• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
In the pre-Melee poll, it was a three-way tie for second-place for the Zelda newcomer spot between Zelda, Sheik, and Young Link. Guess who Sakurai ended up choosing? :troll:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
He chose sheik, smart man. TBQH I would have done the same.

IMO we should get a power stone character for a 2nd capcom rep if any. Jack was a my favorite.
:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
In the pre-Melee poll, it was a three-way tie for second-place for the Zelda newcomer spot between Zelda, Sheik, and Young Link. Guess who Sakurai ended up choosing? :troll:
You actually got me thinking. Sakurai said that Brawl he had the roster figured out from the start, so he wouldn't run into any complications in that respect. Does that mean Melee's roster (besides the clones) wasn't solid? I mean... Zelda was RANDOMLY revealed very late right? Or am I just reading too far into it?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He chose sheik, smart man. TBQH I would have done the same.

IMO we should get a power stone character for a 2nd capcom rep if any. Jack was a my favorite.
It'd be Falcon, the main guy, or Ayumi or Rouge for other styles, I'd imagine. Not that Jack isn't awesome, almost like the Voldo of the series.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
All 3 of them..?

Yes. Afterall, they all were technically second-place. :troll:

I am still anxious to see the Kid Icarus Uprising OVAs. There is no release date yet for them, but I am assuming that will be revealed starting in late February.

It would be nice if they showed one new OVA a week (there are six in all) leading up to Uprising's release.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
It'd be Falcon, the main guy, or Ayumi or Rouge for other styles, I'd imagine. Not that Jack isn't awesome, almost like the Voldo of the series.
I know that falcon is the most likely if that series were to even be considered, but jack is still my favorite.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes. Afterall, they all were technically second-place. :troll:

I am still anxious to see the Kid Icarus Uprising OVAs. There is no release date yet for them, but I am assuming that will be revealed starting in late February.

It would be nice if they showed one new OVA a week (there are six in all) leading up to Uprising's release.
Ganondorf and Young Link where unlockables, and Zelda was also shown in that trailed. Not her playable character model though, but she was shown. Also, this was around the time of OoT, so it was to be expected.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If/when Smash gets DLC, it won't be because of Fire Emblem

I don't see anything but characters, stages and music, anyway

The only way I see DLC being created is because Sakurai had some characters SORTA complete and he REALLLLLY felt like he needed to add them into the game, otherwise it would be unfinished in his eyes. He won't do it if he feels he completed the game for the most part.

Not her playable character model though
But Sheik was? Fwaaaahh? What is this?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Gee, the fans sure were excited to see Sheik. Moreso than Bowser, even. :troll:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If we do get DLC it will probably be stuff like costumes and trophies. Maybe stages.

I don't see characters though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The only way I see DLC being created is because Sakurai had some characters SORTA complete and he REALLLLLY felt like he needed to add them into the game, otherwise it would be unfinished in his eyes. He won't do it if he feels he completed the game for the most part.
Or he could make some clones afterwards? I personally would like nerfing and buffing patches for characters, but have them like, once a year.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
About 5th or 6th best.

They also liked Ice Climbers, and where very glad to see Ness again. They started with their applause with Peach though.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
About 5th or 6th best.

That explains a lot... I'm making all of the characters(as Lvl 9 CPU) fight each other. Peach was in Match 2. She's won every match. She beat 6 Kirbies in a row. :glare:

FINALLY. She lost to Samus. Jeezum.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Kirby is actually really bad in Melee, so no surprises here. Also liked Peach the best from the Melee higher tiers, but it was a late realisation. If I had to pick a Melee high tier now, I'd probably wanna play Marth, or Falcon, or ... Sheik (cause of Amsah, mind you)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Kirby is actually really bad in Melee, so no surprises here. Also liked Peach the best from the Melee higher tiers, but it was a late realisation. If I had to pick a Melee high tier now, I'd probably wanna play Marth, or Falcon, or ... Sheik (cause of Amsah, mind you)

But still, 6 of them? That's CRAZY. I'm re-doing this when it's over. She won WAY too much.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Peach is 5th in order from high to low, Kirby is about 3rd from low to high. He's either above or under Bowser at least.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Peach is 5th in order from high to low, Kirby is about 3rd from low to high. He's either above or under Bowser at least.

So where's Pichu? Does it go something like Pichu, Bowser, Kirby?
Samus wins again...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
GRAAAH! SAMUS AGAIN! Screw it, I started over.

First Match: Doc, Mario, Luigi, Bowser
Winner: Doc

Second Match: Doc, Peach, Yoshi, DK
Winner: Peach

Third Match: Peach, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Falco
Winner: Peach

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Hey, Shortie, I wasn't calling you butthurt the other day, I was only referring to myself and how I personally would never get buttpained over a different opinion

I rarely ever call people butthurt, anyway, I don't like assuming people's tone of text

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Fourth Match: Peach, Fox, Ness, Ice Climbers
Winner: Fox

Fifth Match: Fox, Kirby, Samus, Zelda/Sheik
Winner: Samus

Sixth Match: Samus, Link, Young Link, Pichu

Seventh Match: Samus, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo

Final Match: Samus, Mr. Game and Watch, Marth, Roy
Winner: Marth

Overall Winner: Marth

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Stor...ing-a-comprehensive-list-of-unused-characters I'll just leave this here...

So apparently, the famous 'Sakurai's poll' was just a translated page with counted fan mentions, nothing as big as it was made up to be.

You realize most people here have known about this for a while now? Toise showed ME that uhmmmmm half a year ago? And that thread is pretty old anyhow. That isn't even all of the questionaire anyways. Just tiny pieces Sakurai showed off. A scratch of the surface. And I hope you do realize that the FULL questionaire is probably one of the bigger factors in determining the SSB4 roster.

Literally, the OP of that thread came on here a few days ago. Me and SSBF knew him at least.

OH, and Pichu isn't the worst on the Brazillian tier list, if anyone cares.

ALSO STAR, where ever you are. I want your opinion on the Nsider2 Smash posters. I honestly haven't seen a single one so far that strikes me as all that intellectual, and there speculation seems.... behind... compared to our, well you and I and the older poster's way of speculating. Iunno, I really haven't been wowed by anyone over there.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This place is pretty much the best. GameFAQs has a few bright bulbs, however, its mostly drowned out by the ocean of idiots. There is no other place that comes close to SmashBoards in terms of intelligent roster speculation. IGN is pretty much GameFAQs but worse. NSider has less profound idiots than GameFAQs and IGN, but no one that really stands out.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That guy? Yeah I saw him, I would have posted if I had the time. Such a shame on my part. :ohwell:

I'll also have to get a Nsider2 account sometime.

yani

Smash Lord
ALSO STAR, where ever you are. I want your opinion on the Nsider2 Smash posters. I honestly haven't seen a single one so far that strikes me as all that intellectual, and there speculation seems.... behind... compared to our, well you and I and the older poster's way of speculating. Iunno, I really haven't been wowed by anyone over there.
I'm no Star but Nsider2 Smash section is infested with trolls. The rest of the community is great, just that one board is full of fail.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
This place is pretty much the best. GameFAQs has a few bright bulbs, however, its mostly drowned out by the ocean of idiots. There is no other place that comes close to SmashBoards in terms of intelligent roster speculation. IGN is pretty much GameFAQs but worse. NSider has less profound idiots than GameFAQs and IGN, but no one that really stands out.
It's true though, when I feel like I'm the smartest person on the board, something is wrong. I haven't met anyone there who really says anything of value. I barely see Star posting either.

I'm no Star but Nsider2 Smash section is infested with trolls. The rest of the community is great, just that one board is full of fail.
Yeah, I think this community, at least for Smash Spec, and "Pool Room/Blog" topics is far more advanced and intellectual. I'm not impressed with Nsider2.

Is anyone else on that site? I know Me, Star, Yani and SSBF are.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
^I'm on Nsider2 as well (though I'm probably not as familiar as the rest of you). I'm the person who made the "Toad for SSB4" thread.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
If you want a duo partnership in a character, look at Donbe & Hikari. They were the protagonists of a popular Japan-only text adventure game and have some fighting capabilities. Their game proved to be so popular that it was even remade for the Super Famicom. They even managed to cameo in a few games too (such as Kirby's Dream Land 3, and Hikari was one of the islanders in Captain Rainbow too). They were a trophy in Melee, and Donbe appeared as a sticker in Brawl as well as there being a remix of a song from their game as well (Shin Oniga Shima).

Another idea for another possible duo character would Kat & Ana. Sakurai is obviously familiar with them since they were Wario's Assist Trophy.
How would Donbe & Hikari fight. What kind of moves could they use?

Also, Star, if we are going to do FF music in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom