• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hm, for Pieman about Uprising, it made me think of this concern I wrote few pages ago:

Hmm, after reading huge amounts of 2 hour Uprising-impressions by the game reviewers, I'm somewhat doubting that Sakurai can outdo himself with Smash Bros because he has to follow the same formula.

Could be even that later years I might say: Uprising > SSB4. Because since Sakurai had so much freedom to do the game however he liked without any demands and expectations whatsoever, Uprising came out superious. Unlike Smash Bros where I think he's gonna be having harder time and disappointments will be always be uncovered by the fans.

I really wish SSB4 could spring into the same as Uprising does...

Okay, I know I might judge too early, but Brawl was somewhat of a disappointment at times, so I don't have much faith on Sakurai improving up at SSB4.
:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Maybe for a new twist, you can alternate which Ice Climber to use without having to change color slots. Of course, it is flawed in the team battle department.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You can control nana in the black and burgundy costume iirc.
Sadly this is not the case in Brawl.

It would be awesome in Brawl if you could choose which Ice Climber you would play as, just like how you can choose between the Pokémon Trainer's Pokémon, Zelda and Sheik, and Samus and Zero Suit Samus (viva holding down a button). That would be a cool little Easter Egg for us smash fans! :cool:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Chrono: Me too, Medusa would be most interesting to see to me. I want to know how she was resurrected.

But hey, should we expect more KI-titles in the future?
(-l.l-)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Hm, for Pieman about Uprising, it made me think of this concern I wrote few pages ago::phone:
I don't believe that Brawl's shortcomings were based off of restraints brought on the game by any outside figure. Speed, Tripping, and SSE were all things Sakurai did and weren't forced on him by Nintendo. Online was bad because the Wii just doesn't have good online. That being said, the online was probably forced on him, but that's something everyone wanted him to include. Outside of that, I think the only things that were really forced upon him were deadlines and maybe Sonic. Outside of that, demand and expectations seem to be somewhat ignored, and the disappointment that you'd find with the game is more something that stems from the inside rather than the outside. Except for the tripping. That was just disappointing no matter how you went into the game.

Perhaps you should be concerned if Sakurai is going to repeat what he did with Brawl, since he's probably still getting free reign, but that's a different issue.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
In Melee, the player had the option to change the color of the costume and play as Nana, and the option still exists in Brawl, however the Climbers' positions on the character select screen portrait will not change.
^^^smash wiki

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Skyward Sword Zelda is chosen, and Impa gets in, then they would make all of Smash Bros.'s female characters blondes.
Sheik is a blonde? What's the problem? At least she has a different skin complexion. :awesome:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Pieman: You got me there: I'm concerned that he'd "repeat Brawl". But to be honest, I don't know he will wow us this time. Or can he revolutionise Smash Bros to much higher level...
(-l^l-)

Shortly, I just am afraid that SSB4 won't be as phenomenal and ground-breaking as Uprising, because it's Smash... nothing new there.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'll buy both games at each game's launch, unless I am really busy the next day with important stuff. Quite frankly, most of us can't be sure where or what we'll be up to in the next 3 to 6 years... >.>

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think Smash 4 is another three years away. At most its 3.5 years away. A very long time to be sure.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'll buy both games at each game's launch, unless I am really busy the next day with important stuff. Quite frankly, most of us can't be sure where or what we'll be up to in the next 3 to 6 years... >.>
For me, it really depends on when I can get a WiiU. I already have the 3DS.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
No no no. A "higher level" doesn't really require any character not in (well maybe Ridley) because most characters that are in are the real stars. As far as I'm concerned, the best list of newcomers I've seen in a long time included pretty random/creative ideas like Dry Baby Daisy, though that's certainly not going to happen. Personally what I hope for is something akin to Uprising aesthetically (Since I do like those aesthetics) and from a gameplay stand point, I hope it returns a bit to the older characters and gives them all something fresh. Too many people seem to focus on the second or third stringers of these franchises and ignore the stars because they've already been in the Smash games. Give the game a new mechanic that effects everybody across the board though (and has a greater impact to the actual gameplay than Final Smahses) and you get more interest around those characters again.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
No no no. A "higher level" doesn't really require any character not in (well maybe Ridley) because most characters that are in are the real stars. As far as I'm concerned, the best list of newcomers I've seen in a long time included pretty random/creative ideas like Dry Baby Daisy, though that's certainly not going to happen. Personally what I hope for is something akin to Uprising aesthetically (Since I do like those aesthetics) and from a gameplay stand point, I hope it returns a bit to the older characters and gives them all something fresh. Too many people seem to focus on the second or third stringers of these franchises and ignore the stars because they've already been in the Smash games.
Again. I have been saying for a while that nearly all of the big actors got in with Brawl.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
No no no. A "higher level" doesn't really require any character not in (well maybe Ridley) because most characters that are in are the real stars. As far as I'm concerned, the best list of newcomers I've seen in a long time included pretty random/creative ideas like Dry Baby Daisy, though that's certainly not going to happen. Personally what I hope for is something akin to Uprising aesthetically (Since I do like those aesthetics) and from a gameplay stand point, I hope it returns a bit to the older characters and gives them all something fresh. Too many people seem to focus on the second or third stringers of these franchises and ignore the stars because they've already been in the Smash games. Give the game a new mechanic that effects everybody across the board though (and has a greater impact to the actual gameplay than Final Smahses) and you get more interest around those characters again.
Dry Baby Daisy? The f***?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ice Climber 2 does not count. :troll: Especially considering you can no longer even control IT in Brawl.

Though I wonder if Sakurai made Zelda a brunette in Brawl because he realized all of notable female characters were blonde.
Kumatora for Sm4sh?

I am looking forward to the OVAs. It will certainly help shed some more light on the goddesses.
Dat sideboob.

Does anyone think something could be done about the Ice Climbers and their own desyncing thing? While I admit it's unique, but I wonder if there's an easier way to utilize that and not result in the stupid chaingrabs.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Pieman: Exactly. I really wish Smash gets better now in terms of gameplay due how Uprising was being made like and how it might influence Smash 4, or it'd be just like Brawl all over again expect with new characters. (-l_l-);

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Melee's speed, Brawl's airdodge and mechanics, no tripping, and add a little something new. That's what would make me happy. OH, and SLIGHTLY less floaty, but not too much. Just a little bit.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Kumatora for Sm4sh?
The highest I can see Kumatora ever getting in as is Assist Trophy staus. Maybe something like PK Ground as her assist trophy attack.

The only female character right now that I am feeling good on is Dixie Kong (and that is only because Sakurai actually made a moveset for this character), however, if there is only going to be one DK newcomer it will be K. Rool. Unless of course Sakurai is lazy and just decides to break out his Brawl moveset he had for Dixie Kong.

I am waiting on Uprising's release (along with the OVAs) before I give a more better assessment on Palutena and Medusa. Right now they seem like the best choices for female characters, but I am going to wait and see.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Chrono: Same here... though from the videos, still seems that Palutena doesn't do any fighting, hm. Medusa on the other hand...

Might even just mean that either Magnus and Dark Pit are only new reps. XD

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Chrono: Same here... though from the videos, still seems that Palutena doesn't do any fighting, hm. Medusa on the other hand...

Might even just mean that either Magnus and Dark Pit are only new reps. XD

Magnus is a one-chapter character according to Sakurai, so I think Assist Trophy status is likely for him.

Dark Pit will be an alternate costume (or rather color change) for Pit.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't want anything related to "Daisy" to be playable (and that also falls under your third string category as like the 14th string in Mario). Although, unlike that purple clone, at least Daisy appeared and had a role in a canon Mario game (And she makes a nice Peach alternate outfit).

Really, K. Rool and Dixie Kong are both icons of gaming (remember, the Donkey Kong franchise has sold about 3 times as many games as the Kirby franchise, or about 12 times as many games as Star Fox, yet it only has 2 playable characters). That alone should make them fan favorite candidates. Instead, we get garbage suggestions like Waluigi.

Ridley is the Samus' lifelong foe. Just like King Dedede AND Meta Knight to Kirby, except neither of those characters killed Kirby's parents. Thus Ridley vs. Samus = the ultimate Nintendo grudge match.

After that (and maybe Mewtwo, Roy, and Victini/Zoroark), there are no "stars" left that are Nintendo-owned. That is where the likes of Issac, Little Mac, Takamaru, Mach Rider, Balloon Fighter, Baby Mario Bros., etc. can make it.

Also, Cranky Kong would be an awesome boss/assist trophy/playable character. C'mon-just thinking about it just makes me laugh/smile/amused.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think Smash 4 is another three years away. At most its 3.5 years away. A very long time to be sure.
I think both games, if released at the same time or within a month of each other, are a bit closer to 4 years away. If the 3DS smash bros is released early, I could see it coming out in as early as 2 to 3 years.

Also, I think a larger part of the "higher level" of smash bros goes into redefining what smash bros should be about, creating a new gameplay, and most importantly, a brand new smash bros experience. Oh, and make a game opening that isn't totally about the dumb story.

Smash 64's opening = "OMG! LINK AND SAMUS AND MARIO AND KIRBY AND PIKACHU AND STAR FOX AND YOSHI AND DONKEY KONG! I NEED THIS GAME IN MY LIFE!!!"
Melee's opening = *goosebumps from epicness* "FULL TRIFORCE! LOTS OF POKEMON! ICE... climbers??? NESS EPIC BATTLE! STAR FOX EPIC BATTLE! CAPTAIN FALCON EPIC RACE! RIDLEY VS. SAMUS! HOLY CRAP HOW MUCH EPIC NINTENDO MIND-BLOWING AMAZING STUFF CAN BE IN ONE FIGHTING GAME!?!?!? HYYYYPEEEEEE!!!!!"
Brawl's opening = *blank stares because the entire opening is about the story mode, and features no Sonic or Snake hype*

No really, Brawl's opening was about as cool, interesting, and engaging as a toilet.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I am now hoping they change Bowser's voice to more Galaxy-ish. And DK to DKCR-ish.

Johnknight1 said:
No really, Brawl's opening was about as cool, interesting, and engaging as a toilet.
This is sig-worthy. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom