• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actutally, im wrong, the first one is basically crossups.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So did I. Liked Fox better in Brawl to, like most characters. Can't really think of any character I like better in looks in Melee than Brawl.

:phone:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Diddy: He should be able to glide with his cape if you hold side B in smash 4, his squirte gun (:awesome:) is useless, and maybe a new Fair is in order

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I believe I accidentally created a non-clone Pichu moveset yesterday... :awesome:
His Up B involved discharging himself into the air. :laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@Diddy: He should be able to glide with his cape if you hold side B in smash 4, his squirte gun (:awesome:) is useless, and maybe a new Fair is in order
You got the idea boy!

And yes, poor Mewtwo... :/

I second Kuma's statement about Dark Pit obviously :awesome:

Also, who's next?

D

Deleted member

No to Impa? Yes to Dark Pit?

lolwut?
I never said no to Impa. I said no to Impa REPLACING SHEIK.
If Impa makes it in with nothing happening to Sheik, I wouldn't care.
EDIT: Heck, at this point, I'd take Impa over Toon Zelda or Ghirahim. Just not before Tingle, but he would represent his own series anyways, so....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pokemon Trainer Yellow anyone? Pichu -> Pikachu -> Raichu by evolution? With a separate Pika option so to not to replace the actual Pika?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
True to that. And of course, give him a real third jump as well. Egg Throw is side special material.
I'd only say yes to the second part if he can still aim his Egg Toss.

On an off-topic note: My vids are soooo close to being done (5 game set, or at least I only felt like uploading 5 out of about 30 or a hella lot more vids), just got to wait 15 more mins.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Someone on Sakurai's team needs to say that Yoshi's should be able to jump out of his shield like everyone else.
That, or make him able to Egg Roll out of it. An extra jump resembling his Mario / Yoshi's Island jump REALLY needs to happen to. Don't care too much about that Egg Throw, even though I also feel it should've been his Side B.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You know one thing that would really help Yoshi and would make juggling him even harder?

While he is double jumping, if you double tap down (doing this will stop accidental presses) you will stop ascending. Yoshi is so easy to punish while he is double jumping because of how commited and slow his DJ is.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@M&S Guy- Call me crazy, but I don't think he should have a 3rd jump...
Why not? In Melee, Mewtwo had one of the highest mid-air jumps, and still had a third jump. Of course, it didn't have any flinch resistances.

Yoshi may gain flinch resistance with his mid-air jump, but he should still have a third jump as a last resort.

I'd only say yes to the second part if he can still aim his Egg Toss.
Maybe by holding the special button, you can alter the angle of the throw. And when the egg is thrown, it would follow a straight line. Another mechanic could be that the Yoshi egg colors would determine how much damage the eggs would deal. The more powerful eggs would be rarer to throw, however. Think of it as Yoshi's version of Peach's Vegetable.

Green Yoshi Egg - Weakest, and most common egg thrown. It has no added effects.
Light Blue Yoshi Egg - Weak damage, but can send foes flying at low angles.
Pink Yoshi Egg - Weak damage, but can send foes flying at high angles.
Blue Yoshi Egg - Has Meteor Smash properties. A somewhat uncommon egg.
Yellow Yoshi Egg - Moderate damage, and is the third least common egg.
Red Yoshi Egg - Much stronger, and can create a larger blast radius than most other eggs. Second least common egg.
Rainbow Yoshi Egg - Strongest, and least common egg thrown. Its effects can vary.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know one thing that would really help Yoshi and would make juggling him even harder?

While he is double jumping, if you double tap down (doing this will stop accidental presses) you will stop ascending. Yoshi is so easy to punish while he is double jumping because of how commited and slow his DJ is.
DJC then needs to make its come back, togetter with Mewtwo.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Why not? In Melee, Mewtwo had one of the highest mid-air jumps, and still had a third jump. Of course, it didn't have any flinch resistances.

Yoshi may gain flinch resistance with his mid-air jump, but he should still have a third jump as a last resort.
I've just never considered it that much of a detriment to his playstyle, I dunno why. I've been able to do semi-decent with him, I just feel like it's a necessary sacrifice...

I wouldn't mind him ending up having one, though

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want Peach Castle from Melee back, and Mushroom Kingdom. And of coarse Fountain of Dreams, Fourside, and a few old skool stages as DK Jungle 64, Kirby 64, Saffron City (in new graphics).

Were also long overdue for a Bowser or Ganon Castle.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How about revamping Wolf

@Mario and Sonic Guy- It came from P: BR? Huh, I actually have a reason to like that game now :laugh:
I did a Wolf one a while back. His normals don't need any changing, just his specials.

B: Desperado Laser
Wolf can charge his laser like Donkey Kong's punch. When he tries to use the laser, he can aim his laser any where and the lasers go full screen and have hit stun. Depending on how long he charges, he can use anywhere between one and three lasers at one time.

Reference: The Wolfen's Multi-Locks in Starfox Command.

Side B: Claw Swipe
Wolf swipes his claws. Aside from being used as a melee attack, this attack also reflects all projectiles. Physical projectiles like Samus' missile are simply stuffed.

Reference: A more feral take on the reflector.

Down B: Pounce

Wolf jumps at a certain height and pounces the opponent before tossing the opponent to the ground, skidding. This move is an anti-air command grab, but it can also grab opponents on the ground.

Reference: lol Nature. Thought he should have one more thing to make him stick out.

Up B: Feral Crouch
Named after MvC3 Jill's technique of the same name, this move puts Wolf in a crouching animation that be canceled out of with a jump or pressing down B or any normal with the second options being your safest.

When in this crouch, Wolf can essentially do Pikachu's quick attack. However, unlike Pikachu's Quick Attack, you can choose to do one and immediately cancel into an attack available only available during this move. This move acts as a spike at higher percentages.

Reference: Again, a feral take on Fox's fox Illusion. Other influences include MvC3's Jill and BlazBlue's Makoto.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Yoshi's weight has always been questionable. He has never been classified as Heavy in the Mario spin-offs, after all.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Diddy: Fountain of Dreams needs a comeback (had one of the few Smash tracks I liked) and so does Termina Bay (with a little revamping).

@Sonic Music: It's always good. Just sometimes I wished the gameplay was good as the music.

@M&S: Idk why he's heavy. Just something that made sense to Sakurai.

@Kuma: I really love that moveset, it's perfect imo

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is it so strange for a dinosaur that people can ride on to be heavier than the people who would ride on it?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@M&S: Idk why he's heavy. Just something that made sense to Sakurai.
It still makes little sense though. I would think that Yoshi would rival Mario's weight, at best. But I guess his older looks made him look heavy.

But now, because Yoshi has taken a more humanoid-looking stance, I would think he'd be lighter than before.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wolf really needs no revamps imo, but those suggested moves are cool.

Yoshi can be a tad lighter if his jumping gets fixed. Snake if he returns needs to be a lot lighter to

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why is that shorty? Afraid that people actually like the idea? You guys don't even consider it before blasting it of all the time.
I considered it, and then decided no on it because it makes no sense. You dance around everything people point out is wrong with it, and then continue on as if they never said it.

The rest of this post i spent hopelessly trying to discredit Sheik, a popular character, who may not be that important, yes, but isn't going anywhere. Instead utterly failing at convincing anyone that Sheik is a bad choice, and should be removed, I would suggest you centering your argument around Impa being an easy add clone. Even then, most people woundn't want her because clones suck, and not many even like Impa. I can't believe I'm actually responding to this either, because at the end of the day Impa just isn't replacing, Sheik. It's not happening, and that's that.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
ALSO, it's a neat coincidence that the two Mario spin-offs that rep their own series by themselves are the same weight.

This should mean that Wario is capable of being rode upon.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
ALSO, it's a neat coincidence that the two Mario spin-offs that rep their own series by themselves are the same weight.

This should mean that Wario is capable of being rode upon.
Or that he's fat as hell while DK is buff as hell.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ganondorf and Snake should swap weights, IMO.

@Kuma: BUT IT'S WARIO AND YOSHI SILLY. DK HAS HIS LITTLE BUDDY DIDDY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom