• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My bad on the agreement part. :c

But I think it should stay because it adds more depth, for follows up. It makes you think more.

Look at this
This is why Meta Knight doesn't need to be nerfed, everyone else needs to be at his level.

Great vid. Where can I find more?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Damn government... I'll eat what I want. I'll say what I want. I'll buy what I want. I'll play what I want. I'M GOING TO POST WHAT I WANT ON YOUTUBE! :mad:

:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
My bad on the agreement part. :c

But I think it should stay because it adds more depth, for follows up. It makes you think more.

Look at this
I think it adds more depth, but do you think Zelda's USmash should be SDI-able at all times? This is what I'm getting at. If you can DI out of the first part of her attack, she pretty much whiffs the attack and is left wide open. That's not balanced at all.

Again, I have no problems with SDI, or DI in general, being needed for mixups and followups, but the Zelda example is something I don't want. It's like making something that's high risk:high reward into high risk:no reward.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Its the only way you learn Metal, engage.

Just like the higher ups were tellin me when I used to wrestle, everyone gets beat up. It makes you tougher.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'd love to but I don't know much about the technical/more competitive side of Smash.

Simply put, I'm more of an Art Director than a SFX producer
Nothing wrong with becoming well-rounded, right?

I think it adds more depth, but do you think Zelda's USmash should be SDI-able at all times? This is what I'm getting at. If you can DI out of the first part of her attack, she pretty much whiffs the attack and is left wide open. That's not balanced at all.

Again, I have no problems with SDI, or DI in general, being needed for mixups and followups, but the Zelda example is something I don't want. It's like making something that's high risk:high reward into high risk:no reward.
Problem with whole thing is, on a human level, only light characters or characters that are very floaty, can SDI Zelda's Usmash and Fsmash. Weight, and hit resistance all go into SDI/DI'ing. Sorry that I didn't mention that before.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
You'll get that education in a hurry.

That's a fine read, since that's how it occurs. It's formally known as Smash Directional Influence.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Problem with whole thing is, on a human level, only light characters or characters that are very floaty, can SDI Zelda's Usmash and Fsmash. Weight, and hit resistance all go into SDI/DI'ing. Sorry that I didn't mention that before.
And you don't see anything wrong with that?

I know that DI encompasses those factors.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
And you don't see anything wrong with that?

I know that DI encompasses those factors.
No because even then, it's still hard to SDI Zelda's moves.

See if SDI was a big a problem, Fox wouldn't be able to land any sort of move after Dairing, maybe he would get punished before he even finished it.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah homie, go for it.

Also, I got new videos coming from me (I haven't played competitvely in about 6 months) if anyone is interested.

P.S. GET ON SKYPE

EDIT: So basically SDI helps but it isn't overpowered. From my experience its saved and me and has messed up some too. Sometimes SDI makes you buffer wrong things :-/ Just got to perfect it

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sorry, I gotta move furniture around in a bit. Maybe later tonight.

BTW, I'll main Fox if I decide to do it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anyone wanna play online some time? Just hit me up. Was having some awesome fights vs a Marth online yesterday with my Diddy, technically he seemed better than me but I won more often. He had a nasty Zelda though, D Airing me of the stage at 23% at once. :O

And yeah man post some vids.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I have dinner soon, don't know what I'm doing tonight (it's 8PM here) so lets try tomorrow. I tend to be awake at night so hit me up whenever.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Sorry, I gotta move furniture around in a bit. Maybe later tonight.

BTW, I'll main Fox if I decide to do it.
LOL, have fun damn it I don't want anymore fox mains, just choose someone more your style like Zero Suit Samus

Anyone wanna play online some time? Just hit me up. Was having some awesome fights vs a Marth online yesterday with my Diddy, technically he seemed better than me but I won more often. He had a nasty Zelda though, D Airing me of the stage at 23% at once. :O

And yeah man post some vids.
I'll play. Lol, I got my YT videos uploading so I got nothing else to do.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
We have some revolutionaries in here. Smash Brothers in arms? When Sm4sh finally comes out that will be the furthest thing on your mind. To busy sitting on BUM and enjoying yourself some RIDLEY.

Also lol@F8AL. I wonder how often THOSE PEOPLE name search. Only ones I can remember are Gatlin and Xiiviixivivivixivixvi. IN MY DAY it was McFox and Mic_128.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
[jumpname]TOC[/jumpname]Current Terms List:

{colsp=2}
Table of Contents

1.|[jumpto=generalterms]General Terms[/jumpto]
2.|[jumpto=standardattacks]Standard Attacks[/jumpto]
3.|[jumpto=tilts]Tilts[/jumpto]
4.|[jumpto=smashes]Smashes[/jumpto]
5.|[jumpto=aerials]Aerials[/jumpto]
6.|[jumpto=specials]Specials[/jumpto]
7.|[jumpto=grabsthrows]Grabs and Throws[/jumpto]
8.|[jumpto=movement]Movement[/jumpto]
9.|[jumpto=dodges]Dodges[/jumpto]
10.|[jumpto=ledgemovement]Ledge Movement[/jumpto]
11.|[jumpto=itemtechniques]Item Techniques[/jumpto]
12.|[jumpto=hithurtboxes]Hitbox and Hurtbox Properties[/jumpto]
13.|[jumpto=shielding]Shielding[/jumpto]
14.|[jumpto=techs]Teching, Missed Techs and Tripping[/jumpto]
@Young: I'll post them all when they all upload. Probably in 3 hours.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Don't compliment me, compliment the Smash Lab, they put in mad work into researching every detail of the game and its engine.

I think they might be working on a new project as we speak.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What's happening? Something about... battling? Ooh, I wish I knew what was wrong with my Wi-fi, or else I'd hit ya'll up, Lucario/Wolf/TLink Style.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Sorry, my bad, well still, props to them and their work

Am I the only one geeked here for Sonic 4: Episode 2? 'Cause Metal Sonic is the main villain again

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I actually have my Wii with me this weekend, so I may want to join in. I'll just have to go and get my current FC.

I'm probably out of practice, that and I'm not sure where I stand to begin with, so I may or may not be a challenge. lol

@Metal Overlord: After doing my review for Sonic CD, I'm really hyped for Metal's return as well. I do hope though that they do a Episode 1 and 2 bundle pack.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
LOL, have fun damn it I don't want anymore fox mains, just choose someone more your style like Zero Suit Samus
How is Zamus more my style. While I did play when I played Brawl, my heart's in a faster character that's not Sonic.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Kuma: ZSS is fast, also she has zoning with Side-B, laser, and Dsmash. She has pretty good control over vertical space too. Not too shabby range either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom