• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
To play the devil's advocate for a second, as long as Diddy's still around, Sheik vs Impa will most likely continue to be brought up

It's not like we won't discuss it again in the future even though we didn't really do so today

But yeah, there hasn't really been much discussion on it today at all

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
On topic of smash, if you had a win-loss record that'd be amazing.

Aiyyo check it.

This would show up on your Wii Table.

Profile: Iblis
Tourneys attended:
  • Waba Weeklies #21
  • APEX
  • etc.
Wins: 50
Losses: 50
Win/Loss Ratio: .5
Last Activity online: January 13th 2012, Friday
Main Character: Fox
Secondaries: N/A
Maybe a little Bio about the person

And then on screen, you could have pictures of the player (optional) and/or videos of their gamplay.

SO MUCH SWAG

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That wouldn't be significant to justify not making GC games downloadable. The WiiU may not have a wole lot of data in by default, but their idea of making it possible to save on SD cards and the like do make it where you can have "hard drive" size of your choice. The 360 and PS3 come in different models with different hard drive sizes. Nintendo is making it simple where the customer has more of a choice in how large they want their hard drive. My concern though is the costs in getting the cards. However, as technology advances, the costs will go down.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We've been there though. And I think I would accept both, but would prefer Impa in, Sheik out cause of reasons.

:phone:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Metal: It's one thing to dislike the topic, but it's stupid and contradictory to dislike it and be one of the main people talking about it or bringing it up. It deters and other useful discussion.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah, exactly like that Metal.

Also, Sakurai needs to tell everyone to man up. Having online leaderboards/ladders are perfectly fine and are healthy for competition all around. To stop any type of scariness of joining the ladder late, the leaderboard/ladder will uppdate every season.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As long as Zelda rosters are brought up I will say Impa is a good choice to bring a fresh re-occuring character in. But I'll gotta say again, she is most likely if Sheik is gone.

But even I don't wanna discuss it now :/

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Leaderboards will be misused. What if the other character just suicides to bring the other up? Suicide goes faster than playing actual matches

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
^ For that, Sora should just have a feature to report them/file a complaint against them for cheating and suspend/ban them from playing Smash online

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Or spectators judging the matches anonymously and randomly? Cool with your idea though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, exactly like that Metal.

Also, Sakurai needs to tell everyone to man up. Having online leaderboards/ladders are perfectly fine and are healthy for competition all around. To stop any type of scariness of joining the ladder late, the leaderboard/ladder will uppdate every season.
Sakurai is the one who needs to man up actually. he was the one who chose to not include them for the reasons you mentioned.
Leaderboards will be misused. What if the other character just suicides to bring the other up? Suicide goes faster than playing actual matches

**** just comes with territory. I d agree, however, that there should be something done to catch these people.

But believe me, eventually, you will care less and less about online play unless you are an online warrior.

D

Deleted member

Here's a thought, after we've stopped talking about it, how you don't bring it back up? You don't like it right? You revive like you do.

Here's another thought; how about you realize that I haven't been online for quite a while, and that I had to "catch up" if you will. To which I find practically 5 pages of the same damn argument.

But you won't. General consensus doesn't give a **** about anyone but themselves these days.

EDIT: Now at the topic as of now. Leaderboards are not needed. We don't need to have fights over who's e-peen is bigger.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Y'know, I should have played you when I had the chance, Iblis.

REGRETS.
Only the Strongest don't leave regrets. My wii is Still Surviving

Okay, just making sure

An option to have personal leaderboards amongst your Wii U friends would be a good feature too, like in CoD
I didn't think of that. That does sound good.

Also if Nintendo would stop being so fickly about things maybe they could hold their own ran tournies based on the community's input.

Either way, I think some things that need changing or can be added
  • Game needs darker colors for the menu screen, Brawl is too bright, Melee and 64 were perfect
  • Some movesets need reworking
  • Better online
  • Including a leaderboard and profile
  • Better gaming engine and physics
  • less overly gimmicky stages
  • if there is going to be a story mode like Brawl's make the enemies, generics from the franchises being represent
  • Balancing

Those are the things I focus on when I think Smash 4 discussion

@Gold: Get over yourself; others who don't show up for a while have to catch up too. You're not a special case lol, also competitioin is healthy. Only people who act all uppity cringe over their overall ranking

@Diddy: Just make suicides count negatively.

D

Deleted member

Do they have to catch up after having ****ing LEG SURGERY?
Didn't think so. So get off my ***.

EDIT: Balancing should be the main front, and Sakurai acknowledged this. That's why he's not the only one doing the balancing this time around.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Agreed on all fronts, Iblis

Single player and online, in particular, are areas where I think has the most potential to expand into something bigger and better than previous incarnations

Who cares about e-peen fights anyway, everyone knows mine is the biggest :shades:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Sorry about your leg. Still doesn't mean you can't use your fingers to click a screen. I've had my whole right leg out of commision from Soccer. It does suck though, sorry that happened.

@Metal: What really got me was, the physics in SSE are different than all the other physics...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Agreed with all there bro. Stages in Brawl where HORRIBLE compared to Melee. And they brought back only the most gimmicky stages as Rainbow Ride. :/ Melee's color scheme was superior to I feel.

And you know I'm all about movesets and revamping. Which character should we discuss first?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I would say Falcon but I think that it was just the engine change that messed with him.

Mario could use some work I would say to start off with.

D

Deleted member

They don't call you Overlord for nothing. :troll:

And the last time the single player was decided to be expanded upon, we got the SSE. Let's not have a repeat, please.

@Iblis: It's alright. I shouldn't have snapped. I have no excuse for it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hey Iblis, I was think over my Ganondorf 2.0 moveset and I was thinking. I created the Gerudo Flip to be the Smash equivalent of a mixup attack. What do you think are the "mixup" areas are in Smash? In Street Fighter 4, there's high, low, crossup, throw teching, backdash, and jumping in the three possible directions, not counting reversals as those are character specific.

For Smash in currents form, I can think of DI trajectories, jumping directions, forward and backward roll, and spot dodging.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I wish I could have Brawled you Iblis but my Wii isn't reading any disc for some reason...

So I'm guessing we won't be getting a trailer at E3?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Gold: How the hell did you do that?

@Everyone else: Brb, got to help my mom

@Ope: Wii's reading system gets dirty really fast clean it

D

Deleted member

How the Hell did I do what? Break my leg?

Landed wrong after a kick in my sparring class. Tore my ACL.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Back sooner than I thought I would be, she was just bringing me pizza :awesome:

@Gold: Ahhh that sucks, I hope it heals fast.

@Kuma: In smash mix ups are
  • landing behind shields
  • whiffing a safe attack purposely to bait an attck
  • throwing out an inferior move that would throw off the pace of the game

etc.

LOL you've got me into this listing phase now

D

Deleted member

Thanks. I'm probably going to be off it for a few weeks.
Which reminds me, I still need to make my non-cloned Dark Pit moveset, as I legitimately believe Dark Pit stands a chance for Sm4sh.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Agreed with all there bro. Stages in Brawl where HORRIBLE compared to Melee. And they brought back only the most gimmicky stages as Rainbow Ride. :/ Melee's color scheme was superior to I feel.

Some of the Brawl characters look better than their Melee counterparts though. For one instance, Princess Peach looked better in Brawl than in Melee. On the flipside, however, Fox looked much better in Melee than in Brawl.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Iblis
The first one is basically pressure. The second one is footsies. Of course, both do require reading the opponent.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would say Falcon but I think that it was just the engine change that messed with him.

Mario could use some work I would say to start off with.
Falcon should be his Melee self again, but I agree that the enigine made him much worse. Or Melee was just very favorable for him.

Mario might benefit from a stronger Fire ball, more like how it was in 64 in size and movement, but faster and more overall damage like Docs pills.

F.L.U.D.D. is useless, and it should be replaced by the Galaxy spin punch to give him a bit of a semi powerful move. And a better recovery with it similary to how it works in Galaxy.

Bring back his Melee combos to with U air, a mix between the F air of him and Doc in Melee (but weaker than Docs). More priority would be nice to, and even though there is nothing wrong with it, maybe a new U Smash to?

Better distance with Up B would be great as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom