• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Add a bucket of salt from me. This is fake as can be, and likely from the same person who made the "leaks"

:phone:

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
@Chrono

Indeed it could be fake. It seemed legit, but you do have a point. I'll look further up into this if I find anything indicating it true (forgot about the fake leaks in the past).

I too will take it with a grain of salt (guess I got excited to post it -_-).

D

Deleted member

There is no way this is in any shape or form true. The leak is fake and there's no way he would leak something like that.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Sakurai talks the right way, but Iwata seems a bit off. If its real, the translator sucks. Several parts are pretty awkward to read.
edit: And i see theres somebody with ech0 in their name on gamespot....

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
There is no way this is in any shape or form true. The leak is fake and there's no way he would leak something like that.
Sakurai would never flippantly confirm characters like that, especially considering how Sakurai was very vagued when asked if there was another character he wanted to bring back in a recent Nintendo Power interview.

Thing like "letting the fans decide" just make it ooze with illegitimacy.

However, what seals it as being fake is that there is no original Japanese interview for it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Rumor/Interview that confirms something huge is again confirmed as fake.

You can add this as subject #267 in the "Fake Smash 4" stuff bin... :awesome:

Also, Sakurai has never verbally leaked a character ever. Except maybe Mario. But c'mon man-IT'S MARIO!!!

The only verbal leaks of characters were Miyamoto talking about Jigglypuff in Melee, and David Hayter (the English voice actor of Solid/Naked Snake) talking about Jigglypuff and how awesome it was to do voice clips for each character in Brawl.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
So, basically, Jigglypuff is the only character to have been verbally leaked before

Good night everyone, BTW :cool:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv Me (except for maybe third parties)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ok, so who here thinks with a clear mind that there really won't be any character cuts for this game?

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Ok, so who here thinks with a clear mind that there really won't be any character cuts for this game?

Most everybody expects Toon Link and Lucario. The next in line are probably the third parties. Other than that, the rest are pretty much guaranteed to stay.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think it is a strong possibility. Sakurai said this was the roster for Brawl was the most complete.

I think the only characters with any risk of getting cut are Wolf (highest shot of anybody), Ike (not as high as some people think), and Lucario (I gotta say the chances seem small, given his popularity and the lack of choices that would make better characters than him). Everyone else I think is pretty much a lock.

That is, unless you consider Young/Toon Link going with the newest child incarnation of Link (which is the Spirit Tracks Toon Link), and Zelda and Link (maybe Sheik) getting their Skyward Sword appearances.

D

Deleted member

Outside of third-parties and Toon Link (could get cut for Young Link if they wanted to replace it), I don't think anyone will get cut.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Most everybody expects Toon Link and Zoroark. The next in line are probably the third parties. Other than that, the rest are pretty much guaranteed to stay.
You mean Lucario? Yeah, he, Ike, Toon Link, Sheik and if I had to name another R.O.B. seem the most likely to get cut. Along with the 3rd parties, and even though I wouldn't like it, maybe Lucas to. Another possibility for getting cut is Pokemon Trainer.

I wouldn't like to see any of those go except for Sheik though. And I guess Sonic, as I never liked him in the first place.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
This is probably why it's fake

Iwata: Yes, I do recall quite a few complaints on that. First and formost, Ridley comes to mind. Many people, especially the American audience felt he should have been included in Brawl.

Sakurai: Oh yes. *laughs* Ridley is my archnemesis! *laughs*
We'll see if this so called interview surfaces. Goes too well with the other 4chan leak.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
You mean Lucario? Yeah, he, Ike, Toon Link, Sheik and if I had to name another R.O.B. seem the most likely to get cut. Along with the 3rd parties, and even though I wouldn't like it, maybe Lucas to. Another possibility for getting cut is Pokemon Trainer.

I wouldn't like to see any of those go except for Sheik though.

oops yeah, Lucario lol.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I don't why you went for FE1 and FE2 before FE6. Both Famicom Fire Emblems are very dated.

FE6 is personally one of my favorites in the series.

However, after playing through FE5 the other games will seem much less intense. Not only is there a much higher level of difficulty, but there is much more strategy involved.

FE6 pretty much goes back to Monsho no Nazo (especially Book 2) with the exception of keeping the rescue system and expanding on gaiden chapters and alternate routes. It also has the most difficult standard difficulty outside of every game with the exception of FE5. FE6 has lots of replay value too (there are seven chapters you will never see unless you replay through the game twice). Trial maps and trial map characters also offer an incentive to reply through the game continuously (though this feature was brought back for FE9).
I didn't have a SNES at the time, and I have some complications with Ebay which is the only place I have found FE6. FE1-2 also don't have kanji, which I'm still learning.

Not to mention most people, from what I could tell, have not played FE1-2 (at least until the rom translations), so I had an interest in the unknown.

I still have to play through FE4, I'm going to work on it very soon, so that'll be a good warm up hopefully. It's good to know though that FE6 is like Book 2, currently FE3 is my favorite game in the series. :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know, even Falco could possibly leave for Krystal if they want a new character and keep it with 3 StarFox characters. Though I find this far less likely than Impa leaving.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
You know, even Falco could possibly leave for Krystal if they want a new character and keep it with 3 StarFox characters. Though I find this far less likely than Impa leaving.

>implying Impa will ever be in to get to leave :troll:

D

Deleted member

Actually, Captain Falcon and Luigi were leaked for Smash 64. (and Bowser, so it was before Bowser was axed.)

I HAD the interview between Sakurai and Iwata that proves this, but it's on my main computer, and I'm on my laptop right now...I'll post it tomorrow.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Diddy Kong
Falco is a lock. Don't pretend otherwise. Also, Falco stole your bread! :falco:

@ Golden
Definitely give us a link when you have access to your computer (with a date!!!).

Now, let's go back to the subject of Waluigi, and how much he sucks. Seriously, Waluigi needs to be made an assist trophy before anything else is confirmed just to kill the hopes of the worst Smash Bros character fanbase of all-time!!!... :troll:

D

Deleted member

Do we REALLY have to? I'm a Waluigi fan, and I haven't been ravaging about how he's the best or should be in Smash. Do ME a favor and not talk **** about him.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm thinking that is taking it a bit far Golden. We aren't trolling anyone in the debate, and the discussion about it, although repetitive, isn't anything ban or infraction-worthy.

Really, if you/me/anyone wants it to stop, we can just stop mentioning it or ignore comments about it. It really is that easy. That is how I have made you all not mention stages... aside from stages I want/like/think would totally be rad bro!!! :troll:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Its definitely fake. DEFINITELY.

If it was legit, then this leaker would have a link to the Japanese Iwata Asks interview this was sourced from.
Oh yeah, so freaking fake. Someone HERE could have made a better fake one. This is just catering to all the rumors that have been surfacing. (Ridley art and the list with Sabure on it)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I am tempted at this moment to find Waluigi a better choice at least than Sheik. Other than that: 5000 pages, whooooooooooo!!

yani

Smash Lord
Shortie, you need to see the latest suggestion for your poll on Nsider. Try not to facepalm :laugh:

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
It's odd because they even gave Mario and Toad some cameos in a WarioWare: Touched!, but not Waluigi. :troll:

Have they confirmed that Waluigi isn't in Luigi's Mansion 2? I'd love to see him pop up as the final boss out of nowhere.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It sucks Sheik won't be revealed till later on. I can't wait to rub it in your face. Especially when Impa isn't revealed at all.

This Sheik stuff at this point is one of the big reasons I find myself NOT coming in here anymore. It's ridiculous. Even people over at Nsider think the Impa thing is ridic. YES, a whole other community thinks what you're getting at is nonsense.

Literally, someone pulled her out of the poll results, and was like "WTF?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom