• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Good point, when I think of sidestepping, I almost always think of the kind of stepstepping in other fighting games (like Tekken and MK)
Well, to be fair, we are going into a separate plane as is. So it's not that different, we just don't stay in the new plane.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Nope, from me. But Toise has a similar opinion on these characters, save Doc. I've always felt this way about the Mario series though.

As for Paper Mario, I think it's silly to add another MARIO, when you have two more recognizable characters and THE MARIO in the game already. Plus, we've seen how Links and Marios come out. Don't be fooled like we were when we thought Toon Link would be unique.

He also mentions fans like the third parties and they could bring new people to the Smash series, BUT, he notes some fans, and internal people from Ninty do not like the idea and are put off by them. He didn't try to say people hate Sonic or anything.

Jill's shown up on the Gamecube, Wii, and has two 3DS games coming out with her in them. (One she is one of the main characters) She's Nintendo enough, and more important than Leon. Despite his loverboy fanbase.
Oh okay, sorry for not giving you the credit you deserve on that. (You seem to be learning a lot from him lol)

While I'd rather not get into a pointless debate as we both agree that PM doesn't have much of a chance. IMO, seeing as we had two Marios in Melee, I don't think it would be much of a stretch to have regular and Paper.

3rd parties are optional, I think everyone can agree on that I guess. If you have a link to all of that though, it would be a good add to the info thread.

BTW, regular or RE5 Jill?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
While I'd rather not get into a pointless debate as we both agree that PM doesn't have much of a chance. IMO, seeing as we had two Marios in Melee, I don't think it would be much of a stretch to have regular and Paper.

3rd parties are optional, I think everyone can agree on that I guess. If you have a link to all of that though, it would be a good add to the info thread.

BTW, regular or RE5 Jill?
Well we agree that he doesn't have much of a chance, and I've already stated that the fact that he's a Spin-Off character (And not Toad or Junior) and a second Mario are the reasons I'm not digging him or consider him a real choice. So I guess we can leave it at that.

Also, the place that is said is in the exact same link and quote SSBF posted. Lastly, Jill in RE5 only happened once. Blonde rapist Jill who can disappear and beat up EVERYONE only happened once. Regular Jill is the ONLY Jill to show up on Ninty consoles, so I choose her.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I'm listening to Bowser's music from Mario Galaxy right now, and it would be AMAZING for him to have a castle level in space because this music is effing epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYsp_U8zs9s&feature=related

I HAVE AN IDEA: Y'all know how we usually have a Mario series castle level, right? And that the Mushroomy Kingdom has an above ground and below ground level chosen at "random" right?! Well, what if they had a Peach's Castle/Bowser's Castle level in one "slot"?! Peach's Castle could have the familiar setting on Mario's planet, while Bowser's could be set in space. It would work wonders!

Opinions?

D

Deleted member

@Shortiecanbrawl: Assuming that we get no newcomers in SSB4 for Mario, if Bowser Jr. remains a static character as a major Semi-Boss/Antagonist or has his role grow even more, do you think he would have a decent shot at SSB5? He is the only Mario character I could see being added if no new Mario characters are added this game.

As for your post, I'm surprised more haven't commented about it. I will say that I do see where you're coming from and it is a good post, although I still disagree. That said, I am going to see what The Toad Brigade thinks of it and will likely make a response for it. Just a heads-up.

@BirthNote: That would be amazing. It would represent the peaceful and antagonistic side of the Mushroom Kingdom.

And that boss battle has to be one of the best I have listened to. Orchestra truly is a master device for music when you put your soul into it.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That DOES sound extra flashy.

And I guess Mushroomy Kingdom was pretty much two completely different stages, huh? Even had different music selections. So, they don't even have to have similar layouts.

Zaxis

Smash Cadet
I prefer:
Comet Observatory to rep. for Mario Galaxy
Bowser Castle to rep. Classic Mario Games or Modern Mario Games

yani

Smash Lord
Is Meowth on the good side now? I'm watching a newer episode and he's camping with Ash & co

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Is Meowth on the good side now? I'm watching a newer episode and he's camping with Ash & co

I haven't been following the anime series, but I can safely say no.

BTW My avatar is awesome. Typhlosion, Lucario, and/or Victini. BRING THEM HERE T3T

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I prefer:
Comet Observatory to rep. for Mario Galaxy
Bowser Castle to rep. Classic Mario Games or Modern Mario Games
There's a salesman in Skyward Sword who makes a face when you decide not to buy his items. I pretty much made the same face when I read this comment. XD

They could have Bowser related music in the Bowser "slot" of the Peach's Castle/Bowser's Castle stage from any Mario game. The Peach's Castle part can feature classic and modern Mario games.

Mario could have a Galaxy related stage (Observatory or Starship Mario) to showcase many (primarily Bowserless) aspects of Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 (Good Egg, Buoy Base, Puzzle Plank, etc).

Luigi is likely to have a Mansion, so he should be fine. If not, he and Mario have basically an equal share in Galaxy stages.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Shortiecanbrawl: Assuming that we get no newcomers in SSB4 for Mario, if Bowser Jr. remains a static character as a major Semi-Boss/Antagonist or has his role grow even more, do you think he would have a decent shot at SSB5? He is the only Mario character I could see being added if no new Mario characters are added this game.
I would say yes, but we have no idea how Smash5 would even... I'm just going to say yes, because that would be helpful. Although you never know how Sakurai feels about a character.

As for your post, I'm surprised more haven't commented about it. I will say that I do see where you're coming from and it is a good post, although I still disagree. That said, I am going to see what The Toad Brigade thinks of it and will likely make a response for it. Just a heads-up.
I'm definitely not scared of the Toad Brigade, so LET THEM LOOK.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I would say yes, but we have no idea how Smash5 would even... I'm just going to say yes, because that would be helpful. Although you never know how Sakurai feels about a character.

I'm definitely not scared of the Toad Brigade, so LET THEM LOOK.
WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULD BE! lol :awesome:

Zaxis

Smash Cadet
BrithNote: I hope you weren't offended
I'm just saying because in brawl we got Isle Defino as a Mario Sunshine rep.
Im just thinking we'll get Comet Observatory for a Mario Galaxy rep.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@Oasis Better? :troll:

I am going to catch a nap. Cya'll l8r. Oh, and btw I should have news on the american release comfirmation of the PKMN + Nobanaga's Ambition game either this upcoming week or the following week.

yani

Smash Lord
I read up on the pokemon anime and watched the next episode of it. What a shame. I was about to go hardcore Meowthforsm4sh

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@Oasis Better? :troll:

I am going to catch a nap. Cya'll l8r. Oh, and btw I should have news on the american release comfirmation of the PKMN + Nobanaga's Ambition game either this upcoming week or the following week.
My avatar describes my feeling toward that. :laugh:

TattleStory

Smash Rookie
I read up on the pokemon anime and watched the next episode of it. What a shame. I was about to go hardcore Meowthforsm4sh

Meowth was much, much funnier in Ash's group, and apparently more like his Japanese portrayal as a negotiator with scattered words of wisdom and the old curious cat stereotype...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

That's silly... just because Meowth isn't in Ash's group anymore doesn't mean Meowth is no longer worthy for Smash. The simple fact that Meowth is one of two 1st gen Pokemon who are still showing up in the anime is good enough reason to continue supporting Meowth. To me, the fact Meowth is still in the anime keeps me anchored to the Meowth bandwagon. Most people have given up on Meowth, perhaps because they were demoralized when Meowth wasn't playable in Brawl... or they are focused on supporting Mewtwo and some 5th gen Pokemon... or they never really wanted Meowth in the first place... or a combination of both. Not me... I keep supporting Meowth despite the unfavorable odds because I actually like Meowth as a Pokemon and I do think Meowth would be interesting as a fighter.

ManicRaider

Smash Cadet
IMHO Meowth is long overdue. He's obviously a very popular character and would make an excellent fighter.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I'm listening to Bowser's music from Mario Galaxy right now, and it would be AMAZING for him to have a castle level in space because this music is effing epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYsp_U8zs9s&feature=related

I HAVE AN IDEA: Y'all know how we usually have a Mario series castle level, right? And that the Mushroomy Kingdom has an above ground and below ground level chosen at "random" right?! Well, what if they had a Peach's Castle/Bowser's Castle level in one "slot"?! Peach's Castle could have the familiar setting on Mario's planet, while Bowser's could be set in space. It would work wonders!

Opinions?
The music alone is fantastic. The stage idea is great too, although I'd also settle for a new Bowser's Castle level and the return of Melee's Peach's Castle too.

Orchestra truly is a master device for music when you put your soul into it.
QFT. :cool:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Meowth eventually returns to Team Rocket. He was merely using Ash & Co. so that he could get into the Pokemon Center with no suspicions.

Still, regardless of Meowth's common anime appearances, there are better choices for the next playable Pokemon.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Meowth alternate costume: Team Rocket uniform.
I actually suggested that sometime in the past. I also would love for Meowth to wear outfits based on different criminal organizations... Team Rocket, Team Magma (Red), Team Aqua (Blue), Team Galactic (Green), Team Plasma...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Would the green from Team Galactic come in the form of that stupid bowlcut.

OTHERWISE A GREAT IDEA. Ehehehe, that Magma Hood would look so COOL.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
After seeing the graphics on Brawl, I've been wondering how good they'll be on SSB4... Here's a picture to show the differences of the 64 originals to the Brawl vetrans.

Any thoughts?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Someone posted a drawing of a special moveset layout for Meowth on the old SSB4 thread. It wasn't his/her's, but its the inspiration for my Rayman moveset. Does anybody remember that pic?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Meowth I THINK would have a boring moveset. What makes Jiggs so interesting is how floaty she was IMO, her moves themselves are pretty lame, and if she wasn't a balloon Pokemon, she would be boring.

I mean, Scratch, Pay Day, pursuit, double team? BORING.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meowth I THINK would have a boring moveset. What makes Jiggs so interesting is how floaty she was IMO, her moves themselves are pretty lame, and if she wasn't a balloon Pokemon, she would be boring.

I mean, Scratch, Pay Day, pursuit, double team? BORING.
Agrees.
Meowth that's right! :troll:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I forgot to say, Jigglypuff and Meowth are boring because they're normal type, which for the most part have lame phsycial moves. Jiggs is saved by being a Balloon Pokemon. Not that being boring totally kills Meowth, it's something to think about.

magic homo capes.
Tell tale sign of a gay.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I've always seen Meowth as a sort of Meta Knight minus the gayness. Y'know, he's just a normal type Pokemon, nothing special. That's his charm. He earns his coins through hard work. No stupid wings or swords and magic homo capes.

@Shorts: Superhero comics are full of homoeroticism.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've always seen Meowth as a sort of Meta Knight minus the gayness. Y'know, he's just a normal type Pokemon, nothing special. That's his charm. He earns his coins through hard work. No stupid wings or swords and magic homo capes.
MK is awesome, what are you on about??? But yeah, Meowth has so much potential, and it's a wonder how Jiggz got in before Meowth. I'm serious. How could you say no to Cats and yes to Puffs, Sakurai?

I made a Meowth moveset revolving around the Meowth from the original anime series... I could go remake it, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom