

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not sure why the non-memory cart is so desirable?
Mostly because the non NP cart is harder to find.

I once won an auction on Ebay for a boxed FE5 non NP cart a while back, but the seller wouldn't sell as I didn't meet their hidden quota. :glare:

I have to go, but when I do get the cart I'll probably bring it up again. But when I do get it all I need then is FE6 and 12 to complete my collection. Later.

BTW we should probably get back on topic.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Naturally, I'm open to the option of an arcade stick. The only obstacles are the analog stick and the lack of a C-Stick. The former is debatable as no competitive player that I'm aware of uses the tip-toe walking. I see either walking or, more frequently, running. The latter can be rectified by simply making it where it's not necessary.

Aside from that option, I'm very curious how it will be done. By principle, we'll have to use wired controllers and we have yet to see what the new Classic Controller will look, if there is one.
That's harder said than done. Like I'm sure the developers didn't plan smash DI but it's necessary in competetive play.

:phone:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Do I need to repeat myself? There is a very legitimate reason as to why they should be separated (because needed is very subjective). It's been shown that switching between the two is anything is inefficient and there isn't a way to switch quickly via transforming. Not only that, but their north-south design hasn't fared well at all with Sheik historically being either significantly or far better than Zelda, giving less of a reason to play as Zelda.
Somebody has a little too much self importance.

Sheik and Zelda are one of a kind in both the games and in the series itself. Separating them will kill the soul of the character.

Also, as for the move itself, it has it's use. Being able to change characters and fighting styles on the fly is invaluable. Also, there are other purprose.
This move transforms Sheik into Zelda. After the transformation is complete, you’re helpless for a moment, but during the flashing portion of the actual transformation, you’re completely invulnerable to attack.

"So I can dodge Final Smashes with this," you say? Indeed, such daring maneuvers are possible.
Extend the purpose as Day9 always said.

Its possible that Sakurai could get the idea for Impa from Aonuma. Sakurai iss probably piecing together his roster for Smash 4 as we speak, and he probably currently has Zelda as "Zelda/Sheik". If Sakurai comes to Aonuma and the Zelda team asking if they have a crapped design for a Skyward Sword Sheik, its possible they point him to Impa as that game's "Sheik".
I will say that if the Zelda team will suggest any new characters, it will likely be Ghirahim. He's the one they really built up.

D

Deleted member

@Diddy: Gladly.

Wario Land: Shake It! is similar to DKCR and Kirby RtDL in that it goes back into the root gameplay of the Wario Land series after a long time on the backburner for the WarioWare series.
It even revived a familar face (Captain Syrup) despite that face being used as a supporting character.
But she makes up for it by stealing all of Wario's winnings because of the deal that she made with the Merfles. She would help by getting Wario do the dirty work in defeating Shake King and liberating the Merfles, but SHE would keep the Bottomless Coin Sack (which was what caught Wario's interest....).

Any fan of the Wario Land series would be a fan of Shake It!, especially considering it has some replay value over the others in the prospect of collectable treasures like in the Wario spin-off, Wario: Master of Disguise, as well as optional objectives within the levels (that rewarded you with the music of that level in the Sound Test once all were completed (don't have to all be done in the same playthrough of the level; in fact, some CAN'T be done together!), and even secret, difficult levels with more treasure and objectives.

As for Shake King himself....
Shake King represents something Wario used to represent. An extremity.
Wario was the extreme of Mario. Shake King is the extreme of Wario.
Shake King is essentially a bigger, stronger Wario with abilities that Wario lacks.

Shake King does have a few moves that are similar to Wario. He has an earthquake making slam similar to Wario's Earthshake Punch, and has a dashing charge similar to Wario's dash when he goes inside an Max Fastocity Dasherator. And, he can also Ground Pound.
But that's where the similarities end. Shake King can also FLY, shoot lasers and lightning, rain fireballs from the sky, and summon giant minions.

So while Wario can keep his Ware inspired moveset, Shake King can take his Land techniques with his own twists, as well as techniques of his own.
While people say that Captain Syrup would better represent Wario Land just because she's been in more games, she never fights you directly like Shake King did. In Wario Land 1, she summons a genie and hops on his back while the genie fights you. And in Wario Land 2, she is in a flying machine as she tosses enemies and bombs at you and uses the stage's fire pit to shoot flames at you.

While I can still see Syrup as Wario Land's rep, I'd rather have Shake King, because be honest; how is a viking pirate that can fly and shoot lasers not cool?

EDIT: And it's also interesting to mention that Wario's victory theme from Brawl came from Shake It!. (That's right, it came from a game AFTER Brawl.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo3lWylIdqc
Sakurai was advertising the game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So there now is a legitimate Wario Land like character? If Wario himself gets no revamp bases on Shake It, Captain Syrup or Shake King can get in, sure. Do have to say that Syrup seems more likely though, you probably already know the reason?

D

Deleted member

So there now is a legitimate Wario Land like character? If Wario himself gets no revamp bases on Shake It, Captain Syrup or Shake King can get in, sure. Do have to say that Syrup seems more likely though, you probably already know the reason?

Yeah. It's because she's more well-known and popular, as well as had more games.
And probably that Syrup cult for Brawl would have something to do with that popularity...
And quite frankly, I wouldn't mind Syrup, as that gives Wario another character (I'm a big Wario fan), but I'd rather have Shake King.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh God, playing smash with an arcade stick would be terrible. The arcade stick is great for 2D and 3D traditional fighting games, but not for smash (especially with the dashes, dash dancing, the DI, wall jumping, wall clinging, MOSTLY THE C-STICK THING!, the control pad, and how fast the game is). Let's keep all that traditional fighting game crap out of smash. God knows how annoying the Street Fighter fanbase is anyways... (they act all cool... over a child's game! That's like a D&D nerd telling a band geek that they are cooler) >.>

Edit: @ Metal Overlord
That picture is definitely from Donkey Kong Country Returns. The hearts weren't in DKC1-3. DK64 had melons as health... >.<

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Haha..ha....ahhhhhh

As for Sunset Shore, a problem would be having two of the same character as they would both be black. My though would be it starts out normally, and than the sun sets. This makes everyone a silhouette. Than, it gets brighter and brighter until returning to normal and starting over. The last part would be quick.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I have to go, but when I do get the cart I'll probably bring it up again. But when I do get it all I need then is FE6 and 12 to complete my collection. Later.
I don't why you went for FE1 and FE2 before FE6. Both Famicom Fire Emblems are very dated.

FE6 is personally one of my favorites in the series.

However, after playing through FE5 the other games will seem much less intense. Not only is there a much higher level of difficulty, but there is much more strategy involved.

FE6 pretty much goes back to Monsho no Nazo (especially Book 2) with the exception of keeping the rescue system and expanding on gaiden chapters and alternate routes. It also has the most difficult standard difficulty outside of every game with the exception of FE5. FE6 has lots of replay value too (there are seven chapters you will never see unless you replay through the game twice). Trial maps and trial map characters also offer an incentive to reply through the game continuously (though this feature was brought back for FE9).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
But I admit, I was wrong in that there was no information regarding it aside from that fake article. But I am still right, in that the Animal Crosser wasn't seriously considered. Merely "toyed" with.
Yes, but being considered, tested, or put on a short list is half the battle. If the Animal Crosser is considered again, one could make it. However, I think for the most part we can give the Animal Crosser a low chance of being considered. Still... you never know... >.<

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik and Zelda are one of a kind in both the games and in the series itself. Separating them will kill the soul of the character.
If Ocarina of Time was the only Zelda game ever created I would have agreed.

You know that with series you mean like 20+ so games right? Would you kindly point me out exactly where I have been missing Sheik in those other Zelda games, cause I could only find her in OoT. I must be missing something then right?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sheik is playable in Smash 4.
Impa is not.
True facts... :troll:
Plus making a Sheik model to fit Zelda's Skyward Sword look is easy. Cel-shaded character models are amongst the easiest graphical designs to make. It shouldn't take long at all.

Next subject: Why Toon Link needs to be in over Ocarina of Time Young Link (hint: Ocarina of Time's graphics are old, and Toon Link was funner to play as; all Young Link is good at in Melee is camping and timing people out)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik is playable in Smash 4.
Impa is not.
True facts... :troll:

Next subject: Why Toon Link needs to be in over Ocarina of Time Young Link (hint: Ocarina of Time's graphics are old, and Toon Link was funner to play as; all Young Link is good at in Melee is camping and timing people out)
Impa could still be debatable, but at the very least I expect Sheik gone. Impa being brought up as a replacement would do more good than bad by far.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Again, it has virtually no chance of happening, so who cares=???

I could argue Plusle and Minun replacing the Ice Climbers would be a good idea, but it isn't going to happen. And honestly, Plusel and Minun at least have a solid chance.

If any Skyward Sword characters makes it, it will be Ghirahim. And currently, he doesn't look too popular or that wanted, so you can practically scratch him off as a potential Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS candidate.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/126205130

I don't know if this has been posted already, but it is a new interview with Sakurai. Seems like The Prince of the Sabure Kingdom might be confirmed as well as the fact that Sakurai is aware of Ridley's demand. Two newcomers already and the fact that Sakurai is wanting the opinions of the fans this time could be the result of this.

This could be good news for Ridley and Prince of the SK fans.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

I don't know if this has been posted already, but it is a new interview with Sakurai. Seems like The Prince of the Sabure Kingdom might be confirmed as well as the fact that Sakurai is aware of Ridley's demand. Two newcomers already and the fact that Sakurai is wanting the opinions of the fans this time could be the result of this.

Post the interview here because I don't want to gaze into what is probably NSFW. Also, where is the interview from? If Sabure Prince is being talked about it probably has some connection with those other "leaks".

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How come Plusle and Minun are more likely to you than Impa? Impa is already the Sheik replacement in the Zelda series since Skyward Sword. And why the hell would they make up a SS design for Sheik if there is Impa in the first place? Now THAT would cause uproar, not the other way around

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939

Too bad its fake. Sakurai wouldn't leak characters.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about that guys. Here is the interview:

[COLLAPSE="Sakurai interview with Iwata"]Iwata: Thanks for sitting down with me again this soon. I know you are probably very tired from finishing up your work on Kid Icarus: Uprising, so I will try to make this quick.

Sakurai: Alright *laughs*. This is the first chance i've had to speak with anyone since leaving the office yesterday. It feels good to know that the project is finally finished. I can't wait to move onto other things.

Iwata: Yes, other things. I'm sure many fans are glad about that too. *laughs*. They do love their Super Smash Bros.

Sakurai: *laughs briefly* Yes they do. Sadly, everyone seems to be more interested in it than with my current project. But still, i hope they are pleased with it nonetheless.

Iwata: I'm sure they will be. Everyone loves seeing their favorite characters come together for something like Super Smash Bros. Even with the past editions, you can't help but get excited for a new entry *laughs*. Anyway, lets talk about it.

Sakurai: Sure.

Iwata: I recall a year ago you mentioned doing something different with the series. Something innovative that would set it apart from Brawl or Melee.

Sakurai: Well, as i said, theres really no point in adding more and more characters. Things get cluttered and more and more development time is spent doing nothing to advance it along. I wanted to do something a little different this time around, and with a dual release on the Wii U and 3DS, i hope to accomplish that.

Iwata: Yes, when these games were announced you mentioned connectivitely of some sort. Can you give us a hint of what you have planned between the two?

Sakurai: *laughs* As you know, i can't say much. I plan to bridge the gap between console gaming and portable gaming. Imagine playing alone on the 3DS, creating and growing with your character as you play. Then, taking that character with you to the Wii U and pitting it against other players, with their very own characters.

Iwata: Character creation you say? Will I be able to create my own unique character? Or is it like the Miis, customizing them to fit your own appearance. Or am I getting the complete wrong idea here? *laughs*

Sakurai: I'm afraid i've gave you the wrong idea! *laughs* I'll say no more on the subject for now. We'll leave it at that.

Iwata: Alright then. On to other things. How about the graphics? I'm sure many people expect you to step it up. With the Wii U's HD capabilities, will Super Smash Bros. make the jump to high definition?

Sakurai: *pause* I haven't really thought about it. *laughs* I mean, with a new generation of gaming consoles, such advancements are obviusly expected. We've made the experience better looking with each game, so you can count on us doing the same.

Iwata: So a stylized approach is out of question? For example, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Graphically speaking, Twilight Princess has a more realistic look, where Skyward Sword has a cell-shading style. Any chance that you will take that approach with this game?

Sakurai: I can't say for certain. We'll see how things turn out once production goes full swing. We recieved the final devkit a short while ago, so it won't be too much longer.

Iwata: Of course. About the production, how long do you think it will take? Surely creating two games at once will elongate the production time significantly. Can you give the fans a timeframe?

Sakurai: *laughs* I've only just finished one project and now I'm being asked how long the next one will take!

Iwata: *laughs*

Sakurai: Well, its safe to assume it will take years. With Brawl, we had to build the game from the ground up. We opted to do so rather than build it on top of Melee's groundwork. This time however, things will go much smoother from the start by porting Brawl to both the Wii U and 3DS. After that, nobody can say for certain. Unless we have difficulties, I can see the games releasing around 2014.

Iwata: So soon? I find it hard to believe that developing two games at once is as easy as developing one!

Sakurai: Well, if things go as planned, thats my estimate. Although I can definately say the 3DS version will have an easier development. But I shouldn't say anything else about that. *laugh*

Iwata: *laughs* Oh, and on the subject of things you shouldn't say...

Sakurai: *laughs* Oh, here he goes...

Iwata: *laughs* What new characters will be joining Mario and Link this time around?

Sakurai: *laughs* I knew it! Personally, I think we should let the fans decide that this time. We received a bit of backlash over the characters included in the past.

Iwata: Yes, I do recall quite a few complaints on that. First and formost, Ridley comes to mind. Many people, especially the American audience felt he should have been included in Brawl.

Sakurai: Oh yes. *laughs* Ridley is my archnemesis! *laughs*

Iwata: *laughs*

Sakurai: Well, I'll just repeat my previous statement, that the fans will decide this time. It feels bad being blamed for these things. I can't please everybody! *laughs*

Iwata: *laughs* So true! But back to the original question, is there a character that you, personally, would like to include?

Sakurai: A certain prince.

Iwata: Whats this?

Sakurai: The Prince of the Sabure Kingdom. You may know his friend, Prince Richard. He helped Link in The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.

Iwata: Oh! I had nearly forgotten about them. Frog Bells or something like that...

Sakurai: For the Frog the Bell Tolls.

Iwata: Yes, thats the one.

Sakurai: Its a great little game and I feel it really deserved more attention than it recieved.

Iwata: True, true.

Sakurai: As for the prince, his transformations should make him a pretty unique fighter. I'm afraid i've already said to much! *laughs* Well, theres one confirmation for the fans!

Iwata: *laughs* You said nothing! Lets end this interview here.

Sakurai: Yes, lets. I should probably get home and rest. I've got quite a bit of work ahead of me! *laughs

Iwata: *laughs* That you do. Well, i hope the fans enjoy it nonetheless.

Sakurai: Don't forget about Kid Icarus: Uprising!

Iwata: I'm sure they will enjoy it too. Thanks for sitting down with me for this interview.

Sakurai: You're welcome. I hope to speak with you again soon.[/COLLAPSE]

@Aether

Who knows. But it seems legit (especially with Iwata and the "laughing"). Nothing is confirmed, but those two seem likely by this interview.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Its definitely fake. DEFINITELY.

If it was legit, then this leaker would have a link to the Japanese Iwata Asks interview this was sourced from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom