• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
We, as fans, will be royally screwed over. Yes, things like streaming and fanworks are considered copyright infringement, but the companies turn a blind eye to it (and sometimes embrace it) because it's free advertising. The concerns are to stop piracy, but I want to say that, because of the way it's written, that it unnecessarily covers too much ground. Sites like Youtube, Deviantart, and possibly even Smashboards would be shut down because they would be considered to be promoting copyright infringement.

In other words, we have more to worry about than not being able to upload replays to Youtube.
Ah, the SOPA making their way to Riots. They are the intelligent, aren't they? Lol If they go through with this, all hell will raise, and possible a revolt. Now, we wouldn't want that, would we?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Nintendo promises to stream video to the tablet itself, how much more difficult can it be to watch the update channel?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually, considering the state of the US, nay, the world, I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of revolution.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Wii U will probably have a little more EA-influenced online system than normal, because apparently EA is working really closely with Nintendo on the online front

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
We, as fans, will be royally screwed over. Yes, things like streaming and fanworks are considered copyright infringement, but the companies turn a blind eye to it (and sometimes embrace it) because it's free advertising. The concerns are to stop piracy, but I want to say that, because of the way it's written, that it unnecessarily covers too much ground. Sites like Youtube, Deviantart, and possibly even Smashboards would be shut down because they would be considered to be promoting copyright infringement.

In other words, we have more to worry about than not being able to upload replays to Youtube.
This is why, I hope it fails horribly. **** SOPA

Damn Iblis.........you have that **** saved?

The man in the mirror is content with replays, I'd prefer the ability to record audio commentaries; should the Wii U be that dynamic.
No, I just searched for them

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I must have discussed that recently then.

Yo, I don't like the idea of Gamecube VC whatsoever.

-we don't know what form of input they would use
-Physical copies are easier to transport
-double dipping

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What's wrong with a GameCube VC? I wanna play some StarFox Assault or Pikmin man. :(

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Ok so i got this off of wiki.

An aide to bill sponsor Lamar Smith has said, "This bill does not make it a felony for a person to post a video on YouTube of their children singing to a copyrighted song. The bill specifically targets websites dedicated to illegal or infringing activity. Sites that host user content—like YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter—have nothing to be concerned about under this legislation.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
So I still think Smashboards would fall under attack from this. Or else we wouldn't be worried.

N has a point. What is our input for the GC games if we aren't using the GCC

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
**** the SOPA anyway. What do they think we have internet for??

Ohh and yeah I guess I see the point now in not wanting a GC VC...

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Keep that OG Wii handy.

We may not need a revolution as Kuma suggests, but in this day in age- we need all the resources we can get

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
They'd do a new classic controller for playing GC-games, maybe?

SOPA. Maaan. I hate that bill with passion. Even if it was nerfed down last December radically.

:phone:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Keep that OG Wii handy.

We may not need a revolution as Kuma suggests, but in this day in age- we need all the resources we can get
Word to both things

What kind of revolution we're talking about?
Probably at the highest form, a strike/boycott on the internet. Most likely the internet will see a severe drop in usage and sites will lose revenue due to it. Hopefully that would reject the bill.

They'd do a new classic controller for playing GC-games, maybe?

SOPA. Maaan. I hate that bill with passion. Even if it was nerfed down last December radically.

:phone:
Ugh can't they just make the GCC again? just make it port to the Wii U now. Now you have to suffer 10 frames of lag through the classic controller because it's wireless. That's dumb.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That's been happening for ages bro. Don't think internet censoring would be the final drop to flood the bucket so to say...

Point is: they want us enslaved. No way to express our real thoughts and fall under mind controll of cororporations and the job market. All for their own gains, and continueing to starve out the rest of the world.

I'd say, it was fun while it lasted, but it'd be a big loss to 'lose' the internet from these ***** ***** indeed.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
That's been happening for ages bro. Don't think internet censoring would be the final drop to flood the bucket so to say...

Point is: they want us enslaved. No way to express our real thoughts and fall under mind controll of cororporations and the job market. All for their own gains, and continueing to starve out the rest of the world.

I'd say, it was fun while it lasted, but it'd be a big loss to 'lose' the internet from these ***** ***** indeed.
I said it before, and I'll say it again. I wish 2012 is right. Zombie hunting all day :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I said it before, and I'll say it again. I wish 2012 is right. Zombie hunting all day :troll:
Hopefully WE are not the ones becoming the zombies though. Diseases running high, foods being poisioned...

WE are the ones to make 2012 happening actually. Our enemy wants us to become weaker for much longer before they actually attack us directly I feel.

yani

Smash Lord
@GC VC
Classic Controller Pro would work fine. Probably a bit awkward though. I'm pretty sure they'll end up making a controller similar to GC's anyway

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I can just as easily if not better make an Illuminati debate out of everything as well as I can turn around Smash speculation being all about Impa vs Sheik ^^

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hopefully WE are not the ones becoming the zombies though. Diseases running high, foods being poisioned...

WE are the ones to make 2012 happening actually. Our enemy wants us to become weaker for much longer before they actually attack us directly I feel.
Riots turn into zombie warfare. ._. I see where this is going Lol

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I ain't gonna lie, I am a little suspicious about what our government is doing behind closed doors, though I personally doubt it's anything outrageous like the New World Order or some ****...

But, yeah, they'd better make the CC 2.0 wired and the design in lieu of the GCN controller

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Keep that OG Wii handy.

Well, it's not like something on the scale of the French Revolution where we kill authorities by the guillotine. I remember something my uncle said that he believed there would be a revolution of the mind. That, I can see happening. Eventually, people would get sick of the way things are done and they try to take action since if you want something done right, do it yourself.

I'm gonna say something different this time (just to keep things on topic) from my notoriously "complicated" suggestions. What do you think can be done to streamline the game? This is something, N, Iblis, and I discussed for a bit on Skype. My suggestions are:

• Remove the C-Stick in terms of usage.
  • Change the way DI works to where only the analog stick is required. Perhaps even merge DI and Smash DI. For the record, Smash 64 had only Smash DI.
  • All multi-hit attacks cannot be DI'd at all until the very last hit.
  • Reduce the number of shield and jump buttons to one button each. There's no need to have two of each.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I ain't gonna lie, I am a little suspicious about what our government is doing behind closed doors, though I personally doubt it's anything outrageous like the New World Order or some ****...
I don't doubt it either my brother. Too many, things are coming that are weird as hell.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anyone of y'all seen Project Wake Up or Zeitgeist? Some interessting stuff there, definitely worth checking out.

Remember that the 'system' is not how you are SUPPOSED to live. It's just an agreement many western people have agreed on many years ago and is now sort of staple on how the world is "supposed" to be to them. Of coarse continueing to downpress everyone who disagrees with them, making me feel the whole idea isn't pure or innocent at all. Especially since it only serves the ones on top. THEY KNOW that we are in actual slavery for them, but shut up about it cause they have it so good. Meanwhile in Africa.....

Revolution of the mind is what is is indeed. But in a time with so much technological advancements, it's hard to say 100% no to everything the material world has to offer, I'd agree. It's the reason we are all here in the first place lol.

Only thing that is stopping us it that they actually have a lot to say about how we live, eat, and just about everything. It's a risk we gotta take, but eventually I am gonna take it. Just waiting for the right moment to strike with the right movement.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Horsetail- Directional influence

@Iblis- I mean, if you're not totally naive like some people out there, you can't help but be a little suspicious of the events around you, and maybe the truth behind them, even if you ain't much of a conspiracy theorist (which I'm not my damn self), nah mean?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's not much of conspiracy, just hidden truth. Truth speaks loud and clear for those who can hear. ;)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm gonna say something different this time (just to keep things on topic) from my notoriously "complicated" suggestions. What do you think can be done to streamline the game? This is something, N, Iblis, and I discussed for a bit on Skype. My suggestions are:

• Remove the C-Stick in terms of usage.
  • Change the way DI works to where only the analog stick is required. Perhaps even merge DI and Smash DI. For the record, Smash 64 had only Smash DI.
  • All multi-hit attacks cannot be DI'd at all until the very last hit.
  • Reduce the number of shield and jump buttons to one button each. There's no need to have two of each.
  • You agreed on removing the C-stick by yourself dog lol
  • SDI should stay in multi-hits
  • I think mapping should be defined more so the Z button won't be so faulty, if it gets mapped like the C-stick would be amazing

@Metal: I do a little research on conspriacies here and there but I don't think we should get into this here.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
[*]You agreed on removing the C-stick by yourself dog lol
[*]SDI should stay in multi-hits
[*]I think mapping should be defined more so the Z button won't be so faulty, if it gets mapped like the C-stick would be amazing
I never said you or N agreed to it, just that we discussed streamlining a bit.

Why do you think SDI should stay on multi-hits? It's one thing if you were only able to SDI out of the last hit, but I see no reason as to why you should be able to during any other time. It makes the attack effectively useless since the opponent can just escape out of it.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Iblis- I agree but I wasn't plannin' on getting into anything deeper, I just wanted to get that last little point in.

Y'all can continue with your scheduled discussions

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I never said you or N agreed to it, just that we discussed streamlining a bit.

Why do you think SDI should stay on multi-hits? It's one thing if you were only able to SDI out of the last hit, but I see no reason as to why you should be able to during any other time. It makes the attack effectively useless since the opponent can just escape out of it.
My bad on the agreement part. :c

But I think it should stay because it adds more depth, for follows up. It makes you think more.

Look at this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom