• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
As long as dlc doesn't drop the same day the game does then I'm good.

I'm getting the 3DS Version.

@roster contest
All the rosters are the same now with 3 or less unique characters and then it turns into "who has my favorite character" contest. The only rosters with any kind of significant differences are the unrealistic ones

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know what would be pretty cool? We should have some kind of contest on here for who can design the best roster. Everyone could get 1 vote (not for their own so there wouldn't be a tie of everyone voting for their own) & people could explain their choices for inclusions in their roster and why they voted for who they did. However, a flame war over the inclusion of characters that one doesn't support is NOT at all what I'm going for.

I think it would be pretty awesome! :)
Can we have this?

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWX2eDMyRBw

So, who says Impa over Sheik isn't a good idea? :troll:

Actually, if she was just a little taller I think it would look 100% natural already! Almost just as good as Roy on Marth, and that's saying some. Just check it out. Hopefully they'll upload more. He's Dutch to, so I think I'll ask him about it even ^^

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hmm, after reading huge amounts of 2 hour Uprising-impressions by the game reviewers, I'm somewhat doubting that Sakurai can outdo himself with Smash Bros because he has to follow the same formula.

Could be even that later years I might say: Uprising > SSB4. Because since Sakurai had so much freedom to do the game however he liked without any demands and expectations whatsoever, Uprising came out superious. Unlike Smash Bros where I think he's gonna be having harder time and disappointments will be always be uncovered by the fans.

I really wish SSB4 could spring into the same as Uprising does...

Okay, I know I might judge too early, but Brawl was somewhat of a disappointment at times, so I don't have much faith on Sakurai improving up at SSB4.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
As long as dlc doesn't drop the same day the game does then I'm good.

I'm getting the 3DS Version.

@roster contest
All the rosters are the same now with 3 or less unique characters and then it turns into "who has my favorite character" contest. The only rosters with any kind of significant differences are the unrealistic ones

Sad but true.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I've been listening to some more Bowser music from Galaxy, and if he does get a castle stage (preferably one that shares a "slot" with a new Peach's Castle like how Mushroomy Kingdom had 2 areas) I hope the Bowser's Road theme makes it in.

SMG1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_gS2jO2PjM&feature=related
SMG2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0WnISE79mU&feature=related

Its probably likely that the one from Galaxy 2 would be chosen in a Bowser stage, BUT a good idea would be to have the track from Galaxy 1 play, then the one from Galaxy 2. It could be like the Yoshi versions of Delfino Plaza and Rico Harbor. I wouldn't mind them just using SMG2's, or they could make their own version.

Also, it would be AMAZING if Bowser got some gravity-related abilities. It would be a bit of a revamp of course, but imagine: a firebreathing heavyweight with claws, shell attacks and gravity powers. I literally can't think of too many people who have been in Smash and use gravity powers for standard or special attacks. The Super Mario Galaxy games give Bowser so much moveset potential--not just the fights, but the sequence that leads up to the fights. Before the battles begin, Bowser suspends gravity and then pulls Mario into his world (planetoid actually) like he has his own gravity. You could make PLENTY of fighting ideas with that concept.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How you mean gravity powers? I don't want a floating Bowser in Smash...

Also, this:

Don't blame me for wanting Zelda / Impa, blame my country. The idea is pretty popular over here so I've read on Dutch Nintendo forums. :D

And you have to say, it works. It just does.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
He only floated in Galaxy 2. I mean stuff like f***ing up gravity for those too close as a down B (his aerial DownB can still be Bowser Bomb) by suspending them slightly off the ground helplessly for a few seconds. Or a move that makes opponents slightly heavier to disrupt their air game. This is off the top of my head--I'm not specifically saying "He'll do this or that", I'm just giving examples. Look at some fights from Galaxy 1 or 2 as well as the sequences that lead up to it (like him roaring and then pulling Mario to his planetoid)

EDIT: Mewtwo SORTA screws up gravity with his SideB.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Every time I come back to this thread, DK is talking about Impa. She is quickly turning into the new Victini except with a one man fanbase. Good times...

Edit: It works? Maybe, but so does Sheik. I'm sure everyone else has said this a million times, but your ONLY motivation and reasoning is that you like Impa. That's it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, just wanted to post this. I'll be on a roadtrip to Las Vegas. We're gunna have a good time, just as I've planned :grin: So, cya'll later.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If I am the only one who likes her, why are other people putting her in Brawl even? :smirk:
She is overlooked cause of Ghirahim, but that doesn't mean she doesn't has a shot. I say her chances are bigger than Ghirahim, just because of Sheik.

Sheik's moveset is 304% made up. Impa does have the actual abilities to make a better moveset then Sheik, but that doesn't mean they absolutely have to. She is the quick fix to make the Zelda character Skyward Sword based. As I believe most time on Zelda characters will be spend to revamp the ones we have, especially Ganondorf.

I will just say that IF we get Skyward Sword designs for Smash 4, it's likelier than not that Impa takes Sheik's place. You can argue all you want about Sheik being in OoT3DS, or that they can come up with a Skyward Sword design for Sheik (which does not excist, with actual proof: Hyrule Hystorica- also remember that NINTENDO gave Sakurai the unused TP Sheik design, they didn't make it themselves) but why bother? Just for the sake of keeping Sheik?

That's about as stupid as it can get, cause why would an irrelevant character as Sheik get so much extra attention, when she is only a sub-character to Zelda? Why is it that the idea of having a new Pokemon Trainer is so widely accepted, but not an updated Zelda / Impa? If Sheik was only as common in Zelda as Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard where in recent titles I'd agree but that's NOT THE CASE.

I'll be my one man army on this untill the day Sheik will get an actual new Zelda appearance.

EDIT: Sakurai ain't American either Yani ;) AND: He's currently playing through Skyward Sword. He also got OoT3DS, but good thing is that Impa also actually makes an apperance in that one. He can judge who he likes better if he completes both games. I will still say myself 2 apperances is better than 1. Even though Impa's role in OoT3DS is neglectable, she is still one of the 6 Sages, mentor to Sheik, and protector of Zelda. Her role even in that game isn't less than Sheik's, but sure in that game Sheik of coarse is more popular. Doesn't mean her popularity in the overall series is better. Give Skyward Sword some time to "ripe".

Actually, am thinking of doing a OoT playthrough after Skyward Sword.

He only floated in Galaxy 2. I mean stuff like f***ing up gravity for those too close as a down B (his aerial DownB can still be Bowser Bomb) by suspending them slightly off the ground helplessly for a few seconds. Or a move that makes opponents slightly heavier to disrupt their air game. This is off the top of my head--I'm not specifically saying "He'll do this or that", I'm just giving examples. Look at some fights from Galaxy 1 or 2 as well as the sequences that lead up to it (like him roaring and then pulling Mario to his planetoid)

EDIT: Mewtwo SORTA screws up gravity with his SideB.
That would be awesome if Bowser would pull others more towards him with his aerial Down B. Would especially work on the first few frames, as it's slow anyway. If your about a character space close to Bowser in the air, his Down B would pull you under it making it easier to hit with it with full force.

'Bowser's so fat, he has his own gravity!' :laugh:

Can't picture many more moves working that way though, as it could easily end up being way too broken with Bowser's strenght.

Didn't play Galaxy 2 though. But I think I'll try borrowing / trading it from a friend for Skyward Sword when I finish Hero Mode.

Mewtwo should totally have gravitly related Psychic moves though. His Side B needs a total revamp, make it have twice or 3 times the range, and far more than double the strenght and allow to chose where you throw people into. An extended grabbing move, and a great set up for combos and a potential finisher. Mewtwo would be great if he got this.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
If I am the only one who likes her, why are other people putting her in Brawl even? :smirk:
She is overlooked cause of Ghirahim, but that doesn't mean she doesn't has a shot. I say her chances are bigger than Ghirahim, just because of Sheik.

Sheik's moveset is 304% made up. Impa does have the actual abilities to make a better moveset then Sheik, but that doesn't mean they absolutely have to. She is the quick fix to make the Zelda character Skyward Sword based. As I believe most time on Zelda characters will be spend to revamp the ones we have, especially Ganondorf.

I will just say that IF we get Skyward Sword designs for Smash 4, it's likelier than not that Impa takes Sheik's place. You can argue all you want about Sheik being in OoT3DS, or that they can come up with a Skyward Sword design for Sheik (which does not excist, with actual proof: Hyrule Hystorica- also remember that NINTENDO gave Sakurai the unused TP Sheik design, they didn't make it themselves) but why bother? Just for the sake of keeping Sheik?

That's about as stupid as it can get, cause why would an irrelevant character as Sheik get so much extra attention, when she is only a sub-character to Zelda? Why is it that the idea of having a new Pokemon Trainer is so widely accepted, but not an updated Zelda / Impa? If Sheik was only as common in Zelda as Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard where in recent titles I'd agree but that's NOT THE CASE.

I'll be my one man army on this untill the day Sheik will get an actual new Zelda appearance.

EDIT: Sakurai ain't American either Yani ;) AND: He's currently playing through Skyward Sword. He also got OoT3DS, but good thing is that Impa also actually makes an apperance in that one. He can judge who he likes better if he completes both games. I will still say myself 2 apperances is better than 1. Even though Impa's role in OoT3DS is neglectable, she is still one of the 6 Sages, mentor to Sheik, and protector of Zelda. Her role even in that game isn't less than Sheik's, but sure in that game Sheik of coarse is more popular. Doesn't mean her popularity in the overall series is better. Give Skyward Sword some time to "ripe".
Your opinion about Sheik being easily replaceable is held by you alone, simply because she stands in the way of Impa and Smash. You continually allow your fanboyism to blind you to the reality of the situation. Most people like Sheik and don't think there us any reason to axe her. She has made herself relevant through Smash. Zelda's whole theme is that she has the ability to transform. You really think Sakurai would alienate all the fans of Sheik, just to appease a few Impa fanboys? It doesn't work like that. Sorry.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You know what would be pretty cool? We should have some kind of contest on here for who can design the best roster.
I like this idea. Give everyone 60 choices (including transformations) and see who guesses the biggest number of character or the characters few saw coming. The winner gets the title/badge of "Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS Foresight."
"It is also the first video game programmed by Kazuaki Morita. He considered his work on Ice Climber to be a "warm-up" before becoming a main programmer on Super Mario Bros."

Totally basing that off of this little tidbit though. :awesome:
I hope Ice Climber was a warmup, because it is a terribly boring video game.
DLC has soo many uses it's crazy to think Nintendo might not use it for a game like Smash.

Just got to hope they wisen up.
Pretty much I agree. I think Sakurai actually likes DLC. However as stated in that IGN interview, I think the Wii wasn't capable of handling DLC/Sakurai didn't know if the Wii could handled DLC when Brawl was released.
As long as DLC isn't planned during development, then I'm fine with it
Unless the developers are like "eh, we want to release the game first or we need to finish more important stuff. We can just release that later [for free=???]." Then it's cool. Plus, I honestly don't think Nintendo will charge w***re-ish fees like other companies *cough-Activision-Blizzard-EA-Microsoft-cough*

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Hey Diddy, you want to know what being defensive is. It's when you make a multi paragraph post to reply to a 2 line post about something you don't like.

Because they do that with ever character.

The only move she has is making a barrier that doesn't work.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I dunno about all this here Shiek/Impa business, but that moveset is likely going to return, barring some type of major gameplay reboot. That being said, I wouldn't put it past them in regards to making a Skyward Sword appearance for Shiek. Why? Because they were apparently going to make a Toon Shiek. Now we have no idea how a Toon Shiek would have looked like, when it was cut from the game, or why it was cut from the game, but if you base your ideas on the concepts of characters solely off of Hyrule Historia (Which I don't think is the best of ideas, since they could easily withhold content that could be used later) then there were no plans for a version of Shiek back in Wind Waker. Now we have no idea if Toon Shiek was scrapped at her design phase, or even if it was a place holder name for a planned Tetra, but it still raises the possibility that they can just make something up.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
How you mean gravity powers? I don't want a floating Bowser in Smash...

Also, this:

Don't blame me for wanting Zelda / Impa, blame my country. The idea is pretty popular over here so I've read on Dutch Nintendo forums. :D

And you have to say, it works. It just does.
Wow those hacks are really good. That is actually close to what I would imagine those characters to look like if they were in Smash 4 3DS.

You got any more of them?

Dr. Ivo Robotnik

Smash Cadet
Just had an idea for an Assist Trophy.

Solar Striker
Game: Solar Striker (GB)

The spaceship called the Solar Striker appears, and proceeds to fly across the screen, moving up and down shooting lasers. It would fly off of one side of the screen, and just when you think it's gone, it comes back.

The original game was a vertical shooter, but having the ship fly from top to bottom wouldn't work very well on stages with no pits.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@chriono
check the workshop. I'm pretty sure they imported the model straight from SS. A molo file or something.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Link is the only one with a SS look. Ganondorf obviously won't have one and neither will the child Link of Sm4sh(be that Toon Link or Young Link, whichever). Zelda MIGHT, but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept her Twilight Princess look.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I kinda would be surprised since Zelda's in the game, and it'd be pretty easy to redesign Ganondorf since that's what happened with Shiek in Brawl. :/

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Watch Diddy Kong be demotivated when Impa is revealed early on... as an assist trophy.

The next dang, BAM! Sheik confirmed for a third time! :laugh:

Then the next day Ridley gets shot down... again... :( ... NOT!!!!!!!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Watch Diddy Kong be demotivated when Impa is revealed early on... as an assist trophy.

The next dang, BAM! Sheik confirmed for a third time! :laugh:

Then the next day Ridley gets shot down... again... :( ... NOT!!!!!!!
First day, perfect attendees.
Second day, Sheik(playable) and Impa(AT).
Third day, Ridley.
Fourth day, Starfy.

This would make me a happy camper. :awesome:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Link is the only one with a SS look. Ganondorf obviously won't have one and neither will the child Link of Sm4sh(be that Toon Link or Young Link, whichever). Zelda MIGHT, but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept her Twilight Princess look.
The young Link will still probably be Toon Link.

I'm very curious as to what they're going to do for Zelda and Ganondorf. Both need significant changes in their gameplay and both
did not appear in their "normal" forms in Skyward Sword.
My guess is this: The Starfox characters got designs that were a combination of their previous designs (don't remember Fox with Micky Mouse shoes though). Zelda and Ganondorf may get similar treatments with Skyward Sword influences in their design. For Zelda, I'm picturing SS' body with something more regal with possibly alternate costumes. I honestly don't know about Ganondorf as his appearance has changed in the last three games significantly.

BTW, the reason I want Impa over Sheik is primarily because I don't think the whole Zelda/Sheik design is all that efficient as I've said before. I think the two movesets are best off being separated so they can grow without interferences from each other.

@Chrono
I wanna say a month or so after the game comes out.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Wow, we are almost 50 pages away from 5,000...
This thread grows up so fast. :')

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Chrono: I think they might do this whole "countdown" thing by showing us the OVAS time to time before game's release.

(-l,l-)

And don't let Diddy's hopes on Impa down guys. I don't have anything against Impa, she might even be more ideal to Smash than Shiek, and help Zelda/Shiek users concertrate on other prefererred character, like Kuma said.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If Skyward Sword Zelda is chosen, and Impa gets in, then they would make all of Smash Bros.'s female characters blondes.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Speaking of Uprising. I'm really looking forward to seeing what's going to happen with that game. It seems to be really all over the place, but its probably going to be a pretty good insight as to what Sakurai may bring over to Smash 4. And while I won't say anything in regards to its characters and if they could be in Smash, it seems like there are a lot of potential item ideas from that game, like those satellite weapons. Heck, I just saw the trailer for its online mode, and there seems to be a weapon that makes a cloud appear and a giant foot drop down from said cloud and stomp on people. T'would be pretty choice to have in dat dere Smash 4.

If Skyward Sword Zelda is chosen, and Impa gets in, then they would make all of Smash Bros.'s female characters blondes.
Nana?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I have been saying for a while that we would get lots of content from Kid Icarus Uprising in Smash 4 (items, stages, Assist Trophies, and possibly characters).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom