• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Speaking of Project M and all that jazz, I would try it out (although I like regular Brawl), but I don't like having to hack my Wii. Still hoping for the best for it and that it improves.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I am very suspicious of Sakurai's calls for customization. It could be goofy stuff like adding funny hats or ribbons to the Smash characters, or it could be something like giving them different moves (of which could potentially make the roster much more limited).
Omg.... Totally dig custom clothing! Mewtwo, for example, could get his Armour.

If you could design your character in any way, I'd have this type of Victini:

If I could do this... I'd be forever known as Piper Victini :cool: I'd add shades, and the clothing would be a darker blue. Or the Skyrim Victini in my sig :troll:

@Xblis Facepalms 4 not buying SS? I'm not rich, bra...

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I don't know how many times I've mentioned that you don't have to hack your wii to play the hacks.

Thank the Computer scientists.

& Disfunk, good job my man, goin pro.

(I will say that it was annoying being called a scrub by someone that didn't even know me)

D

Deleted member

I don't know how many times I've mentioned that you don't have to hack your wii to play the hacks.

Thank the Computer scientists.

& Disfunk, good job my man, goin pro.

(I will say that it was annoying being called a scrub by someone that didn't even know me)
Wasn't aware of that. I guess I'll go on that site to see how it works and if it's available yet.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
It will come at the small inconvenience of owning a 2GB (max) SD card.

Contact me if you have any questions, I got the hook up yo.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Asage:50 isn't that much, if it was hitting like 200 maybe I'd sympathize.

@SSBF: Homebrew only voids your wii if you get caught LOL, you could always delete it like every other channel if somethnig comes up and you need your wii warranty (if those things are still around any mroe)

D

Deleted member

It will come at the small inconvenience of owning a 2GB (max) SD card.

Contact me if you have any questions, I got the hook up yo.
I have a SanDisk card for the Wii (it mentions Wii on it). Is that type going to work? It's 2 GB.

@xIblisx: My Wii has been out for nearly five years, so it has no warranty.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I don't know any other way :smirk: Well it works for me I guess because I've never had to rely on Nintendo support tech for me anyways, so warranty isn't a thing to me.

LOL though, Nintendo has sent out those last three Wii updates as weedhackers to Homebrew though, trying to rid it in a subliminal way, while everyone else that's unaware thinks Nintendo is actually updating the wii.

Oh do you plan on giving him texture and music hacks too N? or changes, lol idk how else to word it instead of hacks.

@SSBF: Well from my experience from dabbling hacks, changes, remixes, XD whatever they call it now, Nintendo absolutely hates any form of change in their game. Even though it's considered our property.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I love Project Melee, but play Brawl the way it is. It's alot safer. JUST Saying....

I can't sleep! I hate these kinda-o-nights -_- Well, might as well get stuff done... Like asking ya'll how I should record SSBB matches. I don't think my DVD records.

D

Deleted member

xIblisx said:
LOL though, Nintendo has sent out those last three Wii updates as weedhackers to Homebrew though, trying to rid it in a subliminal way, while everyone else that's unaware thinks Nintendo is actually updating the wii.
...and these did absolutely nothing.

Couldn't they at least try to update the Wii (or does it appear that they have given up)?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Asage: How is it safer? The way it's dangerous is if you act dumb and update your wii without actually knowing what the update actually does.

No one I know that has the same soft homebrew stuff I have (which happens to be more than 400 people since Apex and other tourneys have had that) don't have bricked or fugitive wiis (LOL), if that makes sense.

@SSBF: There is really no point to there updates well the last three at least, once they figured out that we figured out how to exploit it through their loading in their games they send because of non tight coding, it seems they have given up. None of these recent updates do a damn thing other than attack people who do what they want with their property. It's like having your house repossesed because you painted it a different color.

It would be a different story if we were pirating though. That's not the case though.

P.S. We've found a way to de-update the wii anyways...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Why are we talking about Homebrew Channel and hacking Brawl? :laugh:

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@Asage: How is it safer? The way it's dangerous is if you act dumb and update your wii without actually knowing what the update actually does.
Idk, I just don't think it's good to hack/SD control your Wii. I should of said, "If you were me" XD

BTW... What's with the salt above, in your holy god's large comment? (I'm not a meme person, if that's what it is).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Blahblahblah hacks.

MOVESETS, we should talk about them. Has anyone ever made a roster, and had a B moveset for every newcomer? I think that would be a FUN GAME to play.

Also, I think I'm going to post a REVAMP roster.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, I believe they can still check for any signs of unapproved third party content even WITH the SD Card method. But eh.

Anyway, I did post the moveset. With zero replies(that I can tell of.) Did anybody actually reply earlier? I may have had them on ignore, sooo...

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
BTW... What's with the salt above, in your holy god's large comment? (I'm not a meme person, if that's what it is).
It's a competitive gamer meme/term.

Blahblahblah hacks.

MOVESETS, we should talk about them. Has anyone ever made a roster, and had a B moveset for every newcomer? I think that would be a FUN GAME to play.

Also, I think I'm going to post a REVAMP roster.
Combinations? Maybe this time I'll actually enjoy reading rosters or I might post one myself. Even though I was quite content with my 96% roster. :smirk:

If you got the roster, I got the revamping. Robin and Cyborg style

@HF: Those checks were called wii updates and those as recently seen, failed. Oh and if you could post those movesets, I probably missed them over all the Mainstream character World War III stuff.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well, I believe they can still check for any signs of unapproved third party content even WITH the SD Card method. But eh.

Anyway, I did post the moveset. With zero replies(that I can tell of.) Did anybody actually reply earlier? I may have had them on ignore, sooo...
Sorry, I had to leave for a sec.

I like many of the moves you came up for him, I'm not sure though that Homing Attack should be his recovery move.

His F-Special does remind me of the Super Peel Out attack from Sonic CD, which I would like to see happen.

I also like his taunts. I'd take those any day before hearing that I'm too slow again. The finger wag is a must.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Iblis: Not what I meant. I mean that if you take in your Wii, they can physically check it and not only remove the stuff, but make it unplayable if you put any unapproved third party content on it. As in, hacks. I know their updates fail. But them manually checking the system? Not such a failure.

BTW, anybody can point out to me if somebody replied to my Sonic moveset. I'll take that person off of Ignore and discuss it. :)

@Try-Hyphen: Thanks. My biggest problem with the Homing Attack is that it prevents it from being spammed unlike in Brawl. This limits it. Admittably, outside of the Forward B and Down B in Brawl, I thought the B moves were not too bad. Although Super Sonic was meh to me.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Doopliss said:
Hey Slick, hackin' breaks games. You're breaking people JUST LIKE ME. That's why I don't hack(unless I'm frustrated).
:awesome:
Shrutil said:
Wow, are we messing with YOUR head. Ha. I find this funny for some reason. :kirby:
:troll:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
BTW, anybody can point out to me if somebody replied to my Sonic moveset. I'll take that person off of Ignore and discuss it. :)
@HF:. Oh and if you could post those movesets, I probably missed them over all the Mainstream character World War III stuff.
@Iblis: Not what I meant. I mean that if you take in your Wii, they can physically check it and not only remove the stuff, but make it unplayable if you put any unapproved third party content on it. As in, hacks. I know their updates fail. But them manually checking the system? Not such a failure.
That does bring up an interesting question of, does your wii delete everything or leave ghost files like a cpu. If it's former I doubt manual checking will do any good either.

@Poppy: Do you really enjoy E-Cosplaying or something? LOL

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
That does bring up an interesting question of, does your wii delete everything or leave ghost files like a cpu. If it's former I doubt manual checking will do any good either.

@Poppy: Do you really enjoy E-Cosplaying or something? LOL
Maybe. :awesome:
Sometimes, it can be pretty damn funny. Like e-cosplaying as Doopliss. I get to start every sentence with "Hey, Slick." It's fun. :awesome:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@HF: I see your point, spamming it is annoying. And here I've been wanting it to be more horizontal when used like in his games rather than at an angle. lol

Have you played Generations yet? I believe he gained a sort of boost move and the ability to slide. Also Colors could be looked at for Wisp powers.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Try: TBH, I don't think a Wisp power up is needed. It was a one game thing (minus the generations reference, hmmm...maybe that does make it more significant). I think Peel Out was a better choice or even better ring dash.

I just don't see Colors holding that iconic appeal that CD or Adventure series had. Then again that is Imo

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
FanMan, you should be perfect. Wii SD should work with same proportions as a standard SD, its only a marketing ploy.

I'm not sure like the manner of condescending nature you have goin on Blissy.

I've replaced costumes, music, textures, and even stages, I know your ghetto types. I told you before, you're not my only inexperienced younger brother!

Did I say textures and stage textures were different? Read again.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
FB please, maybe an explanation would be in order N.

Ghetto?? Says the person who says textures and stage textures are different :smirk:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ring Dash? Which game is that from? I can't remember.

Still the more options the better. Wisps as items?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@HF: I see your point, spamming it is annoying. And here I've been wanting it to be more horizontal when used like in his games rather than at an angle. lol

Have you played Generations yet? I believe he gained a sort of boost move and the ability to slide. Also Colors could be looked at for Wisp powers.
Actually, mine was based upon games before Colors even existed. The last one was Sonic and the Secret Rings, with, I believe, all the main handhelds up to Sonic Rush Adventure. So I based it upon more classic than anything.

Anyway, I have not yet. I do plan to. After I beat the DS version of Colors. Keep in mind this is a moveset meant for Brawl, not SSB4. I'm mostly trying to avoid pure gimmicks with the moves, hence only using a very small list of old powers. Fire Shield, Electric Shield, and Water Shield were all noted.(Bounce Attack originated from the Water Shield, after all. Same with Flame Shield for the Flame Ring. Electric Shield, however, returned.)

Pretty sure it originated from Sonic Adventure.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@HF: Oh okay. I haven't played Sonic 3 and Knuckles all that much to know about the different shields.

Either way Sonic needs some major changes for SSB4.

It's night time here. Later.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

Still the more options the better. Wisps as items?
Now Wisps as items? That's sounds amazing! Strangely enough it fits in the Nintendo world.

Ring Dash is from Sonic Adventure 1&2, Hereos, and I think that's it before Gen. (or I stopped paying attention until then)

Gnight Try.

Actually, mine was based upon games before Colors even existed. The last one was Sonic and the Secret Rings, with, I believe, all the main handhelds up to Sonic Rush Adventure. So I based it upon more classic than anything.

Anyway, I have not yet. I do plan to. After I beat the DS version of Colors. Keep in mind this is a moveset meant for Brawl, not SSB4. I'm mostly trying to avoid pure gimmicks with the moves, hence only using a very small list of old powers. Fire Shield, Electric Shield, and Water Shield were all noted.(Bounce Attack originated from the Water Shield, after all. Same with Flame Shield for the Flame Ring. Electric Shield, however, returned.)
Hmmm Shield abilities from Sonic sound like a good item choice too....man these are some tough things for me to think about.

Give me a minute. I'll pull something together.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sounds good, Iblis Trigger. I do think we could have some interesting Sonic items. Maybe the basic Shield?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Speaking of Project M and all that jazz, I would try it out (although I like regular Brawl), but I don't like having to hack my Wii. Still hoping for the best for it and that it improves.
You don't have to hack it. There's an exploit via the stage builder that lets you mod Brawl without hacking the Wii.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You don't have to hack it. There's an exploit via the stage builder that lets you mod Brawl without hacking the Wii.
Heh.

Sounds good, Iblis Trigger. I do think we could have some interesting Sonic items. Maybe the basic Shield?
It seems either go with classic S&K3 shield options or Sonic Colors Wisps...now that I think about it Wisps are just advanced rehashes of S&K3's shields in way...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Weird question, I was wondering, if Rare was still owned by Nintendo, do you think he Banjo & Kazooie would have made it into Smash?

I also think that the play on being able to wiftly switch from Banjo to Kazooie (Like in the first two BK games) would have brought an interesting style. I mean, the moveset writes itself.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I think it would be in the high likely realm of possibility.

@HF: DAMN MAN, now that I think about it Sega has been doing some sneaky rehashes...*sigh* I won't let it ruin my childhood though

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It's past midnight here. I'm gonna go.

Splicer(Yellow Kirby) said:
Man... Where did those two go...? *kicks Doopliss, who is once again unconscious on the floor* Stupid Jet Shoes and supersonic flight... Gawsh. I gotta WALK home...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Iblis: Sega's not being obvious like Nintendo is. In fact, I don't think it's a bad idea, if the game is good. Although I think they should try to build off of Shadow The Hedgehog(Game) and below instead. I thought that was a pretty good peak when it came to 3D. Sonic 2006 was almost there, except the Sonic section, or the forced scrolling anyway. I think it could be remade with the Mach Speed severely toned down(should be no faster than the Snowboarding section in the same game)

And yeah, a lot of items are rehashed throughout series anyway. How many times as the Raccoon Suit been revamped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom