• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Lol, there are still plenty of great games out there coming out soon, not like it'll be the end of the world if we don't get anything at E3 (which, mind you, I still expect no matter what)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Patience young grasshopper, patience.
I began speculating for Smash 4 a few months after Brawl was released. I am disappointed too we may not know anything possibly for another 1.5 years (E3 2013 is the absolute latest the reveal for Smash 4 will be).

I just hope that at E3 Iwata will at least give a date of when to expect a reveal for Smash 4, and not something vague such as "when its ready".

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Or just keep it with the Brawl style, as it was by far the best looking. Don't see the need to improve much on Brawl's character designs to be honest. It's still one of the best looking Wii games by far.
Yeah, ok. You're right, I can't really imagine an improvement.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Patience young grasshopper, patience.
No reason not to be. I'm still waiting for other games.

Lol, there are still plenty of great games out there coming out soon, not like it'll be the end of the world if we don't get anything at E3 (which, mind you, I still expect no matter what)
It won't be, but I'm expecting a good game released. I'm just getting jumpy about the rumors and stuff, I guess. No reason to, because I railed them already with my Sakurai post.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The funny thing is that the only two games I am anticipating are games that are/will be developed by Sakurai (Kid Icarus Uprising and Smash 4). Hopefully , there are some other stuff at E3 that is announced that will interest me.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Aipom: I think you nailed it. Throw in that Mewtwo is the most wanted newcomer for SSB4 from Pokemon and you'll see why the 1st gen is so memorable.

@ChronoBound: Perhaps there should be an alliance for us to get Sakurai's smile? :troll:Because dropping Sheik would require Sakurai to make massive changes with Zelda to make up for it. Even if Impa were to be paired with Zelda, he still would have to make massive balancing changes as you have to balance Impa with Zelda and then balance Zelda/Impa with the rest of the cast.

Keeping Zelda and Sheik together is much easier to do then dropping Sheik.
He would still have to do that even if he keeps Zelda/Sheik.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Same here. Would be really cool to see a new Donkey Kong game. But anything new would be good.

The topic was Impa vs Sheik again last few pages. I don't know if I'm winning or people are just fed up with hearing Sheik is irrelevant but it wasn't going on for long. ^^

He would still have to do that even if he keeps Zelda/Sheik.
Also, Zelda / Sheik was NEVER balanced. Be it Sheik being Top Tier in Melee or Zelda being Bottom Tier in Brawl...
Point is; both characters are bouncing to extremes waaayyy too much. Impa as the guardian monk archetype would be a more defensive Sheik to give a fast description. Make Zelda a bit more balanced, give her a bit better projectile game and we already have better balance than Zelda / Sheik ever was.

Seriously, the point in keeping Sheik is almost as irrelevant as Sheik is to the Zelda games.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A new Donkey Kong or StarFox would be the best I think. Both series deserve so much better from Nintendo. >_>

F-Zero to btw.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Quite unrelated, but are there still some big Wii games coming out?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sales being boosted by just HD graphics aren't enough they're saying :awesome:

Also Zaxis, I'm from Europe. We had Xenoblade but I didn't pick it up. Don't know what The Last Story is, and don't care much for Mario Party.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Streaming videos of the game.

- For friends
- To show off techniques
- For tournaments
- To show people that stuck in an area how to get past it
- etc.

It has so much potential

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Streaming videos of the game.

- For friends
- To show off techniques
- For tournaments
- To show people that stuck in an area how to get past it
- etc.

It has so much potential
It would be pretty sweet, but the potential legal issues with that are astonding, especially with SOPA in the works (don't forget Wednesday's blackout, guys). I would honestly be content with just replays being uploadable to Youtube.

D

Deleted member

I want to see a new F-zero and Star Fox game for the Wii-U. Along with a new Custom Robo.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Hmm I just got an idea. It would be nice to be able to call someone via mic on smash like how Xbox has parties. To take this a step further, seeing how the Wii U Tablet has a screen, it can be used to stream things to others, rather it be tournies, other matches, someone showing how to do a certain thing, etc.

I wonder if that is possible.
My jaw just dropped. The idea of an active gaming community with nintendo's titles is just precious.
Lol thanks, I was just messing around on training mode practicing punishing landings and then the thought came to me. Whenever I'm in training mode I let my mind roam so I can think of new creative stuff to do in a match but instead that came to me.
Did you see e3?

From my knowledge when the Wii-U was presented such an ability was possibly via the Wii-U's small screen. I'll look for it.

Just LOOK
:phone:
Yeah I watched E3, but from what I saw it only streamed what was on your TV.

Note: Someone put this idea as another demand suggestion to Nintendo.

EDIT: yeah at 1:42 it streams from your TV

EDIT 2: WAIT, 3:31 show potential for what I mean but, can it stream from other people's TVs besides your's?
I'm guessing so, it will probably have the ability to stream through it as long as the Wii-U is connected with it I guess.

..and yes I posted something about this in the discussion room.

:phone:
WORD, thanks Omega.

Here is the original concept.

@Metal: Thanks but the idea is old, well for some of us in here

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
"Can it stream from other people's TV's"

As in like video chat (like with the PlayStation Eye/Xbox Kinect)?

EDIT: Wait, nvm, I figured it out

Yeah, like Omega said, you could probably do that as long as the Wii U stays on, I guess

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah like how Skype has the ability to share screen. I wonder if the Wii Table can do that on its video calls.

Nintendo has so much potential in that thing.

I mean think about it, if you could "share screen" with that, communities casual or competitive could grow. Nintendo could actually see a profit from that because people might want to see a game streamed to them by a reliable source, aka one of their friends, before they decide to buy it.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@N: Same here, I would hope it could multi-task. Maybe members from Skype should jump on Nintendo to help with that...

@Yani: Idk, as of recent trend Nintendo's consoles are terribad at the beginning and don't get good until a year in.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
It would be pretty sweet, but the potential legal issues with that are astonding, especially with SOPA in the works (don't forget Wednesday's blackout, guys). I would honestly be content with just replays being uploadable to Youtube.
So if SOPA is past then we wont be able to post vidos on youtube? that will be sad :(:c

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'd imagine something like that would be able to happen. I really like the "people might want to see a game streamed to them by a reliable source, aka one of their friends, before they decide to buy it" part; that's kinda like "word-of-mouth" marketing, if you think about it

Maybe we could get the latest Nintendo news/trailers streamed to our tablet, as well?

@yani- I want to, but there'll probably be problems at launch with it, so I'll probably wait at least a few months or so before I buy it

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So if SOPA is past then we wont be able to post vidos on youtube? that will be sad :(:c
We, as fans, will be royally screwed over. Yes, things like streaming and fanworks are considered copyright infringement, but the companies turn a blind eye to it (and sometimes embrace it) because it's free advertising. The concerns are to stop piracy, but I want to say that, because of the way it's written, that it unnecessarily covers too much ground. Sites like Youtube, Deviantart, and possibly even Smashboards would be shut down because they would be considered to be promoting copyright infringement.

In other words, we have more to worry about than not being able to upload replays to Youtube.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Damn Iblis.........you have that **** saved?

The man in the mirror is content with replays, I'd prefer the ability to record audio commentaries; should the Wii U be that dynamic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom