• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How about using the axe on certain attacks and his sword on others?
Would be kinda hard to implement I think? Would rather have a unlockable "Axe-mode" version I think. Gives pretty much enough reasons to bring back Ike, cause it'd make him unique to all other Lords. We know Hector isn't gonna make it anyway.

Unless Chrome can also use Axes. Which I could expect, as he seems pretty similar to Ike.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ike mostly uses/has been seen with his sword, so I would be weird to have him use it outside of a special move IMO.

He's not known for his Axe skills, so it shouldn't be a major part of his moveset unlike Caeda and her weapon switching.

On a side note though, if Eruption is replaced by his Axe, it could go towards helping de-clone Roy (Eruption always felt like it would fit him more anyway).

Well I guess that's good for the Wii U. Although I would have preferred to have seen the PS4 over another Xbox. :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since Brawl had 8 past (Melee) stages, Super Smash Bros. 4 should have 10-12 past (Brawl) stages. Here are the 15 stages that are likely to return:

Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Yoshi's Island
Bridge of Eldin
Pokemon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
The Summit
New Pork City
Battleship Halberd
Flat Zone 2
Wario Ware
Norfair
Lylat Cruise
Distant Planet
Skyworld
Castle Seige

Dr. Ivo Robotnik

Smash Cadet
I'm going to bud in here.

Working on my own character roster with 50 slots (Well...51 including random). I need some help on a few spots.

(Sorry if it's hard to read. Did not expect it to some out this small.)

VETERAN
SECRET VETERAN
NEWCOMER
SECRET NEWCOMER

I need a third Fire Emblem character, a fifth Zelda character, and a fifth Pokemon character.

I know nothing about Fire Emblem, so I really need help with that one. Would be best if it was a character who would be a better default. The Zelda character will not be Impa. Lucario and Mewtwo are fighting for that Pokemon spot, but I don't know who to choose. I believe it's a good thing to have representation from multiple generations, but Mewtwo is VERY popular.

A few other notes:
- Pokemon Trainer is considered a newcomer because he/she would have different Pokemon. What those Pokemon will be, I do not know.
- I put down Black Mage as the Square rep due to him showing up in a couple of Mario Spin-offs. I could end up changing it to Slime though...
- I got rid of Snake. Out of both third party characters, Sonic has the better chance of being kept.

Any thoughts? Changes I should make?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Since Brawl had 8 past (Melee) stages, Super Smash Bros. 4 should have 10-12 past (Brawl) stages. Here are the 15 stages that are likely to return:

Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Yoshi's Island
Bridge of Eldin
Pokemon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
The Summit
New Pork City
Battleship Halberd
Flat Zone 2
Wario Ware
Norfair
Lylat Cruise
Distant Planet
Skyworld
Castle Seige
The 8 melee stages that returned represented the 8 original series in ssb64. What is the method/meaning behind the returning brawl stages you selected?

:phone:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^^

I would suggest for your empty slots... Chrome for the Fire Emblem rep. (New game = win most likely) Tingle as the Zelda rep. (I would prefer Girahim, and I still think he's likely, but Tingle is Tingle, and Lucario as the Pokemon rep.

I see Lucario as likely to return because of how different he is from the rest, and unless Sakurai really wants to bring Mewtwo back, Lucario won't be replaced. Although I would argue against Victini's inclusion over Zoroark for multiple reasons, but that's not up for debate on your chart, and I don't mean to start anything.

I also don't see Snake getting cut. Considering the circumstances that put him in Brawl in the first place, I don't think it makes any sense to cut him from Sm4sh.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Returning stages I want-

Luigies Mansion
Yoshies Island
75 M
Pirate Ship
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Norfair
Spear Piller
Mute City
New Pork City

PF9

Smash Lord
I'd really like to see a stage based on Tourian, the final area in the original Metroid. We already got Brinstar and Norfair, so Tourian is left.

Also, Victini, like other "secret" legendary Pokemon, will probably be a PokeBall summon

Dr. Ivo Robotnik

Smash Cadet
^^

I would suggest for your empty slots... Chrome for the Fire Emblem rep. (New game = win most likely) Tingle as the Zelda rep. (I would prefer Girahim, and I still think he's likely, but Tingle is Tingle, and Lucario as the Pokemon rep.

I see Lucario as likely to return because of how different he is from the rest, and unless Sakurai really wants to bring Mewtwo back, Lucario won't be replaced. Although I would argue against Victini's inclusion over Zoroark for multiple reasons, but that's not up for debate on your chart, and I don't mean to start anything.

I also don't see Snake getting cut. Considering the circumstances that put him in Brawl in the first place, I don't think it makes any sense to cut him from Sm4sh.
Victini and Zoroark are two very great characters. Choosing one is hard. I discussed it with a few of my Pokemon obsessed friends, and they said that Victini would be a better inclusion, but that's their opinions. Not having played Black/White, it's hard for me to come to a decision.

You have a point on Snake, but I believe four third party characters is a little much, and knowing Mega Man's popularity, he is almost a shoe in. Maybe a Square rep isn't needed...

Thanks for the other suggestions too.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The 8 melee stages that returned represented the 8 original series in ssb64. What is the method/meaning behind the returning brawl stages you selected?

The method/meaning behind them just like for all past stages are the ones that are memorable and are important to the franchises that they represent.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Stages I'd like to see:
Comet Observatory
Silent Realms (from Skyward Sword)
Pokemon Coliseum
Fire Field
The Stage(from Paper Mario)
Jungle Hijinx

D

Deleted member

@Robotnik: Your choice on Victini is fine.

I'll give some suggestions.

For the third FE spot, pick Roy for now. We do not know how Chrome is going to turn out so if he is not well-received, we'll probably get Roy. But we'll see on him.

For Zelda, Ghirahim and Tingle are good choices. I prefer Ghirahim, but either will work.

For Pokemon, I would say either return Lucario or Mewtwo. Both are excellent choices.

@PF9: There's always Shaymin that can fill the role, since he has Mew-like stats.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Would be kinda hard to implement I think? Would rather have a unlockable "Axe-mode" version I think. Gives pretty much enough reasons to bring back Ike, cause it'd make him unique to all other Lords. We know Hector isn't gonna make it anyway.

Unless Chrome can also use Axes. Which I could expect, as he seems pretty similar to Ike.
Unlockable? Please, you guys really need to think outside of the Smash box. Just one look at the FE wiki told me that he can use axes once he gets the Vanguard title.

A character can't have just slow and hard hitting attacks. Even characters like Zangief and Tager have quick light attacks. Using axes in some of his moves would be a way to help spice him up and give him better options.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's a bit of a thought, in terms of The Arena; Boss Battles.

At the rest area, you will be given up to 5 Heart Containers, which will heal ALL of your damage. If you use a Heart Container, it'll be replaced by a Maxim Tomato when you return to the rest area. The Maxim Tomato will only heal HALF of your damage, but if it is used, it will not respawn. Basically, you can do up to 5 full recoveries, and up to 5 half recoveries, which comes in handy if you're constantly getting beat up against the bosses.

However, regardless of the recovery items, getting KO'd even once will result in an instant Game Over, with no ability to continue.

This idea comes from the fact that in Kirby's Return to Dream Land, in The Arena, any Maxim Tomatoes that you eat will be replaced by regular tomatoes. And if the regular tomatoes are eaten, they won't respawn. And if your health is fully depleted, it's game over, with no ability to continue.

D

Deleted member

@Mario_and_Sonic_Guy: Nice idea, thought similar to the boss battles mode in Brawl.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Arena would be awesome if it was that you battled all the playable characters and bosses in one go, and also maybe 5 target smashes. W

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
To be fair, Mach Rider would look pretty stupid as an 8-bit Assist Trophy.

Yes, yes, you're right. What was I thinking? But an 8-bit Ridley would be epic! :awesome:

Hey! At least he would not be too big! :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Unlockable? Please, you guys really need to think outside of the Smash box. Just one look at the FE wiki told me that he can use axes once he gets the Vanguard title.

A character can't have just slow and hard hitting attacks. Even characters like Zangief and Tager have quick light attacks. Using axes in some of his moves would be a way to help spice him up and give him better options.
He doesn't get his father's axe untill pre-end game mission though. And that's the only axe which would make sence for him to use anyway. FE Wiki : Urvan.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, I just got my member's issue of Nintendo Power, and there was an Interview with Sakurai and Nintendo Power about Kid Icarus. It might not be too interesting, but here:

NP said:
...Finally, we figure you probably can't talk about this too much, but we have to ask: have you started thinking about the next Smash Bros. title and the overall direction you want to go with it?
Sakurai said:
I can't really say anything until things settle down with Kid Icarus... And a lot of it will depend on the team that I end up assembling for Smash Bros. It may take a while, but I think your patience will be rewarded.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
@Robotnik

I'm liking that roster so far. You pretty much got down the most probable and suggested newcomers, so indeed it seems good so far. My only doubt is on Black Mage and his chances (just by looking at the other FF characters); however, he is still likely, so I don't mind him too much. Not sure about the cutting Snake part (I don't really look into third party discussion)...so I'll leave you with that.

Hm, for suggestions...I can perhaps whip out a few. For a Zelda newcomer, I'd say Tingle or Ghirahim. Either are likely in my opinion. As for Pokemon, I still have a feeling that Mewtwo will likely return. He had data in Brawl, and it seems like Sakurai unwillingly cut him as he had the most data of the forbidden 7. On the otherhand, Victini is fine with me. Finally, I am somewhat unsure for FE. We might have to wait and see what happens in the near future judging by the main game. Roy may also have a choice as he the second most data in Brawl. These are just my thoughts.

@asage

So he hasn't assembled a team yet for it? I guess that's more proof that the rumors (the supposed leak) from a few weeks ago were indeed false.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

@xIblisx: Regarding my language inputs, in North America, you don't exactly think about speaking German, Italian, or Dutch at that continent.

Also, my language inputs originated from Mario Sports Mix, since that game's languages are dependent on game regions; Ex.: To see the German language, you have to play the PAL version.
Eh, I just think to sastify others putting all languages made for the game into the all the region releases is a good idea.

Get multicultral, you know?

I'm awake now. lol

SA? I thought it had been a while since I've played it.
Yeah so I was thinking, here's a way to make sonic majorly unique and varied for his specials.

Neutral B: Homing Attack (has less start up lag if used in the air)
Aerial Side B: Light Dash/Ring Dash (a trail of rings appears and sonic moves in a very quick pace in thier direction. Also this is something I just thought about so give me some feed back; if an opponent touches one of the, let's said 4, rings, Sonic automatically Light Dashes into them. This move should put sonic into a free fall state of where he can't use this move again like when he Up B's. He may use any A attacks or even Up B/Neutral B...HAAA I think this will make trying to edgegaurd/gimp sonic fun)
Grounded Side B: Peel Out (SWAG)
Aerial Down B: Bounce Attack (homage to S&K3 and Sonic Adventure 2)
Grounded Down B: Spin Dash (Iconic)
Up B: Same as Brawl's

I have more quotes I'm going to respond to but I'm about to eat.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@asage

So he hasn't assembled a team yet for it? I guess that's more justification that the rumors from a few weeks ago are indeed false.
This is exactly the comment I was awaiting. Yes, in fact, Sakurai does not have a team ready yet, therefore until he does, all "leaks" and "rumors" can be put down.

yani

Smash Lord
How come some people think Sonic has a higher chance to return over Snake? As much as I LOVE SONIC, Kojima is a close pal of Sakurai's. I'd say Snake has the better chance to return. Just saiyan.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
How come some people think Sonic has a higher chance to return over Snake? As much as I LOVE SONIC, Kojima is a close pal of Sakurai's. I'd say Snake has the better chance to return. Just saiyan.
Sonic is the #1 most wanted character of smash. His fan base for such was EXTREMELY huge, bigger than the surprise guest Snake.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@Robotnik: Your choice on Victini is fine.

I'll give some suggestions.

For the third FE spot, pick Roy for now. We do not know how Chrome is going to turn out so if he is not well-received, we'll probably get Roy. But we'll see on him.

For Zelda, Ghirahim and Tingle are good choices. I prefer Ghirahim, but either will work.

For Pokemon, I would say either return Lucario or Mewtwo. Both are excellent choices.

@PF9: There's always Shaymin that can fill the role, since he has Mew-like stats.
>wants Ghirahim, Tingle and Sheik in the game for Zelda representatives
>yfw in the future you'll have to explain Zelda is NOT for homosexuals and girls with gender confusion (aka traps) to those who didn't play it??

Seriously... Impa is the only good choice. As chosen guardian of the goddess it makes sence she would face Ganondorf. Her role is very good in the Zelda games, especially with the recent Skyward Sword. And she'd fit in much easier. Maybe less of a hype character overall, but she'll definitely have her fans once she's in.

Add in EITHER Tingle or Ghirahim to (prefer Tingle), and leave Sheik out. With revamps on the others who have I think we'll have a very satisfying Zelda roster.

And I think Chrome's game will get received very well actually. Only if it doesn't make it internationally I'll doubt Chrome. Then again, I doubt we'd even see Roy in stead of Ike. Roy is the 4th choice, even though Chrome's game isn't out.

I still say Mewtwo > Lucario though. Both would also be good, but I could easily see Lucario get replaced for Zoroark. Pokemon as a best seller will probably get most reps anyway (like in Brawl).

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@iblis
Bounce attack = bounce bracelet right? If that's the case, can he spam it like in in SA2 or will something happen if he tries to use it twice in a row.
His grab (not throws) should be magic hands IMO

Ganon your too slow, twice now. Get at me

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^^

I REALLY don't think popularity matters that much for those two characters. Sonic has such a legacy and presence that he's not going anywhere. What sense would it make to cut him out?

And Snake, well, if you REALLY think Sakurai is going to cut him for Arbitrary Reason #8 rather than keep him in for his bro, and his uniqueness, I think you need to rethink some things. They obviously AREN'T competing with one another.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@iblis
Bounce attack = bounce bracelet right? If that's the case, can he spam it like in in SA2 or will something happen if he tries to use it twice in a row.
His grab (not throws) should be magic hands IMO

He can spam it just as much with the Water Shield in Sonic & Knuckles, where the attack originated.

It should have some downtime, like 4 seconds, before he can use it again. Something similar to Brawl's Homing Attack.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't care much for Snake and Sonic, but I think they will return.

yani

Smash Lord
I've never played any MGS games, but seeing Snake in the trailer was just so epic. I'm going to buy Snake Eater 3DS when it comes out

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Is a Metal Gear for 3DS already confirmed then? I'll probably buy it then when I get my 3DS. Which should probably happen as soon as I get a decent job. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom