• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@Metal : Isn't he usually tongue and cheek anyway?

But yeah, for Miis, which I see as inevitable, like it or not, I'd rather see a set moveset with, perhaps, only one Mii assigned per name, I guess. Maybe give them different stats or effects based on height and weight.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Kay, I can do that. If there's any more info about your Avatar, PM me about it.

Yeah, I might as well say this now: I've played Paper Mario for an hour and snapped the game in half. I think it's an awful game.
I think I can do it myself. I've already made two fan characters, and the other is easy to make. I can also get a more appropriate sprite of Doopliss for this off of Spriters' Resource. Hmmm...

:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If it doesn't pertain to you, you usually* put it down. *shrugs* No offense, just that you do.
Usually, that would be the case, but if we're talking about something that would require extensive testing and design like this, I want nothing of it. As post-release DLC, I'd be ok with this, but after what happened with Brawl and its development priorities, I want everything to be focused on the gameplay because that's what matters the most.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
*Sigh* My god...

1). Showing an example of how your idea would work is a type of speculation.
2). Call me a noob again, and I will report you. That's totally rude.
3). Yeah, people would complain about no customs on WiFi Random, but a game is NEVER perfect. No game has ever been.
LOL
why you mad yo?
1)you said you'd work on it like it would make difference what actually happens. I just called you out on that. Never said you couldnt speculate, in fact after I made that comment I said my favorite choice that has been speculated this far.
2) I've called a handful of people in this thread a noob and you are the only one sensitive enough to take offense. But if it means that much to you I'm sorry you got your little feelings hurt and that you care enough to take a word so I overused at this point that it isn't even offensive anymore over the Internet personally.
3) After failing hard at brawl's online they would want to make sure the online is as pleasing to as many people as possible this time around, so that it isn't filled with noob taunt parties. No wait my bad, kind inexpericed fighters who spam but in a warm fuzzy way.
I think Dysfunctional was more or less tongue-in-cheek when he said "noob", asage
@Metal : Isn't he usually tongue and cheek anyway?
I could understand if everyone thought I was serious but obviously I have a reputation of not being serious.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@ Kuma: I'm just wondering, are you against the idea of the Mii in general, or just the fully-customizable-character-that-might-be-the-Mii?

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
A character create mode and a option to play as your Mii's would be a nice little novelty that would wear off in about 5 minutes. Above everything else one thing I want improved is the online mode.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Miis: I've already stated my views on the matter. Sakurai shot them down once, I believe he'll do it again.

@Custom Characters: Just have it as a separate mode. Overall I'm not really interested in it, I'd just prefer the ability to use stickers in a match, like H&Hs mode.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I my self,Would like to see a customizable-character-mode.I'm sure they could work on the balance it may tack time..But its all ways nice to see something like that...I don't mind the Miis,If they could work on there looks they could work.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@ Kuma: I'm just wondering, are you against the idea of the Mii in general, or just the fully-customizable-character-that-might-be-the-Mii?
Both. As I said, I don't think they should be playable characters in any way at all. It's funny how people are pushing for Miis yet the moment Tom Nook is suggested it turns into the Disney scene from Family Guy.

@---
I would a H&H type mode as well. In the case, you can just toss balance out the window.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The one thing I think we need to think about, though, is the fact that at the time of Brawl's development, Miis weren't really huge yet. IIRC, wasn't the roster finalized in late 2005? Since then, Miis grew much more popular, being in close to all multiplayer Nintendo games since. Maybe now that they're so iconic and are now on two, and later three, systems, Sakurai will have the incentive to change his mind? Just my thoughts on the matter...

@ Kuma: Now, I don't know a ton about Animal Crossing, but wouldn't the first character to add be the Animal Crosser due to being the main character either way?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
K.K. Slider is the best animal crossing character IMO but he wouldn't make a good playable rep. I can see him as an AT sorta like Barbara.

@above
That's resetti

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Mii's are in like EVERY Mario spinoff game, anyway (including another crossover series, Mario and Sonic), so Sora will probably follow suit with Smash

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sakurai never mentioned popularity when he shot them down, he thought they wouldn't be a good fit for the Smash series. That's something completely unrelated.

And with people, for some reason, already shooting them down, I think he won't even make an effort to include them when it would be easier to have them on a stage.

@Kuma: Agreed. Something like that would make a great optional mode, heck the technology was already in Brawl (SSE). This would be the next step to take IMO, especially due to the complaints about collecting stickers.

@Oasis: Who smells worse now?: Tom Nook or Ness? :smirk:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@ Kuma: Now, I don't know a ton about Animal Crossing, but wouldn't the first character to add be the Animal Crosser due to being the main character either way?
Not quite. Tron Bonne, Zero, and Roll(TvC) have appeared in VS. titles without their
respective Megamans showing up along side them. Sure, this is a Capcom example, but it does show it's a possibility.

And no, I don't think being the main character would put him or her in top pickings. The primary problem with the Villager is that it has no set design or gender. Aside from clothes, you have to take into account the different eye shapes and hair styles. Tom Nook has neither of these issues and would be the perfect representative (if we want to use this term). I mean, the AC logo is Tom Nook's logo.

One more thing. I wanna say that YOU are the main character in Sim City yet Dr. Wright shows up as an Assist Trophy. Anything's possible really.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Change color, change eyes and hair. Six male, Six female.

Simple, really.

But neither are happening, so says Sakurai, so oh well.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Huh, I forgot about Dr. Wright.

But yes, I do see your point. I need to ask though, what are some of Nook's abilities? I've never played an Animal Crossing game. Haha

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
He has the ability to over charge you and force house upgrades on you >_>

Kuma's moveset consisted of mainly your character's actions and abilities

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mii's are in like EVERY Mario spinoff game, anyway (including another crossover series, Mario and Sonic), so Sora will probably follow suit with Smash
Like how they added Daisy, Waluigi, Toad and Bowser Jr. in Brawl?

Miis are just a terrible idea.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

But yes, I do see your point. I need to ask though, what are some of Nook's abilities? I've never played an Animal Crossing game. Haha
Selling you stuff. Upgrading your house. Buying stuff from you. Loan collecting. You know, standard raccoon things.

BTW, I'm surprised no one has brought up the fact that Sakurai shot down the Animal Crosser as playable.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Mii's situation is a totally different situation than those four's, Diddy Kong

That's different though. They originate from a series that is already represented, and had better choices. The Miis are different in the fact that their series isn't already in Smash.
This basically, thanks dude :cool:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Like how they added Daisy, Waluigi, Toad and Bowser Jr. in Brawl?

Miis are just a terrible idea.

That's different though. They originate from a series that is already represented, and had better choices. The Miis are different in the fact that their series isn't already in Smash.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Well, for a series like Animal Crossing that has no actual fighting, this is where you be creative in how to adapt the characters. None of the characters have abilities in the same sense like Fox, Ness, Samus, etc., but there are ways around that.

Tom Nook could do something like using his tail to slow his descent, acting as a glide based off of the Tanooki Suit. For attacks, there are the items available in the game. He can use the fishing pole as either a tether or a recovery move where he tries to fish, but pulls on his apron launching him high. Another could be a command grab with a net that tosses the opponent up high, mirroring the bug catching animation in Animal Crossing. This would suit the nature of the Animal Crossing series as he's not actually fighting.

This kind of stuff would be a challenge, but a challenge worth pursuing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, for a series like Animal Crossing that has no actual fighting, this is where you be creative in how to adapt the characters. None of the characters have abilities in the same sense like Fox, Ness, Samus, etc., but there are ways around that.

Tom Nook could do something like using his tail to slow his descent, acting as a glide based off of the Tanooki Suit. For attacks, there are the items available in the game. He can use the fishing pole as either a tether or a recovery move where he tries to fish, but pulls on his apron launching him high. Another could be a command grab with a net that tosses the opponent up high, mirroring the bug catching animation in Animal Crossing. This would suit the nature of the Animal Crossing series as he's not actually fighting.

This kind of stuff would be a challenge, but a challenge worth pursuing.
I'm sorry, but I literally lol-ed at that. Oasis, make this a picture, please. xD

But I see what you mean, he'd be the fight-by-not-fighting type, right?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm sorry, but I literally lol-ed at that. Oasis, make this a picture, please. xD

But I see what you mean, he'd be the fight-by-not-fighting type, right?
Exactly. After seeing how this was implemented for Phoenix Wright, I think it's possible for Tom Nook. Remember, Sakurai said that the Villager was not suited for fighting. Regular fighting like everyone else? Definitely. Someone fighting as if entirely by accident? We might have a loophole here. Remember those shows where the main character beats up the bad guys entirely by accident? Just like that.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
He said Animal Crossing characters in general. A blanket of deconfirmation fell down upon Smashville.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well obviously Spongebob won't be getting in, Rosalina Supporter, he's an American TV character.

EDIT: Nevermind, I misunderstood. Again.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Usually, that would be the case, but if we're talking about something that would require extensive testing and design like this, I want nothing of it. As post-release DLC, I'd be ok with this, but after what happened with Brawl and its development priorities, I want everything to be focused on the gameplay because that's what matters the most.
It's what Kuma wants, and it WILL be done! :troll:

LOL
why you mad yo?
1)you said you'd work on it like it would make difference what actually happens. I just called you out on that. Never said you couldnt speculate, in fact after I made that comment I said my favorite choice that has been speculated this far.
2) I've called a handful of people in this thread a noob and you are the only one sensitive enough to take offense. But if it means that much to you I'm sorry you got your little feelings hurt and that you care enough to take a word so I overused at this point that it isn't even offensive anymore over the Internet personally.
3) After failing hard at brawl's online they would want to make sure the online is as pleasing to as many people as possible this time around, so that it isn't filled with noob taunt parties. No wait my bad, kind inexpericed fighters who spam but in a warm fuzzy way.

I could understand if everyone thought I was serious but obviously I have a reputation of not being serious.

You're talking to people you don't know, who're being kind... sometimes. You're suppose to be respectful. Sorry if I'm the only one who'd take offense to such a word from an individual, but that doesn't give you the right to call me a noob, or anyone. Just a pro tip. I hope you understand...

Also, yes, I'm pretty sure I'm NOT Sakurai, and you know I'm not, so obviously I'm speculating. ;)

Yeah, they *almost* are (Past games? :troll:)... Here's my thing: make them more realistic, and I'll work with that, like once again, XBox 360 Avves. If not, I'm not interested.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Tom Nook is definitely good space. I just don't see it happening if Sakurai still goes with the "they must be able to fight", although he could mean in ANY media, comics, etc. Zelda and Falcon never fought in their regular games, heh.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
He said Animal Crossing characters in general. A blanket of deconfirmation fell down upon Smashville.
Still think they need a character. Regaurdless of the deconfirmation, it's one of Nintendo's more popular series, and they could play so silly cute.

Yep, I like Miis AND Nook. GET OVER IT.

I
I don't care about it from a balance point or anything like it. I don't think such a thing belongs in a crossover game. Things like custom cosmetics and colors are fine by me, but this is both excessive and a waste of resources. I would rather be playing a character made for the game than make a custom one.
Even if I didn't get my girl Kryssy, I would still be uber happy, IF this was added as a feature. YOU COULD MAKE ANY PALLETE SWAP EVERRR!!!!

KING K. ROOL COLORED DIDDY, DIXIE COLORED DK, KRYSTAL COLORED FOX, BRUNETTE ZAMUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom