• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
She doesn't though.
1)Doesn't have a strong role. Impa was always a support character who didn't do anything and in SS it's the same
2)Really isn't that popular. Only to you.
3)Not unique as she does nothing in SS
4)MAYBE, but SS was not a smash success.

BTW, on that whole thing, it is really just using the old rules of characters that will make most of you very wrong. Besides, Sakurai already has a criteria he's told everyone. If you want to be right, look at the big picture. Not the individual attributes.
I remember looking at that a bunch, and ended up thinking about that compared to Starfy.

Long story short, Starfy is good to go.

:phone:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I would agree that F-Zero should not be oddballed to Captain Falcon's "Smash enigma" as his character suggests a more viewtiful joe type than a champion racer.

The working role of that series should have a greater presence, stagewise and other representation similar to the Starfox antics/quirks.
_

SmashChu and others, stop making it about Diddy Kong and bring it back to Impa design as a whole. I recall that popularity and interesting character traits are two distinct criteria.

I'd like to have a discussion about the criteria formed around Diddy Kong's inclusion, much the same as Wario. Their popularity alone did not make their presence distinct in relation to the outcome.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If Lucario returns, he better know some better moves (Looking at (B)V and ^, along with FS).

BTW Everyone ignore my Custom Character post?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hiyaa guysss! (-lwl-)

Just looked through the old SSB-manual, and maan, I miss the days when characters were illustrated funnily. Link especially. XDDD

Can't they get back on something like that in SSB4?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Pico would be the best F-Zero AT.

...I think it is POPULARLY SUGGESTED that Isa take Saki's place as AT if Saki becomes playable, but I would rather Airan took that spot. Wives (If anyone had been around to marry them) > Sons.

For Golden Sun, are the replacements for Isaac's AT spot going to be Garret, Felix, or Alex?

Horsetail, why didn't you tell us
SAKI FIGHTS THE FREAKING EARTH? So cool.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

...I think it is POPULARLY SUGGESTED that Isa take Saki's place as AT if Saki becomes playable, but I would rather Airan took that spot. Wives (If anyone had been around to marry them) > Sons.

For Golden Sun, are the replacements for Isaac's AT spot going to be Garret, Flelix, or Alex?

I don't see why more people try to suggest characters they know that are very unlikely for a playable spot for an Assist Trophy spot. At least getting the Assist Trophy spot would serve as a possible stepping stone for them to become more familiar with the Smash fanbase, and thus possibility having a better chance at becoming playable in the next installment.

Also, in regards to Sin & Punishment's final boss...
Saki does not fight THE Earth, but rather a mimicry of the Earth created by Achi, who was a sort of the antagonist for Sin & Punishment.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
From what I recall, Alex had one of most complex supplementary roles in the cast. You hit the nail on the head with that selection, but then again there are more roles to Golden Sun than the adepts.

I imagine that the Wise one might be either a frequent lurker (Think shyguys or Rex) on the Golden Sun stage or perhaps a hazard.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Has all this support for Saki just recently popped back up? Maybe I missed something a few pages back, but I've been supporting him pretty heavily ever since his AT was confirmed. I didn't think there was any doubt he's likely to be a playable character at this point?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

For Golden Sun, are the replacements for Isaac's AT spot going to be Garret, Felix, or Alex?

As Chrono clarified,
Achi turned into a 'mimicry' copy of earth. Yeah, creepy. But since I she revealed to be a villain...
(-l_i-);;

Airan as an Assist... but she'd be more ideal as a playable! She was quite in a playable role in the game too. (-lvl-);
She'd be like some sort of luigified clone of Saki, all right.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
WHATEVER. Still badass.

If I'm hearing you right Chrono, you're saying people should only suggest AT's that would have a shot of becoming playable in the future?

Dumb.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If I'm hearing you right Chrono, you're saying people should only suggest AT's that would have a shot of becoming playable in the future?

Dumb.
No, I am saying that people who want a character that is very unlikely for Smash 4 should instead do a push for them to get in as an Assist Trophy, that way their chances will be much higher for Smash 5 (due to an increase in both awareness and popularity as a result of their Assist Trophy appearance).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I just wish Sakurai now sticks ONLY to supporting characters or NPC's or minibosses, etc as Assists. But NOT the protagonists of the games! I mean, looking at Hammer Bro, Andross, Kat & Ana and such, the ones who should've been in look just out of place.
(-l_i-);

I know it might make their chances bit higher, but still, seems to just make the fans of the assists who could've been playable more enraged.

Also, what if SSB4 is the LAST SSB-game? Or SSB5 won't seem to be coming for ages? That pretty much kills the whole idea to me.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I'd rather not be given a false sense of hope and then it comes down to popularity over merit in these discussions.

Support and introduction over pseudo-King making

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
WHOOPS. Sorry.

Lip, Muddy, Mach Rider, and Sukapon for AT then. :awesome:

Well, if her chances are that low, then as an AT, okay. Make her a OHKO AT, so I can be happy EVERYTIME she comes to Panel De Pwn the crap out of everyone.

At least it won't be my enraging temper tantrum all over again back in 2008 when I had been anticipating to see Starfy in action, and then when I got Starfy as an Assist for first time...

@#%¤$#!!!!!
/
(-Ò[]Ó-) *​

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Personally, I would like to see someone from the Jugdral arc of Fire Emblem (FE4 and FE5) get in as an Assist Trophy. My personal choice would be Leaf. However, Sety, Julia, Alvis, or Ishtar would be great too. I would not mind Sigurd or Celice either (though I think Celice would make a great alternate costume for Marth).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Isn't Leaf sort of already referenced in one of Marth's palette swaps?

Saki should definitely have an alternate costume with his HALF-RUFFIAN form~ Or whatever it's called. When he gets all black and spiky.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
2D Assist Trophies? How about Giygas? Like the background to the stage becomes Giygas for a short while, and random status effects and damage happen to opposing fighters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Personally, I would like to see someone from the Jugdral arc of Fire Emblem (FE4 and FE5) get in as an Assist Trophy. My personal choice would be Leaf. However, Sety, Julia, Alvis, or Ishtar would be great too. I would not mind Sigurd or Celice either (though I think Celice would make a great alternate costume for Marth).
What about that girl who is the first 'official' sword master? The brown haired girl from Sigurd's story in FE4? Sigurd himself on horse would work as well.

Cecile as alternate Marth costume would be awesome though.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What about that girl who is the first 'official' sword master? The brown haired girl from Sigurd's story in FE4? Sigurd himself on horse would work as well.

Cecile as alternate Marth costume would be awesome though.

Ayra has black hair. Also, we already have Lyn as the swordmaster Assist Trophy.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
YeahwellIthoughtyouhadNOT NICEthingstosayaboutherfansduringthepre-brawldays. *kicks dust*

Would there be AHEM some sort of significance with her as an Assist Trophy, and Roy being playable? Isn't he...
her son?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Would there be AHEM some sort of significance with her as an Assist Trophy, and Roy being playable? Isn't he...
her son?

Technically, yes,
Lyn is a possible candidate for being Roy's mother. Roy's mother is either Ninian, Lyn, or Florina, seeing as those are the three women that Eliwood (Roy's father) can pair up with and marry by the end of FE7.

Interestingly enough, if Roy's mother is Ninian, then that would mean Roy is one quarter dragon.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
@ChronoBound:
Do any of the three appear in FE6?
Nope.

Also, Lyn can also be the mother of Roy's main love interest, Lilina. However, Roy has six potential wives he can marry though in FE6, though, Lilina is the one he can build an A-level support with the fastest.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Anyone have any suggestions for new 2D AT's? I thought Lakitu was really cool

Balloon Fighters as a bunch of 8-bit sprites flying around... when they land on an opponent's head, that opponent gets meteor smashed. They would be very dangerous on stages with many small platforms like... Hanenbow and Melee's Poke Floats, for example.

The Dragon from Game & Watch: Zelda... that's the boss of that game. I think the Dragon would fly around, breathing fire... it would produce a shower of fireballs as it fly around.

And... maybe something bizarre like Urban Champion who appears as a 8-bit sprite but in 3D! Yes, just like 3D Classics: Urban Champion! He would run around, punching opponents around... complete with stiff animation! :troll:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'll just leave it here then leave for a while.

Basically, it's a response to those who want more special moves and more final smash options. It's quite simple really. Oh and the smash meter is applied SINCE people are perfectly fine with it from how it looked before.
NEW SUGGESTION FOR SMASH 4

----------------------------------

Unique/Command attacks

Default input : X

Reason : It's stupid to have 2 buttons as the jump button plus we need more attacks for characters

Features:

- 4 new attacks (Neutral, Sideward, Upward and downward command/unique attack)
- Smash versions of the command or unique attacks

Examples:

LAY OUT = Normal : Smash version

[collapse=Mario]Neutral B - Fire ball : Fire shot (Just imagine Guile's Sonic Boom except it's on fire)

Forward B - Glide cape : Wing cap (Mario flies with that wing cap from SM64)

Downward B - Star spin : Fire spin (Mario Galaxy reference)

Upward B - Super jump punch : Higher super jump punch

Neutral X - Hammer throw : Triple hammer throw

Forward X - Boomerang (Compare it to Trish's round trip) : A more long lasting boomerang that tracks its nearest enemy

Downward X - Statue (Protected from attacks and grabs) : Statue shockwave? (The impact causes a small shockwave)

Upward X - High jump (Reference from SM64 where in you Hold Z then click A) + Higher jump

[collapse=Toad]Neutral B - Spore array (Similar to Wright's knife shots) : Round array (Similar to Doom's photon shot)

Hold B - Spore shot (Similar to Phoenix's TK shot) : Spore beam (A homing beam made out of spores)

Forward B - Toad rush (Similar to Fuerte's Hanabero dash) : Fast rush (Faster version)

Downward B - Mushroom (TOO LAZY TO EXPLAIN) : Mushroom (UGH)

Any direction while holding a mushroom + B - Mushroom bounce (Obvious stuff) : Mushroom bounce (Fully invincible)

Upward B - Propeller cap (Obvious stuff) : Super propeller cap (Goes higher)

Neutral X - Spore clouds (Get in it, you get damaged) : Bigger spore clouds (Bigger)

Forward X - Mushroom missile (A mushroom shot towards the enemy) : Mushroom missile (Now drops spore balls while travelling)

Downward X - Spinning mushrooms (Spins around Toad and disappears after 3 seconds) : Spinning mushrooms (Just more fast and powerful)

Downward X while mushrooms are spinning around you - Rushing spinning mushrooms (The mushrooms basically move forward and spin then fall somewhere eventually) : Rushing spinning mushrooms (Faster and stronger)

Upward X - Mushroom platform (Mushroom platform. 1 stage block tall) : Mushroom bouncy platform (Can bounce on it :) )

Additional fact : Toad's down B (Mushroom) can also be used with a command attack. I'm too lazy to tell what happens if you input a certain command.[/collapse]

----------------------------------

Final smash variations

Default input : To execute final smash - A/B/X + Up/Side/Down/None

Reason : I guess for more variety with Final smashes.

Features:

- 4 final smashes that can be used

Examples:

[collapse=Link]Neutral final smash - Triforce slash

Forward final smash - Sword beam raid

Downward final smash - (Can't think lol)

Upward final smash - Super spin attack[/collapse]
[collapse=Ridley]Neutral final smash - Space Pirate raid

Forward final smash - Deadly flames

Downward final smash - Meta Ridley

Upward final smash - CINEMATIC WALL GRINDING :D[/collapse]

Personal opinion: I'm actually FINE with 1 final smash. I had this suggestion of being able to break smash balls then earning one smash ball count. You can have up to 3 smash ball counts. 1 final smash = 1 smash ball count. Though, I think the damage needs to be nerfed then with the final smashes which is why I scrapped the idea.

---------------------------------

Thoughts?[/collapse]
If you're not fine with this idea then here's my best idea: "Fix the damn physics then we're good"

Everyone thought of this already and complained about it but it's my number 1 request for smash 4. Physics then unique roster then (Insert random suggestions here)
I'm a little lost on reading this to be honest.

Not everyone is going to need eight specials. Characters like Link and Samus may need more than four specials, but someone like Mario doesn't. I think it's better we take advantage of the other directions available that haven't been fully available to the roster.

For example, let's take advantage of the 3A and 9A inputs and create two different moves each from them(or variations in some cases) to create two new tilts and two new Smash attacks. Let's go a little further and include a close version of 6A. One close version for tilts (arguably your fastest attack) and one close version for Smashes. This would give every character six more ground normals to work with or a total of 13 different standing normals and five aerials.

Another thing that can be done is to include Smash specials as you suggested. Instead of these costing meter, though, these are more like light and heavy versions of the move. We already have this with Samus' missile so it wouldn't be something too shocking. And on a further note, not every special would have two versions. Sword Dance, for example, would not need two versions available so doing either input will give you the same attack.

D

Deleted member

nLiM8d said:
I disagree for several reasons, but tell me how you would view it to be broken.
Mario is known to be a well-rounded character that's pretty much a fighter intended for stats to be similar all across the corner. Giving him two major recovery moves for specials would put him in with a very strong aerial game, which it doesn't need.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Doubtful at best, this move would have strict emphasis on recovery.

Recovery has little to do with balance as it does options, by which Mario has very weak recovery options.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Tri-Hy, is there any reason that you felt compelled to mention that you can't agree more to what I'm saying? Wouldn't a simple nod have sufficed?

Just seems unnecessary (and somewhat strange as a form of conveyance).

Tell me some of the alterations you'd like to make.
Oh sorry, if what I said sounded weird. I just remember stating similar suggestions for a while now. That and I didn't have much time this morning to proof read what I posted.

So yes, I do agree.

Some basic ideas I had:

Mario:
D-Special - Star Spin
Taunt - FLUDD

Wario:
D-Air - Butt Stomp
D-Smash - Ground Pound (Shake It)
F-Throw - Bag shaking animation (Shake It)

Sonic:
F-Special - Super Peel Out (CD)/Boost Attack (Generations)
A more horizontal Homing Attack

Meta Knight:
FS - Mach Tornado (the version he uses in-game)

King Dedede:
FS - Masked Dedede

Yoshi:
Extra Flutter Jumps

Ness:
FS - PK Rocking

Ike:
N-Special - Sword Slash/Attacks using his Axe

Mewtwo:
Spoon :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike could - if we have customisation as we all expect it to be - throw a Tomahawk for one of his moves? Big strong slow projectile.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How about using the axe on certain attacks and his sword on others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom