• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
One problem with Bowser is that he has very few counter or even defensive moves. Most of his attacks rely on brute force; however, very few do him any good in protecting himself from combos and whatnot. That's probably why most characters are able to surpass his powers by attacking his large figure when he has little to use to strike back at them (especially if they attack from behind).

He has quite a few speedy moves; however, I think Bowser needs some better defences in order to make himself better in the next Smash Bros.. Poor guy, he's been in the lower tiers for too long. Hopefully, SSB4 fixes this. Mario also needs to get a slight buff in SSB4. He seems to have become "less balanced" in the newer Smash games (or was it FLUDD?).

D

Deleted member

A style with accidental fighting would be nice to see, if implemented correctly and Tom Nook or an Animal Crosser seems a good fit for it.
Propeller Toad said:
He seems to have become "less balanced" in the newer Smash games (or was it FLUDD?).
I'd say that has a small part. FLUDD was pretty useless and needs to be taken out unless they want to add some damage to it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Keeping Bowser slow is obviously the first priority. Improving his defense would also have to be considered. Maybe make it so that his shield can resist more attacks than normal.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
One problem with Bowser is that he has very few counter or even defensive moves. Most of his attacks rely on brute force; however, very few do him any good in protecting himself from combos and whatnot. That's probably why most characters are able to surpass his powers by attacking his large figure when he has little to use to strike back at them (especially if they attack from behind).

He has quite a few speedy moves; however, I think Bowser needs some better defences in order to make himself better in the next Smash Bros.. Poor guy, he's been in the lower tiers for too long. Hopefully, SSB4 fixes this. Mario also needs to get a slight buff in SSB4. He seems to have become "less balanced" in the newer Smash games (or was it FLUDD?).
Bowser wants to be a tank, but is not a tank. He needs stun resistance on weak attacks and super armor in more instances. His shell should provide some defense. He should gain stun resistance and knockback resistance (like Snake's Up B) when running. This way he has two ways of approaching: running and jumping/crawling backwards.

Also, he needs to be heavier. Stun resistance and knockback resistance would provide him some combo immunity on light attacks (he should be able to run through Falco's lasers on a charge). Keep his large model, however.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think it would be COOL if they used Bowser's shell as a sort of sheild. Like, weaker attacks hurt him, but don't affect him. So, if you're playing him backwards, you can chase down an opponent, or use shell based moves that may take a while, with a little more ease. I mean, a lot of Bowser's moves are RISKY. If you can take away some of the risk factor, that would be nice.

On a side note, I think Junior woud be an interesting spin on the Bowseresque playstyle.

B Fireball - Junior spits a chargable fireball. The longer you charge, the more fireballs he shoots out at once. (Think of a a fully charged fireball being a sort of FLURRY of fireballs) Take that Toad. Such a hater.

^B Clown Car - Junior rides his clown car, get over it haters.

VB Shell Shot - Think of a mix between Bowser's Up B, and squirtles shell move. It moves further, and fast like squirtle's shell move, but it's much weaker than his dad's whirrling castle. Haters getting weak.

>B Paint Strike - Think Marth's sword dancey move, but junior slicing it up with his paintbrush. Wow, Junior borrowing moves from Marth, the innovation is scaring the haters.

I'd say that has a small part. FLUDD was pretty useless and needs to be taken out unless they want to add some damage to it.
I think fludd would be cool if it could be used to stop people from recovering. YA know, right as they get close to the edge, SPRAY THEM AWAY

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
I think fludd would be cool if it could be used to stop people from recovering. YA know, right as they get close to the edge, SPRAY THEM AWAY
It would have been better if they gave Mario the Rocket Nozzle version of FLUDD instead for his recovery. A better recovery might have helped him to some extent.

However, the problem is that his current recovery move is much more iconic to his series. His down B for FLUDD should be buffed as you suggested Shortie (though I doubt FLUDD will be returning this time).

Also nice avatar Poppy. Quite an interesting scene you have there.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here is a challenge. What role would you give K. Rool (as a heavy weight) in Smash? You don't need to make moves right away, but an idea on how he would perform and identify himself would be nice.
I pictured K. Rool being a brute force type of fighter. His attacks would be very strong, but his attack speed would be very slow. He would also be one of the slowest characters in the game, if not the slowest.

K. Rool would also be super heavy, to the point where his weight surpasses Bowser's. This does mean, however, that he'd be a bigger target than Bowser, and this also results in him getting comboed easily.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It would have been better if they gave Mario the Rocket Nozzle version of FLUDD instead for his recovery. A better recovery might have helped him to some extent.

However, the problem is that his current recovery move is much more iconic to his series...

Also nice avatar Poppy. Quite an interesting scene you have there.
Thank you. It's just a random idea I thought of recently; my fan characters beating up Doopliss because I hate that freak-in-a-sheet! :laugh:

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
I just realized how everyone gets so off topic on this thread LOL ( this is not meant to be offensive)

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes that makes it great ( :awesome: ), sometimes not so much ( :crazy: ).
I know. Most of the time the off topic conversations are hatred from one person to another. Its nice to see off topic conversations that aren't full of people arguing. ( unless its a peaceful argue.)

@metal overlord: Nice to see you too, i havent been on in a while due to school and my brawl disc being unable to be read.

ANYWAYS, Back to topic, may someone please fill me in of what we are discussing at the moment?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I found this old post from myself when everyone was predicting characters from Brawl.

Apparently I did not like this choice and opted for Kaptain K. Rool only.

OLD POST: K. Rool does kinda suck as a villian, but he would make an interesting character in Brawl. Besides all the main villians of the selectable heros should be included. The team could make K. Rool a unique fighter, but if they do decide to add him in, they should put in Kaptain K. Rool instead of the King version. He looks cool in his pirate outfit and he has a massive musket.

The Kaptain would be around the same weight as D.K, maybe slightly heavier. He should be at least average for funning speed, perhaps even above average. His jumps should be short and he would have medium range. He would hold his musket in one hand and have a pouch of cannon balls hanging off one of his hips.

A,A: a single punch followed through with a bite at the end (knockback only at mid-percent range)
Toward A: a swing with his musket
Smash A: He unstraps his bag of balls.. er cannonballs and slaps the enemy with it in one smooth motion
Up A: he leans up on his tiptoes and twirls around as he delivers an uppercut
Smash Up A: He twirls his mucket around like a baton which hits multiple times before flinging the enemy away
Down A: He crouches down on one knee and swings his musket with both hands over his head and onto to the enemy
Smash down A: He does the worm toward the oppenent (a dance move where he leaps in the air, parallel to the ground and lands on his chest/ if A is pressed when his chest hits the ground he will bounce off the floor into another worm that moves him in the direction he is facing(could only be done once)

B: He puts a cannon into his musket
Up B: If K Rool has no cannonball in his musket he simply jumps straight up like a crocodile leaping out of water, with his mouth open and tail propelling him. He bites when he collides with anyone sending them upwards
Up B with cannonball: K Rool leaps a little in the air and shoots a cannon downwards launching him very high in the air and causing a small explosion on the ground when the cnanon hits.
Toward B: If K Rool has no cannon in his musket he will slide on his belly as he constantly snaps his mouth (only works on the ground)
Toward B with Cannonball: K. Rool will shoot a cannonball forwards, launching him back a good distance. The cannonball goes fast and does about 14 damage. If it hits someone it richocets in a random direction able to hit anyone else for an additional 12 percent. There is little knockback and little stun to the hit.
Down B: He takes out a cannonball from his bag and rolls it along the ground very quickly.

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
Poor heavy weights always victims to "combos"....
I think we could give them at least a fighting chance by making them actually not take hit stuns from small hits like jabs, and maybe have a weird chance of randomly not taking hit stun it they are getting hit too much.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Project M input may seem good at first, but it probably would end up making Bowser the new Meta Knight, which is not a good thought.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Night, Metal Overlord.

Seriously, no interest in my Sonic moveset? (note, if I have you on ignore and you asked for it, I apologize for not answering).

D

Deleted member

I just thought of a solution for the Kaptain K. Rool hat issue.

Make the hurt box the same as the King K. Rool version. The pirate hat can be re-sized properly if need be.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Seriously, no interest in my Sonic moveset? (note, if I have you on ignore and you asked for it, I apologize for not answering).
Just go a head and post it, you don't need to ask. ;)

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
The Project M input may seem good at first, but it probably would end up making Bowser the new Meta Knight, which is not a good thought.
But Project M is making everyone is getting better so don't just think that only bowser is getting better but others too ex: Peach, Lucario, jigglypuff etc.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not if everyone else is really good. The thing with Brawl is that the majority of the characters are just kind of underwhelming. So of course this Project M Bowser is going to look OP.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am very suspicious of Sakurai's calls for customization. It could be goofy stuff like adding funny hats or ribbons to the Smash characters, or it could be something like giving them different moves (of which could potentially make the roster much more limited).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just go a head and post it, you don't need to ask. ;)
I don't do things unless people aren't interested. That, and my movesets have been skipped over multiple times. Eh.

Sonic Moves

A: Punch(a very basic forward punch)
AA: Kick(same as the punch, but a little bit more sideways)
AAA: Top Kick(he puts his hand on the ground, and kicks forward, much like a strong soccer kick)
Forward A: Over Punch(he swings his fist in a similar fashion to a spinning side kick)
Up A: Ring Toss(he tosses a ring slightly upward, dealing a small ammount of damage with decent knockback)
Down A: Sonic Spin(he simply spins on the ground, dealing a slight ammount of damage. Constant pushing of the move makes is somewhat stronger, with a bit more knockback. He doesn't move anywhere, though)
Smash A: Flare Kick(using his hand, he does a spin kick arching forward that circles around the ground. He then lands backwards. While the afterlag is bad, the attack is quite strong with decent enough knockback)
Smash Up A: Up Draft(pretty much the same as Fox's Up Smash)
Smash Down A: Windmill(quite similar to DK's Smash Down A from the 64 version. Only his feet spin, though, looks stupid, of course)
Dash A: Slide Kick(he slides forward with a kick, fairly similar to Mario's dash, but he looks a bit different)
B: Wave Fire(more or less a Falcon Kick, but as a projectile. He jumps backwards when he's done, much like when Falcon hits against a wall. It works the same way for the Air version)
Forward B: Ring Dash(same as Fox's forward b, but shorter)
Up B: Homing Attack(he does a high arch spin in the air. If a character is there, it targets them instead, as he will an item. If it hits a character, he can do it again, but only in the same direction, thus making it less broken)
Air Down B: Bounce Attack(much like how DK can't use down b in the air, it works the same way on the ground. He bounces straight downward, but can jump out of it if he has a jump left. It doesn't provide infinite jumps of course)
Ground Down B: Spin Dash(Same as Brawl's)
Air Neutral A: Kick(a basic diagonal kick with little damage)
Air Forward A: Fire Shield(he moves forward while on fire, which doesn't go far, but makes him immune to pure fire attacks(as Flare Blade would not be blocked, as its both Fire and a Sword being used))
Air Up A: Electric Shield(he jumps up slightly with an electric shock, and becomes immune to pure electric techniques)
Air Back A: Shield(a small blue shield appears over him as he spins. It does little damage, but can clash with other attacks fairly easily)
Air Down A: Eagle(a weak spike that is hard to hit, but has decent power. Weak in damage, but not in knockback)
Z: Grab(as Magic Glove sounds nice, it seems a bit too strong as we all know that it has extremely huge range. Thus, this doesn't crappify the technique's expectations)
Z + A: Fire Punch(he punches his victim with a bit of fire on his hand)
Z Forward: Spin Fire(he spins into them, and sends 'em flying, fairly similar to Wave Fire)
Z Up: The Ringer(he slams a ring into them, throwing 'em upward, but not very far)
Z Back: Spine(he throws his spines into the opponent, making them inch back. Good damage with very little knockback)
Z Down: Foot Stomp(originally from Sonic The Fighters, he stomps their foot, immobilizing them for a 2 seconds of gametime. However, Sonic has a bit of afterlag to even it out)
Super Move: Ancient Light(he hits all charactes and items one time for about 10% damage)
Taunt: Finger shake(he shakes his finger as the screen)
Win Taunt 1: "That was cool!"(he shouts this out as the screen as he waits in his SA2 stage finish, complete with the original music from the games)
Win Taunt 2: Yaah!(he does a ton of spins and homing attack as a homage to his Team Blast from Sonic Heroes)
Win Taunt 3: "Nice try, Eggman!"(basically says this while looking at the screen...okay, worst one, I know)

Now for his stats.
Jump: 4
Speed: 5
Power: 3
Defense: 4

Colors:
Blue: His base color, with white gloves and red shoes.
Red: Secondary color, with white gloves and yellow shoes.
Yellow: Tails style, being light yellow, but both white gloves and shoes.
Black: Shadow coloring, with red gloves and yellow shoes.
White: Possibly based off of the new StH2006 character(black gloves and shoes with white coloring)
Green: Gamma type, but nothing special. Yellow gloves and black shoes even it out.

BTW, it's based upon Sonic The Fighters, Sonic Battle, and other various games.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I often catch typos later. Probably don't need to point them out unless they completely change my argument. Like "Do" or "Don't", etc.

Thanks, anyway. :)

D

Deleted member

@Mario_and_Sonic_Guy: Disregard my last post. I wasn't reading.

@Shortiecanbrawl: *High five for liking Mii's*

For the first few months, I created a Mii or two every day.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Not if everyone else is really good. The thing with Brawl is that the majority of the characters are just kind of underwhelming. So of course this Project M Bowser is going to look OP.
You do have a point there. I just never utilized any moveset hacks before; I can't do moveset hacks at all anyway.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Project M is really doing a great job, and seeing Bowser in such a tougher perspective makes me feel happy. Characters such as Bowser and Ganondorf need to be intimidating in Smash Bros.; unfortunately, they are often considered to be the weaker ones while people fear for thsoe like Meta Knight instead (due to improper balancing rather than character perspective).

That Bowser shield/armor idea looks great, and would help Bowser quite a lot. That would really help in Falco match ups especially. On a somewhat unrelated note, I personally think Bowser's final smash should also be more buffed (if it returns). Yes, Giga Bowser is powerful; however, the fact that he also takes damage after the transformation makes it seem as though Sakurai wanted to make him a joke...

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Time to play catch up.

Doesn't Capcom want to stick a character in Smash? :troll:
Snake's creator also wanted Snake in Smash. :troll:
Sonic is popular. :troll:
What more do you need? :troll:

:phone:
Sakurai's consent :smirk:

Perhaps, and he might for the reason Oasis said.

On Paper Mario, I would like to see a stage from that game that is the stage you battle on with crazy effects.
I would like to see this as well.

I swear to God I am gonna rage if this new rumor about Microsoft's new system is true

You might as well start raging? High likely it's true. Don't hurt yourself.

Hey, you'd main Leon if he was a playable character. I just know it! :troll: Then you could officially say "Stupid Bird, I'm the great Leon Oasis!":troll:

It's not actually true (I don' think), but still, no. There are much better options besides HIM.

Hmm... Nope, I don't see SSB4 in there :troll:

Why doesn't Link just cut off his tougne... Wouldn't that make you happy sense? :troll:

SSBB: When Leon became gay for you.... Nope, not catching on. I see Leon like Miror B from PKMN XD.
You guys sure like talking about people being gay or implying gay senarios into everything recently, is something being hidden from me?

I'm still thinking lesbians4Smash is a good idea. Heather.
This needs to be more elaborated on and should definitely happen.

Oh, pipe down, your just a mirage :awesome:

But seriously, who's Groose? Is he from SS?

furries4Smash
****4Smash
lolis4Smash
lesbians4Smash
groose4Smash

Am I missing any?
CircleArguments4Smash

Squidward Sword? So in on this.

LOOOOOL

I

Of course, he could just pull a "I'm sorry, but I can't answer that question at this time."
Sakurai does do that a lot doesn't he? LOL

Didn't Star already do that stage concept?
Yeah, these new people don't know about that though. Hehe :awesome:

I wouldn't mind third-party characters being removed entirely. If we still keep them--Which we almost definitely will--There won't be more than three total. That's how I see it, anyways. Snake, Sonic, and Zero just to troll Mega Man fans.
Zero needs to have a megaman color change too. :smirk:

Rush would be better than Zero.
Who? No.

WAIT A SECOND.
Megaman not in MvC3=Leway for Sm4sh?
Maybe Capcom didn't want him to be in too many fighting games in a row, so they denied him in MvC3 because he's been secretly confirmed for Sm4sh.

YES. THERE IS NO DENYING IT. MY THEORY IS THE STRONGEST! :awesome:

Has been brought up many times before. Old theory is old.

Some have said the support for Mega Man is no where near where Sonic's was pre-Brawl, and that's surely true, but after the first trailer, isn't it just going to skyrocket?

Which is ANNOYING since NINTENDO CHARACTERS aren't the ones being REQUESTED THE MOST. C'MON NOW. RIDLEY? K. ROOL? THE MAC MAN?
Hahaha, 3rd party fan boys are repping pretty hard now a days and 1st party fans are being converted is what it seems like.

One thing that need to return is Language Options. In other words, being able to switch to Japanese voices.
And re-add Hiragana and Katakana.

While not entirely necessary, having language settings could still be implemented, but certain regions would only get certain languages.

NTSC-U: English, French, Spanish
NTSC-J: Japanese
PAL: Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Not just make all those languages options for all the region releases?

Forget Coin Lottery, let's have Smash Pinball
Smash Solitare obv.

Make it similar to Pokemon Pinball, and yes. :cool:

How might Street Pass work?
Street Pass, maybe it should work as a quick exchange of custom stages (doesn't this belong in the 3DS THREAD?) or possibly a pre-set stock match against said player until the game is played out or connection is lost.

People could WAGER their trophies and coins, then you'd have to fight their AI controlled customized character. If you lose, you lose your trophy, but if you win, you gain theirs?

I'UNNO. Would sort of kind be neat scrolling through all the BETS you collect as you're walking around.
Sounds fun, also like gambling though. Hahaha too bad most likely the AI will be bunz

*Sigh* My god...

1). Showing an example of how your idea would work is a type of speculation.
2). Call me a noob again, and I will report you. That's totally rude.
3). Yeah, people would complain about no customs on WiFi Random, but a game is NEVER perfect. No game has ever been.
:salt::salt::salt::salt::salt:

Lol @ a noob calling Disfunk a newcomer.
OH SHI-

I think this whole character creation and Mii discussion is stupid.
I don't care about it from a balance point or anything like it. I don't think such a thing belongs in a crossover game. Things like custom cosmetics and colors are fine by me, but this is both excessive and a waste of resources. I would rather be playing a character made for the game than make a custom one.
@Italics: Not the first time something has be...nevermind LOL

Either way I agree, if you really, really, reaaaallllllly, want that, take it to the 3DS. It makes more sense there IMO.

KK, I'm bored of this so this'll be my last response.
1) You're talking to people you don't know and will likely and will likely never know, you shouldn't care less about what they think of you.
2) Respect is earned and you haven't earned it and you probably won't at this point.
3) I tend to joke around with people I like, sorry for thinking you weren't completely annoying.
4) No respect and and not minding someone aren't the same do don't try to say I contradicted myself with 2 & 3.
5) When you give me a pro tip it implies you are experienced like a pro, which means it also implies I am inexperienced. Inexperience is synonomous with being a noob. Call me a noob again and I will report you.
6) Pro tip- If you don't act like a noob, people will tend to like you more.

The report button is at the bottom right corner and the ignore list is in your user cp.

So I can make sure this post is on topic, you guys know what we haven't done Ina while? Brain storm possible event matches. Melee's were definitely better than brawl's and I hope sakurai realizes that going into smash4

OH **** DISK GOING IN, *****S NEED TO GET HYPE

@Italics: This is where I start to smh hella hard because I just tried changing the brainstroming to event matches a couple pages back and the only type of response was from Yani. Smh my Smash 4 community, Smh on the other hand...good luck LOL

Not sure if this means anything to you, but the fellas and I were talking and it seems like you're really coming around.

There aren't many ideas going around here that I respect, thus I'm glad that you will be holding it down.
This, keep it real Shortie.

I want Bowser to be GOOD. How did they make TAGER usable in BBCS II?

I LOVE playing as Bowser, but 10 rounds against Falco in Melee isn't exactly fun.
Bowser would need some fundemental changes to stand a chance, it's not the engine changes that are messing with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom