• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
I hope wii u has 6 player

When do you guys think there will be a smash 4 poll made by sakurai?

:phone:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Just modify their moves, and I'll be happy.
Just RENAME their moves and everyone will be happy. :awesome:

If you so much RENAME Ness "Ninten" even though you kept Ness's model, I guarantee you fans will go into a nerd rage over how Ninten replaced Ness even though they look and play exactly the same. :rolleyes:

Speaking of which... I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai decided to replace Sheik with Impa but renamed her "Sheik"... basically Impa whose name is Sheik... and fans will delude themselves into thinking that Sheik didn't get cut even though she has Impa's model. Though it would be hilarious if they decided to keep Sheik but renamed her "Impa"... making fans think Sheik was cut in favor of Impa. :troll:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Items to bring back in Sm4sh:
Barrel Cannon
Red Shell
Flipper
Parasol

Poke Ball Pokemon to return:
Scizor
Onix
Hitmonlee
Raikou

New Item Idea:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Seeds-The Seeds from the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games. All of them look the same, but each one can cause a random effect. They can:
Simply explode(Blast Seed)
Heal damage(Heal Seed)
Make opponents fall asleep(Sleep Seed)
Daze the opponent(Totter Seed)
Petrify opponent(Stun Seed)
Enhance speed(Quick Seed)
Make Smashes stronger(Violent Seed)

Some ideas. Thoughts?

EDIT: Forgot to mention. The three Seeds with positive effects are automatically ingested. Heal Seed lowers damage, Quick Seed increases speed(character surrounded by blue outline), and Violent Seed increases power(character is surrounded by red outline). The other four can be picked up and thrown.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I got the Wii at launch.

Still, its funny how there is a longer and longer time period between Smash Bros. titles.

From Smash 64 to Melee (Japanese release dates), it was close to three years.

From Melee to Brawl, it was six years.

From Brawl to Smash 4 (assuming a late 2014/early 2015 release), seven years.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Not me... I bought Wii mainly for Brawl... and I am disappointed with the overall game library Wii has to offer... I only have Brawl, Galaxy 1-2, Skyward Sword, Epic Mickey, Okami, NSMBWii... I should have invested in a PS3... they got more games I am interested in... Castlevania, Metal Gear Solid (because of Brawl), Prince of Persia, God of War, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Batman... I am not going to buy Wii U unless they have more games I am interested in besides Smash 4. I think Wii U and/or PS4 might be the last game console I buy.

D

Deleted member

Didn't get Wii at launch, won't get Wii-U at launch.
I've got a few years until Sm4sh. I can wait to get the Wii-U.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Some stages that they should add:
Comet Observatory (Super Mario Galaxy)

The Stage (Paper Mario)

Geothermal Power Plant (Metroid: Other M)

Katina (Lylatwars 64)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Geothermal Power Plant? It... it is flat like Final Destination. What makes this stand out from the other places in Metroid Other M? And how would this be different from Final Destination? We gonna have Ridley as a stage hazard? :troll:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The sideboob of the goddess of darkness is no match for the thigh of the goddess of light. :embarrass:
Funny how the comparison is EXACTLY Juri vs. Chun-Li.

Melee's speed is too fast for my tastes. Brawl's speed seems more manageable, overall.
Man up.

In all serious:ness:, I would like to see less technical skill be required WITHOUT removing options unless new options are introduced.

Can we all just come to the realization that Sheik isn't going anywhere (really, making Sheik cel-shaded like Zelda in Skyward Sword is easy to do), and that Impa is not going to magically replace Sheik=??? That won't happen. Geesh, this is getting ridiculous. Can't we just go back to starting a flame war over the Victini vs. Zoroark debate=??? :laugh:

On a side note, what do you all think should be done (if anything should be done) to modify Ness and/or Lucas' moves to make them more unlike one another (although they are pretty different) and to make them more like their characters in EarthBound and MOTHER 3.
We all thought Ridley was gonna be in Brawl. Look what ended up happening. Anything can happen really. Zelda/Sheik could easily be broken up with Sheik being replaced by IMpa.

On Ness and Lucas:

Ness:
B: PSI Flash
Side B: PSI Rockin' (Functions the same as PK Fire)
Down B: Hypnosis
Up B: PSI Teleport

Lucas:
B: Offense Up (Increases power of next Smash attack)
Side B: PK Love (Functions the same as PK Fire)
Down B: PSI Counter (Looks like PSI Magnet)
Up B: Carrier Pigeons (Think Snake's Cypher)

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Geothermal Power Plant? It... it is flat like Final Destination. What makes this stand out from the other places in Metroid Other M? And how would this be different from Final Destination? We gonna have Ridley as a stage hazard? :troll:
Sure, lets roll with that. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Make PK Rockin and Love different than Fire, PK Fire was never really good, just situational. Make them an actual psychic grabbing like attack with effects of Rockin / Love, much like how Mewtwo should do the same with Psychic instead of Confusion. But make them different somehow still.

Also, please continue with Sheik vs Impa, cause I made some points last page which I'll probably forget next time it's brought up. Because believe it or not, I'm not always responsible for bringing up the topic.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wii U will definitely be my last game console if I do decide to buy it.
I might reconsider buying Wii U if SSB4 got the characters I want so bad... Toad, Meowth, Duck Hunt Dog, Tingle, Dixie Kong... tall order, I know... but I am tired of waiting over 10 years for these characters already. Same with how some fans have been asking for Ridley, King K. Rool, and Mega Man for over 10 years.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Make PK Rockin and Love different than Fire, PK Fire was never really good, just situational. Make them an actual psychic grabbing like attack with effects of Rockin / Love, much like how Mewtwo should do the same with Psychic instead of Confusion. But make them different somehow still.

Also, please continue with Sheik vs Impa, cause I made some points last page which I'll probably forget next time it's brought up. Because believe it or not, I'm not always responsible for bringing up the topic.

Here it is! :awesome:

Just RENAME their moves and everyone will be happy. :awesome:

If you so much RENAME Ness "Ninten" even though you kept Ness's model, I guarantee you fans will go into a nerd rage over how Ninten replaced Ness even though they look and play exactly the same. :rolleyes:

Speaking of which... I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai decided to replace Sheik with Impa but renamed her "Sheik"... basically Impa whose name is Sheik... and fans will delude themselves into thinking that Sheik didn't get cut even though she has Impa's model. Though it would be hilarious if they decided to keep Sheik but renamed her "Impa"... making fans think Sheik was cut in favor of Impa. :troll:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I might reconsider buying Wii U if SSB4 got the characters I want so bad... Toad, Meowth, Duck Hunt Dog, Tingle, Dixie Kong... tall order, I know... but I am tired of waiting over 10 years for these characters already. Same with how some fans have been asking for Ridley, King K. Rool, and Mega Man for over 10 years.
Sorry to disappoint but I think Meowth, Duck Hunt Dog, and Tingle are more likely to not show up. Toad and Dixie Kong have a decent enough shot though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
One more thing on Impa vs Sheik, most fans of Sheik when I asked this question who should get in (and actually PLAY Sheik) where cool with the idea. gsninja and Ice Prince being 2 examples. Doubt that any other character replacement will be well received however, but Impa -> Sheik is a very good, and imo clever one which would still be widely accepted.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I keep saying that if Impa does somehow get in, it will primarily be so that Sakurai has an easy way of matching Zelda with Mario and Pokemon in terms of slots.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
All I need is Medusa sideboob in holographic 3-D and I'm all set. :troll:
Remember how we could look up Peach's underwear in Melee and Brawl? Imagine doing that when Palutena is playable in Smash 4! :awesome:

All the more reason to add Palutena... she has such strong sex appeal... ungodly sex appeal! And the best of all is this... she is actually important in Kid Icarus series (a high profile Nintendo franchise despite not having a game since 1991) and she is relevant and she certainly has Sakurai's attention... and fans are starving for more female characters (the same goes for Medusa). This is why I think Palutena and Medusa, but especially Palutena, are very good choices for the Smash 4 roster.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm starting to think that pretty much all of the Palutena and Medusa supporters are perverts. :awesome:

I regret nothing!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
All the more reason to add Palutena... she has such strong sex appeal... ungodly sex appeal! And the best of all is this... she is actually important in Kid Icarus series (a high profile Nintendo franchise despite not having a game since 1991) and she is relevant and she certainly has Sakurai's attention... and fans are starving for more female characters (the same goes for Medusa). This is why I think Palutena and Medusa, but especially Palutena, are very good choices for the Smash 4 roster.
Don't you mean... godly? :troll:

Anyway, I agree that right now it looks like Palutena and Medusa are the best choices there are for female newcomers. Dixie Kong though is the next best choice after the goddesses.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yes, those enemies are clearly based off of Metroid, and were even in the original Kid Icarus. Both Kid Icarus and Metroid had the same development team so that's the reason.
Well, see, NOW it makes sense. Thank you.

BABY FEYESH! :awesome:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm starting to think that pretty much all of the Palutena and Medusa supporters are perverts. :awesome:

I regret nothing!
If you want a female character in a game, you're a pervert according to Chrono's standards. Krystal? Furry. Lip? Loli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom