• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
WHAT THE FREAKING HECK. One night and ya guys manage to talk over 15 pages worth!!!!

(-;^;-);

I'll try to limit my visit in here to weekends, I mean, it's quite no-no to stay all the time awake to keep with you guys. High school is high school...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I’m bored, and I feel like going on a Smash rant. Today’s topic will be the idea of “Deserving”. When I watch this word get thrown around, I notice a lot of different definitions being used, so I thought I should set the record straight on what I THINK makes a character deserving. I would like to note, to be deserving, you don’t NEED all of these things.

#1. A Strong role within their series

To really define what I think a strong role is, I’ll have to use character examples. Toad, has a minor role in almost every Mario game ever made. Yes, he does make playable appearances within the series, but for the most part, he’s either doing anything Mario can do when he IS playable (Think P3/P4 placeholder) or he is just a small NPC that shows up a lot. Junior on the other hand, has had much better roles in every game he’s shown up in. He’s been a reocurring antagonist in various core Mario games. THEN, we have someone like Ridley, who basically IS the Bowser of his series, but he is still not playable. Which is sad considering all Metroid has to offer is a Mario, and a Bowser really. They have a Shadow Mario, and then a stupid guy, but we don’t care about them. Anyways, a strong role is something like Junior, or even better would be like Ridley, being a reoccurring character who has a decent sized portion of the storyline, and gameplay circled around him or her.

#2 Popularity

A way a character can become a deserving character is through popularity. A prime example of that would be Toad. He doesn’t do much in his series, we all know it, so stop pretending. Nope. He does however, have a large fanbase. His fanbase if probably the biggest out of all the potential newcomers. I would like to note though, that a sudden rise popularity alone only can take you so far. (Like Debbie or all the other LoZ one timers) In order to not be deserving whatsoever in other catagories, you MUST have a large enough long running fanbase.

#3 Unique Playstyle

Within reason of course. We can’t say Shy Guy is a good choice because I can make him interesting. (You could a make a toaster oven interesting, it really isn’t hard) I would say having other deserving qualities AS WELL as a unique playstyle will only further yourdeservingness. For example, Krystal has a decent role, and good sized popularity, add that to her “Unique playstyle” options, and you really do have a good combination. Another character like this would be someone like Dixie Kong, or Palutena.

#4 Have a STRONG selling/well received game/series

Characters like Isaac, Little Mac, and THE MIIS fall into this category. They don’t have their series established yet, so something things like “Important roles, only comes without saying for them. We have the Miis for example, who are part of the Wii series, which is the third best selling franchise of all time, and hasn’t even hit age ten yet. Now, I don’t know about you, but that sounds pretty impressive. The Miis are building a wall of impressive stats to keep them haters out.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I’m bored, and I feel like going on a Smash rant. Today’s topic will be the idea of “Deserving”. When I watch this word get thrown around, I notice a lot of different definitions being used, so I thought I should set the record straight on what I THINK makes a character deserving. I would like to note, to be deserving, you don’t NEED all of these things.

To really define what I think a strong role is, I’ll have to use character examples. Toad, has a minor role in almost every Mario game ever made. Yes, he does make playable appearances within the series, but for the most part, he’s either doing anything Mario can do when he IS playable (Think P3/P4 placeholder) or he is just a small NPC that shows up a lot. Junior on the other hand, has had much better roles in every game he’s shown up in. He’s been a reocurring antagonist in various core Mario games. THEN, we have someone like Ridley, who basically IS the Bowser of his series, but he is still not playable. Which is sad considering all Metroid has to offer is a Mario, and a Bowser really. They have a Shadow Mario, and then a stupid guy, but we don’t care about them. Anyways, a strong role is something like Junior, or even better would be like Ridley, being a reoccurring character who has a decent sized portion of the storyline, and gameplay circled around him or her.

#2 Popularity

A way a character can become a deserving character is through popularity. A prime example of that would be Toad. He doesn’t do much in his series, we all know it, so stop pretending. Nope. He does however, have a large fanbase. His fanbase if probably the biggest out of all the potential newcomers. I would like to note though, that a sudden rise popularity alone only can take you so far. (Like Debbie or all the other LoZ one timers) In order to not be deserving whatsoever in other catagories, you MUST have a large enough long running fanbase.

#3 Unique Playstyle

Within reason of course. We can’t say Shy Guy is a good choice because I can make him interesting. (You could a make a toaster oven interesting, it really isn’t hard) I would say having other deserving qualities AS WELL as a unique playstyle will only further yourdeservingness. For example, Krystal has a decent role, and good sized popularity, add that to her “Unique playstyle” options, and you really do have a good combination. Another character like this would be someone like Dixie Kong, or Palutena.

Characters like Isaac, Little Mac, and THE MIIS fall into this category. They don’t have their series established yet, so something things like “Important roles, only comes without saying for them. We have the Miis for example, who are part of the Wii series, which is the third best selling franchise of all time, and hasn’t even hit age ten yet. Now, I don’t know about you, but that sounds pretty impressive. The Miis are building a wall of impressive stats to keep them haters out.

Check.

Check.

Check.

Check.

That is all. :smirk:

D

Deleted member

There are very few highly "deserving" characters left IMO. Someone that I would say is deserving is a character that is important to a franchise and is very popular. The franchise should also be well-received and be a well-known one at it. The ones that I would say fits these description without a problem are the follwing:

- Ridley
- King K. Rool
- Little Mac
- Mewtwo
- Mii
- Toad

...and if you think third-parties should be in (like me), Mega Man.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Taking notes from Toise I see XD

Great job.

(Way off topic and personal, might need vicodin to make it past the night).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
There are very few highly "deserving" characters left IMO. Someone that I would say is deserving is a character that is important to a franchise and is very popular. The franchise should also be well-received and be a well-known one at it. The ones that I would say fits these description without a problem are the follwing.
The pictures are just of the "Poster children" of said catagory. Ya know, Ridley is the most deserving newcomer, Mii's are majorly massive, Krystal could be really unique, Toad is incredibly popular blahblahblah. That doesn't mean I think Krystal and Toad are HIGHLY deserving. They both ARE deserving, yes, but I would NOT consider Toad highly deserving considering he falls FLAT on #1. Very flat. He does hit the other three though, even if he is just riding coat tails on #4 (Like K. Rool)

And thank you, but I didn't actually read anything DIRECTLY that inspired this rant today, just thought up a topic. UNLIKE, my rant about "Finishing franchises" which was HEAVILY inspired by Toise.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
There are very few highly "deserving" characters left IMO. Someone that I would say is deserving is a character that is important to a franchise and is very popular. The franchise should also be well-received and be a well-known one at it. The ones that I would say fits these description without a problem are the follwing:

- Ridley
- King K. Rool
- Little Mac
- Mewtwo
- Mii
- Toad

...and if you think third-parties should be in (like me), Mega Man.
You hit them all. The only other one that might belong there is Dixie Kong, however, she has not been a major player in the Donkey Kong series since 1997, which was also around the same time Star Fox had its last good release. :troll:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I hate Star Fox after Star Fox 64 in general.
I don't like Zelda games in general, but you don't hear me reminding everyone every ten seconds. Opinions are such a fun thing. I like Assault, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people on this thread do to, the complaints were mostly "It's too short".

But, it doesn't matter. Just OPINIONS, ones that don't matter.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Generally, the consensus though is that Star Fox has been wallowing in mediocrity to sub-parness after Star Fox 64.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Only StarFox game I don't like is Command. And that's it. Also, Star Fox Assault heavily improved upon 64 anyway. More options, styles, characters. I like it.

As for Krystal, I wouldn't call her deserving. Among that list, the only ones I think that truly deserve to get in are Ridley, K. Rool, ...and that's it. The rest are good choices though.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think Kid Icarus Uprising is going to be a sort of spiritual successor to Star Fox, both in regards to the on-rails flight mission and the onfoot combat.

I am really interested to see what Sakurai has planned considering that this is his first big budge project he has ever had outside of Kirby and Smash Bros.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I also heard if it doesn't do well, he might not put as much effort into SSB4. I call that as BS, but eh.

I also believe that StarFox is truly its own series, and I really don't consider that game a spiritual successor anyway. It'd have to be an actual vehicle combat or something close to the StarFox series. I agree there's similarities, and I wouldn't be surprised if he drew inspiration from the series, but I don't think they're related in that sense.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I also believe that StarFox is truly its own series, and I really don't consider that game a spiritual successor anyway. It'd have to be an actual vehicle combat or something close to the StarFox series. I agree there's similarities, and I wouldn't be surprised if he drew inspiration from the series, but I don't think they're related in that sense.

:troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
One vehicle isn't enough. I mean tons of them. Also, is it a space shooter? Not even close. I may have chosen my words badly, but they're only somewhat alike, but not enough for my tastes.

I'll wait till an appropriate space shooter with similar elements comes along. :awesome:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Look into Sin & Punishment. Its not a space shooter, but its good.

I think we are probably see some new items for Smash 4 come out of Uprising.
I actually would say Uprising is closer to that game, imo. But you know what I mean.

As for items, I can't think of much. It's hard to say, really. I don't plan on buying the game, though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Gonna spam Mii's Wii Music taunt at Diddy Kong all day.
Not when I spam you first with Chrome's version of "prepare yourself" :troll: Or whatever he's gonna say.

What's being discussed?

#2 Popularity

#3 Unique Playstyle

Impa actually makes this as well. Considering I see her more as the "monk-Sheik" anyway. Might feel as a slight mix between Sheik, Lucario and Zero Suit Samus. I'll definitely will make a moveset if I can't sleep tonight.

Of coarse K.Rool fits in every category as of now. And so does Dixie.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Not when I spam you first with Chrome's version of "prepare yourself" :troll: Or whatever he's gonna say.
Or Impa's one-hand stand taunt, am I right? :troll:

The topic that was being discussed a little bit was whether Kid Icarus Uprising was a sort of spiritual successor to Star Fox.

On a new topic, I am wondering who would take Goroh's place as the Assist Trophy for the F-Zero serie if he got in as a playable character. The only one that stands out I think is Pico , since Black Shadow works better as playable character than an Assist Trophy.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
*yawns* What's good?

I decided, after a long night's sleep, to do a Zoroark moveset (I heard a few of ye say ya wanna do'em). Here's my Zoroark Moveset. Although it goes off my personal beliefs on the set-up, but...

[COLLAPSE="Zoroark"]
(B): X-Scissors
Zoroark will dash forward, throwing a claw out. If someone's nearby, she'll dart behind them, and then grab them. Press (B) or (A) to claw(B) or bite (A). After a few hits, she'll cross her arms, then X-slash them. If Zoroark doesn't grab anyone, she'll take a quickstep backwards, much like a roll-dodge. If she's near the edge, she'll avoid going off, and just side step.

(B)>: Pursuit
Zoroark gets on all four and crouches. A small red ball comes from Zoroark. Like Zelda's (B)>, you can track where this ball goes. After 3 character spaces, the red dot disappears, and Zoroark will ride the line that was made by the red dot, while a Dark ring surrounds her. An upgraded Fox (B)>, except it's not good to use over a pit, because Zoroark pertains no action fall. But it makes a great recovery tech, because as Zoroark ziplines, he has super armor the entire time.

(B)v: Punishment
Zoroark grabs in front of herself. If she grabs someone, the person better hope they don't have high %, because she'll claw with her right paw, then spin and do a sparta kick while blasting a dark pluse bomb behind her with her right paw. These moves are EXTREMELY powerful. But if she doesn't grab anyone, she'll fall over, then have to get up.

(B)^: Faint Attack
She'll dash like Lucario, but will grab someone, and pounce off them. She doesn't go as fast as Lucario, but does damage.

FS: Night Daze
She'll yell, like she does in the movie, and a red explosion comes from her. She destorys anything touched. All items break/die, and characters are very possible to get a OHKO. It goes about 3 characters spaces ahead and in front.
Here's an example of Night Daze: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCVPYzxIF2g Starting at 0:20
[/COLLAPSE]

I'll write more l8r.

I'll just leave it here then leave for a while.

Basically, it's a response to those who want more special moves and more final smash options. It's quite simple really. Oh and the smash meter is applied SINCE people are perfectly fine with it from how it looked before.
NEW SUGGESTION FOR SMASH 4

----------------------------------

Unique/Command attacks

Default input : X

Reason : It's stupid to have 2 buttons as the jump button plus we need more attacks for characters

Features:

- 4 new attacks (Neutral, Sideward, Upward and downward command/unique attack)
- Smash versions of the command or unique attacks

Examples:

LAY OUT = Normal : Smash version

[collapse=Mario]Neutral B - Fire ball : Fire shot (Just imagine Guile's Sonic Boom except it's on fire)

Forward B - Glide cape : Wing cap (Mario flies with that wing cap from SM64)

Downward B - Star spin : Fire spin (Mario Galaxy reference)

Upward B - Super jump punch : Higher super jump punch

Neutral X - Hammer throw : Triple hammer throw

Forward X - Boomerang (Compare it to Trish's round trip) : A more long lasting boomerang that tracks its nearest enemy

Downward X - Statue (Protected from attacks and grabs) : Statue shockwave? (The impact causes a small shockwave)

Upward X - High jump (Reference from SM64 where in you Hold Z then click A) + Higher jump

[collapse=Toad]Neutral B - Spore array (Similar to Wright's knife shots) : Round array (Similar to Doom's photon shot)

Hold B - Spore shot (Similar to Phoenix's TK shot) : Spore beam (A homing beam made out of spores)

Forward B - Toad rush (Similar to Fuerte's Hanabero dash) : Fast rush (Faster version)

Downward B - Mushroom (TOO LAZY TO EXPLAIN) : Mushroom (UGH)

Any direction while holding a mushroom + B - Mushroom bounce (Obvious stuff) : Mushroom bounce (Fully invincible)

Upward B - Propeller cap (Obvious stuff) : Super propeller cap (Goes higher)

Neutral X - Spore clouds (Get in it, you get damaged) : Bigger spore clouds (Bigger)

Forward X - Mushroom missile (A mushroom shot towards the enemy) : Mushroom missile (Now drops spore balls while travelling)

Downward X - Spinning mushrooms (Spins around Toad and disappears after 3 seconds) : Spinning mushrooms (Just more fast and powerful)

Downward X while mushrooms are spinning around you - Rushing spinning mushrooms (The mushrooms basically move forward and spin then fall somewhere eventually) : Rushing spinning mushrooms (Faster and stronger)

Upward X - Mushroom platform (Mushroom platform. 1 stage block tall) : Mushroom bouncy platform (Can bounce on it :) )

Additional fact : Toad's down B (Mushroom) can also be used with a command attack. I'm too lazy to tell what happens if you input a certain command.[/collapse]

----------------------------------

Final smash variations

Default input : To execute final smash - A/B/X + Up/Side/Down/None

Reason : I guess for more variety with Final smashes.

Features:

- 4 final smashes that can be used

Examples:

[collapse=Link]Neutral final smash - Triforce slash

Forward final smash - Sword beam raid

Downward final smash - (Can't think lol)

Upward final smash - Super spin attack[/collapse]
[collapse=Ridley]Neutral final smash - Space Pirate raid

Forward final smash - Deadly flames

Downward final smash - Meta Ridley

Upward final smash - CINEMATIC WALL GRINDING :D[/collapse]

Personal opinion: I'm actually FINE with 1 final smash. I had this suggestion of being able to break smash balls then earning one smash ball count. You can have up to 3 smash ball counts. 1 final smash = 1 smash ball count. Though, I think the damage needs to be nerfed then with the final smashes which is why I scrapped the idea.

---------------------------------

Thoughts?[/collapse]
If you're not fine with this idea then here's my best idea: "Fix the damn physics then we're good"

Everyone thought of this already and complained about it but it's my number 1 request for smash 4. Physics then unique roster then (Insert random suggestions here)

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Well I'm happy you decided to hit the topic, there's plenty-o' things I would alter about character moves.

1.The mario cape suggestion would assist well with recovery if it functioned like Pit/MK/Charizard's recovery given that you pressed side b and held it, angling the analog stick to your intended location.

2. Kirby could utilize his popular exhale move if the b button was tapped instead of pressed, since the inhale aerial drops you vertically (a poor sacrifice to mobility). This move would function as a streamlined aerial with an intent to stun a character, if used effectively it could chain moves as you fall towatds the stage (this at the expense of further jumps)

3. Yoshi's games, meaning cameos outside of super mario world, have allowed him to angle his tounge in 3-4 directions (depending if in the air), this would function as a nice recovery assist (think the exclamation spheres in yoshi story) . I haven't decided whether or not this should be an extension of a B move or a Z aerial similar to Lucas. Either way, Yoshi's tongue moves should have more depth.

4. Donkey Kong needs a revamp of techniques given that his new games cater to different styles. From the beginning he's had a nice tug and roll technique for his dash attack, this would benefit his spacing since spot attacks are seldom preferable to heavier characters.

I haven't decided whether the barrel roll (the tin barrel that you can ride on) would make a good substitute for his lack of aerial down b, or if he should adopt the blow attack from DKC Returns. It could be the new side B to function with his active playstyle, nevertheless DK should have an aerial down b.

5. Wario should be taking notes from project M. Every Wario game I've researched and/or played has allowed him to be mobile while using his shoulder bash. Its only one of his staples. Several other things are misplaced or awkward such as a wonky bike that's difficult to manage, attacks that take too long to execute and therefor are very punishable. Lack of Butt Slam, ICONIC!

I don't understand why more of his moveset couldn't resemble the Wario Land Series, ESPECIALLY the VB Wario Land game where his movements are most certainly fluid and well thought out. The Wario from Brawl was so stiff, its hard to describe the distinction besides that it seemed intentional. Hopefully the Shake it! title will have compelled the development team to look into a more agile Wario (like the one that lifts weights before battle!).

Several other characters could use subtle tweaks to befit their game design. The Smash canon should emphasize the roles that each respective game has built around their own cannon. Mario only utilizes his FLUDD in a single game, yet Luigi will now be notable for his poltergust as a staple of his series. Less trippy acid induced dancing and more cannon techniques. What that means is, instead of utilizing moves based on the conception of a fighting game, those moves should be balanced in the interest of their effectiveness in a character's games. Fair enough assessment?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Project M is really doing a great job, and seeing Bowser in such a tougher perspective makes me feel happy. Characters such as Bowser and Ganondorf need to be intimidating in Smash Bros.; unfortunately, they are often considered to be the weaker ones while people fear for thsoe like Meta Knight instead (due to improper balancing rather than character perspective).
Meta Knight's imbalance sounds like something that's around Galacta Knight's level. Speaking of which, a Meta Knight recolor that's based on Galacta Knight should be considered.

@xIblisx: Regarding my language inputs, in North America, you don't exactly think about speaking German, Italian, or Dutch at that continent.

Also, my language inputs originated from Mario Sports Mix, since that game's languages are dependent on game regions; Ex.: To see the German language, you have to play the PAL version.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Now Wisps as items? That's sounds amazing! Strangely enough it fits in the Nintendo world.

Ring Dash is from Sonic Adventure 1&2, Hereos, and I think that's it before Gen. (or I stopped paying attention until then)

Gnight Try.
I'm awake now. lol

SA? I thought it had been a while since I've played it.

*yawns* What's good?

I decided, after a long night's sleep, to do a Zoroark moveset (I heard a few of ye say ya wanna do'em). Here's my Zoroark Moveset. Although it goes off my personal beliefs on the set-up, but...

[COLLAPSE="Zoroark"]
Zoroark will dash forward, throwing a claw out. If someone's nearby, she'll dart behind them, and then grab them. Press (B) or (A) to claw(B) or bite (A). After a few hits, she'll cross her arms, then X-slash them. If Zoroark doesn't grab anyone, she'll take a quickstep backwards, much like a roll-dodge. If she's near the edge, she'll avoid going off, and just side step.

Zoroark gets on all four and crouches. A small red ball comes from Zoroark. Like Zelda's (B)>, you can track where this ball goes. After 3 character spaces, the red dot disappears, and Zoroark will ride the line that was made by the red dot, while a Dark ring surrounds her. An upgraded Fox (B)>, except it's not good to use over a pit, because Zoroark pertains no action fall. But it makes a great recovery tech, because as Zoroark ziplines, he has super armor the entire time.

Zoroark grabs in front of herself. If she grabs someone, the person better hope they don't have high %, because she'll claw with her right paw, then spin and do a sparta kick while blasting a dark pluse bomb behind her with her right paw. These moves are EXTREMELY powerful. But if she doesn't grab anyone, she'll fall over, then have to get up.

She'll dash like Lucario, but will grab someone, and pounce off them. She doesn't go as fast as Lucario, but does damage.

She'll yell, like she does in the movie, and a red explosion comes from her. She destorys anything touched. All items break/die, and characters are very possible to get a OHKO. It goes about 3 characters spaces ahead and in front.
Here's an example of Night Daze: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCVPYzxIF2g Starting at 0:20
[/COLLAPSE]

I'll write more l8r.
I never thought I'd see the day. Good work though.

Several other characters could use subtle tweaks to befit their game design. The Smash canon should emphasize the roles that each respective game has built around their own cannon. Mario only utilizes his FLUDD in a single game, yet Luigi will now be notable for his poltergust as a staple of his series. Less trippy acid induced dancing and more cannon techniques. What that means is, instead of utilizing moves based on the conception of a fighting game, those moves should be balanced in the interest of their effectiveness in a character's games. Fair enough assessment?
I've been mentioning stuff like this for a while now, so I can't agree any more than I already do. I can't say changes like that will happen though unfortunetly (maybe to Wario?).

Why do I have this feeling that Yoshi should have this ability where in he aims he's tongue in the direction chosen then goes there? Hm.... I forgot. There needs to be a wall to stick on.

WAIT.... Yoshi's a Yoshi. Not a frog. ****

@N : Fair

My hopes for the game other than Toad, Ridley, Saki and Bandana Dee's playable status is that the roster, hopefully, will be extremely unique. Since Sakurai is know aware and he's targeting for a different approach with the movesets, playstyles, characters and choosing characters, I believe Smash 4 will be a great game..... Unless the physics sucks which would ruin almost 1/4 or 1/2 of the game.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
*yawns* What's good?

[COLLAPSE="Zoroark"]

[/COLLAPSE]

I'll write more l8r.
I was thinking of Foul Play for one of Zoroark's specials. Basically, Zoroark would use its opponent's strength against him/her. In other words, it evades the target's attack, and then counterattacks, but the strength of the countereattack depends on the attack that Zoroark evades; evading the Warlock Punch would lead to a strong counterattack, while evading Raptor Boost would lead to a weak counterattack; it's related to the damage that Zoroark would've received.

D

Deleted member

@nLiM8d: On Mario, I think if we are going to make the Cape a recovery move, we should make it an Up B to make it less broken.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion

Also, apparently Yoshi's have a long standing feud with the frogs, those frogs are such jerks in particular.

b1man said:
is that the roster, hopefully, will be extremely unique.
Also Fair.

Tri-Hy, is there any reason that you felt compelled to mention that you can't agree more to what I'm saying? Wouldn't a simple nod have sufficed?

Just seems unnecessary (and somewhat strange as a form of conveyance).

Tell me some of the alterations you'd like to make.

FanMan said:
we should make it an Up B to make it less broken.
I disagree for several reasons, but tell me how you would view it to be broken.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I never thought I'd see the day. Good work though.
Lol Coffee and jelly beans will make me make a Zoroark set. Too bad it was made with a tired mind Lol

I was thinking of Foul Play for one of Zoroark's specials. Basically, Zoroark would use its opponent's strength against him/her. In other words, it evades the target's attack, and then counterattacks, but the strength of the countereattack depends on the attack that Zoroark evades; evading the Warlock Punch would lead to a strong counterattack, while evading Raptor Boost would lead to a weak counterattack; it's related to the damage that Zoroark would've received.
I like that. I made the same sort of move for Victini's Fusion Fire at one time.

I still think Zoroark<Lucario and Victini. Don't get hopeful ;)

I got the diagram for my Custom characters almost done. Lemme go finsih it.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

#2 Popularity

#3 Unique Playstyle

Let's see...

The hero, main character, and only plausible representative. Check.

Pretty damn popular. Check.

Moveset different from everyone else because of the Starfy games' wacky nature and Starfy's signature spinning. Check.

Popular game. All reviews for The Legendary Starfy were positive. Check.

Starfy wins. :smirk:

BTW, I disagree with that Shy Guy comment, Shortie. :awesome:

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Ok, so let's get this Custom Character Idea I have on the road, shall we?

So, I ridded my old diagram, and made this, because I think it's simplify what I want to spit out. We'll start with Appearence.

First off, I'd like to explain how you'd obtain items, like Hats and different eye styles. As you brawl, you get Smash Coins. Now, these coins in the past really stacked up, because you could earn almost 1000 in a single day in a breeze (You'd have to be a good player though. I can do this. I am a good player :cool:). So, why not put use to those coins? This would make the player battle more in order to earn more coins, therefore, they get training at the same time (But we gamers are usually lazy, so we'll find a way around it =_=).
You'd be able to unlock certain clothing/styles in what I'd call the Smash Shop through doing missions, then will be able to buy them in the shop after unlocking them (Mario + Sonic, for example).
Some clothing works only for males, some only females. Overall, the Mii style is NOT my favorite choice, because it's sortta toonish, so I made this.

It's not much, but it's enough to explain how styles/clothing works. Notice that certain body parts are labeled. I'll explain the labeled.
1: Hair and/or hat.
2: Eyes, nose, mouth, ears.
3: Shirts
4: Pants or Dress
5: Sleeves option, wristbands (Watches, rubber bands, etc)
6: Gloves, claws
7: Shorts option.
8: Shoes

Ok, so after your done customizing your character, you can adjust size and weight. You can also tinker with the colors of you skin, eyes, clothing, and such.

After customizastion, you'd hit on movesets. I'll explain later, but this is part one. If I forgot anything, PLEASE let me know. Comment/rate, plz. BTW The arms would be longer, but I forgot to fix it. No worries.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So no one has anything to say in regards to the topic of what F-Zero's Assist Trophy would be if Samurai Goroh got in?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
How about you make that discussion relevant instead of trying to make people care about what you concerned over?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The important characters in F-Zero are:
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow
Pico
Dr. Stewart
Jody Summer

Of the list above (aside from Captain Falcon), the only two characters who have a plausible shot at being playable are Samurai Goroh and Black Shadow.

Dr. Stewart and Jody Summer are not really known for fighting (let alone something that can probably be made into a single attack), so I am guessing it would pretty much leave Pico if F-Zero were to have an Assist Trophy if Samurai Goroh were to be added. I don't think there is any aspect to Black Shadow that would make him Assist Trophy material (which is usually only performing one attack that the character may be known for).

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Impa actually makes this as well. Considering I see her more as the "monk-Sheik" anyway. Might feel as a slight mix between Sheik, Lucario and Zero Suit Samus. I'll definitely will make a moveset if I can't sleep tonight.

Of coarse K.Rool fits in every category as of now. And so does Dixie.
She doesn't though.
1)Doesn't have a strong role. Impa was always a support character who didn't do anything and in SS it's the same
2)Really isn't that popular. Only to you.
3)Not unique as she does nothing in SS
4)MAYBE, but SS was not a smash success.

BTW, on that whole thing, it is really just using the old rules of characters that will make most of you very wrong. Besides, Sakurai already has a criteria he's told everyone. If you want to be right, look at the big picture. Not the individual attributes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom