• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManicRaider

Smash Cadet
Meowth alternate costume: Team Rocket uniform.
That would be so cool. I'd always use that costume especially if it's the black version.

Still, regardless of Meowth's common anime appearances, there are better choices for the next playable Pokemon.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Such as?

Meowth I THINK would have a boring moveset. What makes Jiggs so interesting is how floaty she was IMO, her moves themselves are pretty lame, and if she wasn't a balloon Pokemon, she would be boring.

I mean, Scratch, Pay Day, pursuit, double team? BORING.
Pay Day could have aesthetic charm with it being sparkly and making a scattering coin sound. There's also Screech which could be cool if they used it correctly.

I forgot to say, Jigglypuff and Meowth are boring because they're normal type, which for the most part have lame phsycial moves. Jiggs is saved by being a Balloon Pokemon. Not that being boring totally kills Meowth, it's something to think about.
All that means is that they are more like melee fighters than ranged. Nothing wrong with that.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
When Sausage uses Meta Knight, does he become Meat Knight?
*sighs* I told you once. Then I told you multiple times afterwards...
My name...
Is...
AURASAGE, GOD DAMN IT!!!

T_T In otherwords, that sausage thing is getting annoying. Please stop. If you want, you can call me Luke, or asage (shortened for aurasage). But the sausage thing better end.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
My name...
Is...
AURASAGE, GOD DAMN IT!!!

T_T In otherwords, that sausage thing is getting annoying. Please stop.
That avatar... coupled with that post... is SHEER HILARITY.

:phone:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I forgot to say, Jigglypuff and Meowth are boring because they're normal type, which for the most part have lame phsycial moves. Jiggs is saved by being a Balloon Pokemon. Not that being boring totally kills Meowth, it's something to think about.
Well, Pikachu would be boring without electricity. In that same sense, Meowth would be boring without coins. So I would suggest Meowth to fight with coins in addition to scratching.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
My name...
Is...
AURASAGE, GOD DAMN IT!!!

T_T In otherwords, that sausage thing is getting annoying. Please stop. If you want, you can call me Luke, or asage (shortened for aurasage). But the sausage thing better end.

It's funny because he says come and sausages are mildly phallic.

D

Deleted member

After seeing the graphics on Brawl, I've been wondering how good they'll be on SSB4... Here's a picture to show the differences of the 64 originals to the Brawl vetrans.

Any thoughts?
I think they should focus more on giving it an artistic style. The realism is good, but I do think it'll start to turn on itself if Sakurai were to attempt for more realism.

Beautiful games can be produced without the latest visuals and I'd like for the game to look beautiful on a more artistic scales then on a graphical scale.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Am I the only one that thought Captain Falcon looked really stupid in Brawl. The scarf was a nice touch, but other than that, his design should go right back to the Melee one. It's like Sakurai was just FORCING his design to change SOMEHOW, so he added stupid things like a pointy stuff to his helmet, TWO shoulder pads?! and weirdo boots.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Am I the only one that thought Captain Falcon looked really stupid in Brawl. The scarf was a nice touch, but other than that, his design should go right back to the Melee one. It's like Sakurai was just FORCING his design to change SOMEHOW, so he added stupid things like a pointy stuff to his helmet, TWO shoulder pads?! and weirdo boots.
He's got space animal boots... XP

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
This comment is Falcon Punch'd :awesome:

So, SSBF, lemme ask ya. If they had an approach to an Anime art style, would you dig it? I would <_>

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
T

All that means is that they are more like melee fighters than ranged. Nothing wrong with that.
I never said anything was wrong, just boringg.

Well, Pikachu would be boring without electricity. In that same sense, Meowth would be boring without coins. So I would suggest Meowth to fight with coins in addition to scratching.
Yes, luckily he has Electricity. And, Im sure Meowth could be interesting.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
And, Im sure Meowth could be interesting.
You know Meowth has had two different Pay Days in Smash... I was thinking that the 64 one could be for Meowth's Down B... kinda like a counter move... hit Meowth and coins come out. The Brawl one could be for Meowth's Final Smash. Meowth's B could be the Pay Day from the Pokemon games as a simple projectile...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, I liked the Melee designs best. They were a good combination of cartoony and realistic. Like Skyward Sword is.

yani

Smash Lord
That's silly... just because Meowth isn't in Ash's group anymore doesn't mean Meowth is no longer worthy for Smash. The simple fact that Meowth is one of two 1st gen Pokemon who are still showing up in the anime is good enough reason to continue supporting Meowth. To me, the fact Meowth is still in the anime keeps me anchored to the Meowth bandwagon. Most people have given up on Meowth, perhaps because they were demoralized when Meowth wasn't playable in Brawl... or they are focused on supporting Mewtwo and some 5th gen Pokemon... or they never really wanted Meowth in the first place... or a combination of both. Not me... I keep supporting Meowth despite the unfavorable odds because I actually like Meowth as a Pokemon and I do think Meowth would be interesting as a fighter.
I never stated he wasn't worthy for Smash, I said he would have had my hardcore support. On a personal note I find Team Rocket extremely annoying, so it would have been awesome if
Meowth actually stayed with the good guys

I'd take Meowth over a 5th gen any day though.

yani

Smash Lord
Honestly, I liked the Melee designs best. They were a good combination of cartoony and realistic.
Same thing popped in my head when I gave Melee another whirl today. Definitely the best designs. Especially the Mario characters. I'm really not a fan of there designs in Brawl. They seem a bit awkward to me

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm just sick of the "realistic = better". I very much thought TP looked bland as hell, especially compared to Wind Waker.(and this isn't talking about why I think TP was vastly inferior to WW either)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just as long as they go a bit brighter with the atmosphere I'll be happy. Brawl just felt dark IMO, maybe it was the serious tone of the main theme, and that Mario had a poker face.

On a side note though, it seems that level select will be available from the get go in Uprising. IMO, Sakurai's starting to make his games too approachable...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think this is a subject that needs to be addressed, so I’ll be the one to bring it up. RANT TIME. This topic: Double additions.

In Smash 64, we got two double additions, Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, and Jigglypuff. Makes sense considering Pokemon was MASSIVE at the time, and it’s Mario. Later in Melee was saw multiple additions for Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda. These made a lot of sense because they were fairly popular series, with a decent amount of characters to give. (Mewtwo, Pichu, Doc, Peach, Bowser, Ganondorf, Young Link, Zelda/Sheik) Now in Brawl, we had most of the big series filled up with who needed to be there. One of the last series that needed a large leap was Kirby, and it got it’s leap. Now that Smash 4 is about to go underway, I think it’s time for us to discuss the possibility of double additions, and which series should get one. Because I feel that there is too many smaller series to build upon, I doubt that we will get multiple double additions again. 64 and Melee were really making massive additions with some extremely well known, and needed characters. So, like Brawl, we’re going to assume this is going to be a single double addition, and even if it isn’t I don’t care.

The series that I think COULD get double additions are: Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem,and Kid Icarus. I suppose I should start with Fire Emblem and why I think they could get two additions. For starters, Sakurai is a fan of the series, and not only that, but I don’t think he gives a damn about “slot counts” like most of you crazies do. Not to mention, if Sakurai got his way, Roy would have been in Brawl. Couple that with the fact that we MAY have a good character candidate in Chrome (BIG IF), I could see him adding both characters. I wouldn’t count on it though, simply because Chrome kind of looks really boring… and unless we find out Liz is a perma partner (Something Sakurai seems to enjoy incorporating into his characters) I don’t see him being too interesting.

Next we have KI and PalMed. Medusa and Palutena are both in the new KI game, that Sakurai is working on. Sakurai may or may not feel the need to add ANY KI characters, let alone two. I suppose the reason I doubt two characters coming from KI is because it isn’t that big of a series, and doesn’t warrant UBER DEMAND of two characters. Especially over the next two series. Although I do think one of the goddesses would be a good choice for a character. I like Medusa, but either works for me.

If any series should get a double addition, it should be Donkey Kong, or Pokemon. I think that these two are the series where we will see a double addition if we get one. Dixie an K Rool are BOTH probably two of the best additions to the cast. Mewtwo and ZoroTini are good additions as well. (More so Mewtwo than a 5th Gen IMO). If I had to BET on which one would get two new characters, I would go out on a limb and gues Donkey Kong… but it could go either way. The reasoning behind one of these two series getting a double add is because they’re a well developed series that has the characters for the addition. Kid Icarus PROBABLY has the characters for a double addition, but I think they lack the developed series. KI is just now being reborn, I don’t see a reason to give them two characters over DK or PKMN.

Lastly, I know it sounds like I circled my reasoning around something silly like series size/popularity, but remember, we’re talking about DOUBLE ADDITIONS. I wouldn’t mind a single character addition to basically ANY series, but if we’re going to add double, I think we need to be smart about it. No need to add Ghriahim and Toon Zelda.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Shortie: You'd have to be dumb to not think that DK and Pokemon have the best shots at two reps.

I'm still not so sure about FE and KI though, mostly due to lack of knowledge about their games.

KI in particular, mostly due to the Uprising and Smash 4 relations Sakurai has talked about, and that the fanbase has not really started up yet. Probably doesn't matter though, it may just be my fanboy bias that keeping me from fully agreeing.

"slots" I'm guessing you're mentioning that because I was scolded by Toise for using slang from this thread? (In hindsight though, it is a little dumb when you can just count by character)

D

Deleted member

@Shortiecanbrawl: Don't forget that Fire Emblem also got two reps when it debuted in Smash.

One interesting thing to note is that we have always received two additions for Pokemon and each game had two more Pokemons then the last.

The original had two, Melee had four, and Brawl had six (counting transformation). If we were to continue this pattern, we would get eight (six slots). Considering that we could be looking at a late 40s roster, I'd say the franchise can pull off Mewtwo and Victini/Zoroark with no cuts (providing that Sakurai gets enough time).

For double additions in general, the only franchise that I see getting them are Pokemon and Kid Icarus.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Shortie: You'd have to be dumb to not think that DK and Pokemon have the best shots at two reps.

I'm still not so sure about FE and KI though, mostly due to lack of knowledge about their games.

KI in particular, mostly due to the Uprising and Smash 4 relations Sakurai has talked about, and that the fanbase has not really started up yet. Probably doesn't matter though, it may just be my fanboy bias that keeping me from fully agreeing.

"slots" I'm guessing you're mentioning that because I was scolded by Toise for using slang from this thread? (In hindsight though, it is a little dumb when you can just count by character)
Nononono by slot count I'm talking the people who think Mother shouldn't have two slots because it's undeserving, StarFox shouldn't have four, because that's too much. Wario shouldn't get any because it would misrepresent blahblahblah. I'm talking people who think Smash is some silly house of representatives.

And I agree with you on the KI thing. I think it's VERY MUCH too soon, and while I think Medusa and Palutena are neccessary to finish the franchise, it's only had ONE game release since it's revival, and we don't even know how people are going to react to it. Even if they react well, I think TWO characters is jumping the gun regaurdless. The last thing I want is something like Palutena, Medusa, and K. Rool, instead of having Dixie, K. Rool and PalMed. It just doesn't seem right for characters so.... recently revived to BOTH get in over like, let's say Dixie AND K. Rool. You don't hear many screaming for Little Mac and King Hippo. The ONLY reason I think they could both be added is because Sakurai worked on the project, and even then... I'm iffy on it.

Anyways

@Shortiecanbrawl: Don't forget that Fire Emblem also got two reps when it debuted in Smash.

For double additions in general, the only franchise that I see getting them are Pokemon and Kid Icarus.
I forgot about that, and you I already commented on KI.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Nononono by slot count I'm talking the people who think Mother shouldn't have two slots because it's undeserving, StarFox shouldn't have four, because that's too much. Wario shouldn't get any because it would misrepresent blahblahblah. I'm talking people who think Smash is some silly house of representatives.
Oh those crazies. Well chances are we'll be seeing many of them soon.

BWT, I'm surprised no one has brought Mario into this. I guess people are learning something after all.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think they should focus more on giving it an artistic style. The realism is good, but I do think it'll start to turn on itself if Sakurai were to attempt for more realism.

Beautiful games can be produced without the latest visuals and I'd like for the game to look beautiful on a more artistic scales then on a graphical scale.
I've been saying this for a long time. As a matter of fact, looking at all the different Nintendo games, I don't think there's one game that emphasizes realistic graphics. Metroid is an interesting case as Retro went for a more Western sci-fi feel while the Japanese games give me a Ghost in the Shell meets Final Fantasy in Space vibe.

My biggest problem with Brawl's graphics was that the vibrant colors Melee had were all but washed out. Color saturation alone would've made the game look better. Kid Icarus Uprising looks to be an improvement to this to some degree, but I never want to see Bowser look so washed up again. Thankfully, the very vibrant anime art for Uprising shows that saturating the colors for the KI characters wouldn't be such a big deal considering that the changes aren't major.
Just as long as they go a bit brighter with the atmosphere I'll be happy. Brawl just felt dark IMO, maybe it was the serious tone of the main theme, and that Mario had a poker face.

On a side note though, it seems that level select will be available from the get go in Uprising. IMO, Sakurai's starting to make his games too approachable...
I think this might be the key difference between Brawl's art style and Uprising's. Brawl looked dark and washed out, but removing the dark part makes it look decent.

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
Bah, I hate that. It's the same way with Sonic 4.

Personally, I HAVE to play the games in "chronological" order. Otherwise, it just feels... off. I hope this doesn't bleed into SSB4. I love the thrill of unlocking a new character or stage. I just hope there's the ability to copy my save data over to another system (Between my wife and I, we have two Wiis.)

Ice Prince

Smash Cadet
I'm sure Impa would be interesting. Moreso than Sheik.

I do love Sheik, but I wouldn't mind if Impa took over as her own character (this would also make Zelda a single character as well). Assuming the characters get a SS look, as they'd probably go off the most recent release. If that's the case, I suppose Ganny would need a new makeover like Sheik got for Brawl.

But truthfully, the only real change I see would be just adding a character (which I think would be Ghirahim).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I do love Sheik, but I wouldn't mind if Impa took over as her own character (this would also make Zelda a single character as well). Assuming the characters get a SS look, as they'd probably go off the most recent release. If that's the case, I suppose Ganny would need a new makeover like Sheik got for Brawl.
Ice Prince, don't give him something to go on, please. Also, the only REAL change I see to this cast is their appearence, and MAYBE Child Links switching.

But truthfully, the only real change I see would be just adding a character (which I think would be Ghirahim).
Midna says hello~

It's weird, I just noticed how little I play as any Brawl newcomers. My top favorite twelve characters in Smash (Four from each game) are predominately from Melee. Melee, Brawl, 64

Kirby, Link, Jiggs, Mario
Doc, Zelda, Sheik, Peach
Zelda, Bowser, Peach, Wolf

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Is it true that Sakurai finished Kid Icarus Uprising? I heard someone post something about that a few pages back.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why is that shorty? Afraid that people actually like the idea? You guys don't even consider it before blasting it of all the time.

Impa is a very legitimate choice to fresh up the Zelda roster. Because like Mario, every important character is already in, with Sheik. Sheik being Zelda transformation is an OoT ONLY thing. And she got lucky in Brawl cause of that spare design.

Sheik was probably added in Melee to have a ninja archetype fighter. And it was a cool reference to OoT, at that time. Zelda WAS Sheik in OoT after all. But that's not the case in all other Zeldas. And seeing the trend they have been following with basing Zelda characters on their latest appearance, expect the same with them in Smash 4.

As said before, the spare unused Twilight Princess design kept Sheik in, cause she was. likely still planned for the game, and Zelda didn't had much potential to draw of from that game (could have been given the rapier, but just look at what they done to Ganon :/). Hence her being in wasn't TOO bad, yet disappointing. Especially with Mewtwo gone for a newer character.

Zelda didn't have much of a role in TP, but she did shown a LOT of character development in especially Skyward Sword. It's easily her most important role yet. As a standalone character even.

Now to Impa again. She might've been quite forgetable in other games, but that didn't stop Nintendo for giving her this role in SS. It's huge character development in a game series where its rare to have any. Exceptions being the characters we have in Smash, and one offs like Ghirahim and Midna. There is also Tingle.

The fact that she also was brought back to the series before Sheik also works with this arguement. I expect Impa to reappear in Zelda far more often now, thus growing ever more important. Hence why I think Nintendo will personaly tell Sakurai to have Impa over Sheik. The fact that she's also actually a fighter while Sheik is not helps enormously.

And as said by others, and now Ice Prince, I doubt people would care much if this happens. Cause: IT'S NOT LIKE IT DIDN'T HAPPEN BEFORE. Impa could have Sheik's style of fighting, separate Zelda, fresh up the roster and represent Skyward Sword. The pros imo outweigh the only con being Sheik is a veteran. But people hardly play her for being her, they play her cause she's a ninja. Impa could be a half monk, half ninja. She is both more unique and more important to the series. Her replacing Sheik is more logical than Lucario replacing Mewtwo.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm just sick of the "realistic = better". I very much thought TP looked bland as hell, especially compared to Wind Waker.(and this isn't talking about why I think TP was vastly inferior to WW either)
I have been very confused with the trend of trying to make each of the Smash characters look more realistic as well. The only one of the Smash series that I think has gone for "realism" on a regular basis was Metroid and Metal Gear (though its third-party).

For most other series, a realistic style is incredibly awkward.

The sad thing about Diddy's antics is that Sheik was one of the last two characters revealed on the Dojo before Brawl's release. That means we are probably to have to listen to this nonsense for another four years, so get used to it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Just wondering, how should they characterise DK this time?

Mario VS Donkey Kong makes him look totally pitiful and stupid. DKC + Jungle Beat again... not so much. He's a BEAST in those games.

I don't much like the ape being shown as 'dumb' when compared to Mario.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Why is that shorty? Afraid that people actually like the idea? You guys don't even consider it before blasting it of all the time.

Impa is a very legitimate choice to fresh up the Zelda roster. Because like Mario, every important character is already in, with Sheik. Sheik being Zelda transformation is an OoT ONLY thing. And she got lucky in Brawl cause of that spare design.

Sheik was probably added in Melee to have a ninja archetype fighter. And it was a cool reference to OoT, at that time. Zelda WAS Sheik in OoT after all. But that's not the case in all other Zeldas. And seeing the trend they have been following with basing Zelda characters on their latest appearance, expect the same with them in Smash 4.

As said before, the spare unused Twilight Princess design kept Sheik in, cause she was. likely still planned for the game, and Zelda didn't had much potential to draw of from that game (could have been given the rapier, but just look at what they done to Ganon :/). Hence her being in wasn't TOO bad, yet disappointing. Especially with Mewtwo gone for a newer character.

Zelda didn't have much of a role in TP, but she did shown a LOT of character development in especially Skyward Sword. It's easily her most important role yet. As a standalone character even.

Now to Impa again. She might've been quite forgetable in other games, but that didn't stop Nintendo for giving her this role in SS. It's huge character development in a game series where its rare to have any. Exceptions being the characters we have in Smash, and one offs like Ghirahim and Midna. There is also Tingle.

The fact that she also was brought back to the series before Sheik also works with this arguement. I expect Impa to reappear in Zelda far more often now, thus growing ever more important. Hence why I think Nintendo will personaly tell Sakurai to have Impa over Sheik. The fact that she's also actually a fighter while Sheik is not helps enormously.

And as said by others, and now Ice Prince, I doubt people would care much if this happens. Cause: IT'S NOT LIKE IT DIDN'T HAPPEN BEFORE. Impa could have Sheik's style of fighting, separate Zelda, fresh up the roster and represent Skyward Sword. The pros imo outweigh the only con being Sheik is a veteran. But people hardly play her for being her, they play her cause she's a ninja. Impa could be a half monk, half ninja. She is both more unique and more important to the series. Her replacing Sheik is more logical than Lucario replacing Mewtwo.

Happened before? Diddy, when was the last time HALF OF A CHARACTER was removed and replaced with the exact same thing? Let's see... Hmmm... NEVER.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
One interesting thing to note is that we have always received two additions for Pokemon and each game had two more Pokemons then the last.

The original had two, Melee had four, and Brawl had six (counting transformation). If we were to continue this pattern, we would get eight (six slots). Considering that we could be looking at a late 40s roster, I'd say the franchise can pull off Mewtwo and Victini/Zoroark with no cuts (providing that Sakurai gets enough time).

There are also those who want Meowth, but I think the other generations need some love; the 1st generation gets way too much representation.

Zelda is still unique for being the first character to have a transformation. I would find it weird if she doesn't keep that feature.

Also, Ghirahim is a no-no in my book.

Mario VS Donkey Kong makes him look totally pitiful and stupid. DKC + Jungle Beat again... not so much. He's a BEAST in those games.

I get a lot more humor from Donkey Kong in the Mario titles, including his cameo in Punch-Out!!. Besides, he's not very humorous when he has a real gorilla's voice.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
There are also those who want Meowth, but I think the other generations need some love; the 1st generation gets way too much representation.

Zelda is still unique for being the first character to have a transformation. I would find it weird if she doesn't keep that feature.

Also, Ghirahim is a no-no in my book.
Same here. I support Tingle(to an extent) and MM Young Link. That's all.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Neither did I, but Nintendo was really forcing him that role. Looking extra goofy with that toothy grin and all. It's a direct contrast to how Donkey Kong is in the DKC-games. Where he's far more laid back and relaxed, as luckily been mentioned in his Smash Bros. profiles / thropy descriptions.

Sakurai luckily regonised DKC as the main stream of the series, and probably tried to please both Nintendo with adding stages as Rumble Falls and 75m while obviously giving the DKC-fans Diddy Kong playable (FINALLY) along with awesome redone DKC-designs for the Kongs. DK64 references with Diddy's attacks where really the best, a long with Barrel Blast and Jungle Climber at least getting mentions with trophies. Jungle Climber is still heavily under appericiated though. I thought it was better than DKCR to be honest.

Hopefully he will continue with acknowlegding DKC with the development of Smash 4, though I think DKCR will be the main source of inspiration.This makes me think that K.Rool unfortunately isn't that likely to appear. I rather give him about 60~70% chance at making it, and that's being hopeful unfortunately.

And yes, unless Sheik ever returns in a Zelda game I'll gladly keep on telling that Impa > Sheik all day. :awesome: Let them remake OOT a thoussand times and I'll keep saying the same.

Happened before? Diddy, when was the last time HALF OF A CHARACTER was removed and replaced with the exact same thing? Let's see... Hmmm... NEVER.

Smash 4 will be the first time. =) Doubt you'll care cause we get you know, new characters for it in return. Some likely to be more unique than Zelda / Sheik ever was.

Then again, Impa being part of Zelda's character isn't all that out of place, her being her chosen guardian after all. This has been said before. Zelda / Impa can just as easily be done as Zelda / Sheik.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Wow at calling Shiek a half character LOL

Does this mean Samus/ZSS are half characters and that Pokemon Trainer's pokemon are 1/3 characters?

Not that I support the Impa/Shiek change but just because it's never happened doesn't it can't happen. I would like to see an Impa moveset though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom