• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Dacus inputs, Dash+:cstick2: into immeadiate :cstick8:. In frame slowdown you'll notice it cancels the dash attack. In real time you'll see a change of distance in your Hyphen Smash.

@Asage: If someone is losing to Fsmash spam they are bad. LOL
I'll remember that Slide trick. Also, yes, he was terrible. Wolf>Ganondorf. In fact... Everyone>Ganondorf XD... Except Bowser :'(

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
I have done that since the beginning to, heck CPU Snakes do it all the time. How do you do the long one?

:phone:
Charge it as you would with a regular up smash by holding the Z-button during the sequence.
EDIT: I lagged right through three posts and it was already answered. Derp.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Dacus inputs, Dash+:cstick2: into immeadiate :cstick8:(+:zbutton: if you want to charge). In frame slowdown you'll notice it cancels the dash attack. In real time you'll see a change of distance in your Hyphen Smash.

fixed for accuracy.

Ganon is garbz.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Kojima is the Metal Gear guy. He has little to nothing with Castlevania.
Sega wouldn't do that. Trust me on this one.
Again, he said he would like to see M. Bison, but he said Mega Man would be his choice. AND Capcom USA desperately want Mega Man in, and Capcom Japan said they would allow it, but it's up to Nintendo.
Thanks about the Kojimi part.

And I kind of disagree on Sega. Unless you mean they don't make terribly smart decisions, then agreed.

Well, yes, MegaMan is more likely, but I could see M. Bison being a Trophy or an Assist Trophy perhaps.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ganon is my best bottom tier :(

I also remember how Bowser was considered good in the early Brawl days. How quick things change...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just find it funny how Bowser and Ganondorf, Nintendo's villains in the game, are absolutely terrible in Brawl.

Conspiracy theory: Maybe Sakurai planned it to show that Good > Evil? :o

If that's true, I worry for K. Rool, Ridley, Bowser Jr., and Ghirahim...

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Ghirahim is too fabulous for "Bottom Tier"

Edit: What do you think of the idea of giving all characters a DACUS?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Dacus inputs, Dash+:cstick2: into immeadiate :cstick8:. In frame slowdown you'll notice it cancels the dash attack. In real time you'll see a change of distance in your Hyphen Smash.

Is that doable outside of using a C-Stick?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@ Falchion

Too true. The thought of such a thing like him being bottom tier makes me Furious! Outraged! Sick with Anger!

I had to. Sorry...

D

Deleted member

I just find it funny how Bowser and Ganondorf, Nintendo's villains in the game, are absolutely terrible in Brawl.

Probably has more to do with Sakurai having difficultly with size. Although I think Bowser Jr. and Ghirahim would do well if they got in.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is it bad that at first I thought you meant Metal Gear Solid?

But anyway, yeah, I do support Ghirahim.

@SSBF: Well, that makes me feel better about my conspiracy theory. xD

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

The best way to show that Good > Evil is to have the heroes stacked up against impossible odds and outnumbering forces but prevail nonetheless.

@Red(SP): I haven't played one of those in 10 years, but that impossible odds thing is usually present in every game.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Or Kingdom Hearts, Or DBZ, YYH, or almost every other show/game I know?

@Diddy: Nah dog, the intensity is repetitive and boring

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Alright, time for one of my very drawn out posts. Who else really wants Samurai Goroh for Sm4sh? I've been thinking, since he was in the Melee opening movie and was an Assist Trophy in Brawl, that he gets the most attention from Sakurai out of all the non-Falcon F-Zero characters. Also, the only reason I see Black Shadow requested is because people want to give him Ganondorf's moveset. Opinion? (I know Chrono is a bit of a F-Zero buff, I would like to hear his opinion)

Also, something I've always wanted is instead of Ganon getting all new moves, is to make his down-B a transformation into Pig Ganon. I would love to see a trident user and he would represent the 'Link Fails' timeline split. On the subject of Impa, I don't see why she would have to replace Sheik if she got in. Seems like a pointless compromise.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I mentioned a minigame idea I had last night. Well, here it is. Inspired by Tf2.

Capture the Flag

Stage: Very big. So big, the camera scrolls on your screen.
Damage set: Stanima, 300-200. Stock: Unlimited, but respawn is custom (Automatic to 20 seconds). Time: Custom. You can set it for no time or very little time. Lowest is 2 minutes.
Items: Items are not on. Flags never fade (Like items do overtime). However, there are two unique items that only appear in the minigame: Tap Spheres and Brawl Spheres. Tap Spheres are used for the radar (Explaination below), and Brawl Spheres are random items that have different effects (Also explained below).
Teams: A total of two teams (Choices of Red, Blue, Black, and Green.) may vs. each other.

So, the main point is to find "The Flag" and bring it back to you base. The catch? When your holding it, you take some damage as you hold it. The first base to have 3 to -- points (-- being any number under 100) is the winner. Now, how would this work on Sm4sh? I figured out an idea.

Remember the Wii-U controller? Perhaps that could show a map of the entire stage, which is so big, the camera scrolls. The map might also hold a radar. The radar, once tapped, sends a signal that shows where enemies are. In order to tap the radar, you must find Tap Spheres, items that randomly appear. Once you find a Tap Sphere, your radar on your controller will glow. Once again, tap it, and the Tap Sphere will fade. You can find and hold a maximum of three. On the discussion of spheres, there's also the Brawl Spheres. They have random effects. Here are the effects:
-Heals your stanima 50+ (Depending on your situation. If you somehow have below 10 stanima, you gain 100% health). If you're already healed, this effect won't appear.
-Puts a shield around you, which is a ring that enbraces you. It lasts 15 seconds. In order to turn it on, you must tap the Brawl Sphere in your Wii-U Controller, and it'll begin. Note that if you have the Flag, or grab it, the shield auto fades. That's to prevent easy flag grabs.
-Makes you stronger. The Brawl Sphere on the Wii-U will glow. Tap it to gain a 50% boost in attacks for 15 seconds. This also fades if you' get the flag, or are holding it. Once again, to prevent easy flag grabs.

The stage is like a maze, much like the 1st level when you first play as ZSS, and the one with Pikachu. The respawn isn't like in battle. You auto spawn in the flag room, but as a trophy. When the Respawn time for that character runs out, the trophy will reborn, and the character can continue fighting.

A team can hold three characters (Tbh, if this actually happened, my team would be Wolf, Lucario, and Young Link :smirk:). It's best to choose a defensive, a runner, and a fighter (My team is low tier XD). Also, teams cannot be the same character (One team can't be three Dks, for example). A good team example would be Def: Pit, Att: Charizard, Runner: Sonic.

Now, the Announcer would announce events. Example:
1. [Color] Team's Flag is Captured!
2. [Color] Team's Flag has Dropped!
3. [Color] Team has scored.
4. Time is running out!
5. Time's up!
He'll also announce rare or impressive events.
1. [Character Name] is a Defense Genius! (Defeats 3 enemies near base in succession).
2. [Character Name] is an Attack Master! (Defeats 3 enemies away from base in succession.
3. [Character Name] is really fast! (Captures 3 flags in succession).

So, I'll work on this more, but please, do rate/comment, or maybe share ideas?
I'd love this! My team:
Defensive: King Dedede
Attack: Mr. Game and Watch
Speed: Yoshi

And maybe you could set AI levels in sort of a Kirby Air Ride system(1-5, each one much better than the last(because KAR's AI was really good IMO))?

EDIT: Really? I got pranked? :fuuu: :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Alright, time for one of my very drawn out posts. Who else really wants Samurai Goroh for Sm4sh? I've been thinking, since he was in the Melee opening movie and was an Assist Trophy in Brawl, that he gets the most attention from Sakurai out of all the non-Falcon F-Zero characters. Also, the only reason I see Black Shadow requested is because people want to give him Ganondorf's moveset. Opinion? (I know Chrono is a bit of a F-Zero buff, I would like to hear his opinion)

Also, something I've always wanted is instead of Ganon getting all new moves, is to make his down-B a transformation into Pig Ganon. I would love to see a trident user and he would represent the 'Link Fails' timeline split. On the subject of Impa, I don't see why she would have to replace Sheik if she got in. Seems like a pointless compromise.
Cause unneeded characters got replaced before.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Question: Could somebody link me to the article that talks about Child Link being Sakurai's preference, and that he wanted both Links to have the same B moves?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, lemme ask ya'll a question. What are your top three characters YOU think needs work on? Mine are Lucario, Wolf, and Young Link.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Question: Could somebody link me to the article that talks about Child Link being Sakurai's preference, and that he wanted both Links to have the same B moves?
Just going off this: http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Stor...mprehensive-list-of-unused-characters/page/1/

"-Young Link (although he was just an “afterthought” character, Sakurai seems to consider the idea of having both an older and younger Link important)"

Unless that's not what you meant by preference. Haven't heard that he PREFERS one over the other.

I don't think much of that "as a rule" thing, though.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So, lemme ask ya'll a question. What are your top three characters YOU think needs work on? Mine are Lucario, Wolf, and Young Link.
Um... Falco(further Luigify him), Sonic(make his specials differ some more), and Ganondorf(SOMETHING involving his freakin' sword).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Zelda : (less extremely what was Sheik's counterpart, needs more balanced and an actual Down B)
Link : (needs to be faster, perhaps a mix literally of current Link and Toon Link plus Skyward Strike)
Ganondorf : (he'll probably won't get his sword, so actual Luigification would be nice, especially on his Bs)

And Mewtwo.

BRO FIST KUMA!

Was posting this before I saw his comment btw

Also, I think the StarFox trio is perfectly fine like this.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Thanks, Yani.

Wolf, Toon Link, Ganondorf. I like the rest overall. But Toon Link could still have his own Final Smash, since that's not a literal Special. I guess.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't consider Wolf more of a clone than Lucas. Cause he's not.
Hit me.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think one day I'll have to look at the whole Melee Dojo.

"The king of the jungle.
I love bananas.
Fear is a giant punch."

Google translate is the best. Anyway, I saw that on the first "Subject" update, which was about trophies, Poo was one of the trophies shown. I wonder if that's why his Melee cult sprang up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom